[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8
File: 1456122023943.jpg (803 KB, 1600x1173) Image search: [Google]
1456122023943.jpg
803 KB, 1600x1173
What went wrong?
>>
>>731942
It didn't integrate with the Norddeutscher Bund to become Gross Deutschland
>>
>>731942
it didn't go full Republican Federalist Constitutional Monarchy when Nationalism began rising.
>>
File: image.jpg (201 KB, 700x612) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
201 KB, 700x612
>>
File: Prinz Eugen.jpg (164 KB, 320x400) Image search: [Google]
Prinz Eugen.jpg
164 KB, 320x400
>>732074

t. buttmad turk
>>
>>731942
I would like to go on a long rant but I will put down to four core causes

> Franz Joseph, honestly was a walking relic and lived way past being useful

> Rise of nations- self explanatory groups began to feel more loyalty to there nations than there government

> The Rise of Prussia made sure that there was no chance the poorer parts of the nation could be propagated by richer German Lands.

> Hungarians- basically they tried to eat the country up from the inside; it actually makes me laugh when it wound blowing in their faces so fucking hard.
>>
>>732060
>republican
Sorry that wasn't part of the plan.
>>
The problem was the moronic slavs assassinating the heir and starting WW1, when the heir was just about to give in to all their demands of a pan-slavic state as soon as he seceeded.

The country was actually very stable and wouldn't have collapsed if it hadn't been fucked over by the war.
>>
>>732191
>seceeded
I meant succeeded
>>
>>732191
Dingus you realize the last thing any Serb nationalist wanted was Austria Hungary stabilizing, they wanted it to fall apart.
>>
>>731942
Perfidious Albion
>>
>>732198
And now look at the mighty Serbian empire.

They fucked up Austria-Hungary and Panslavism for everyone.
>>
>>732220
Not saying that they didn't but to say that a panslavist messed up by causing the destruction of the Austro-Hungarian empire and the formation of a pan slavist state is kinda weird.
>>
>>732191
The problem are people like you who never actually bother to read up on a subject, but just start believing in the first argument they hear that suits their ignorant views.
Ferdinand was supporting the idea of giving Slavs the same rights as the Austrians and Hungarians enjoyed, a sort of a triumvirate of those 3 people, but noone other than the Slavs supported that. So if he became Emperor he still wouldn't have the support to pass such a law, he may even succeed in passing the law, being the Eperor and all, but if 2/3rds of your empire opposes it you are in even bigger trouble. It would have eventually started a civil war and the outcome would have been more or less the same.
Give Slavs equall rights = Hungarians and Austrians hate you
Continue oppressing Slavs = Sarajevo Bugaloo
>>
>>732277
The Austrians were not nearly as bad as the Hungarians with these things they did try and expand the rights of those in their domains
>>
>>731942
Inbreeding
>>
>>732285
Hungarians wanted control of Croatia and Slovakia due to historic and demographic reasons. If there was a panslavic state, a significant amount of their population and land claims would be lost.

But other than that, the Slavic parts of the empire were sort of a white elephant that neither Austria nor Hungary wanted to administrate.

Most likely, the Panslavic State would have been led by Czechia.
>>
>>732277
See
>>733372

If you weren't an idiot, and if you actually knew what you were talking about, you would know that the Slavic parts caused trouble for the administration and shifted voting patterns. The entire region of Bosnia was rejectes by both Austria and Hungary and had to be administrated by the Finance ministry because neither state even wanted so many slavs in their borders.
>>
>>732074
I don't get how Austria is so triggering to so many people to this day.
>>
>>733387
Butthurt Serbs started WW2 and got mad when it didn't go well for them.
>>
>>733389
>Butthurt Serbs started WW2 and got mad when it didn't go well for them

I'm no expert, but I'm sure this isn't how WW2 went on lad.
>>
>>733380
Then why did they annex them in 1907 (is that the right year)
>>
>>733396
Obviously I meant WW1.
>>
>>733399
As a military buffer against the Ottoman Empire.

Cmon man, do you even read?
>>
>>733405
Shut the fuck up even with young turks nobody was worried about turkey taking its land. Austria anexxed it to prop the prestige of a failing dynasty
>>
File: europe19081007.png (70 KB, 900x589) Image search: [Google]
europe19081007.png
70 KB, 900x589
>>733417
Europe 1908.

Austria-Hungary and Ottomans were enemies for literally hundreds of years.
>>
>>733435
True but by this time the ottomans were even worse off than the Austrians if they ever got out of hound Russia would rip them in two, and yes I realise I am simplifying it but at its core the anexation was political not military decision
>>
>>731942
They could not handle the banter.
>>
>>733448
They joined in WW1, so obviously they weren't completely harmless. They still had substantial military capability and Russia was hostile to AH too and not just Ottoman Empire.
>>
>>733481
True but not on the same level
>>
>>733400
I think Willy and his sperging out caused WW1 way more than the Serbs. Or the Austrians for that matter.
>>
Fagermaniggers as always
>>
>>731942
Let's get this shit started

>habsburgs
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 484x304) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 484x304
>late industrialisation
>clumsy military
>no colonies
>poor decision-making
What a shame, though. It had such a developed, rich, influential and beautiful culture.
>>
>>733607
And you're wrong
>>
>>733607
No
>>
>>731942
Nationalism
>>
File: prove it russia.png (37 KB, 944x948) Image search: [Google]
prove it russia.png
37 KB, 944x948
>>733749
>>734459
Prove it

>>733734
Built on the back of millions of serfs. Fuck that
>>
Hap-spergs literally never advancing past the 18th Century. Perhaps had they had a ruling family that wasn't completely full of inbred and retarded stone age relics, they could have survived well past WWI, perhaps in a different incarnation.

That and a bunch of buttmad slavs wanting their very failed state.
>>
>>732191
#NotAllSlavs

An Austrian Empire with Czechia, Slovenia, and all the Italian territories would have been GOAT
>>
File: Międzymorze-692x360.jpg (53 KB, 692x360) Image search: [Google]
Międzymorze-692x360.jpg
53 KB, 692x360
>>732229
>>732220
Sadly Pan-Slavism was more of a Russian plot to extend their control/influence into Central/Southeast Europe, kind of like a proto-Soviet Empire

A more equitable Pan-Slavism would be Pilsudski's Międzymorze (even though it did include non-Slavic nations)
>>
>>735252
Pilsudski was a delusional loon 2bh.
>>
It was ruled by Habsburgs in post-Napoleonic Wars Europe
>>
>>733734

Did Austria really needed colonies though? Just like Germany, the "Place in the Sun" motto seems so, well, bland.
>>
>>734521
>Built on the back of millions of serfs. Fuck that
You mean the Bosnians? Those were the only serfs, and they hardly build AH. They were a shitty undeveloped region who were serfs under the Ottoman Empire, and when AH annexed it, the Muslim landowners still held immense power. AH's monarchy wanted to reform land ownership in Bosnia.

Once again, a moronic slav who doesn't realize just how much AH could have done for the Balkans.
>>
they started oppressing the romanians and it all fell apart
>>
>>734478

This. Dynastic empires did not belong to the 20th century.
>>
>>732074
That's not Austria, you nincompoop.
>>
>>731942
So, Slovenians and Slovaks were considered separate Slavic groups, but Croats and Serbs were considered one and the same.

I don't get it, when did we start to see each other as irredeemably foreign ?
>>
>>731942
same thing with yugoslavia.
>>
>>733734
it was pretty disgusting m8, it was multi culti filth.
>>
>>737654
It wasn't really. All ethnicities lived on their own lands.
>>
Why Austira Hungary didnt send back the serbs and the romanians to their original country?Are they retards?
>>
>>731942
Bosnia.
>>
>>731942
It didn't federalize.
>>
>>738471
Well except for Vienna, which had a large influx from all over the Empire. Just open a Viennese phone book, the amount of Mladeks, Horvaths and names ending with "-itsch" is staggering.
>>
>>737654
There was no multi culti in Austria-Hungary as per modern definitions.
>>
>>731942
There were a number of different ethnic groups in the area that wanted independence, specifically in the east. This was one of the reasons the Austro-Hungarian Empire was formed, to distribute tyhe power to the second largest ethnic group. Also due to the fact that the Austro-Hungarian government was predominantly Austrian dominant, which of course caused problems.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.