[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Abraham is the most influential person in history
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: 250px-ReligionSymbolAbr.png (57 KB, 250x263) Image search: [Google]
250px-ReligionSymbolAbr.png
57 KB, 250x263
>God tells Abraham "Your descendants will number the stars"

>As of 2005, it was estimated that 54% (3.6 billion people) of the world's population considered themselves adherents of an Abrahamic religion

How can you explain this? This doesn't just happen.

Are they right? Are Jews/Muslims/Christians God's chosen people? Is there anyone who has ever had such an impact on the world? Jesus was supposed to be a descendant of him, so he is responsible for all 3 religions
>>
>>763645
Rather than Abraham, Moses, Zoroaster, Jesus, or Muhammad being influential, it's more like a series of influential generations of religious thinkers retroactively credited their own influence over their religion to a legendary founder.
>>
>>763645
Goddamned deluded christfag
Just killing everyone you disagree with and imposing and manipulating faiths because it ensures a certain emperors power through so called 'Divine destiny' isnt gods will it is the use of faith in statecraft to control the masses and engender reforms on the entropic and endemic systems within societies.

Its the same as calling communism as divine revelation, now get on your knees and start pleasing Jesus to feel his 'salvation' all over your face.
>>
>>763645
Peace be on our father Abraham.
>>
>>763757
Holy shit

The fedora is in maximum overdrive in this post

>>763645
Muslims shouldn't be in that list, they're just lying copy cat hanger-ons

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nNAS0aaViM4
>>
>>764712
>Muslims shouldn't be in that list
>biggest part of the list
>>
>>764718
>biggest part of the list

What do you mean?

You know there's more Christians than muslims right?
>>
>>764725
most christians are just cultural
>>
>>764754
>implying all people who live in the middle east who will get murdered by getting hit in the head with rocks repeatedly for not believing actually believe in the religion they'll get murdered painfully for not believing in
>>
>>764712
>Muslims shouldn't be in that list, they're just lying copy cat hanger-ons
The same way Christians are to Jews, but that doesn't make them not Abrahamic.
>>
>>764712
>Holy shit
>The fedora is in maximum overdrive in this post
Yea sounds like a deluded christfag, I believe in a supreme being, a god far above our meagre knowledge who does not require our adoration, just that we understand the universe and forge our place in it.

Instead you push around outdated ideals and generalizations about how to deal with common issues IN THAT TIME that is irrelevant now. Faith is for your work and duty, not to sit around in some abandoned mausoleum of a dead man who was supposedly some whores son and expect him to intervene.

God isnt there to serve you, God has already created everything you ever need, everyone is too egoistical and cynical to see it, but paradise and heaven is the freedom of choice, true hell is the imposition of the self on others.
>>
>>764766
No. It actually isn't even close to the same.

The new testament and Jesus fulfilled every propecy that was unfinished in the old testament

Islam is a lying contradictive violent religion that makes no sense. They claim to believe in Christianity but they don't actually believe in Christianity

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nNAS0aaViM4
>>
>>764773
>No. It actually isn't even close to the same.
Said the Christian, of course.
>>
>>764765
theres far more pretend christians than fake muslims
>>
>>763645
Karl fucking Marx how fucking delusional abrahamic religions' followers can get. Still trying to glorify yourselves with ancient memes mirite? Are you really so desperate to that you have to pull the archaic ''we wuz god's chosen people'' trump card? race supremacists, religious supremacists, national supremacists, all so similar. You can follow any cult you wish but fuck off with that shit.
>>
>>764773
>The new testament and Jesus fulfilled every propecy that was unfinished in the old testament
AHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

Oy fucking vey, are you kidding?

t. Orthodox Jew
>>
>>764778
>fedoras get mad at God for not showing himself
>fedoras get mad at Christians for thinking God has showed himself

Make up your minds people

From your post
>dead man who was supposedly some whores son

The heresy is in maximum overdrive in this post

>>764783
No there isn't

Muslims believe in "Allah" out of fear
>>
>>764789
Which didn't Jesus fulfill besides the second coming which is also prophesied in the bible but yet to happen?
>>
>>764791
>Muslims believe in "Allah" out of fear
whatever helps you sleep at night jim, meanwhile i see how you "christians" act outside the church, fucking degenerates all of you
>>
>>764816
I sleep just fine at night actually

Better than they're sleeping in the middle east I'm sure

Sorry that you only know degenerate Christians :(
That's an odd coincidence
>>
>>764796
>the jews have not all returned home
>the temple hasn't been rebuilt
>no world peace
>everyone on earth has clear knowledge of G-d
>any man claiming to be G-d is a liar, G-d has no partners, he doesn't beget, nor is he begotten
>G-d is one. Not made up of multiple elements, nor a trinity
>All nations still haven't recognized the evils they've done to the Jews
>A true prophet does not describe G-d differently from how he is known to be from the scriptures
>A true prophet doesn't claim G-d has "changed his mind" about the law
>"Be careful to observe only that which I enjoin upon you; neither add to it nor take away from it."
>Original Sin: bullshit. People are not inherently evil, we were made in the image of G-d. If you sincerely repent for your wrongdoings G-d will forgive you and that is the end of it. G-d is disgusted by human sacrifice.
>>
>>764819
>coincidence
k
>>
>>764712
>Muslims shouldn't be in that list, they're just lying copy cat hanger-ons
And Christians aren't? The New Testament is really the Zeus-Apollo Redux Testament
>>
>>764822
That was the point...I was being sarcastic

There's no way every Christian you met is a degenerate. There's obviously some dishonest bias going on

>>764820
Besides the things that are explained in revelation (which I already addressed in my post) what hasn't happened yet?

>>764825
In what way?
>>
>>764840
Everything I listed.

Because you are a bunch of blasphemous fucks.

There is no "second coming".

And Jesus wasn't even from the line of David.
>>
>>763645
>Abraham
>historical figure

This board has scholarly standards.
>>
>>763645
>How can you explain this? This doesn't just happen.
But it did just happen. Why must there be some special meaning to there being x number of ___? Is there some grand heavenly plan that made half of all humanity today Indians and Chinese people?

It just so happened that Christianity and Islam rose from the fertile ground of the Mediterranean Roman lake and happened to spread into the rest of the world due to military and economic developments beginning in the 14th century.
>>
>>764852
Could you clarify what things you think weren't fulfilled besides the things written in about in revelation?

Obviously Jesus wasn't physically born from Joseph, but if you understand what being from the "house" or "line" of something means you would understand that Jesus is from the line of the Kings of Israel

How are Christians blaspemous?
>>
File: mby-mbd-01.jpg (77 KB, 397x280) Image search: [Google]
mby-mbd-01.jpg
77 KB, 397x280
>>764852

>There is no "second coming".

Because certain prophecies describe the Mashiach as a suffering servant, and some describe him as a conquering king; you believe in a Mashiach ben Yosef as well as Mashiach ben David.

Rather than believing in two Messiahs, we believe in one Mashiach, who came and suffered as ben Yosef, and who will return and conquer as ben David.
>>
>>764924
>Could you clarify what things you think weren't fulfilled besides the things written in about in revelation?
Revelation was a collection of schizophrenic ramblings by a mad apostle who realized his fraud wasn't coming back
>Obviously Jesus wasn't physically born from Joseph, but if you understand what being from the "house" or "line" of something means you would understand that Jesus is from the line of the Kings of Israel
It doesn't work that way.

According to Jewish law, tribal identification comes from the father's side, being Jewish, from the mother's side. According to Matthew 1, Joseph was descended from David (Although there are many contradictions between his genealogy there and that listed in Luke, however according to the same text, Joseph did not have sexual relations with Mary, therefore Jesus was not related to Joseph, and not a descendant of King David.

According to Jewish law, adoption does not change the status of the child. If an Israelite is adopted by a Cohen, (A descendant of Aaron the High Priest), the child does not become a Cohen, likewise if a descendant of David, adopts someone who is not, he does not become of the tribe of Judah and a descendant of David.

>How are Christians blaspemous?
By spitting on the holy scripture and following a false prophet
>>764964
...you pulled that entirely out of your ass.
>>
>>764852
Fuck off you kike, can't you see that your religion is no more bullshit than Christianity?
>>
>>765015
*tips fedora*
>>
>>764988
You know how ridiculous you sound right?

You know who Jesus' real dad was right!
>>
>>764988
No I didn't, that's actually what I believe in, FYI. You can't call it ridiculous either because you know that it's a more valid belief than believing in two Messiahs. There will be only one Redeemer.

You wouldn't happen to be Jarkhukdze Sakashvilii, would you?
>>
>>764768
>This isn't even my final form
>>
>>764791
The things I posted for >>764778 # were meant for >>764768
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.