[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you enjoy Kingdom of Heaven? How historically accurate it was?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
File: Kingdon_of_Heaven.png (2 MB, 1382x818) Image search: [Google]
Kingdon_of_Heaven.png
2 MB, 1382x818
Did you enjoy Kingdom of Heaven?

How historically accurate it was?
>>
>those shitty CGI horses in the background
>>
What is Jerusalem worth?
>>
I kind of enjoyed it, but no it wasn't very historically accurate, especially in how it made all the characters modern day atheist cynics, which doesn't fit that time at all.
>>
>Did you enjoy Kingdom of Heaven?
the DIrector's Cut is in my top 10 all time

>How historically accurate it was?
not very, although probably more than the average Hollywood movie
>>
File: kingdomofheaven.png (63 KB, 769x494) Image search: [Google]
kingdomofheaven.png
63 KB, 769x494
>>74709
I liked it.

Not very.
>>
>>74844
>especially in how it made all the characters modern day atheist cynics
Yeah, this triggered me as well.
Also
>muh Catholic Church consists of evil hypocrites meme
>>
Directors cut is much better than the standard film and probably one of my favourite films. I dont think it's very accurate though, but i dont know much about that period.
>>
>>74709
Not accurate but still a very good film.
>>
Not very. I can give them credit that they're wearing the right armor for the most part, but fuck when is Hollywood going to realize you can't cut through that stuff? Unless somebody judo flips a Knight or heavily armored Saracen onto the ground and stabs them in the face, those fights would go on for a while.
>>
I think I'd have enjoyed it more if it had less romance and used that time for more neutral political intrigue, maybe even more screen time for the Saracens.

All the best characters didn't get enough screen time. I think a movie about Liam Neeson and Bloom with their motley band from the beginning of the movie would have been neat. Or maybe a buddy-cop sort of thing with Bloom and Siddiq playing dual protags trying in vain to use their personal friendship to stop an inevitable war.

No, it wasn't historically accurate, but damn it looks so good.
>>
>>75045
I think they gave the Saracens armor that was a century or two too advanced for the era, but it did look amazing.
>>
File: Templar_master.jpg (8 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Templar_master.jpg
8 KB, 400x300
>>74709
Not very accurate but plenty of memeic dialogue I had fun watching it.
also GOD WILLS IT!
>>
File: 1407032444985.jpg (40 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1407032444985.jpg
40 KB, 500x333
>>74873
>That pic
>>
>>75175
>No prequel movie about Liam Neeson and his jolly company
>No sequel about Iain Glen and his fights against Saladin
>>
File: 1378493552468.png (12 KB, 560x407) Image search: [Google]
1378493552468.png
12 KB, 560x407
>>74709
>Did you enjoy Kingdom of Heaven
Yes.

>How historically accurate it was?
It was modern. Every christian is a fanatic dumb, muslims did nothing wrong, and every intelligent character is an "hidden atheist".

If i search for "fantasy" crusades I prefer re-read the "gerusalemme liberata" by Tasso.
Also, thread music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvJRyY2-bwY
>>
great aesthetics - 300 tier historical accuracy

if you want a breakdown of just how bad it is there is a series on it in the RealCrusadesHistory channel on YouTube (pretty good /his/ channel desu)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealCrusadeHistory/videos
>>
>>74709
anachronisms and >>74844
>how it made all the characters modern day atheist cynics
trigger my autism, but I enjoyed it anyway. How could I not, I love the whole look of the time eriod and seeing it really is nice
>>
File: 1361473978340.jpg (95 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1361473978340.jpg
95 KB, 500x600
>>75204
>>
The ending is trash and completely ruins everything good built up before it
>>
I like any movie that has Jeremy Irons in.
>>
>>74839
I AM A BLACK SMITH
>>
>>74709
Most of the movie is centered around the the Battle of Hattin, and follows Balian of Ibelin.

I can't speak for historical accuracy, but I didn't notice anything glaring besides the characters and ideology revised to meet modern expectations.

Most of the movie is a 3-hour long version of the battle of Helm's Deep
>>
>>75460
>Every christian is a fanatic dumb
no they're not. There's like 2 bad Christians in the entire movie
>>
>>76219
what movie have you watched?
In my, even baldwin were atheist.
>>
>>77124
the only bad Christians are Guy and Reynald

I don't know what you mean by "atheist"
>>
>>74709
I enjoyed that it had a fucking budget and people working in the costume department that gave a fuck. Even background extra knights who where so far back they where fuzzy blurs had accurate armour. Everyone but Legolas was tops in the acting department and the movie would have been a lot better if it was just about Neeson's group fucking shit up.
>>
>>77150
GOD WILLS IT.
C'mon m8. It was biased as fuck towards Muslims and Atheists. Besides from that I enjoy watching the movie.
>>
>>74709
It was fairly accurate, aside from completely changing the character of Balian to make him a young man raised as a peasant, when the real Balian was more like the character of his father in the movie.
>>
Since we're talking about historical movies, same questions for 300?
>>
>>78266
I enjoyed 300 as the stupid action spectacle it is

but it's pretty much 100% wrong on everything
>>
>>78266
Most Iconic scene never happens, as Persia skipped Athens and Sparta when sending delegates
>>
>hollywood (actually just the majority of film in general)
>historical accuracy

Do you even need to ask?
>>
>>77750
God was literally a character in the movie, Anon.

Also
>"If God does not love you, how could you have done all that you have?"
>>
File: 3.png (4 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
3.png
4 KB, 450x450
>>74873
>pic

pretty funny. Greentext is highbrow humor.
>>
>>74845
This.

Theatrical release was garbage. Directors cut was excellent. Overture, Intermission, Entr'acte.
>>
One of my professors wrote a scathing review of it an historical journal. Don't remember exactly where but his name is Paul Crawford if you want to look around
>>
>>77852
>It was fairly accurate
Excluding the characters and their affiliations?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.