[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do modern blacks feel a connection with Egypt and not any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (373 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
373 KB, 1024x1024
Why do modern blacks feel a connection with Egypt and not any of the civilizations they're likely to have some sort of blood tie to?

Is it simply because modern Western education only discusses Africa in terms of Ancient Egypt and then skips straight European colonialization? Could Afrocentrist WE WUZ bullshit be skipped if Songhai, Mali, Ghana, and Mutapa all received the same attention that European and Asian nations receive in public education?
>>
>>750804

>Why do modern blacks feel a connection with Egypt

Maybe you should take a break from 4chan and step outside for a bit.
>>
>>750804
They don't. The blacks who claim that are as common as Nordicists, the white version of that thing. They're just loud.
>>
Why do modern anglos feel a connection to Rome and Greece and not any civilizations they're likely to have some sort of blood tie too?
>>
File: 1455845581630.jpg (147 KB, 800x454) Image search: [Google]
1455845581630.jpg
147 KB, 800x454
>>750804
>Could Afrocentrist WE WUZ bullshit be skipped if Songhai, Mali, Ghana, and Mutapa all received the same attention
Yes but then there would actually have to be real research done backed by real funding to to have any real content of scholarly merit but that isn't going to happen and perhaps it's for the best. Somebody's toes would get stepped on and there would be massive butthurt on either some nigg's part or shine yt's part. Nobody wants to go down that rabbit hole. It's a shame really
>>
>>750811

Because claims of Roman authenticity span European history and act as reason for lordly legitimacy alongside the will of God, and because many Western nations either want to inherit the Roman legacy or imitate them (like America does).
>>
>>750804

Same reason white people like ancient nordic culture, it's fucking awesome and tangentially related to us.
>>
>>750855

I don't like Nordic culture because retarded skinheads and manchildren who can't form thoughts beyond VIKINGS WERE BADASS DUDE are the entirety of the people who care about the subject.
>>
>>750867

>not liking something because of its fans

m8
>>
We don't.

Afrocentrists are to black people what "neopagans" and "le aryan nordic master race" activists are to white people
>>
>>750867
That's the same reason why I don't care for Egyptian history.
>hurt we wuz kingz n she it
>da Greeks stole evrythang from us
>muh chariots and pyramids superior engineering
>>
File: 1455593081891.png (349 KB, 557x602) Image search: [Google]
1455593081891.png
349 KB, 557x602
>>750811
>mfw literally descendant of the Valeria

Probably because I do.
>>
>>750886
>2500 years of existence before Ptolemy
>varied and interesting mythology
>being on the cutting edge of technology for most of the Bronze Age

You have shit taste.
>>
>>750811

>blood ties to rome and scotland

feels good man
>>
they actually don't though
>>
>>750811
That's where you're wrong. Odds are if you live in Western Europe, then you're descended from Charlemagne and Charlemagne was descended from Julia, the sister of Julius Caesar.
>>
>>750872
Eh. While "Hoteps" are made fun of regularly and with great relish I feel the focus of Ancient Egypt is one of the vestiges in Pan-Africanism and the rejection of eurocentric ideologies that attempt to break down indigenous African development for what I call "Magic Arab" theories.

So while many learned black folks will say "we don't come from Egypt" a following remark may likely be "but they are African/would be perceived as black" (within American contexts of course) which really isn't that far off if you consider our perceiving Maya Rudolph as a black person.

I would like to state though that all Africans by now share ancestry of the various Aqualithic populations that would later develop into the Nile Riverine populations and that there is a clear interrelation between all African groups. North African and Sub-Saharan African is kind of a shit binary.

Also I want to say the idea that there was an Egyptian influence in West Africa isn't so far fetched given the foundation of Sahelian civilization atleast in part via southern Libya/northern Chad.
>>
>>750804
because people deny the fact that Egypt at one time was actually African and not a Arab Muslim country like it is today

its like if the Germans captured Rome and claimed it was always German

why do African Americans care?

because racist claim that it was the only thing good built in Africa and because of that it could never be built by black people

>Could the WE WUZ bullshit be skipped if Songhai, Mali, Ghana, and Mutapa all received the same attention that European and Asian nations receive in public education?

it would be better for us all if we could talk about African nations and kingdoms without all the bullshit
>>
>>752172
Dude the Arabs could NEVER have replaced the Egyptians
The Egyptians(along with the rest of the Middle East) were culturally Arabised, Not fucking Genocided and replaced by Arab
>>
>>752172
Good thing the Egyptians left plenty of mummies for us to test genetically.

Turns out modern Egyptians are basically the exact same people.
>>
>>752198
Genetic tests done so far are mostly haplogroups and not autosomal. I'd also argue that the existing autosomal tests are quite old in as much as they use only Yoruba as the "African" sample not recognizing North African, Ethio-Somali and Nilo-Saharan populations while interrelated are sound groupings that better show the various shades of African biodiversity.

Also while modern Egyptians and ancient Egyptians may be "the same" I'd question the notion of sameness given our understanding of the Nile as a climax population. Was there a population boom of lower Egyptians migrating south? Was there a migration of upper Egyptians into Nubia? Were there epidemics that effect different portions of the river?

What are the variables basically. Not the anon your responded to though.
>>
>>752198
Wow! Mummies confirmed for modern hoaxes.
>>
>>752192
The Muslim conquest happened and they took control of north Africa
>>752198
genetic test are suspect due to Zahi Hawass involvement
>>
>>750842
>>752081
Literally We Wuz Kings argument.
>>
>>752172
What do you mean by African? Are you saying those tan berber are not African?
>>
>>752198
But Pharaoh was black though
>>
>>752212
Clinal not climax
>>
>>752233

what i meant was the muslim conquest change what north Africa looked like you still have black people in north Africa but they are the minority and are usually treated differently

that is one of the reasons why Gaddafi was hated because he cared about black people in and the first thing that happened after his death was ethnic cleansing of black libyans
>>
>>750867
But that's not true at all, you just spend way too much time on the fucking internet. Like anyone who cares about Scandinavian history is a white supremacist. Pffft.
>>
>>752281
Nigga idk who lied to you but Gaddafi was a fucking asshole to Tebu/Teda by claiming they were Chadian squatters and had been pushing Tuareg against them for decades even though the two share genetics and culture.

There is just now a ceasefire. Though in truth Non-Libyan blacks are getting attacked in droves.
>>
>>750804
>modern blacks
I sure as fuck don't but to be fair my mom's side of the family is from the opposite end of the continent. It's not like many people even care about the WE WUZ stuff outside of the internet anyway.
>>
File: Aelfred the Great.jpg (93 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
Aelfred the Great.jpg
93 KB, 768x1024
>>750811
>implying I don't feel a connection to literal Anglo civilization
>implying we wasn't kings
>>
>>750804
>if Songhai, Mali, Ghana, and Mutapa all received the same attention that European and Asian nations receive in public education?
It would probably be the same result. "Our ancestors built empires, we weren't always slaves or hunters-gatherers" is the valid point they're trying to get across. Egypt is just the classic pitfall because it's virtually the only mainstream civilization that happens to be in Africa.
>>
>>752220
>The Muslim conquest happened and they took control of north Africa
So did everyone.
Besides, there weren't that many arabs and turks that came to Egypt.
But if you want to take groups that weren't influenced by them genetically, take the copts, for example. Pretty much the same swarthy middle easterners looking fellows.
>>
>>752154

I'm from Sweden and how the FUCK can you consider her black?
>>
File: Improved version.jpg (406 KB, 596x838) Image search: [Google]
Improved version.jpg
406 KB, 596x838
>>752993
She probably just reminds you of your wife's daughter.
>>
>>752993
Facial features, i guess.
Also, american ethnicity is a pretty self-declared thing, so given that all americans, especially blacks, are actually mixed to an extent, you get weird outliners like this.
>>
This has been discussed already.

This particular brand of historical revisionism is limited to African Americans and the main reasoning for this is their lack of cultural identity. African Americans don't have a distant past they can be proud of unlike Europeans, Asians, and Native Americans.

They don't know the tribes they came from beyond anything except "West Africa", they dont know their cultures or history, and they don't have any sort of unifying cultural identity other than being enslaved and appropriating white culture.

Because of this, there is a movement to revise history to give themselves some kind of past beyond that. Unfortunately it's done with zero understanding of history or anthropology and in fact is quite ignorant.

But this isn't the first time this has been done nor is it a recent phenomena. I'd recommend reading Malcolm X's works for more on the issue of African American identity issues.
>>
>>753615
>they don't have any sort of unifying cultural identity other than being enslaved and appropriating white culture.

the fuck r you talking aout
>>
>>752212
So you are telling me we got no idea about if something happened to the genetic makeup of the region?
>>
>>752220
>The Muslim conquest happened and they took control of north Africa
Okay anon now please give me estimates of how many people could Arab peninsula host in the days of Muslim conquest, look at the map too see how large the area they've conquered was and tell me, with a straight face that they were serious genetic influx to the ethnically-black Egyptians. Serious to the point where it turned them into literally arabs.

Seriously, the fact that euphemism for black people is african-american literally made people retarded because now people think whole Africa was black.
>>
File: 1456504617791.png (98 KB, 1270x1136) Image search: [Google]
1456504617791.png
98 KB, 1270x1136
>>
>all this intellectually dressed-up /pol/ tier horse shit

Goddamnit.
>>
>>752993
She's black to me, half my family has looked like her for aboutbtwo centuries looking at paintings and photographs.

Black isn't just the Lupitas of the world, blackness is as much genetic as it is cultural and political.
>>
>>752993
America has the One-Drop Rule ingrained into its culture. Brazil has the opposite and she'd be considered white there.
>>
>>750811
>tfw of British and Germanic descent
Get BTFO Romaboos
>>
>>754243
Might be a really stupid question but what does the "t." Stand for?
>>
>>750804
>any of the civilizations they're likely to have some sort of blood tie to?
Because those don't exist or are quite literally America.
>>
>>754612
It stands for "terveisin," which is the Finnish equivalent of "sincerely," or "yours truly."
>>
>>750807
Lmao
>>
>>754660
Thank you!
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.