[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Caesar was Divine Discuss.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9
File: Caesar 3 (3).jpg (155 KB, 875x988) Image search: [Google]
Caesar 3 (3).jpg
155 KB, 875x988
>Caesar was Divine

Discuss.
>>
>>776179
He is just as divine as his current counterpart, the pope. After all, both share the title Pontifex Maximus.
>>
Didn't Julius Caesar's death coincide with earthquakes that were felt as far as present-day Germany?
>>
Sure he was,metaphorically speaking.Same for alex the great.
>>
>>776192
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caesar%27s_Comet
>>
>>776192

Pretty sure Shakespeare made that up
>>
>>776192
That sounds like a very bad metaphor
>>
File: 1424235130722.jpg (63 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
1424235130722.jpg
63 KB, 554x439
In a way, all of us are divine
>>
File: 219_1000.jpg (426 KB, 1000x1248) Image search: [Google]
219_1000.jpg
426 KB, 1000x1248
>>776179
>>
>>776188
Reminder that the pope possibly knows the true name of Rome
>>
File: ps5iXXnthso.jpg (258 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
ps5iXXnthso.jpg
258 KB, 2048x2048
>>776212
Only people from ruling class, desu
>>
>>776179

If Caesar wasn't divine then how did he defeat the Gauls and then defeat multiple Roman armies in the civil war?

Checkmate.
>>
File: 1453096678631.jpg (45 KB, 681x496) Image search: [Google]
1453096678631.jpg
45 KB, 681x496
>>776225
What's wrong with his finger
>>
>>776220

Oh, I'm sure he knows he lives in Babylon. He would be a poor representative of the False Prophet of Mystery Babylon if he did not!
>>
>>776179
If Sathya Sai Baba can be saint, why Caesar can be saint or partially divine, partially because Caesar had mortal man body.
>>
File: youngsiddhartha.jpg (75 KB, 564x676) Image search: [Google]
youngsiddhartha.jpg
75 KB, 564x676
Everyone is divine. Some realize it and some don't.
>>
File: 4.jpg (122 KB, 480x771) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
122 KB, 480x771
>>776247
>Babylon
Iraq should bring famous city Babylon to live for sake of all enemies of god of Israel, because competition it is nice thing making live of mortals less boring.
>>
>>776269
Sorry, but you are not divine, because you don't have divine knowledge, skills and power.
>>
>>776288

Yes I do.
>>
So the Quintilii were divine from Romulus/Mars and the Fabii were also divine from Remus/Mars but the Iulii were divine from to Ascanius/Venus. But weren't Romulus and Remus descendant from Ascanius as well? So are the other two families doubly divine? Does Divinity stack?
>>
>>776282
Saddam tried, before he was killed. He poured millions into it. I don't know if anyone took it up after that.

It seems clear from the bible that satan's throne moved from Babylon to Pergamos to Rome.
>>
>>776267
Sathya Sai Baba is a fraud. Even if he wasn't, he was allegedly an avatar, a god inhabiting a human body as a vessel.
>>
>>776296
Make me stop posting then, fagget
>>
>died
>>
File: masks.jpg (138 KB, 1280x725) Image search: [Google]
masks.jpg
138 KB, 1280x725
>>776194
>We all wear masks, metaphorically speaking...
>>
>>776442
>divine beings can't die
>>
>>776179
Depending on what divine means, sure.
>>
>>776448
You set the rules for what divine beings can, and cannot do?

Why aren't we worshiping you then, since you have power over all the gods?
>>
>>776301
Satan sits in Washington nowadays.
>>
>>776460
>You set the rules for what divine beings can, and cannot do?
Never did that. You, on the other hand..
>Why aren't we worshiping you then, since you have power over all the gods?
You seem confused little fucboi
>>
>>776435
You have no idea what divinity means.
>>
>>776220
R O M A
O
M
A M O R
>>
>>776220
Rome has a true name?
>>
>>776724

It's Reme.

The legend of Romulus and Remus was a sham: Remus was actually the one who killed Romulus, but he took Romulus' name so he would be immune to Hebrew numerology/name magic.
>>
>>776747
How do you know this? Did the Romans know this?
>>
ROMA
AMOR
MARO
>>
>>776755

We only know this because the she-wolf who raised the two wrote down her own account. However it was written in wolfish, which is like a primitive version of dog-latin, and translations have only become available in the past 10 years with the discovery of a sort of rosetta stone that translates wolf to dog and Latin.
>>
File: HE KNEW.jpg (337 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
HE KNEW.jpg
337 KB, 1024x768
>>776220
>>776723
>>776773
>>
>>776804
Are there Dog Romance languages?
>>
>>776810

Yes, each human language maps to a dog language: so there is dog-French, dog-Spanish, dog-Italian, and even dog-Catalan, which are all derivatives of dog-Latin, which is a sister language to pig-latin.
>>
>>776819
Le ouaf
>>
Probably
>>
>>776435
Even divine power couldn't stop you from shitposting
>>
CAESAR DIVUS
C
A
E
S
A
R

D
I
V
U
S
>>
Caesar was the best general rome had to offer.

Prove me wrong
>>
>>776192
Yeah and he also punched an enemy general so hard the entire army died
>>
>>776723
Maybe
>>776724
Yes
>>
Roma has a state name (Roma), priestly name (Flora) and holy name that is neither of those, but its truly Latin in origin. (unlike those mentioned) It is unknown.
At that time it was the most precious secret of all. It can never be found out because writing it down was forbidden.

Rome wasn't even named after Romulus btw, but the opposite. Etruscans called one part of Tiber Ruma.
And Tiber Rumon. 'Rumina' is the name of numen/divine force of breast feeding. After the first king established the city, taking the name of Romulus was his honorary title. It is written down that he was a good king and its possible he was killed by the Senate.
They lured him to a forum near Palus Caprae, the swampy area for grazing goats where they had their meetings, killed him and chopped off his body parts so they could hide his remains under their togas. They told the people of Rome he died and ascended. (Livius)
>>
Pax romana!!!!!
>>
>>776301
>It seems clear from the bible that satan's throne moved from Babylon to Pergamos to Rome.

Babylon -> Pergamos -> Rome -> Constantinople -> London -> Washington -> ???
>>
>>780344
>Rome wasn't even named after Romulus btw, but the opposite. Etruscans called one part of Tiber Ruma.
>And Tiber Rumon. 'Rumina' is the name of numen/divine force of breast feeding

I'm going to make a post about the etimology of Rome this weekend. The matter is not as simple as one might think.
>>
>>780363
I hope I'll be here to see it then. It is a fine example of how myths and rituals are built. (mother wolf, twins, breast feeding, pomerium, bird watching..) All of ancient history is a delicate matter.
>>
>>780363
Whats your education and how did you get into this? I am a classical archaeologist and the ancient history fascinates me to the point of bitter frustration and realization that as much as I enjoy excavating cities and writing papers on our findings and as much as I enjoy the focus on the material remains, I know I'll never get down to the bottom of things like this without proper literary recommendations and guidance.
>>
What if Rome's true name is Istanbul
that'd be weird
>>
>>780363
I'll wait that post, thanks bro
>>
>>776179
Divine probably not but he for sure became immortal.
Who doesn't know his name?
His legacy is astounding, a single man who, after more than 2000 years, has still left such a mark on history.
As they said, 'Caesar, the greatest of all Romans'.
>>
>>776179
You mean Gaius Octavius.
>>
>>776188
I thought his current counterpart was Trump.
>>
Defiying Caesar is no different from the deification of George Washington in art, media, what have you. Just another big name for people to stroke their dicks to. It's no different from being a Naziboo because of Hitler, being a Frenchfag because of Napoleon.

tl;dr you're all retards
>>
>>776192
>tfw people actually believe there were earthquakes and the dead rose from their graves when Jesus died
>despite this being an incredible event, only the authors of the bible seem to have noticed that
B-but the bible is 100% literally true (except the parts that are symbolic).
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.