[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There's a WWII reenactment happening in my town soon and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 340x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 340x480
There's a WWII reenactment happening in my town soon and I want to sign up, but my mother is pissed that I'm going to dress up as a Wehrmacht and she called me a Nazi. Should I not be doing this? Any reenactors that can enlighten me?
>>
>>778958

Most people will assume that you are an actual nazi. Some of them ARE actually nazis. Pick something actually interesting instead. Also don't assume you can just wander up in costume and expect to take part.
>>
>>778958
Don't spout the good Wehrmacht crap. The Heer had its share of war crimes, don't try to downplay it.

But tell her that you can't have Othello without somebody playing Iago, or The Merchant of Venice without Shylock, but the world would be deprived of two good plays if nobody was willing to play it.

As your mother, she knows you aren't a nazi, so explain to her the educational aspect of a historical reenactment, and make her understand that you are no more a Nazi than the person who plays Claudius in Hamlet is a fratricide.
>>
lol, your mother is fucking dumb
where the fuck do you live?
>>
>>779013
This is some good advice, don't listen to anybody else OP.
>>
>>779013
Pretty much. Somebody has to play the villain, and unless you're doing an Afrika Korps vs Desert Rats reenactment (and you probably aren't) you really should not try to defend the Wehrmacht's warcrimes record.
>>
File: nuh.png (310 KB, 851x467) Image search: [Google]
nuh.png
310 KB, 851x467
>>779013
>shylock
>bad guy
>>
>>778958
If you get to dress up as a Wehrmacht soldier AND get a pet monkey to complete the image, fuck what your mom thinks.
>>
Here's an idea, move out of your mommy's house like a functioning human. Then you can do whatever you want.
>>
>>778958
Call the GeStaPo and tell them your mother is a bolshevist race traitor.
>>
>want to play as the side which got rekt

Your mom should call you retarded not a nazi
>>
>>780073
You have to be 18 to browse this website
>>
>>779013
That's a good point, thanks anon.
>>779411
I'm 18 m8, I'm doing that this sunmer.
>>
>>778958
Watch this and get very, very mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1eO6q19BIo
>>
>>781409
Jesus christ, the media is so fucked
>>
>>779013
>Don't spout the good Wehrmacht crap. The Heer had its share of war crimes, don't try to downplay it.
so did british, american, soviet, italian, japanesse regular army. Every regular army commited war crimes
>>
>>781726
this
>>
>>781726
You know what he meant. There's a subset of German reenactors that try to play it off as "muh Wehrmacht was clean! O-only the SS committed warcrimes! Meine Vaterland Not Meine Fuhrer!"
>>
Can I be a Nazi re-enactor if I'm not White? I just want an excuse to dress up in a spiffy uniform. I don't really care about the Nazis (they were alright I guess.)
>>
>>782735
>>
File: 1452277312601.png (205 KB, 500x386) Image search: [Google]
1452277312601.png
205 KB, 500x386
>>778958
I don't get why that shit still gets people mad.

It was 70 years ago. Almost everyone involved in it is dead. People need to move on.

May as well have been the 30 Years War. I'm dead serious, who cares anymore?
>>
>>781409
>demonising people interested in history
>"omg what a silly hobby!"
cancerous
>>
>>782831
>inplying there aren't people on /his/ still mad about the 30 years war
>>
>>781409
>"there's nothing about the holocaust here"
jesus christ
>>
>>781726
Yes but the Wehrmacht was directly complicit in the mass organized execution of non-combatants on the Eastern Front.
>>
>>782735
How not-white are you?
>>
>>782900
Some individuals in it were. Many weren't. The Heer was no more a criminal organisation than every Allied army was.
>>
just tell here "hey, if someone doesn't play the wehrmacht, then we can't re-enact. Do you also hate janitors?"
>>
in five years you will look back on this moment in embarrassment
>>
>>782915
The entirety of the Heer obeyed the Commando Order, which is a blatant violation of the Geneva Convention.
>B-but Hitler ordered it
Rommel got ordered by Hitler to round up the Jews in North Africa and he completely ignored it with no problem.
>>
File: 1447170847272.png (176 KB, 528x447) Image search: [Google]
1447170847272.png
176 KB, 528x447
>>782853
FUCKING PROTESTANTS REEEEEE
>>
>>782735
>be Asian
>want to take part in a soviet/slav reenactment

I know this feel.
>>
>>781409
>all those fatass Waffen-SS reenactors

like pottery
>>
>>785224
I'm pretty sure the USSR pulled troops from their eastern constituent republics to fight in the war.
>>
>>785224

Loads of Buryats, Yakuts and other assorted chinks served in the Red Army. Just roleplay a Yakut or something.
>>
>>783045
Because Rommel was one of their best generals, and he inspired loyalty in his men. Hitler couldn't afford to do anything to Rommel at the time.
>>
>>785224
>be hispanic
>want to reenact Waffen-SS

At least there were some Asians in the Red Army.
>>
>>782735

Not really.

>White

Any side except Japs

>Asians

Japs, China, Soviets, British and French in the SE Asia

>Indians and Pakis

British and one meme SS regiment.

>Blacks

Meme American regiments.

>Arabs

British, French and meme SS regiments
>>
>>785365
You forgot about Japanese-American units in the Pacific.
>>
>>785365

>>785364

Oh and

>Hispanic

A codetalker lel
>>
>>785365
>Any side except Japs
He could be an interpreter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Starffin
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.