[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is a great board
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 23
File: Denmark victory.jpg (4 MB, 4298x3165) Image search: [Google]
Denmark victory.jpg
4 MB, 4298x3165
Congratulations on this really great new board!
>>
File: Kenpei.jpg (39 KB, 451x405) Image search: [Google]
Kenpei.jpg
39 KB, 451x405
>mfw
>>
>>75102
I love that painting

but victory for what? losing against Prussia and Austria?
>>
>>75102
This board was a long time coming but moot was a faggot about it
>>
>>75138
The noble Danes were victorious!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Schleswig_War
>>
My first time coming on here was slightly disappoint as everyone seemed to be uptight, faggy, and had a constant dick in their ass. When I brought up anything other then what they said I was told to "Get the fuck out /pol/"

I waited a few days and things seem to have calmed down
>>
>>75143
>moot
Who's that?
>>
>>75607
He was the old man living down by faggot lane, he usually enjoyed taking great loads of cum to his butt; but most of the time he'd kinda sit around.
>>
>>75143
Moot thought board like /lgbt/ were more important for some reason. I'm starting to think him leaving was the best thing to happen to this place.
>>
We need memes.

I have one here, r8 it:

>honduras' history
>not best history
>>
>>75663
He used to be good when 4chan was in its early stages. But as time went on he made more and more questionable decisions. Hiro is still new to 4chan, not not new to chans. I think the dude will be a great admin, and considering I asked him about a history board in a /qa/ thread 2 days before this board was made, I may be a bit biased on that.
>>
I'm enjoying this as much as possible before they ruin it.
>>
>>75138
We really should have a historic paintings thread.
>>
>>75696
>Moot
>good
>ever

He was always shit, everything here is in perpetual shit. This websites shitty, you're shitty, I'm shitty, everythings shit.
>>
>>75607
some faggot that used to run this place.
>>
>>75777
Fuck you anon, I'm not shitty.

Nice trips though.
>>
>>75102
>>75233

No namefags on /his/ please, let's keep this board free from cancer.
>>
>>75607
Probably some epic tripfag meme. Don't post it again.
>>
File: 1445766666975.jpg (140 KB, 746x736) Image search: [Google]
1445766666975.jpg
140 KB, 746x736
>>75794
No, you're shitty.

The fact you tried to argue with me about your shit proves, with unreasonable doubt in my heart. You are shitty.

Now go ask /x/ if you can uncover the secrets of the universe and meet Hermes thrice great, its quite enlightening.
>>
>>75881
Fuck you anon, I'm not shitty. I ain't going to /x/. You can't make me leave this place.
>>
>>75907
You're the single most shitty person I've come across on this God forbidden shitty board.

Now go ask /x/ about Hermes Thrice Great
>>
File: slave market.jpg (309 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
slave market.jpg
309 KB, 800x600
>>75825
I am free.
>>
>>75942
And what is freedom
>>
>>75979
Another word for "nothing left to lose"?
>>
>>76037
Well, in this case you're capable of losing your tripfag so wouldn't mean you're actually not free?

Also, what do you think of the new history board?
>>
>>75102
Please annex us (Hamburg) again.
>>
>>75102
Denmark, Hans is ours.

Your friend and ally, Canada.
>>
>>75577
>>>/pol/
>>
>>76551
And so, /his/torys first meme was born.
>>
>>75825
Remove your autism first. Report back to /b/ for remedial training.
>>
File: 8 hours in paint.png (33 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
8 hours in paint.png
33 KB, 600x600
>>75102
I love /his/. I have not used another board since it was created.
>>
>>76580
It's not new.
>>
File: 1397620766901.jpg (27 KB, 303x347) Image search: [Google]
1397620766901.jpg
27 KB, 303x347
>tfw you don't have to go on /lit/ or /int/ anymore
>>
>>76643
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

GET OUT NORMIES

>>76656
Nigga this board was only created a few days ago
>>
>>76643
>Napoleonic wars uniform
Great choice anon, I gladly accept her as our official board-tan.
How do we call her?
>>
File: 7 hours in paint.png (30 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
7 hours in paint.png
30 KB, 600x600
>>76683
I'm n-not a Normie though anon.

>>76707
/his/toria?
>>
File: 1446160822789.gif (2 MB, 235x240) Image search: [Google]
1446160822789.gif
2 MB, 235x240
>>76675

Or /pol/
>>
File: bison.gif (1021 KB, 288x162) Image search: [Google]
bison.gif
1021 KB, 288x162
>>76740
>>76675
>tfw no longer have to use /int/, /pol/ or /lit/
>>
I love this board one of the reasons I went to int was for historical discussions so I can migrate here now.
>>
File: nsdap-35.jpg (388 KB, 1300x963) Image search: [Google]
nsdap-35.jpg
388 KB, 1300x963
>>76793
>tfw you have 2 top lad boards to go to now, /pol/ and /his/
>>
File: Ebin.png (68 KB, 800x750) Image search: [Google]
Ebin.png
68 KB, 800x750
>>76736
Fair enough.
>>
File: 1406006092896.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1355) Image search: [Google]
1406006092896.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1355
This is my 1st post in possibly the best board on 4chan.
>>
>>76827
This desu senpai kek
>>
File: The_Thinker_close.jpg (651 KB, 2128x2832) Image search: [Google]
The_Thinker_close.jpg
651 KB, 2128x2832
>>76675
>TFW you would love /his/ even more if it had flags
I know most of people say they would encourage shitposting, but it just makes me feel better when I can see who am I talking to.

It helps to form sense of community. And a little of friendly banter doesn't harm anyone.
>>
>>76970
ID and Flags

God I'd fucking love that on here
>>
>>76970
Flags are why I hate /int/ and /pol/. It is just nothing but shitposting, if anyone from a country someone does not like posts they will never be listened to. Things should be kept anonymous, it makes things better.
>>
>>76970
no fuck off.
If i want to meme posting i'd go to /pol/ or /int/.
keep that shit out of here.
>>
>>76970
It's brings literally nothing but reddit-tier shitposting
>>
>>76970
I think flags should be on /his/ too. And I think the no /pol/ thing should be strictly enforced for both sides of any given issue.
>>
>>77079
>>77014
>>76970
Cancer please go.
>>
>>76970
>>77014
>>77079
>supporting flags
>wanting meme posting
>pay denbt build wall sweeden yes1! XD XD XD
please fuck off.
>>
>>77016
>It is just nothing but shitposting
But that's not true. Flag ad hominem on /pol/ is barely used (the only exceptions are Sweden and India because of ebin memes). Otherwise, they don't have that much significance in discussion of politics.

I'd even say that they improved quality of posting on /pol/, since nobody can accuse opponent of being JIDF anymore.
>>
>>77102
You're the cancer thats destroying this board.

We need to know who we're talking to, have an idea. Your arguments of "causing shitposting" are retarded. /pol/ and /int/ have always been the capital of shitposting.

>>77144
Please fuck off you ignorant asshole, give a decent argument against flags and ids
>>
>>76970
Then get rid of anonimity, yes?
Add registration
Add entrance exams
>>
My thread is going downhill.

Mods, please delete my thread.
>>
>>77160
>Flag ad hominem on /pol/ is barely used (the only exceptions are Sweden and India because of ebin memes)
I am from /pol/ and I know that is not true. Ad hominems based on flags is the default argument on /pol/ now.

>>77166
>You're the cancer thats destroying this board.
No, you are by wanting to turn it into memes and shitposting instead of discussion of history.
>>
File: jan-paweł-II.jpg (48 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
jan-paweł-II.jpg
48 KB, 800x450
>>77019
>>77033
>>77102
>>77144
>Someone makes a point
>FUCK OFF TO REDDIT/POL
>CANCER
>MUH BOOGEYMAN
>STOP SAYING THINGS I DON'T LIKE

You are fare worse than the "cancer" you are trying to avoid, I hope you are aware of that.
>>
Flags shouldn't be used.

Some joking and banter could be accepted

But we cannot let this board to turn into a shitposting place, as >>77016 said, current political events and memes will distract everyone from talking about history
>>
>>75931
I'm late but fuck you anon. I'm not shitty.
>>
>>77208
No, you are because you advocate turning this place into /int/ for no reason other than "banter".
>>
>>77201
>Ad hominems based on flags is the default argument on /pol/ now
Link me to 5 threads based on flag shitposting, or derailed by it on /pol/.
Now.
>>
>>77201
>memes and shitposting instead of discussion of history

Who even said that would happen, are you retarded? What an ignorant assumption. Ids and flags can help with disscussion and understand certain points of views.

>>77238
No problem man, and you're still shitty. Did you discover what Hermes Thrice Great needed?
>>
>>77262
>Ad hominems

C'mon, you can't use that sort of logical fallacy on 4CHAN. C'MON
>>
>>77270
Should I actually ask that on /x/? I'm still not shitty, though.
>>
>>77293
Yes you should ask that on /x/

You're a newfag, and you need to understand why Hermes Thrice Great needs you. Go friend, FLY NOW.
>>
does anyone here play mountain blade napoleonic wars?
>>
>>77166
How about you give me a good reason for flags and Ids?

If you want to know who you're talking to why dont you fuck off to reddit?

4chan should be about what you say and not who saying it. I dont care if a Swedes or an Indian posted, if they have something interesting to say they should be able to without people shouting memes at them.
>>
>>77188
Classic strawman, anon.
You are once again presenting style of discussion far worse than flag ad hominem.

>>77250
>No, you are because you advocate turning this place into /int/ for no reason other than "banter"
This is not what I've said, and there are more valid reasons.

Firstly, it allows us to spot poster's bias.
Secondly, it prevents samefagging - to some extent.
And finally - though it's just my personal feeling - it makes the discussion much more clear and easy to follow, especially in long threads with long posts. Instead of one giant wall of text, you can see which posts were made by specific posters.
>>
>>77160
i get called jidf all the time

my flag is israel tho
>>
>>77372
Some sacrifices had to be made.
>>
>>77262
>>>/pol/54915134
>>>/pol/54904747
>>>/pol/54919014
>Makes mistake
>Entire thread is just calling him Frenchie
>>>/pol/54917030
>Not even politics, it is an /int/ topic
>>>/pol/54917827
>Meme replies based on flags

There you go.
>>
>>77332
You're implying that a Swede or an Indian are constantly butt blasted whenever they post, so I'm going to assume you're mentally retarded. You're the type of up tight asshole who thinks such nonsense.

And knowing who I talk to helps me keep track on the discussion, real discussions without random questions going back and forth and ending abruptly, without a need for a tripfag.

Then again, I asked you what a decent argument was. Or was it, I'm not sure. I can't tell without the ID.
>>
>>77270
>Who even said that would happen
Me because my main board was once /pol/. Then it got flags and just became /int/2.0.
>>
>The board is barely days old
>already tons of amazing threads
>some faggots want it to be a meme board like /int/ and /pol/
this is why we cant have nice things.
>>
>>77338
>Firstly, it allows us to spot poster's bias.
No, it just allows people to attack each other based on flags and not what they say.

>Secondly, it prevents samefagging - to some extent.
Not at all. IDs can be changed within 20 seconds.

>And finally - though it's just my personal feeling - it makes the discussion much more clear and easy to follow, especially in long threads with long posts. Instead of one giant wall of text, you can see which posts were made by specific posters.
I will give you that, IDs can help in following conversations sometimes.
>>
>>77410
>5 spots on one of the most used boards on all of 4chan

Decent buad, you're supplying us with very hardwire arguments here.

>>77430
>Having a mainboard
>>
>>76970
I remember there being discussion to add historical flags that you can add to yourself via a drop menu. Wonder what happened to it?
>>
>>77467
I was asked to link 5 threads or posts right now so I did.
>>77262

>Having a mainboard
So you want to ruin this board and it is not even one you are going to use much?
>>
>>77410
>>>/pol/54915134
>Bait thread
>>>/pol/54904747
Once again, obvious bait, also none of the replies refer to his nationality.
>>>/pol/54919014
>Literally two people pointing out that he made a mistake
>>>/pol/54917827
>One reply
>>>/pol/54917030
As you said yourself, this thread belongs to /int/ more than to /pol/ and that's the problem.
>>
>>77414
no one else seem to have a problem with keeping track of the discussion.
I've been here for years and i've never had any trouble with it either.

maybe you're just fucking stupid?
>>
I agree. It has been years since I've been so addicted to 4chan.
>>
>>77521
>As you said yourself, this thread belongs to /int/ more than to /pol/ and that's the problem.
When you have flags people start posting /int/ topics on the board.

>Once again, obvious bait, also none of the replies refer to his nationality.
The bait only works because of his flag. You would know this if you browsed /pol/. There are lots of memes about Britain being a Muslim country.

>Bait thread
Once again, works because of the flag.

Flags are a cancer.
>>
File: 4chan_map_europe_OC_v3.png (395 KB, 1463x1357) Image search: [Google]
4chan_map_europe_OC_v3.png
395 KB, 1463x1357
>>76827
this
Our empire is growing.
>/pol/ - top memes fucksquashed together with some decent political discussion
>/k/ - a magical place
>/his/ - great historical discussion with a lot of interesting new stuff
>/int/ - learn new stuff about other cultures and POO IN LOO
>/out/ - best place for camping tips imo
>/r9k/ - >tfw no gf
>/tv/ - BANE
>/jp/ - ona hole just arrived

Truly a great time to be alive.
>>
>>77519
Ruin this board? Hardly, I've asked for a /his/ forever now. Now I finally got it and all I've found is people yelling at each other over "POL GET OUT" or something.

Yes, I think flags and IDs are good. They will not ruin, they'll improve. This board is NOT /pol/ nor /int/, it has a different people from different places and backrounds browsing it.

>>77567
Thanks senpai, thats a very compelling argument. Glad I took time out of my day to write that to get such a small reply. Shut the fuck up about discussion, you want none of that.

>>77575
/int/ topics, so you mean like topics about people from around the world that effect the politics of the nation. Poking fun at that is no harm at all. Not everything in life is fucking dull

>Memes about Britain being a muslim country
Yes, its called politcally incorrect. We disscuss things that are seen as politcally incorrect, and Britain has a very large muslim population.

>bait thread
Poking fun at the current state of Sweden
>>
>>77657
>Yes, its called politcally incorrect. We disscuss things that are seen as politcally incorrect, and Britain has a very large muslim population.
>Poking fun at the current state of Sweden
So cancer that belongs on /int/ then.

>Poking fun at that is no harm at all. Not everything in life is fucking dull
Politics takes second place to memes because of it.

>Ruin this board? Hardly, I've asked for a /his/ forever now. Now I finally got it and all I've found is people yelling at each other over "POL GET OUT" or something.
You have been asking for a board to ruin.

>This board is NOT /pol/ nor /int/, it has a different people from different places and backrounds browsing it.
Look at the post above you. He is praising the "POO IN LOO" meme and other such rubbish. With flags his sort of cancer would openly become to flout itself.

And you are incorrect. There is a large overlap with /int/ and /pol/ and given flags those posters will just begin posting memes. Thus ruining the board and creating another /int/ clone.
>>
>>76970
I'd be okay with flags if the thread creator chose to add them to his thread or not.
>>
>>77462
>Not at all. IDs can be changed within 20 seconds
Most of people don't bother with it though, or don't even know how to do it.

>No, it just allows people to attack each other based on flags and not what they say.
>>71985
>>62704
You don't need flags to attack the other poster because of his nationality.

>>77575
See what I wrote above.
Also
>When you have flags people start posting /int/ topics on the board.
Which would be fine as long as they would be /his/ related, and if they weren't - they would get deleted, just like /pol/ threads.

>There are lots of memes about Britain being a Muslim country
And that's exactly why this bait would work no matter of flag, you just have to start with "I'm from Britain, and.."

>Once again, works because of the flag
Once again, it would work no matter of flag because of Sweden Yes meme and because of /pol/ culture.
>>
File: 1441658271334.png (319 KB, 534x388) Image search: [Google]
1441658271334.png
319 KB, 534x388
>>77657
>>77414
>>77338
>>76970
FUCK OFF FLAG NIGGERS
WE LITERALLY HAD FLAGS AND IDs IN THE FIRST HOUR OF /his/ BUT THEY WERE SO CANCEROUS THAT THEY WERE INSTANTLY REMOVED.

One of the very first threads was an indian 'poo in loo' thread, flags and ids sure promote great historical discussion, amirite?

Fucking retards wanting a history-themed meme board instead of a place for real discussion.
>>
I like this constant inbalance between /pol/ and /lit/.

I think both boards are mostly cancer by themselves, but coming together they make some good threads.
>>
flags are a tool of oppression by larger countries forced on smaller countries.

Might as well add a little yellow star to anyone not from the first world if you want to achieve the same effect.
>>
>>77582
you for got /c/ my friend. She's our qt that we need to protect! also nice map, saved.
>>
>>77794
>WE LITERALLY HAD FLAGS AND IDs IN THE FIRST HOUR OF /his/ BUT THEY WERE SO CANCEROUS THAT THEY WERE INSTANTLY REMOVED
The first hour of /his/ was in general so cancerous that the whole board should have been removed in the state it was at that moment, moron. It happned because entire chan came here to shitpost.
>>
>>77734
>So cancer that belongs on /int/ then.
If the people are the foundation of a nation, and the people actively work with politics and their ways affect that Government, then hell we have any right to discuss the currently state of a country.

>Politics takes second place to memes because of it.
Hardly

>You have been asking for a board to ruin.
Again, hardly. I'm asking for a board where discussion and debate go along with a bit of fucking decency, not a God damn place where everyone is fucking uptight. If you don't like what you see, hide it. Thats an option newfag

>Look at the post above you. He is praising the "POO IN LOO" meme and other such rubbish. With flags his sort of cancer would openly become to flout itself.

And you are incorrect. There is a large overlap with /int/ and /pol/ and given flags those posters will just begin posting memes. Thus ruining the board and creating another /int/ clone.
>Finds a single example
>REEEEEE THE BOARD IS RUINED, NOT A SINGLE DECENT CONVERSATION HAS BEEN HELD ON IT EVER SINCE THAT WAS POSTED

This is your logic, mind the caps.
>>
>>77414
>You're implying that a Swede or an Indian are constantly butt blasted whenever they post

You're implying they dont?

Every time an Indian says something it's either POO IN LOO or DESIGNATED.

We dont need that shit here.
>>
File: 1446289356237.jpg (127 KB, 576x635) Image search: [Google]
1446289356237.jpg
127 KB, 576x635
>>75102
We need a philosophy board. /lit/ keeps directing everyone to /his/ and this place is just full of retro /pol/ garbage.
>>
>>77909
What type of Philosopy do you wanna talk about?

>>54917127

Don't think this is philosophy, but we're having a decent time.
>>
>>77909
Just stay at /lit/ and discuss your philosophy there, just like you can still discuss history on /int/ /pol/ and /tg/. What are they going to do? Ban you?
>>
I'm really enjoying this board so far i could care less if people are "racist" as well i get more annoyed when someone says /pol/ to people who have nationalistic opinions.
>>
>>77948
Whoops, fucked up there.

>>>/pol/54917127
>>
Realistically I love the fact that there are no flags, and have actual meaning behind that. I am an american and have loved history since a little child, but since quite a few american posters say retarded things I (a general lurker) will get battered with

>american education

even if my points are sound. Also, poo in the loo, sweden yes and anything to do with israel are beyond beaten to death on /int/.
>>
>>76970
pls no
>>
>>77973
Epik memes were never used in actual history discussions on /int/ and /pol/.

Believe it or not, but they actually consist of mature userbase mostly. You need to posess some sort of intellect to post on 4chan if English isn't your native language.
>>
File: 1438037087553.jpg (428 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1438037087553.jpg
428 KB, 900x900
>>77855
>muh oppressed countries
ever country on /pol/ and /int/ gets shit at certain times.
>new Canadian PM
WEED LMAO

>another shooting in the states
HAHA AMERIFAT BTFO

>Sweden does something embarrassing again
SWEDEN YES!

>India shits on the street again
POO IN LOO

>russia does something russian
RUSSIA A SHIT

>greece is STILL in debt
PAY DEBT

Don't be a retard, everyone gets shit with the flag system.
>>
>>77878
>Again, hardly. I'm asking for a board where discussion and debate go along with a bit of fucking decency, not a God damn place where everyone is fucking uptight. If you don't like what you see, hide it. Thats an option newfag
I know for certain you are new because you would know how cancerous /pol/ has become since Moot added the flags. Sure the JIDF spam is gone (not even completely) but now it is just replaced with even more country flag memes which leaves people unable to discuss politics because they just get meme replies.

>This is your logic, mind the caps.
I am speaking about averages.
>>
>>78074
>ever country on /pol/ and /int/ gets shit at certain times.
Which is why it is shit. It is just le epic flag memes rather than discussion. It is cancer that belongs on /int/, not on /his/. If you want that then go to the board which is made for it.
>>
>>78091
Unable to discuss politics? Are you mentally ill or just stupid.

Politics are discussed there everyday, I won't lie that the board has had its shit times. I.e /pol/ harbour, but I've found the board to be very decent. You stating the entire board is memes, and only memes is completely out of place.
>>
File: 1431442784378.jpg (77 KB, 592x794) Image search: [Google]
1431442784378.jpg
77 KB, 592x794
>>78113
>he thinks the majority spam flag memes
as >>78045 mentions a good number of the posters on /pol/ and /int/ are pretty intelligent and mature. Plus some flag bantz is never bad.
>>
>>77324
For you anon.
I do it for you.
>>
>>78146
>Unable to discuss politics?
Yes. Go choose one of the meme flags with a proxy and see how the replies go when you post a serious comment.

>>78185
You missed the beginning of this board when we had flags then from the sounds of it. It was nothing but meme shitposting.
>>
>>78214
I know you did senpai, I'm always with you.

>>78217
>proxy

Alrighty, now you just sound silly
>>
>>78074
>>78113
See >>77764
You don't need flags to attack other posters because of their nationality.

>Ottoman Empire was great
>Fuck off, T*rkish cockroach

>Teutonic Order was shit
>Butthurt Pole detected

>Spanish conquest was beneficial for South America
>Pedro, pls

The quality of discussion doesn't depend on flags. It depend on posters.
So we can have either have mature discussion based on nationality, or shitposting and namecalling. The flags don't matter at all.
>>
>>78217
that's the beginning of every board my new friend.
>>
>>78254
Flags invite the shitposters in. You make the job easier for them.

>>78282
That is the way it would always be if it were up to you my new friend.
>>
>>78254
*mature discussion based on fats, I've meant.
>>
File: 1441746175207.jpg (18 KB, 184x211) Image search: [Google]
1441746175207.jpg
18 KB, 184x211
>>78298
>he has never seen the first post on /fk/
kek
>>
>>78301
*facts goddammit.

>>78298
>Flags invite the shitposters in
Bullshit, shitposters don't need any excuse to shitpost.
>>
>>78146
>but I've found the board to be very decent
>pol
>decent
fucking retard.
>>
>>78335
>Bullshit, shitposters don't need any excuse to shitpost.
Yes, but when everyone has an individual easily-identifiable trait which can easily be attacked that just becomes so much easier, does it not? It is very easy to derail by starting country "banter".
>>
flags contribute nothing to a board, please don't add them
>>
File: 1442157488725.png (238 KB, 583x520) Image search: [Google]
1442157488725.png
238 KB, 583x520
>>75102
This
I love you /his/
>>
File: 1315688054035.jpg (8 KB, 208x210) Image search: [Google]
1315688054035.jpg
8 KB, 208x210
>>78344
you guys always say that without any proof. 20 bucks on the fact that you've probably never browsed /pol/. Your view are bias my friend. If you disagree with the fact that many find /pol/ a decent place for good politics discussion than go ahead and prove them wrong.
>>
>>78464
Most of the people who browse /pol/ are political illiterates so that is not surprising.
>>
>>75712
>Letting people ruin it
Not on my watch
This must be the new /a/

>>76970
Didn't you see the shitflinging when flags were active?
>>
>>78397
Look, we already went through all of the /pol/ 2.0 boogeyman, just to be proven completly false.

Sure there were some Holocaust bait threads and so on, but they were all quickly deleted, just like some posts referring to Turks as cockroaches I remember.
So why would it be any different in case of flags?
>>
>>78493
This is what I found. They just spam meme politics at you. It's very difficult to engage in meaningful conversation unless it's "a happening" in which per-formulated opinions to regurgitate have not been yet fully formed.
>>
>>75102
/his/ threads were some of the best parts of rts threads and visiting /tg/. And now I get less Quest threads and shitposting.
>>
>>78495
>Didn't you see the shitflinging when flags were active?
See >>77869
>>
File: 1445993646220.jpg (17 KB, 407x379) Image search: [Google]
1445993646220.jpg
17 KB, 407x379
>>78493
They're more intelligent than most of 4chan anyways, even if we don't count /b/ in. At least they base their political and social views on solid facts, and not mere assumptions.
>>
>>78597
I mean in actual discussion
Sure that may have taken a part of it, but all serious discussion ended up with a comment on how the poster's country was bad

I myself couldn't muster to be friendly with a certain country, while with flags off I'm pretty sure I had a civil conversation with the guy
You also feel like you're representing your flag's reputation

Flags would be super useful, 50% of the time you can see which opinions come from which countries and make sense of the situation, and I admit there also was pretty civil conversation even with flags on most of the time, but I think everyone should just concentrate on the conversation instead of taking countries into account
>>
>>78728
this
>>
>>76643
Same here. Loving this place.
Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.