[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to be a self-made rugged individualist who don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7
File: grant2.jpg (74 KB, 597x283) Image search: [Google]
grant2.jpg
74 KB, 597x283
I want to be a self-made rugged individualist who don't afraid of no spooks, but I also want to deliver the working class from bondage. What do?
>>
Do both.
>>
>>780568
Makhno
>>
>>780568
just b urself
if u put ur mind 2 it u can do anything
>>
>>780568
Grow up and realize working men can quit their jobs at will.
>>
>>780609
And likewise starve at will.
>>
File: jus b urself man.png (33 KB, 969x308) Image search: [Google]
jus b urself man.png
33 KB, 969x308
>>780604

>>780629
Sure! Don't you love freedom?
>>
>>780636
10/10 greentext

>>780568
Study, have a comfortable wage but not too excessive, pay your taxes and help your fellow men with your time, money, and experience.
>>
>>780636
>Sure! Don't you love freedom?
Do you mean "freedom" in the sense of Sartre, Camus, deBeauvoir, Nagy or Althusser?
>>
>>780568

Read John Stuart Mill, Gasset, and worship Mosley
>>
>>780661
Whichever one goes along with the idea that in every moment you hold the absolute ability to act/react however you wish, but a variety of factors determine your likely action/response to anything/
>>
>>780667
Yeah, you've not really looked into absolute freedom have you?
>>
>>780687
No. I'm here for the history not the philosophy.
>>
>>780694
And if you're here for history then you probably shouldn't be posting in a thread that is a philosophy thread. Also, Nagy and Althusser were interested in 'history' and "history" respectively.
>>
>>780704
>And if you're here for history then you probably shouldn't be posting in a thread that is a philosophy thread

I'll contribute even if unqualified or uninformed where I please.
>>
>>780710
Black is fine desu senpai
>>
>>780713
Þou are a cunt.
>>
File: Harbl.jpg (80 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Harbl.jpg
80 KB, 800x600
>>780716
You might be right.
>>
I've lurked eons but to no avail. What is a spook?
>>
>>780732
So far I've gathered that it's an intangible concept.
Honor, duty, religion, the state, ect.
>>
just do it
>>
>>780732
The other cause that is not the own cause. Religion, ideology, the nation, justice, etc. Abstract concepts that are alien to the unique interest of the self and exert control over the individual
>>
>>780568
There is no working class, it's a spook
>>
>>780773
>Abstract concepts that are alien to the unique interest of the self and exert control over the individual
Would a cult's beliefs constitute a spook to the cult leader fooling people to satisfy his wants?
>>
>>780789
Then why are they poor?
>>
>>782316
they got spooked
>>
>>780732
Things stirner didn't understand
>>
>>780568
>I want to be a self-made rugged individualist who don't afraid of no spooks
>"I don't want to live merely as I'm told"
>What do?
>"so tell me how"

off to a bad fucking start anon

but basically to help others and still be an individualist you would need to make sure you're helping people for your own sake, even if you simply "like helping others"

>>780732
It's an idea which people work for when people could be working for themselves individually instead. Basically anything that needs to be explained with words like "ought" and "should" instead of "is" or "are".

>Hey Stirner, you should grab me a cup of coffee while you're over there-
>Help yourself faggot; there's nothing a man should do, only what he wants to!
>>
>>782374
oh and before someone asks "but doesn't he always say you act in your own best interest?"

yes, he does, but he says you can lie to yourself about it (via doing something in the name of a spook when it's ultimately just going to be for yourself)
>>
>>780743
>>782374
>>780773
so anything that may cause you to not following true individualism?
>>
>>782463
>true individualism
spooky
>>
>>782463
Any concept I don't agree with is a spook.
>>
>>782463
It would probably be better to say "honest" individualism, as Stirner claims everyone is inevitably an individualist anyway. He's careful enough to not claim you should be honest though, and instead just sort of mocks people who try and follow spooks and false pretenses as though they weren't in it for themselves.
>>
>>782404
It could also please the ego to do nice things for others.
>>
>>782526
That's correct, all Stirner does is say "you're a liar or a fool if you think this is ultimately anything more than pleasing your ego".

Unlike Nietzsche, who says you should be uberdude idealman, Stirner doesn't ever really say you "should" be anything. He just says that "if you don't do this, you're a liar". It's phrased as an objective claim, as technically he doesn't condemn lying due to not really believing in moral good or bad.
>>
File: spooks.png (268 KB, 451x601) Image search: [Google]
spooks.png
268 KB, 451x601
>>782565
>Unlike Nietzsche, who says you should be uberdude idealman
You haven't read Nietzsche, have you?
>>
>>782865
Not to the same degree, but the ubermensch sounds pretty spooky. Feel free to clear up my misunderstanding.
>>
both
>>
>>782316
Poverty is a point of view Anakin
>>
>>780568
>deliver the working class from bondage
>Marxism
Wew lad.
>>
>>780568
>commie
>individualist
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.