[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
R8 My Theory Eroticism and violence are objectively the same
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: EV_SPECTRUM.png (7 KB, 960x225) Image search: [Google]
EV_SPECTRUM.png
7 KB, 960x225
R8 My Theory

Eroticism and violence are objectively the same but subjectively different
Pure Violence: Exclusive
>Lion is hungry, lion is aware and intends to eat the gazelle which is unaware of the lions hunger or intention, lion kills gazelle.
>Anxiety caused by: aversion of own death
>Win condition: Relieve anxiety through death of other
Pure Eroticism: Inclusive
>Person A has desire to have sex with person B, Person B has desire to have sex with person A, Persons A and B have sex.
>Anxiety caused by: want for sex
>Win condition: Relieve anxiety through Orgasm
In both cases anxiety is caused by homeostasis (visceral needs) or perceived obstruction of freedom (conflicting interest).
Resolution of anxiety by attaining visceral needs
Homeostasis
>Killing secures means of survival (saftey, resources) therefore violence seeks to maintain homeostasis
>Sex is a visceral need (theoretically), therefore eroticism seeks to maintain homeostasis
>>
However Eroticism and Violence do not manifest themselves in the absolutely pure form for the most part. Because of this there arises conflicting interest when relieving anxiety for one subject causes anxiety for another. This is the obstruction of freedom.
Mitigated Violence: responsive violence
>When the gazelle becomes aware of the lion's intentions it can either fight back or flee, seeking to relieve anxiety in the same way the lion seeks to relieve anxiety
Aggravated Eroticism: Single aggressor
>If person A wants to have sex with person B but person B does not, than person A has anxiety which they intend to relieve but person B does not have this anxiety (or has it to a lesser extent). This restricts Person A's ability to relieve anxiety, and any attempt person A makes to relieve this anxiety will cause anxiety to person B.
When Violence or Eroticism move beyond their functional forms they become 'emotional behaviours'. These behaviours seek to fulfill the subjective want opposed to the objective need.
Aggravated Violence: unnecessary violence
>No (less) visceral anxiety, goal is to kill (although other benefits may result).
Mitigated Eroticism: altruistic relationships
>No (less) visceral anxiety, goal is not sex (although sex may be present)
The difference between all these things are based in subjectivity
Things that are subjectively 'right' (far left/right of spectrum) relieve anxiety or satisfy needs. Things that are subjectively 'wrong' (center of the spectrum) increase anxiety and either fail to satisfy needs or create new needs.
Subjective appraisal of 'right' or 'wrong' will increase or decrease general anxiety
>>
Far Left (dealing with 'I' vs 'Them')
>Say you are a hunter and a deer has been eating the flowers from your front lawn, if you were to kill this deer it would be 'aggravated violence'. I propose that one would be caused less anxiety by eating the meat of this troublesome deer than they would be caused by eating beef from a cow who's reason for dying was to satisfy hunger (pure violence). And you would feel the greatest anxiety from eating another human, if you were aware of the extent their aversion to death (mitigated violence).
- Note: the "humanness" of meat is not the defining factor. If you truly wanted to kill another person I propose you would not be caused great anxiety by additionally eating them, and you would feel great distress if you were to eat your family dog simply because you were hungry and had no other food available.
Far Right (dealing with 'I' and 'Them')
>Despite what Freud has to say about subconscious sexuality, many men and women find that (if they have a 'healthy' relationship) their relationship with their opposite sex parent is 'ideal' (an example of mitigated eroticism). The reason you love your mother or father is not because you want to have sex with them, but instead because the relationship relieves anxiety through communication, acceptance, and other social desires. A sexual partner like a spouse will also reduce anxiety (also mitigated eroticism), however a relationship that exists only for sex and lacks the wide array of social desires would do much less to reduce anxiety (Pure eroticism). These are followed by behaviours such as stalking or rape (aggravated eroticism), which cause great anxiety for the non-consenting party , while doing little to reduce the anxiety of the aggressor and quite possibly creating new sources of anxiety.
- Note: I am using consent loosely to define shared interest
>>
The Center (Heterostasis)
>The center point is the point of the greatest anxiety. This is caused by the switch between the exclusive and inclusive nature of goals on the opposing ends.
Exclusive goals are most attainable if free will is exercised only by the individual
>If we respect the desires of the cow, and promote or even aid the cow in exercising its free will the dairy and beef industries would fall apart.
Inclusive goals are most attainable if interest is shared by all stakeholders
>Everyone wants to have friends. If were to incarcerate your 'friends' they would be more readily available to you, but less inclined/likely to supply you with the social desires that lead to us wanting friends in the first place.
To reduce anxiety, one should deviate from the center as much as possible
>Rape is less pleasurable than platonic friendship
>Killing your enemies is more satisfying than fighting off an attacker
>>
File: 1440243853660.png (52 KB, 700x419) Image search: [Google]
1440243853660.png
52 KB, 700x419
/pol/ are politicians
/lit/ are psychologists
/his/ are philosophers
>>
>>935276
Going to go ahead and say I consider the human condition as falling under 'the humanities'
>>
>>935249
This is essentially pre-war Japanese Eroguro beliefs. Stale/10
>>
>>935362
First time I've ever heard about eroguro so I'm accepting this as validation + I learned something new, thanks anon.

I did some preliminary research and I think there are some important distinctions here.

Eroguro seems to claim erotic and grotesque things share an amoral quality and are some how products of preversion, whereas I'm claiming violence and the erotic are caused naturally and share a moral quality in terms of pursuit of interest.
>>
>>935405
Very interesting so basically primal/instinctual vs. Responsible citizen
>>
>>936539
It seems weird to me those two things are mutually exclusive. Providing free will exists it would be there equally for primal vs civilized person's.

Basically we live through different situations but make decisions the same way.

Idrk desu senpai
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.