[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that France wasn't a "nation" until 1870
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
Daily reminder that France wasn't a "nation" until 1870
>>
File: france_1154_eng[1].jpg (520 KB, 1241x1755) Image search: [Google]
france_1154_eng[1].jpg
520 KB, 1241x1755
If Angevin Empire had conquered whole of the France, French Revolution wouldn't occur and commies never exist. XD
>>
>>770708
well said
>>
>>770708
> Angevin Empire
The memiest of empires, literally Eternal Anglo version of WE WUZ EMPERORS AND SHIT.
>>
File: 228897_default.jpg (19 KB, 500x331) Image search: [Google]
228897_default.jpg
19 KB, 500x331
>language defines the nation
>>
>>770787
It provides the constraints of the nation, yes.
>>
>>770689
Even less people spoke french in the mid ninteenth century
(I'm from Calvados, in Normandie and my grand father parents spoke a local language half french and half local)
>>
>>770787
I was born in a small village
>>
>>770831
its a tragedy. parisian sjws remade the country in their own image
>>
>>770876
Not really, everyone speaks french but there is rare words or expression we only use in some regions. In Normandie, people still have their accent, and almost all the population from peasents families can understand the old local language that some olders still speaks
So our local culture is less here but we're all still differents. And don't forget that it has allowed us all to speak with each others, this is cool
>>
>>770689
Friendly reminder that "nations" didn't exist until the late 18th - 19th century
>>
>>770689
what were the other languages? I know about Occitan and Breton, but what did they speak in Geneva or the rest of the cities for example.
>>
>>771904
nice meme
>>
>>771923
Probably like dialects of french but with their own grammatical and word variations so as to render the labguages unintelligible to french speakers
>>
>>771923
Probably dialects of German, Frisian, Walloon, and Dutch.
>>
File: 1271124174542.png (31 KB, 400x345) Image search: [Google]
1271124174542.png
31 KB, 400x345
reminder that france invented nations
>>
File: 3261451776326.jpg (40 KB, 427x270) Image search: [Google]
3261451776326.jpg
40 KB, 427x270
>>770876
How is that being a SJW ? It's pretty much the opposite, back when people and the government had actual balls
>>
>>772514
I was being cheeky, but Paris tended to see itself as the center of the nation and the carrier of its sovereignty ever since the French revolution. It also was the center of radicalism and republicanism and tended to be more "left" than the rest of the country, antagonising it in 1848 and 1870
>>
>>772567
Probably true, I can't really see it myself since I'm Parisian. But the city is indeed a lefty one today. Just not the same type of lefties, as the left has changed a lot during history : no more revolutionaries and nationalists in Paris, but SJW, bobos, immigrants...
>>
>>770689
With that criteria, no major European power was a nation until latter half of 1800s.
>>
>>772650
honestly as a foreigner I can't even imagine what a non-parisian frenchmen would be like. Our entire understanding of France comes from Paris.
>>
>>770689
>until 1870
>implying it's a nation now

The Republican entity occupying the region of Gaul is not a nation, lel
>>
>>770708
ETERNAL ANGLO
REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>770708
but the PlantagenĂȘts were french it wouldn't have changed anything
>>
>>772732
Parisian is not a definitive condition : it's a state if mind. A provincial will come to Paris, all nice and positive, and will slowly become grim, stressed and agressive towards strangers. He'll also start despising Provinciaux. Then his children will grow up in Paris, get tired of it, move to the Province, and become mellower, while starting to mock the hate Parisians. Their children will the come back to Paris in an eternal circle of hatred and moodswinging.

More seriously, Parisians are rather nice people like everyone else in France, but the stress of the big city, the rush, the oblivious tourists and the rude waiters (also for Parisians) will make us look angrier and smuggier. France is a wonderful country, with lots of diversity between its inhabitants, lots of different state of minds and you should really visit outside Paris, the city is not like anywhere else in France so it's a big mistake to assume all French people are like Parisians. They have much more to show than that, even I admit it.
I can only encourage you to visit ityer okaces in our beautiful country then !
>>
>>773023
>and the rude waiters
It always amazed me that they're extra-rude to the demographic which tips the most.
>>
I'm guessing like the way a nigger speaks jive english in the inner cities and the way a hill billy would speak English are also different.
>>
File: genocide in the vendee.jpg (199 KB, 738x393) Image search: [Google]
genocide in the vendee.jpg
199 KB, 738x393
The French Republic, as it existed since 1789, is probably the most totalitarian entity that ever existed in the history of mankind. It's a country built on cultural and physical genocide to an extent none other comes close.

I'm actually glad they are getting conquered by Africans, they deserve it. And the best thing? Since the Freemasonry dissolved every intermediary body of society, since it destroyed the Church and the entire French civil society, they have absolutely no defense against what is coming. The French people is addicted to the State, they cannot survive without it, they do not have links, family, traditions or even gangs (outside of a few gypsies and the Corsicans).

They are going to be slaughtered by cattle and I will be alive to watch it unfold.
>>
>>773084
>I have no idea what genocide means
>>
>>773049
They're rude to everyone, but Americans are way too obnoxious for French standards.
There is a full website for Americans about cultural differences between America and France, it was pretty interesting, I recomend it. They often say that American openness is seen as rude, forced, fake and moking or even condescending for French people, which is quite true.
Anyways, lots of Americans feel especially targeted, victimized or hated in Paris, but you need to know that waiters and taxi drivers are a special breed of giant cunts for everyone else, even Parisians
>>
>>773084
>the French Republic, as it existed since 1789, is probably the most totalitarian entity that ever existed in the history of mankind. It's a country built on cultural and physical genocide to an extent none other comes close.

Not true in the slightest, the regime of the communists especially that in North Korea and and pre Khrushchev USSR.

Whilst the Republic made grand claims much like Benentio 'all within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state' Mussolini there was a huge difference between their words and their practice and desires.

The Republic was by modern terms very decentralized and only had direct control over places like Paris, and had to rely on thier army for the most part.

The freedoms of movement, ownership and religion are far greater than anything the people under the Bolsheviks or Kims ever had.
>>
>>773049
Found it.
http://www.understandfrance.org/France/Intercultural.html
>>
File: 1445567024736.jpg (77 KB, 1400x1056) Image search: [Google]
1445567024736.jpg
77 KB, 1400x1056
>>773120
>and had to rely on thier army for the most part.
>
>The freedoms of movement, ownership and religion are far greater than anything the people under the Bolsheviks or Kims ever had.
right and when the republicans think that you are less republican than them, they send you their armies.
>>
>>773084
Just admit that you're autistic.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.