[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-p ope-capitalpunishment-id
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 11
File: Pope Francis.jpg (82 KB, 970x1260) Image search: [Google]
Pope Francis.jpg
82 KB, 970x1260
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-pope-capitalpunishment-idUSKCN0VU0GH?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&utm_source=twitter

Do you agree with the pope, /his/?
>>
I think he is right, but I also think he is just sticking to fights that will please liberals. For instance, while he opposes abortion, he will never be this vocal about it.
>>
>>731818
Eh. I think he is picking something he knows he can accomplish. If it succeeds, I don't see why he can't go for the same with Abortion.

I would love nothing more than to see what world leaders support one and not the other.
>>
>>731842
>If it succeeds, I don't see why he can't go for the same with Abortion.
Uh, no. Liberals are working, successfully, to abolish the death penalty nation by nation in the West. They're also working to unrestrict abortion, and doing that successfully. The Pope supporting them on the former and it continuing to work, doesn't meant the same would happen with the later, and I doubt he'd even attempt it.
>>
>>731880
See when you just say "these people are doing this" with no proof added you look like a jackass.
>>
>>731818
>I also think that he is just sticking to fights that will please liberals.

Well, I'm personally glad that the Pope is very pleasing to my sensibilities, I don't know about the rest of the lib-rul hivemind.
>>
>>732130

Maybe if it was an extraordinary claim.

Everything he said is completely common knowledge. You're the one that looks like a jackass for demanding proof of non-controversial claims.
>>
I don't fucking care anymore. The Supreme Court made it clear they dictate societal norms through bloated unchecked power.

If they want to keep it or remove it who the fuck am I to resist them?
>>
>>732215
Fuck out of the country, you wog. We don't need more fuckers shitting on the constitution.
>>
>>733510
The constitution is a living document that can be updated to fit the times.
>>
well its been proven it doesn't work properly as a deterrent nor is it cost efficient
basically all it does is satisfy people's need for vengeance at the cost of sentencing innocent people to death, which honestly is not even remotely worth it.
>>
I support the pope on this, though probably not with the same fervor as other topics. I still get a rise out of seeing the guilty face ultimate punishment, even though it's wrong.

Capital punishment has been an enemy of popes for quite a while, along with other things that run contrary to life. Sometimes, people on both sides of the fence agree with each other.
>>
>>733510

Sounded like that guy was being more cynical than anything, not supportive of it. He's right, the Supreme Court is doing what they want now. And now that Obama is going out of his way to appoint anti-constitutional progressives, it's only going to get worse.

What's going to happen is going to happen.
>>
>>731810
I think he should mind his own business. Fucking marxist popstar wannabe faggot.
>>
>>732181
>broad political statement
>common knowledge

Ya, those liberals sure are doing things!
>>
>>731810
>Pope calls for worldwide abolition of death penalty

Pope confirmed as False Prophet

Exodus 21:12
“He who strikes a man so that he dies shall surely be put to death.

Exodus 21:15 “And he who strikes his father or his mother shall surely be put to death.

Exodus 21:16 “He who kidnaps a man and sells him, or if he is found in his hand, shall surely be put to death.

Exodus 21:17 “And he who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death.

Exodus 21:29 But if the ox tended to thrust with its horn in times past, and it has been made known to his owner, and he has not kept it confined, so that it has killed a man or a woman, the ox shall be stoned and its owner also shall be put to death.

Exodus 22:19 “Whoever lies with an animal shall surely be put to death.

Exodus 31:14 You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people.

Exodus 31:15 Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

Exodus 35:2 Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh day shall be a holy day for you, a Sabbath of rest to the Lord. Whoever does any work on it shall be put to death.
>>
>>732215
Under ideal circumstances, you would be an armed patriot.

That does not seem to be the case.

Baaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>734231
The pope isn't a prophet at all.
>>
>>734246

False Prophets are not prophets in deed or in fact, but they are indeed false prophets.

One World Government
One World Religion

If you can't see the pope working towards those ends, you have no light in you.
>>
>>734263
Every religion is working toward one world religion.
>>
File: 1418145859800.png (227 KB, 318x295) Image search: [Google]
1418145859800.png
227 KB, 318x295
>>734231
He's not a prophet, he's just a corrupt leftist shill.

>if you're not with the pope, the so called successor of peter, you're a heretic
>you only choice is to follow an atheist, marxist shill

Just more proof that Catholicism is flawed and Orthodoxy is the one true church.
>>
>>734275
Under the guidance of the pope, yes.

Just as John foretold, in 95 AD.
>>
>>734285

I haven't seen anything in Orthodoxy to persuade me that it is dissimilar from Roman Catholicism, but for geography and the number of popes regnant.
>>
>>734297
>no indulgences
>no novus ordo
>no homosexual sjw church leaders
>>
File: 1368755170352.png (218 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
1368755170352.png
218 KB, 500x378
>>734231
>Exodus
You realize he is Christian right?

>>734297
For fucks sake. Don't humor him. He comes into any religion thread and tries to convert literally everyone to Orthodoxy.
>>
>>734307
>For fucks sake. Don't humor him. He comes into any religion thread and tries to convert literally everyone to Orthodoxy.
Don't flatter yourself, you could go to a faggot parade and drown in cocks for all i care. I'm just laughing at you heterodox "christians".
>>
>>734306
All good things.

But irrelevant to being a source of salvation.
>>
>>731810

No, I think there are some instances where the death penalty is completely warranted. Multiple murderers who display no remorse and who are unquestionably guilty, for example.

Also the Pope is using "thou shalt not kill" to support his request despite "thou shalt not murder" being the more accurate translation.
>>
I don't care since there's no death penalty where i'm from but i think religious heads should just stay out of secular law and mind their own business. That goes for pope as well.
>>
>>734307
The pope? No, no he is not. He's a catholic, and a marxist.

I'm not an orthodox, and I don't care for their church much. Try to pay attention. If he thinks your becoming orthodox would save you from hell, you'd be right to pay attention.
>>
>>734306
>what are Absolution Certificates and the fact that indulgences are just doing good things or saying certain prayers, nether church commercializes them anymore
>lol, I don't like that they changed mass
>lol, /pol/ buzzwords and blatantly false attacks against their character

Come on. You're not even trying.

>>734321
You clearly do care, because all you do is shitpost.
>>
>>734346
And in case the Law given to Moses were not replete with crimes deserving death, Paul also admonishes people not to be criminals:

Romans 13
Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.

For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.
>>
>>734087
What do you mean "quite a while?" Ending the death penalty has only been the churches goal, for like, ten years.
>>
>>734349
The problem is, secular law crosses in to religious morals quite often. Catholicism has a moral imperative to prevent death, be it from executions or abortions, so it will often try to affect social change on those matters. What it does stay out of is economical decisions where there exists no clearly defined answer to the problems facing society.
>>
>>734231
That's Halacha and does not apply to non-jews
>>
>>734231
Why did we ever get rid of stoning
>>
>>734364
It's only this pope that wants to end it. John Paul II only wanted some nations to abolish it because the way it was implemented was unfair and targeted minorities and the poor. Pretty much all countries that regularly use the death penalty fall into that category, especially the US.

Civil authorities killing for the 'greater good' has been approved for a long time. As a Catholic, I think it should be limited only to cases where the crime threatens the stability or peace of the state, or reform is literally impossible. Or in Military Law, they can do their own thing.
>>
>>734382
Catholicism is just pandering to liberals and SJW's at this moment to make itself more likable to the media.
>>
How is this thread /his/?
>>
>>734407
>Better change our ideals, wouldn't want to ever seem like we agree with these degenerates.

A broken clock is right twice a day. It's not very often church agenda crosses over with the mainstream, so in the very rare instance it does, why not ride the wave to get something accomplished?

This would be like throwing a fit because the church is doing humanitarian work in Africa just because your ideological opponents support that too.
>>
>>734424
>This board is dedicated to the discussion of history and the other humanities such as philosophy, religion, law, classical artwork, archeology, anthropology, ancient languages, etc.
>religion

But i agree non-his discussions should be purged
>>
>>734437
Complaining because you don't agree with the Pope is not /his/, even if you include the humanities.
>>
>>734383
God gives laws to men.

Pope says those laws are wrong.

Not sure how you're missing the point.
>>
>>734407
Considering the Vatican under this pope has released statements stamping their foot down on Abortion, Contraceptives, and against Gay Marriage. I'm going to assume that you do the same thing those retards do, misread a quote by the pope, like when he said "Who am I to judge", didn't read the context (like that it was referring only to priests who abstain from sex totally), and draw a retarded conclusion.

Catholics since John Paul II have been pretty anti Death Penalty due to it's apparent lack of fairness and poor implementation in countries that use it.
>>
>>734387
I can't even imagine how difficult it would be to pick up rocks and huck them at people. Or to be the one getting rocks hucked at. Horrible way to die. Hanging is much better.
>>
>>734466
God gave those laws to the Jews (i.e. only those that are under the covenant) not all of mankind
>>
>>734466
Probably because most major Christian sects seem to think that they where separated from all the old Jewish laws based on New Testament interpretations.

>>734470
I would rather be shot. Death by firing squad seems preferable to me.
>>
>>734492

AND THE POPE SAYS THAT THEY ARE WRONG
>>
>>734445
OP here. This thread was not meant to be about complaining about the Popes decision. This was a thread meant to discuss the morality of the death penalty and wether or not Pope Francis's opinion corresponds with what the bible says. If you don't have anything to add to the conversation then why are you even posting?
>>
>>734349
I don't care what you think and would prefer to implement a theocracy
>>
>>734513
If life is sacred, then the wrongful taking of life must be punished by the maximum penalty available.

On this, as on all things, the pope is wrong.
>>
>>734555
You're right. Our society exists in a state where every man put to death has been done in a perfectly fair manner, and nobody has been wrongly put to death. It also isn't used disproportionately against those of lower economic standing.

Oh, it is though. If you think somehow Christ would be happy with unfair killings, then be my guest and take it in your own hands.
>>
>>734585

You speak as a fool who does not know that Jesus will judge the nations Himself, and has no need for your assistance.
>>
>>734597
That's an even better argument. Why try to strive to do as much good on earth as you can when you think like that. He'll judge the nations alright, but while we live we may as well do our best to keep the nations on a righteous path.
>>
>>734555
Life is sacred, and punishments are needed to deter those from taking lives. At the same time, man does not have the moral authority to decide when a life should be taken, which goes both ways.

Sometimes, taking life is inevitable, as in war or when defending other lives, which is regrettable. However, in the instance where the accused cannot cause further harm to society, we have no right to inflict capital punishment on them.
>>
>>731880
>Liberals are working

No, even conservative parties in europe are against death penalty.

Read conservative, not reactionary.
>>
>>731842
>I don't see why he can't go for the same with Abortion.

Because banning abortion harms millions of innocent women.
>>
>>734231
Wow, I'm sure you're the first person to notice that the ten commandments in 20 contradict the laws the next page over in 21, and nobody ever produced a lengthy tradition of scholarship on which set takes precedent
>>
>>734756
>murder and unborn baby
>innocent
>>
>>734756
No it doesn't
And anyone who gets one deserves the death penalty tbqh
>>
>>734756
It may be because I'm not self centered enough to consider myself more important than the life of another, but I never understood that argument when used against Christians not supporting Abortion.

No christian is going to go, 'Man, I thought killing babies was wrong, but it turns out she was just killing that baby so she could live! That makes it much better. At least now she is snuffing out innocent life for a selfish reason!'
>>
File: 1455478556803.jpg (48 KB, 720x851) Image search: [Google]
1455478556803.jpg
48 KB, 720x851
Relevant
>>
>>734860
The unborn was not wanted, its presence is harmful to the mother. It causes poor mental health alongwich heavy depression. It is harmful and as such the mother deserves to have ridden from her body.

>>734868
Yes it does. Anyone who threatens innocent women deserves the death penalty tbqh.
>>
>>734893
Maybe she needs to not fucking have sex if she doesn't want to get pregnant.
>>
>>734883
Christians don't care about women. That's why they want to strip them of agency regarding sex and birth control while holding them accountable for everything.

As a woman, christians are evil and deserve all to be dead.
>>
>>734893
>The newborn was not wanted, its presence is harmful to the mother. It causes poor mental health alongwich heavy depression. It is harmful and as such the mother deserves to have ridden from her life.

Your argument can be applied to unborns and newborns, so what makes the unborn any different?
>>
>>734902
So if a woman wants no more than one child in her marriage you suggest she has sex with her husband once and then keep lifelong abstinence in the married couple?
And you expect men to accept that?
>>
>>734911
I am applying it to unborns. I don't care for applying it to newborns. Do not attempt to move the goalposts.
>>
>>734904
>That's why they want to strip them of agency regarding sex and birth control while holding them accountable for everything.

Christians are really big on stripping everyone of their agency regarding sex (not before marriage) and birth control (never) and holding everyone accountable for everything they do.
>>
>>734918
Huge strawman. Using a condom is not an abortion, and neither are birth control pills which prevent contraception. Also, woman eventually stop ovulating and then you can have all te sex you want, genius.

The world is so fucking obsessed with sex today they would be willing to kill multiple babies just to have it one more time. It's really sad.
>>
>>734918
>abortion is the ONLY way to avoid getting or stopping being pregnant

stop being a stupid cunt
>>
>pope
I'm not a fan of the death penalty but this guy is the anti-christ
>>
File: pope-francis-ftr.jpg (33 KB, 1240x775) Image search: [Google]
pope-francis-ftr.jpg
33 KB, 1240x775
>>734918
Well, yeah, from a Catholic perspective. I expect men to suck it up and deal with it.

Remember, in Catholicism sex's only proper purpose is procreation. That means any form of sex that does not allow for the possibility of procreation is technically not permitted. This is why you're not allowed to masturbate or have gay sex, and why men and women alike who don't seek children are called to be chaste.

Them's the breaks.
>>
>>734345
Anti christian heresies are not good.

>>734356
>le lol le pol le whatever le buzzwords

top quality post you have there.
>>
>>734923
I am not moving the goalpost, your argument works perfectly for post-birth abortion as well as late term abortion. Therefore it is a shitty arguemnt unless youa ctually belive those things are ok too. Try again.
>>
This Pope is literally a communism, even though I'm against capital punishment I disagree with his SJW arguments against him. Besides, I'm sure he would support death penalty for kulaks and counter-revolutionaries, communist commitment to "peace" is always phony.
>>
>>734918
Well, that is what's taught. Yeah, the rules suck for both sides, but sometimes we don't get to do whatever we feel like. Marriage is entered in to for the procreation and upbringing of children first, and for pleasure second. A couple is expected to be open to life if they are to have sex, and to raise their children as Christians.
>>
File: 1433533817260.jpg (4 KB, 250x186) Image search: [Google]
1433533817260.jpg
4 KB, 250x186
>>734950
This is literally the shittiest bait I've ever read.

10/10, would bite it again.
>>
>>734933
How is a well possible situation within the picture you describe a strawman? It just makes you sound like you don't think ahead.

>Using a condom is not an abortion, and neither are birth control pills which prevent contraception
Actually for Christians birth control pills are abortion too, which is very unfortunate since they're the best, safest, and most reliable method of birth control for women.

>woman eventually stop ovulating and then you can have all te sex you want
At what, 50? 60? When women basically stop having a sex drive? That's like saying you can have all the life you want after you're dead, it makes no sense.

>The world is so fucking obsessed with sex today they would be willing to kill multiple babies just to have it one more time.
I'm sorry you've never made love in your life, it really is the best thing.
>>
If you consider Borgolio your religious head, you're not Christian. Though papists haven't really been truly Christian since 1054.
>>
>>734952
>>734940
This is why Catholicism is dying, nobody wants to put up with that shit. I certainly don't. Thanks but I don't want to be a catholic if you want to force all that bullshit on me.
>>
>>734947
>your argument works perfectly for post-birth abortion as well as late term abortion
Newborns are considered people, so killing them is not right. Unborns are not considered people though, so abortion is OK. That's where your strawman fails.

Do you think unborns should be considered people? If so, unwanted unborns should be held accountable for the physical, mental and financial damages they cause to the mother.
>>
>>734967
>How is a well possible situation within the picture you describe a strawman? It just makes you sound like you don't think ahead

Because you misinterpreted the argument. Never once was it said that people should not be allowed to have sex for reasons other than procreation

>Actually for Christians birth control pills are abortion too

Who said I was christian?

>I'm sorry you've never made love in your life, it really is the best thing.

I don't care how good it is, it doesn't justify murder. Also, making love is a lot different from casual sex.
>>
>>734980
They're both literally wrong about what they're saying.

I'll sum it up in the simplest way possible. Sex between a husband and wife is good and necessary for a healthy marriage. Getting a baby out of the deal is even better. The Church considers the Song of Solomon a good example of a healthy sexual relationship.

>>734967
>it really is the best thing
I'm not him, and I don't want to jump into that whole argument, but nah.

It's nice in the same way eating a really good piece of cake is nice. It's an act that brings temporary pleasure, and is not the best thing. Love or self fulfillment are probably the two contenders for 'the best thing'.
>>
>>734988
Unborns are only not considered people because of ignorance. According to the definiton of people they are people.

sure they can be held "accountable" if by accountable you mean "they should be considered the indirect cause of" but that dosen't mean they should be punished for it.
>>
>>734980
I won't force you to follow the path of Christ, that's something you have to decide on your own. I would hope that you'd eventually come to the conclusion that the right path and the easy path aren't always the same thing, but it's a very difficult thing to accept.

I don't much care for going to church every Sunday, but I do it because I won't delude myself into thinking it's fine if I stay at home and pray a bit. Likewise, as much as I want revenge on murderers and other criminals by putting them to death, I realize that's not for me to decide. I hope that one day you realize destroying the formation of life because it is inconvenient is wrong, despite the benefit it would bring to yourself (Nevermind the negative of being dead the child faces).
>>
>>735004
>Getting a baby out of the deal is even better
Not for every couple. 10 kids and a dog might have been the dream in the past but it's certainly not something everyone wants today
>>
>>735003
>Never once was it said that people should not be allowed to have sex for reasons other than procreation
>>734940
>>734952

>making love is a lot different from casual sex
Doesn't make much of a difference if you only accept sex for offpsring.

>>735004
>Sex between a husband and wife is good and necessary for a healthy marriage
But unprotected sex leads to babies, and I don't want more than one child in my life. I also don't want to rely solely on condoms, I want my birth control pill to use myself. Sex is not safe nor secure enough to have for me without my own birth control pill, therefore if catholicism doesn't want me to allow me to use birth control then I won't have sex with my husband. If it ruins the marriage, so be it.

>nah
Yeah.

>Love or self fulfillment are probably the two contenders for 'the best thing'
Making love is a part of Love.
>>
>>735017
It's still no thank you, I want no part in your cult.

>>735022
This. I want one child. Not more. Which means sex one time and then my husband is never getting any anymore.
>>
>>735032
Neither of those responses were mine and I am not christian, so what is your point in showing me these posts?

>Doesn't make much of a difference if you only accept sex for offspring

yes it does? An act of love is clearly different from an act of passion.
>>
>>735045
>An act of love is clearly different from an act of passion.
Looks like christians are too autistic to see the difference.
>>
>>735017
The easy path is the right path for me. What best serves my purposes is what's right.
>>
>>735032
>>735037
What's ironic is that christians don't want divorce either, so broken couples from no sex because possible babies just end up with shitty depressed adults and shitty, depressed, disillusioned children.

Great job catholics.
>>
>>734980
Why would I care? You're rejecting it on muh feels
You're asking entirely the wrong question
Whether or not what the Catholic church says is correct from a moral perspective stands on whether or not Christ's claim to be the Son of God was true. You should be bothering with that question, not "does the Catholic church let me do what I want". If that's what you're looking at I don't want you in the Church.
>>
>>735022
That's fair. I'm not going to tackle a woman about to take some birth control pills. I'm just explaining the Catholic stance on the whole thing better than those two chucklefucks.

>>735032
>making love is part of love

No, making love is sex. It's an act that can be done with someone you love, and that can lead to greater fulfillment of the relationship, but it is in no way the best thing out there. If you took one from the other, Love without sex is better than sex without love.
>>
>>735062
I think what directly impacts on my own life is more important than anything else. I don't care about christ or god, I care about whether I'm happy and doing what I want to do.
>>
>>735062
>Whether or not what the Catholic church says is correct from a moral perspective stands on whether or not Christ's claim to be the Son of God was true.

This is not true. Even if Jesus wasn't the son of God that doesn't mean all his tesching were wrong.
>>
>>735068
>No, making love is sex.
Wrong, making love is love. Sex alone is not making love, making love is the specific act of sex with someone you love, and it is far better than love without sex and sex without love both. It is the very best thing and it's really cruel of christianity to deny it to people.

>I'm just explaining the Catholic stance on the whole thing better than those two chucklefucks
Actually the official Catholic stance is closer to those two's than yours.
>>
>>735069
Great you're a selfish atheist
I don't care that you don't join the Church tomorrow
>>
>>735011
>Unborns are only not considered people because of ignorance.
Actually they are not considered people because of science, since the early development stages akins them more to vegetables than humans.

>sure they can be held "accountable" if by accountable you mean "they should be considered the indirect cause of"
Direct you mean. Their presence is the direct cause of mental, financial, and physical distress, and they should be punished for it. If a woman is forced to give birth a baby against her will, the baby being the cause of her distress should repay her a monetary compensation of moral and material damages plus interest as soon as it is physically capable of work.
>>
>>735087
>Their presence is the direct cause of mental, financial, and physical distress,
Doesn't matter
>>
>>735099
Yes it does. As people, they are accountable for the harm they cause to the mother, especially since unwanted pregnancies cause depression. Therefore they must pay.
>>
>>735108
Nope
>>
>>735079
> It is the very best thing and it's really cruel of christianity to deny it to people

Your definition isn't denied to Christians. If you love someone and want to have sex with them, the only requirement it to marry before you do it. Then you can have all the sex you want with them, as long as it doesn't end up consuming your whole life.

>Actually the official Catholic stance is closer to those two's than yours

You want to back that up with something?
>>
>>735110
Yep.
Stop shielding criminals.
>>
>>735112
Baby made no conscience decision
It's not a criminal
The only ones who did are the parents or a rapist in that case
>>
>>735087

>Actually they are not considered people because of science, since the early development stages akins them more to vegetables than humans.

https://www.princeton.edu/~prolife/articles/embryoquotes2.html

You are objectively wrong. Also, who said vegetables weren't human?

>Direct you mean

No I mean indirect. The government forces the mother into economic crisis, not the baby. The baby also does not intentionally cause the mother any harm.

>repay her a monetary compensation of moral and material damages plus interest as soon as it is physically capable of work.

You seriously don't believe this do you? There is a difference between innocence and "not guilty." In this scenario the baby is not guilty, because it can't be held accojntable for it's actions. Our legal system does not punish the clinically insane because they have virtually no control over their actions. An unborn baby needs to be treated the same way.

No mother would agree to force her child to pay off some sort of 'dabt' anyway, most people aren't that insane.
>>
>>735111
>the only requirement it to marry before you do it
Some requirement that given how serious marriage is. What if I marry someone and that turns out they're not like I expected or not sexually compatible with me? Christians expect me to get blind into a situation extremely hard to get out of with their rules. It is not fair at all. That's why people prefer to have sex during engagements and don't necessarily wait for marriage.

>Then you can have all the sex you want with them
Nope, since I don't want to risk unwanted babies.

>You want to back that up with something?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_and_birth_control
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_on_masturbation#Catholicism
>>
>>735133
>What if I marry someone and that turns out they're not like I expected or not sexually compatible with me?
>sexually incompatible
Every man is sexually compatible with every woman. The idea that they aren't is bullshit
>>
>>735133
Sexual compatibility comes from getting to know someone very intimately and learning their signals and cues and what turns them on and getting know how sensitive different parts of their body are and stuff like that. Optimal sex takes practice and talks and learning. You might seem "incompatible", but that's because you don't realize that great sex between two people takes a lot of practice.
>>
>>735133
>What if I marry someone and that turns out they're not like I expected or not sexually compatible with me

Well, if you date someone long enough to marry them. Usually you'll have an idea of what to expect.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_and_birth_control
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_on_masturbation#Catholicism
How does birth control or jerking it change the fact that the church encourages couples to have a healthy sex life?
>>
>>735116
>Baby made no conscience decision
It made the conscience decision to live, it is criminal and deserves to pay. Beat the criminal to death.

>You are objectively wrong.
I am objectively right, a bunch of name calling doesn't change facts. It doesn't even have a brain.

>Also, who said vegetables weren't human?
Are you saying you're a vegetable? Good, that means I can eat you.

>The government forces the mother into economic crisis, not the baby.
The government forces the mother into economic and psychological crisis when it prevents abortion.

>The baby also does not intentionally cause the mother any harm.
Neither do cockroaches but we still exterminate them, because they cause harm and one shouldn't be made to suffer from them. Who said cockroaches weren't human?

>You seriously don't believe this do you?
It would certainly be justice for the abuse the mother gets.

>Our legal system does not punish the clinically insane
That's why it's exploited by criminals. But even the clinically insane get punished if their crime is grave enough.

>No mother would agree to force her child to pay off some sort of 'dabt' anyway
I would. I did not want that pregnancy and it was forced on me. I demand justice.
>>
File: image.png (40 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
image.png
40 KB, 625x626
>>735180
I can't belive you actually made me reply.

0/10
>>
File: 100-dollars-fuckoff.jpg (24 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
100-dollars-fuckoff.jpg
24 KB, 500x375
>>735180
Talking to a troll
>>
>>735143
>Every man is sexually compatible with every woman
Not every woman is sexually compatible with every man though, which is why women seek better men unless they're satisfied with the one they're with.

>>735170
>great sex between two people takes a lot of practice
It also takes two people who want to practice with each other, which won't happen if there's no compatibility to begin with. I am one who is disgusted by someone I am not compatible with and will not want to take repeats.

>>735175
>Well, if you date someone long enough to marry them. Usually you'll have an idea of what to expect.
Not until you actually do sexual things though. Which is why people do those during the dating phase.

>How does birth control or jerking it change the fact that the church encourages couples to have a healthy sex life?
You cannot have a healthy sex life without birth control because lack of birth control makes sex risky, so the church contradicts itself.
>>
>>735193
Who said vegetables and cockroaches aren't human?
Does that mean humans can be eaten and exterminated?
>>
>>735202
Really all I'm getting from this is that you're a slut who hates kids, and wants to fuck whoever she wants without having to worry about it and doesn't like the church having different opinions.

Why bother being Catholic then?
>>
>>735214
Anon don't feed the trolls
>>
>>735175
>Well, if you date someone long enough to marry them. Usually you'll have an idea of what to expect.
Sex for me was completely unexpected as in different from what I had imagined even after I had known my fiance for years.
>>
>>735210
>>735196
>>735202

When he said "vegetables" I thought he meant like people who are in a vegitstive state, not actual vegetables.

I am not a troll and I never said cockroaches, dont put words in my mouth.

You did not even make an attempt to read my argument and just responded with statements but no arguments. Therefore it is bait.
>>
>>735224
I was calling her a troll anon not you
>>
>>735221

Still, benis in vagina, yes?
>>
>>735214
My parents forced it on me. The church thinks I'm a catholic because my name is on their list but I don't really care to be, and I certainly don't want to be if it means being grouped with people like you.

>Really all I'm getting from this is that you're a slut who hates kids
I don't hate anyone, I only don't want more than one child in my family.

>and wants to fuck whoever she wants without having to worry about it
I only want to have sex with my husband-to-be without having to worry about it.

>doesn't like the church having different opinions
Knowing the church's history, you're not people to be trusted.
>>
>>735224
>When he said "vegetables" I thought he meant like people who are in a vegitstive state, not actual vegetables
People in a coma are formed unlike fetuses who are literal vegetables.

>I am not a troll and I never said cockroaches
But that's whay unwanted babies are. They might not want to cause harm but they still do, just like cockroaches.
>>
>>735224
Ah damn I linked the wrong comment. I meant to link >>735210 not >>735202
>>
>>735235
That's a serious reductive fallacy.
>>
>>735255
This is exactly why abortion is legal now in many developed countries. Liberals don't even consider them human. They have become dehumanized. And when they become dehumanized it becomes very easy to kill them. 54 million babies have been aborted in the US alone since Roe v Wade and people don't even bat an eyelid because they think they are killing what is the equivalent to a roach.
>>
>>735244
You're Catholic because you're baptized and confirmed as one dumbass. And the fact that you got confirmed as a Catholic because of your parents means you're spineless.

Listen, do whatever you want. You clearly never liked the church, and hate it because it was forced on you as a child by your parents. But the church isn't going to fucking break down your door and force you to abstain from sex, and you aren't going to follow it's rules, so why care?

>Knowing the church's history, you're not people to be trusted.

Fuck off.
>>
File: 1454781521333.jpg (52 KB, 620x348) Image search: [Google]
1454781521333.jpg
52 KB, 620x348
>>734950

>pope is a communism
pic related
>>
>>735285
I was forced to confirm when I was 12, so technically I didn't confirm shit since I was still a child subjugated to the will of my parents and did nothing of my own will. Please do not call me catholic, I am not one of you.

>why care?
Because knowing your history you're not people to be trusted.
>>
File: 43.jpg (148 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
43.jpg
148 KB, 700x700
>>735311
He's listening to what the guy is telling him (it's a replica of one a Jesuit had who was put to death). He then accepts it with a smile
>>
File: 1402453389751.png (342 KB, 452x402) Image search: [Google]
1402453389751.png
342 KB, 452x402
>>735353
>I am not one of you.
>i just filled out all the paperwork

You're a Catholic, and a shitty one at that. It takes a fucking three second chat with your priest to say "I don't want to be confirmed" and he won't do it, hell, they even talk to your parents if you ask.

>Because knowing your history you're not people to be trusted.
That doesn't explain why the fuck you care about what they do when they aren't forcing you to do it.
>>
>>735353
You actually don't know church history
>>
>>735386
It would have been pretty rude to refuse it 2bh.

Too bad that this helped spread the commie pope dank meme, with the pope's popularity sinking very low on a tibetan wood carving board and tons of autisic manchildren converting to Orthodox Christianity.
>>
>>735386
He condemned the thing a little bit later, you can look it up
>>
>>735353
I was forced to confirm when I was 16. I clearly told my parents "I'm only doing this to shut your traps, I don't give a shit about the church or religion."

>>735387
>i just filled out all the paperwork

Yeah paperwork obtained via coercion of an unwilling minor. I always knew the church is a criminal organization that likes to exploit children.

>your priest to say "I don't want to be confirmed" and he won't do it, hell, they even talk to your parents if you ask

Hahahaha when I said I didn't want to go to cathecism or mass and just wanted to sleep on sundays or watch anime and play videogames instead my priest did nothing but tell my parents I was dangerous and atttempted to demonize my beloved vidya. Fuck off, your priest won't listen to what people really want or he won't have anyone wanting to be in his shitty religion anymore.

>You are a Catholic
That's completely meaningless if being a catholic just means being forced to something you don't care for. I don't give a shit about catholicism or any monotheist religion for the matter. They're all disgusting abusive shit and this thread just proved that.
>>
>>735392
>making religious decisions based on 4chan shitposting

I keep seeing it happen and it never stops being hilarious.
>>
>>734904
I mean dear lord perish the thought that your iniquities be reined in and virtue which has been shown by psychological studies repeatedly to increase lifelong happiness be enforced. I mean it's 2016 surely polyamorous necro-orgies are the norm now with temporary marriage licenses and the ability to destroy a body within your own body due to your own poor decision making in terms of sexual activity. Also great show of moral fibre ms. "Oh god someone is holding me to behave on a higher standard than a clap-ridden foeticide-laden whore, THEY SHOULD DIE." What wondrous substance consists your personality.
>>
>>735392
>It would have been pretty rude to refuse it 2bh.
So?
>>
>>735392
>It would have been pretty rude to refuse it 2bh.
I would say it was more rude to offer it.
>>
>>735416
No, people reported that, but he didn't. He himself clarified by saying it caused no offense and he took it home with him.
>>
>>737060
It was a low move by a Anti-religion and Socialist politician in an attempt to curry favor with his party.

He has probably been annoyed since that the Pope didn't react as he hoped. Which means Francis is smarter than people give him credit.
>>
>>737058
>anything enforced
>happiness
Pick one.

>virtue
Subjective, I don't see the virtue in forcing your dumb beliefs on others.

>clap-ridden foeticide-laden whore
>What wondrous substance consists your personality
Doesn't your religion say do not judge lsst ye be judged? What a hypocrite. Hypocrites' personality is the worst. Also how is someone a whore if they only have sex with their husband?
>>
>>737189
I only have protected sex on birth control with the man I love and whom I am engaged to and who has clearly expressed his will to be my husband (gave me an engagement ring, talks about marriage, presented me as the one he's going to marry to his parents and family and all that), but apparently that's still enough for one to be a whore to these creeps. No wonder everyone hates them.
>>
>Roman Catholics don't do Chrismation right after baptism
>not having infant communion
>>
>>737247
>No wonder everyone hates them.
4chan posters?
>>
>>737247
>give your bf handjobs and have him lick your vagina because you love him and he loves you
>this somehow makes only the woman a whore, the man is just having his urges fulfilled women's urges do not matter

I like how all religions are a bunch of mysoginist bullshit that expect women not to have a mind, wants, needs and urges of their and either be completely frigid or get into a relationship blindly regardless of the risks they may encounter, because it's not like most men aren't utter shit.
>>
>>737480
There isn't a double standard on sexuality from Christianity. In fact, Christ was literally the first thinker of the West who expressed the idea that you could commit adultery against your wife (the idea of a man committing adultery before that, was against the husband of the woman he slept with).
>>
>>734892
Anything that looks like a Bohrok deserves to die.
>>
>>736963
>Hahahaha when I said I didn't want to go to cathecism or mass and just wanted to sleep on sundays or watch anime and play videogames instead my priest did nothing but tell my parents I was dangerous and atttempted to demonize my beloved vidya
Yes, well, you're presentation of your case may have been the problem. Saying "fuck all of you, I just want to do what makes me feel good" isn't going to be recived well. Saying "I just don't feel that, at this point in time, I could truy commit myself to the church and it's beliefs, and as such I feel, and would hope you would agree, that I should not partake in the sacrament of confirmation, as to do such would be both a lie on my part and an insult to the sacrament and the church."
It's helps to appeal to the other parties interests and beliefs in negotiations, and you clearly did the exact opposite of that.
>>
>>733517

>living

Fuck you!
Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.