[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay /his/.... What the hell is happening in this board? Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
Okay /his/.... What the hell is happening in this board? Why are there, at any given time, a dozen religion / Christian threads......

At the rate this is going to turn into /rel/igion.... Should we just introduce a religion general thread or ban discussion of non-historical (non-faith) religious events?

This is just shitting up the board. Anyone agree or am I alone here?
>>
I'm glad you liked my filename enough to keep it and just ignore it what you don't like. Make the threads you want to see. Bump the threads you want bumped. Hide christfags threads if you care to.

Works for quest threads, e-celebs, and stealth current events posting.
>>
>What the hell is happening in this board?

Christtards being christtards. I don't think these retards will ever learn how to argue a point and not come across as gigantic morons
>>
>>770551
Yeah it was chuckle worthy.
I'm just concerned of /his/ turning into a /b/.
Not in the sense of "random" but in the sense of "same shit everyday".

This board was gold in the first few weeks, but the change is very apparent. Very apparent.
>>
File: images.jpg (12 KB, 214x235) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12 KB, 214x235
>>770555
It was the same back in November, m8.
>>
>>770536
Get with the times grandpa, this is the christian circlejerk board.
>>
>>770555
/his/ was always like this. It was never good. If anything, there's slightly less shitposting now, than back when it launched. You would know this if you had been here from the start. It's still really bad, threads falling off the board within a few hours from all the shitposting, /pol/ tier threads recieving hundreds of replies. If only the mods would do their "job".
>>
I see this argument come up all the time and for the life of me I cannot fathom where it comes from.

Religion threads in no, way, shape or form impact the discussion on history threads. The two are largely separate, and if some Christfag is dumb enough to say something like "the Muslims were so successful because they had Satan on their side," they quickly get shot down and the discussion continues.

Get the fuck over it. There's a thing called the "hide thread" button, learn to use it.

t. someone who comes for the history discussion.
>>
>>770574
The trouble is that there's a certain degree of subjectivity to it. There have been several truely terrible threads deleated but what's the cut off point? Technically religion is allowed to be discussed in any manner.

The problem is the user base. A great many christ-fags are not interested in discussing the religion from a historical or even theological point of view but of just trying to beat the other denominations, recruit for the cult, and revize any history that doesn't paint the best colors.

A proper discussion of religion disregards what is 'true' and just focuses on what the groups believe about themself. For instance this is being discussed properly. >>766061
>>
/his/ is stupidly undermoderated on top of the mods don't even seem to know the rules global or board or what is clearly shitposting.

For example, a few weeks ago I tried I thought it would be interesting to have a thread on actual sociology and anthropology news, so I posted a thread on anthropology and sociology with news and study links and deleted within minutes, I think "okay maybe they think this is politics?" and I remove whatever topics would be seen as political (studies into gender roles etc) and still deleted.

But on the other hand Racebait /pol/ threads, religion threads, /int/ threads and nazis did nothing wrong threads don't get deleted at all.

Honestly I wonder where Moot/Hiro find their janitors and mods sometimes.
>>
>>770597
The problem is that certain things are trigger words.

'dark ages'
'anything negative about church history'
'crusades'
'why Rome fell'
'anything to do with Jews'
'anything to do with Islam, escpially the golden age'
'critical analysis of the bible'

and it's much worst in the humanities. You can barely discuss philosophy without someone complaining the only real philosophy is scholasticism.
>>
We need more /his/tory in /his/
>>
File: his.png (573 KB, 1100x500) Image search: [Google]
his.png
573 KB, 1100x500
>>770536
>>
>>770536

To be honest, about 3/4 of it by volume, and more by a subjective level of stupidity, comes from about 3-4 posters, Wolfsheim, Constantine (now sans-trip), and that one quasi-baptist guy who accuses everyone who disagrees with him of either being a Jew or a Catholic/Babylonian pagan idolater.
>>
>>770536

Piss off.

I come here for the threads arguing about religion.

I like history as well but quite honestly most of the history threads are shit tier anyway.
>>
It beats the obvious bait threads like "what do you think of afrocentricism' or 'what do you think of John Green' or 'what are the historical parallels to refugees immigrating to europe/feminism/thing I don't like.'
>>
>>770536

Ladies and gentlemen, the tyranny of the left and their desire to eliminate all speech that they don't like.

Religion is literally in the definition of this board.
>>
>>770552
Our arguments transcend your pitiful comprehension. That's hardly our fault. You want to live like an animal? Then you get to die like an animal.
>>
I don't mind it, I think it's interesting. I'm not religious at all so it's fun to get an insight into how religious people think and converse with people of other religions.
>>
>>771110

We need more His Story in /his/.
>>
>>771706
I've already heard his story, I want to learn about Her Story now
>>
>>771737
You mean Semiramis/Isis/Ishtar/Mary, the Queen of Heaven?

She is a demon, loose now, will be bound for a thousand years, loosed again, and then cast into a lake of fire forever and ever. The End.
>>
>>771697
So full of himself. The theist.
>>
>>770536
>complains about board quality
>posts le epic hobo man

fuck off
>>
>>770551
>If I ignore it it will go away
>>
>>771155
>what I expected
>leftypol

Back to your containment board.
>>
>>771784
So full of the Holy Spirit of Truth. The born-again Christian.
>>
You need a real knowledge to discuss history but to discuss theology you can just made up staff as you want so it is easy to fun post about religion.
>>
>>771813
I don't care about making it go away. I care about changing what is in my power to change. Rage against the unflappable autism of the christfag with meta threads or beg hiroshimoot to adjust the board's rules if you must.

I'll be making threads I like and discussing history.
>>
>>770552
>Christtards
Funny. You say that, but every thread I see posted involving religion is some neckbearded fedora donning fuck going on about how "gee religion sure is silly, good thing I'm enlightened unlike you retards". This is pretty much every religion thread on /his/, including this one.

Kill yourself, retard.
>>
>>773582
>>773582
Why don't you take a look at this thread.

>>773182

It's a gigantic pissing match between Protestants and Catholics. Even without a single comment argueing against the validity of the Christian God it's fucking shit-posting. We have multiple threads like this going on!
>>
Honestly i didn't expect the discussion to be as focused on religion as it has been, Religion is a crucial and complex topic, and I have not heard any argument why the board needs to be divided between the two essentially intertwined subjects of Theology and History. The board should probably be renamed though.
>>
File: 1436414417737.gif (1000 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1436414417737.gif
1000 KB, 400x225
/pol/ is more annoying than the christposting desu

Do I think any of it should be bannable? no.

Want it off of your board? Don't reply to it, and especially don't create threads complaining about it. Fucking retards.
>>
>>773692
Where would philosophy be?

Honestly if you shoved philosophy in with theology it would just lead to endless shit posting about the existence of God.
>>
>>773676
Which side do you think is winning?
>>
>>773706
If I had to say critically, the Protestants position of being the closest to early Christianity is simply not supported and their lack of sources shows this.

However this is not victory since popularity on 4chan is very fickle and often based on emotional response, repetitation, or affirming beleifs they already holding.

I don't think anyone is winning. The most productive religious threads were the ones that disregarded those sectarian arguments altogether.
>>
>>770536
I miss /k/ actually posting here. This board actually helped kill military history discussions on both /k/ and here, especially at a tactical level. For the most part it's about their leaders or shitposting about empires instead of anything actually worthwhile of reading.
>>
I don't care as long as they don't quote their holy books to try to win arguments
>>
File: regrets.jpg (30 KB, 500x241) Image search: [Google]
regrets.jpg
30 KB, 500x241
>Christfag threads
>Garbage philosophy threads
>History meme threads
>Racebait threads
>Islam bait threads
>Contemporary politics/society threads
>Alt history threads
>"Redpill me on x" threads
>John Green/Jared Diamond/some other scapegoat threads
>Rhodesia threads
>/int/ threads
>The occasional decent thread that will inevitably be shitposted into oblivion

Why did we ever doubt moot?
>>
Someone post that greentext about the priest who did a bunch of shit and then he's mad over fedora tipping retards today
>>
>>771307
I hardly post or make threads on this board, man.
>>
>>774529
You have left a proud legacy of internet crusaders. Ready to shit post in the name of God. Deus Volt!
>>
>>771813
Yeah, thats how it works.
>>
>>770562
Can confirm, I haven't been here since November and it's pretty much the same, except a little more religion and a little less "hurr go back to pol" "durr go back to tumblr" "stop telling people to go back to places" "no u" "this is pol's colony you jew" "no fuck off fucking memer" "you're all shit"
>>
>>774575
This, its pretty much business as usual, except the commie shitposting is a bit more subdued.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.