[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
French Foreign Legion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 277x182) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 277x182
What can you guys tell me about the FFL? Especially the training. I've heard the training is brutal but I can't find any info on what makes it so hard.
>>
You don't sleep, you don't eat, you walk, you run, you crawl, you get treated like shit and pushed beyond your limits until you become a new man. You're also taught French.

French soldier here, if you have more specific questions.
>>
>>776693
When's the part where they ram a broomstick up your ass as an initiation ritual?
>>
>>776693
I need all the specifics you can give me, monseiur. I heard they make you run 20 miles in 100F heat and make you eat raw animals that you kill yourself. Any of that true? Is there more?
>>
>>776699
>I heard they make you run 20 miles in 100F heat

They do indeed, and more. The FFL is usually trained in Djibouti or in French Guyana.
They may eat raw animals, it wouldn't be suprising but I have no infos about that. Every instructor has his own "sauce" for training.
They're also captured, tortures, interrogated for years without food to test their resistance.
>>
>>776718
>for years

meant days
>>
>>776718
Can I get sources on that
>>
>>776727

Sure, please follow this link : www.google.com
>>
>>776731
Don't be a smartass. I tried that. All I got was a lot of "lol its fukkn hard bruh"

Nothing specific.
>>
>>776738

I'm telling you what I learnt from working with Legionnaires I have no source but those things aren't a secret in the French army. I may find some in French but I guess you can't read them.
>>
>>776743
I'd appreciate it, and translation shouldn't be too hard.
>>
>>776749

http://recrutement.legion-etrangere.cc/programme-de-la-formation-au-4e-regiment-etranger/
http://www.soldat-metier.com/armee-terre/614-legion-etrangere-neige-centrafrique.html
http://cybercomnet.fr/2015/02/entrainement-militaire-la-legion-etrangere-lenfer-du-soldat/
>>
>>776749

Also here's an interesting vid on their training in Guyana
>>
>>776775
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rsLnTiavRU
fuck
>>
>>776738
Do you want to be a private for 8 years?
>>
So you're looking forward on stepping on a landmine in some african country because france wanted to have another colonial intervention?
>>
>>776687
you have a contract for 5 years in infantry. after a few years, you choose a specialization and whether you want to be french.
>>
>>776687
Ex legionnaire
1REC (cavalry)
Westerner
Also served 5 years in my nations army before hand.

Im out at the moment, dont want to type heaps on my phone, but ill be home in 30, shoot me all your questions and ill answer when i get home.
You probably wont like my answers though, the French Foreign Illusion is what we took to calling it pretty quickly after arrival
>>
>>776718
Not that bad.
>>776693
So basically standard military training?
>>778943
What's the most difficult thing you've ever done and why?
What weapon did you carry? Was it your favorite?
What was your role?

Sometimes, U.S. Troops take over the training camps…
>>
>>779018
>What's the most difficult thing you've ever done and why?
in the Legion im assuming? some of the pack marches i guess, we did 90km in 2 days once, that was pretty brutal, but the most difficult part of the Legion imo is the lack of general freedom.

What weapon did you carry? Was it your favorite?
FAMAS, but like i said i was Cav so also vehicle mounted weapons like the .50 cal etc
>Was it your favorite?
Favorite..? your an idiot, weapons are utilitarian tools.
>What was your role?
4th squadron- Recon in VBL vehicles (on paper) in reality.. glorified janitor

almost everything anyone has said ITT so far has been wrong in its entirety.
Also if your an American, everyone will hate you, and you will desert before the end of training.
>>
>>778943
>You probably wont like my answers though, the French Foreign Illusion is what we took to calling it pretty quickly after arrival
why ?
>>
>>779178

Can you call the passes and the fails amongst new recruits?
>>
>>779773
pretty well, i was a recruit instructor, depends on the Adjudant for the platoon, but yeah you can pick the varying stages of desertion with some degree of certainty
>>
File: 1453096678631.jpg (45 KB, 681x496) Image search: [Google]
1453096678631.jpg
45 KB, 681x496
People come from all over the world to train in that. There's obviously a surplus of motivated soldiers who are a hell of a lot better than the average citizen. How come other nations dont have this?
>>
>>779666
>>779666
because its not the elite fighting force it makes out to be, and its not what a 4chan browsing 'adventurer' like yourself is looking for, i dont know you.. but i know and trained your kind
>>
>>779790
because its not exactly a pool of motivated soldiers mayhaps
>>
What's the chance of joining for someone with no military exp? What are some of the worst characteristics for recruits?
>>
>>779178
Is it a well paying job? What sort of recruits do you get; the desperate or genuinely good people? Do you accept anyone or are there tough entry standards, excepting the rigorous training of course?
>>
Isn't it pretty much that you are not getting in because you are white western pudding? I mean, Abdi that came as a refugee from africa, they are going to pick him. Because let's face it, he has absolutely everything to lose and so he is going to make much better soldier than you ever.

Soldier as in, willing to die in some pretty useless conflict in africa with other eastern european junkies that noone is going to miss
>>
>>776693
Do you have any idea what sort of eye sight requirements are necessary to get in and if contacts are allowed? Seriously considered joining but this is the one thing possibly holding me back.
Perfect vision with contacts but without... Not so much.

Also what are the casualty rates like for the legion. It was obviously high in the pass but these days I have no idea
>>
>>779178
Do mind tell us why you joined and where you are from? Have you seen any combat and do most legionaires see combat in their first 5 years?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.