[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who's your favorite assassin, /his/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 15
File: JohnWilkesBooth_LG.jpg (20 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
JohnWilkesBooth_LG.jpg
20 KB, 320x240
Who's your favorite assassin, /his/?
>>
File: Gavrilo_princip.jpg (19 KB, 161x257) Image search: [Google]
Gavrilo_princip.jpg
19 KB, 161x257
Destroyer of meme empires.
>>
the hashashins desu
>>
me desu
>>
File: MTE1ODA0OTcxNjc2NDM1OTgx.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
MTE1ODA0OTcxNjc2NDM1OTgx.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
>>
Brutus
>>
>>77684
Et tu?!
>>
File: guiteau.jpg (103 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
guiteau.jpg
103 KB, 1200x1200
I love insane people. Also, he's the reason Arthur, the man who never wanted to, or should been, president, became president.
>>
File: 1280px-380_ACP_-_FMJ_-_SB_-_2.jpg (110 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1280px-380_ACP_-_FMJ_-_SB_-_2.jpg
110 KB, 1280x960
>>77556
The bullet that killed a continent.
>>
>>77556
It's amazing how this one guy changed the entire course of history at the age of 23 while I just sit here shitposting at the same age.
>>
File: Robert-damiens.jpg (29 KB, 268x339) Image search: [Google]
Robert-damiens.jpg
29 KB, 268x339
This is why you don't attempt regicide

>On 5 January 1757, as the King was entering his carriage at the Palace of Versailles, Damiens rushed past the King's bodyguards and stabbed him with a penknife, inflicting only a slight wound. He made no attempt to escape, and was apprehended at once. Louis XV's thick winter clothes were protective, and the knife penetrated less than half an inch into his chest. The writer Voltaire described the wound as "fortunately scarcely more significant than a pinprick".[4]

Nevertheless, Louis was bleeding and called for a confessor to be brought to him, as he feared he might die; when the Queen ran to Louis' side, he asked forgiveness for his numerous affairs.

>e was tortured first with red-hot pincers; the hand with which he had held the knife during the attempted assassination was burned using sulphur; molten wax, molten lead, and boiling oil were poured into his wounds. He was then remanded to the royal executioner, Charles Henri Sanson, who harnessed horses to his arms and legs to be dismembered. But Damiens' limbs did not separate easily: the officiants ordered Sanson to cut Damiens' joints with an axe. Once Damiens was dismembered, to the applause of the crowd, his reportedly still-living torso was burnt at the stake.[7]
>>
>>77498
Rashid ad-Din Sinan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rashid_ad-Din_Sinan
>>
>>77556
shit
that dude looks like me if i had black hair
who should i assassinate?
>>
>>80243
It's amazing how an unfired round killed anybody
>>
Are there any examples of really famous, successful assassins? I'm not talking about Oswalds or Booths, but rather "professional" assassins.

I'd think this would be a difficult topic to explore, considering you'd probably not record that kind of stuff, but I'm just wondering.

There's a cool interview of a Saudi executioner out on YouTube, and how he comes to terms with his job, but that's not really an assassin.
>>
>>77634
Spooky desu
>>
File: vlado_chernozemski.jpg (9 KB, 176x246) Image search: [Google]
vlado_chernozemski.jpg
9 KB, 176x246
Indisputable.
>>
>>80452
Hyuck hyuck
>>
>>80432
All of the US presidential candidates.
Yes, all of them, even that one guy nobody's heard of.
>>
File: 160px-Asabah2.jpg (13 KB, 160x200) Image search: [Google]
160px-Asabah2.jpg
13 KB, 160x200
The OG who coined the term "Assassin" in the first place.
>>
>>80459
What about the guy who tried to kill John Paul?
>>
File: 1352213421591.jpg (37 KB, 252x252) Image search: [Google]
1352213421591.jpg
37 KB, 252x252
>>80544
well each and every single one of them are pretty shit desu senpai
so it wouldnt be a bad idea
>mfw mickey mouse wins the election as a write in
>>
>>77556
But Austria-Hungary was pretty baller.
>>
>>80459
Obama is pretty famous and his drone program is sometimes effective although he's assassinated many innocents. .
>>
>>80555
This, the Ḥashshāshīn were the original assassin's.
>>
Helped save Japan from communism.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4KROpdUkrM
>>
>>80612
>they were mudslimes
Save it for
>>/pol/
child
>>
>>77498
It's too hard to choose between Trebonius, Metellus Cimber and Casca. Don't make me do it.
>>
>>80459
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thuggee

Based as fuck assassin gang/cult/tribe who basically give blood to the blood god in order to stop the world from ending.
>>
>>80243

>bullet

go back to /k/
>>
where's the gif of the japanese guy with the sword?
>>
File: brutus1953.jpg (49 KB, 640x492) Image search: [Google]
brutus1953.jpg
49 KB, 640x492
>>
File: uihiuhiu.gif (968 KB, 290x200) Image search: [Google]
uihiuhiu.gif
968 KB, 290x200
>>81374
>>
File: otoyayamaguchi.jpg (39 KB, 395x569) Image search: [Google]
otoyayamaguchi.jpg
39 KB, 395x569
>>80672
>>81447
>17 years old
fucking cool
>>
>>80296
He was just in the right place at the right time with the right intent to murder a statesman.

You could do it too, just like Oswald.
>>
>>77634

>falling for russian subversion
>>
>>80365
That's a weird mix of hilarious and horrifying.
>>
>>80560
Great example, thanks!

>>81322
Very cool, never heard about these guys before. I definitely want to check them out some more.
>>
Jack the Ripper; cause in Star Trek episode 43 you find out he's not actually a human but an alien that's still alive. I mean Captain Kirk ends putting him in the transporter and disperses his atoms accross space but still... It's hard to believe that that won't happen for another couple hundred years. Just don't tell your grand children to live on Rigel 4.
>>
File: story.tim.uniform.attention.jpg (12 KB, 220x168) Image search: [Google]
story.tim.uniform.attention.jpg
12 KB, 220x168
>>77498
Literally fucked up the USA for all of eternity.

Anyway, pic related is a modern day Gaius Mucius
>>
>>80187

>killed Garfield under orders from God
>chanted epic verse, sang "John Brown's Body", called the jurors jackasses, and announced his own candidacy for president during his trial
>ranted that he only shot Garfield, doctors had killed him (probably right)
>sold autographed pictures of himself from his cell
>wrote a poem for his execution and requested the city provide an orchestra for him

Shizophrenia+syphilic brain damage is a hell of a drug, this man should be in every US History book
>>
>>81447
Holy shit.
>>
>>80672
the post-assasination is so orderly, like ants swarming with a precise aim
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.