[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could we have a tnread about tribal people? Is ot true what they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
File: images-3.jpg (15 KB, 263x192) Image search: [Google]
images-3.jpg
15 KB, 263x192
Could we have a tnread about tribal people?
Is ot true what they say about tne tribal life being harsh and brutal, or are they ador even more peaceful than modetnliving people?
>>
>>770740
it is brutal according to us, not to them. Liberals cannot stand that a society is less liberal than them, more so when the society gets bigger to the point of threatening the liberals.
>>
>>770740
1.So like tribe is a political unit not a way or being or living
2.lots of variables like access to resources, land, assimilation laws, etc...
3.what are the conditions of a particular group.

Moriori were pacifists, certain Papuan groups utilized ritualized "warfare" and revenge/honor killings. Arguable resource competition is the ultimate factor in how a society forms and engages within and outside of a community like any other political or demographic unit.

Anyways I love what I call "little peoples" small specialized populations in extreme conditions. Namibian Strandloopers, Seri, Morirori, Aeta, etc...
>>
Wipe them the fuck out.
>>
Can someone tell me about the Khoisans? They are one of the oldest(if not the oldest) group of people on the planet, why didn't they advance past hunter gatherers? Even after the bantu spread throughout central and southern africa Khoisans remained hunter gathers. Why? Did they use metal tools after the Bantu expansion?
>>
That's very broad, there isn't just a single tribe. Some, like OP's pic, are violent and don't allow others near. Though there are still many who welcome strangers and can cooperate.

People of lower worlds (very first world thing to say) are typically much happier than farther advanced peoples.
>>
>>770770
/pol/ pls
>>
>>770811
>Happy.
How do you count/measure that?
>>
>>770801
>Can someone tell me about the Khoisans?
Sure
>They are one of the oldest(if not the oldest) group of people on the planet,
They are just as new as everyone else, they have old haplogroups and are genetically speaking distinct populations with old and new admixture.
>why didn't they advance past hunter gatherers?
Advance? This isn't a video game, ita not levels.

Secondly numerically speaking most "khoisan" were Khoe, herders of sheep and cattle
>Even after the bantu spread throughout central and southern africa Khoisans remained hunter gathers. Why?
Khoe were mostly herders, some assimilated into farming communities. Some didn't. Some didn't engage in herding but they did practice apiculture often enough.
>Did they use metal tools after the Bantu expansion?
Metal was used in Namibia and other places meteorite iron was available.
>>
>>770740
>Is ot true what they say about tne tribal life being harsh and brutal,

Pretty much

>or are they ador even more peaceful than modetnliving people?

Not even close. Modern people live in the most peaceful societies in history.
>>
>>770827
You ask them and compare the numbers
>>
>>770740
>>770856

Dear friends,

Every time you talk about "tribal VS modern", an ethnologist is crying.
Please look up everything you can find about "the Great Divide" in anthropology and you will have some other outlooks
>>
>>770879
>Every time you talk about "tribal VS modern", an ethnologist is crying.

I don't care about ethnologists, they're all morons. There are no absolutes of course, but violence has steadily declined since humans started settling down, and even very peaceful tribal cultures are shockingly violent by our modern sensibilities.
>>
>>770918
....the scale of war and utter destruction since settling is unparalleled to small scale battles of tribal societies.

By a long shot
>>
>>770770
Conservatives are the ones who make normative moral statements
>>
>>770926

And yet even with this, rates of violence have fallen every generation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ramBFRt1Uzk
>>
>>770936

People on all sides make normative moral statements all the time.
>>
>>770926
Except that war is not the default situation. Wars have become more destructive compared to tribal affairs. Modern society however has become more regulated and warfare has been much more seperated from everyday life.
>>
>>770926
Even during world war 2, only about 3% of the population was killed, and according to this: http://ourworldindata.org/data/violence-rights/ethnographic-and-archaeological-evidence-on-violent-deaths/ people dying violent deaths back then is a much bigger percentage than today.
>>
>>770740
I want to be the first to visit so I get treated as a god and they throw their maiden daughters at me because being deflowered by a god is seen as a great honour. Fuck I wish I was born in the age of exploration.
>>
>>770956

You'd have been eaten by the first savages you came across m8. Tribal people are backwards but they're not retarded, they know a human when they see one even if he is unusually tall, pale, fat and acne-scarred.
>>
I'd give them some blankets
>>
>>770988

Once these tribal groups make contact with the outside, around 90% die of various diseases and the rest become the poorest of the poor in the favelas and similar ghettoes.
>>
>>770999
How many of our dieses actually get to spread to tribal peoples through tne sparse contact we actually got?
>>
>>771012

Surprisingly little. But once the tribe itself decides it wants to make contact and there is a lot of exposure, generally they will pretty much all die soon afterwards. It's the main reason Brazil follows a strict no-contact policy.
>>
>>770965
>tall, pale

Shitskin manlet spotted
>>
>>771032
I know reading is hard but please try again.
>>
>>771018
Is there any examples of tribal peoples that have kept good enough contacts with their non-tribal neighbors to build up a resistance?
I know the Sapmi did do that, trading skins with their settled neighbors, though they maybe are nomadic rather tban tribal.
>>
>>771068

Very few Old World tribal groups were isolated enough for this to be a serious problem, it's pretty much a New World phenomena.
>>
Neither? Their way of living often leads to regularly raiding other tribal groups for territory and women, they are also very paranoid about possible raids or traps, and they usually abandon the disabled or the deformed to their deaths, which means a lot of them have killed someone.

That doesn't mean that they feel nothing when killing, or that they are particularly brutal in their raids.
>>
>>770965
>Pale, fat, and acne scarred
You mean fair,well-fed, and kissed by fire.
>>
>>770801
They are mentally retarded they have the lowest tested human IQs on earth 54 even lower than the african blacks in Equatorial Guinea at 59.
>>
>>770740
>being harsh and brutal
for our christian sensibilities it is, just like how it is 'harsh' that a lion eats the offspring of competitors so the lioness can be back in estrus, or it's 'brutal' that wolves and apes gang up on a prey in order to hunt it more efficiently
tribal people only follows the rules that worked better for their survival. if it didn't work for their survival they would've been extinct long ago
>>
There was an interesting theory that I came across a number of years ago, and I can't remember it's name but it is often used to explain why some tribes don't seem to advance while everyone else around them prospers basically once a tribe collectively increases their efficiency to a point they can lower their time to produce enough food for their village to 6 hours per person they begin naturally working on arts and general advancement, however either a village has such a hard time they can never drop below that time or they become traditionalists and never drop below that because "we've always done it that way"and they ostracize the younger generation that attempts to change things
>>
>>771493
So that's why we have 8 hour work days. It's the man keeping us down
>>
>>770879
Good you humanities faggots can suck my dick! Studying fraudulent, pseudosciences and trying to dictate policies. Franz Boas was a crook that ruined anthropology, a promising new science, forever. The rest of just continue from where he left off.

Thanks for letting me know that using the word tribal pisses you people off.
>>
>>771550
Calm down pal. I know I try a lot to dictate whatever you want, but if you really want to upset me and "my kind", use "primitive". You'll get even more results

>>770918
It's a pity you don't want to read people who care about what you care though

>>771493
I don't know if that's what you're talking about, because it's not the exact same thing, but it is Pierre Clastres "Society Against The State"?
>>
>>771550
>Franz Boas was a crook that ruined anthropology

This a thousand times. I've actually studied anthropology for one semester years ago, but after reading recommended literature from absolute retards like Boas and Benedict Anderson I dropped out. The amount of horseshit they're trying to peddle was just that bad.
>>
>>771504
You may have been sarcastic but I think it's true, DA MAN would rather industrialize every profitable art and craft there is, than risking some office drones doing it for free in their spare time.
>>
>>771611
>actually studied
>one semester
Read some more (not unlike >>771550 "anthropology = Franz Boas and he was a crook")
>>
>>771378
>IQ
>2016
ISHYGDDT
>>
>>771613
And they wonder why college kids are always so artistic/expressive

It's not because they are young, it's because they have the time to be
>>
>>770770
>>>/pol/
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.