[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Decolonization
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 13
File: image.png (2 MB, 798x975) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 798x975
/his/
Was the "decolonization" of Africa a good idea? Didn't native Africans live better under European control?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decolonisation_of_Africa
>>
>A hotel for white people went out of business when the white people left

Dear god, the humanity.
>>
>>720515
What Tf is wrong with you you ass smoking retard?
>>
>>720515
>Was the "decolonization" of Africa a good idea
Yes, however it was all the things that followed after the decolonization that ruined things.
>>
>>720515
>Didn't native Africans live better under European control?
This is why the objective numbers tell us.
Colonisation is not completely over yet, countries like France maintain a military presence to prevent the part they need to go chimpout lvl 5.

I don't know why, wealthy white people living in the west want that to stop.
>>
How much better would things have been if borders were redrawn and states made to fit cultures?
>>
>>720539
The biggest problem was the US and USSR forcing colonial regimes out before they had a chance to properly setup an educated class that could actually run a government while also allowing enough decentralization to insure tribal groups wouldn't get their toes stepped on (by the government or each other).
>>
>>720553
The problem could be more then just the US and the USSR, chances are that European countries are to blame as well. Then you have companies like De Beers and who knows how large a hand they had in fucking things up.
>>
Holy crap, a hotel exclusively for imperialists fell into disrepair in a poverty stricken nation?

Someone call Paul Russeabagina
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 242x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 242x250
>>720527
>>720533
>>
>>720553
You are missing one important thing, which is that the colonial powers never intended to set up things like educations and have the locals rule the place. Some argue that they never intended to leave the colonies in the first place
>>
>>720569
I'm an objectivist
>>
>>720600
Only subjectively though.
>>
>implying decolonization happened
Just because Europeans left doesn't mean African states aren't currently a European civilization (i.e. primarily European language, civil structures, etc.
>>
>>720603
Nope

There is literally no way of arguing against objectivism without "muh fee fees"
>>
>>720515
Yes, but it should have been a slower process, give the time for the black and white population to mix more instead of just leaving them to their own and going OOGA BOOGA
>>
File: David_Hume[1].jpg (92 KB, 825x1000) Image search: [Google]
David_Hume[1].jpg
92 KB, 825x1000
>>720609
>>
>>720544
Much worse actually. They are already poor as fuck, imagine if they were also too small to actually finance any sort of infrastructure and neighboured a historical enemy sitting over a diamond mine. Not to mention the impracticality of dividing by ethnic group when most areas are heavily multikulti both historically and by result of colonization, plus the inherently fragmented ethnic map of most of Africa.
>>
>>720609
Objectivism is literally "my feefees are the only real feefees": the system.
>>
>>720600
>objectivist
What the hell is this supossed to be?
>>
>>720515
Decolonisation is a losing game since sunken costs.

If you brought up some dingy colony to 1st world standards you aren't gonna let it go independent since you sunk so much money into it and will lose it all.
>>
>>720544
There was actually a thread about this and it was generally decided that the better version of this would be separation by language because that's more of an identity between tribes than anything else.
>>
>>720630
I think he meant something along the lines of cultures not being split by borders, rather than each culture having its own plot.
>>
>>720515

West Africa and Kenya are doing pretty alright for themselves
>>
>>720515
>Was the "decolonization" of Africa a good idea?
yes but it was too hasty, they simply handed over the country to native tyrants instead of gradually giving them autonomy so the tiny black middle class wouldn't immediately get cucked and have a chance to develop democratic institutions and a well regulated standing national army
>>
>>720652
How would that have been any better? Most african wars are due to resources and ethnic hatred, not irredentism. Not to mention that it would have still been hard as fuck to accomplish because Africa's ethnic map makes the meme borders like Belgium/Netherlands and India/Bangladesh look plain.
>>
>>720515
It was shit under Europeans and, likewise, its shit now, primarily because decolonization was handled poorly by the Europeans.

They shouldn't have colonized In the first place.
>>
>>720654
>West Africa
>doing pretty alright
Your west africa probably isnt the same west africa I know.
>>
>>720672
It's been a while sense we heard anything about the Ebola outbreak, makes me wonder how many have built up a immunity by now.
>>
>>720671
>decolonization was handled poorly by the Europeans
It was handled about as well as it should be expected considering all the violence. The locals would not have allowed a slower and more adequate process.
>>
>>720695
That's why I'm saying that the whole thing shouldn't have happened in the first place. Ultimately it would have been the most beneficial for all parties if Africa had been left on its own to develop
>>
>>720720
Africa was behind everyone because they were left on their own, with no communication to places like North Africa, Europe and even Asia they could only develop so far. Ethiopia is the most successful African nation because it wasn't as isolated like everything south of it.
>>
>>720720
>the whole thing
You mean colonization or decolonization?
Because top kek there's no way that you can say colonization wasn't beneficial for the west. Markets and resources matter m8, even just objective denial against a rival is a positive result. There was literally no reason for the west to leave unspoiled, weak, divided, resource rich Africa alone.
If you mean decolonization shouldn't have happened, yeah no way there either. After the war, with all the rebuilding and military downsizing, colonies had become nothing more than a moneysink.
>>
>>720629
Le Ebin agnosticism meme

*tips fedora*
>>
>>720738
Aren't objectivists basically required to be atheist?
>>
>>720515
>Was the "decolonization" of Africa a good idea? Didn't native Africans live better under European control?
having freedom is more important than materialistic things like the state of a hotel
>>
I think the big problem is the leaders that replaced them didn't want to copy what the Europeans were doing/do and everything fell into a degraded state.
>>
>>720527
>a business that employed natives went out of business
>now they're all unemployed
gee
>>
>>720672
>ebola
he probably meant Nigeria considering how they handled the virus
>>
>>720672

it's not like Ebola wouldn't have struck if they were still under colonial rule
>>
>>720726
Pretty much every African state north of the Congo Basin had contact with Asia and North Africa and had armies equipped with arquebus' and were growing corn from the Americas to feed their populace. Of course, that all changes once you go past the Congo Basin.
>>
>>720515
Of course it was a good idea...for Europeans. Look at what happened in India. Look at what happened to the Portuguese when they tried to hold onto their colonies. Colonization has been a disastrous policy that has eventually backfired for the mother countries in every conceivable way. The only exception would have if Spain hoarded all the gold and silver it sto-AHEM I mean, mined.

>b-b-but America was a colony and it's an ally of the UK
Do Americans pay the British taxes? Then it was ultimately a failure and just a happy coincidence that they ended up allies.

Not to mention the argument that you can't put a price on freedom, which would hold that despite objective statistics to the contrary, self-rule is better by its very nature.
>>
>>720753
>having freedom
>dictatorships and ethnic oligarchies everywhere
>>
>>720782

You are correct, sometimes I forget about Liberia because acknowledging them can be painful :(
>>
>>720811
never said it worked lol
>>
>>720568
They could have used the building for something else
>>
File: tribes.png (96 KB, 816x1056) Image search: [Google]
tribes.png
96 KB, 816x1056
>>720544
that would be like trying to eat noodles with a spoon
>>
Rather than talking about why decolonization failed, why not ask this: Could decolonization have been done well, and if so, how?
>>
>>720827
That build was ruined due to the Civil war
>>
>>720654
More like a roller coaster tbqh.
>>
>>720515
It was a horrible idea. These people still can't properly govern themselves. Just watch "Africa Addio".

At least the Arabs are capable of governing themselves by comparison.
>>
>>720839
Wow. They really really need centuries of war and conflict to hammer that out. Maybe the odd existential threat from the Arabs too.
>>
>>720842
china seemed to decolonize fine.

then again, their average genetic iq is 107, as opposed to 70 in subsaharan africa
>>
>>720515
This picture makes me glad that no business has shut down outside of Africa in the last 40 years.
>>
>>720792
While this is likely, it's only because colonial rule was absolutely terrible.

Ebola is not that hard of a disease to combat, it's just that west Africa is fucked.

FFS, the Nigerians had no trouble dealing with it.
>>
>>721126
>china seemed to decolonize fine.
>Warlord Era
>Great Leap Forward
>Cultural Revolution
>Fine
Compared to China, Africa is doing fanfuckingtastic at Decolonization.
>>
Decolonization could have worked if it hadn't happened during the cold war. I believe if the big push had happened during any other period things would have been fine
>>
>>721126
>civil war and famine that kills more than 3 million
>"China seemed to decolonize fine"
die please
>>
>>721154
On the other hand, this seems to point at a stable and somewhat prosperous Africa in what, forty years?
>>
>>720839
That map is so wrong on so many levels.

Most africans don't define themselves by tribe anymore but by ethnic group.
>>
>>721177
depends on outside involvement, unlike China Africa is very vulnerable to outside involvement
>>
>>721154
the warlord era was short.

the great leap forward and cultural revolution (keep in mind this was 30 years later) happened because of communism. keep in mind taiwan and korea and singapore and hong kong also decolonized, and given that they weren't communist, never suffered the cultural revolution or great leap forward.

it ties directly to iq and basal violence levels

>>721170
and compared to africa 3 million deaths in the most populous nation in the world is bad.. how?
>>
>>721126
Actually it's mid 80's generally when you consider the data we have. Sierra Leone is actually 91.

The "africans have 70 IQs meme" was largely guesswork and fraud by literal eugenicists. The data on equatorial guinea was taken from mentally retarded children in a spanish asylum for example.

High scoring nigerian and ugandan schools were outright ignored or had their numbers rounded down as "exceptions"
>>
>>721197
contrary to the eugenicists are all frauds meme, quite a lot of their data and theory is solid

I can't comment specifically on the studies you're talking about, but when you take modern iq tests, which are almost always nonverbal nonmathematical, you get similar results.

further, no one is denying that individual tribes within africa might have higher genetic means for iq. there are isolated cases, such as the yoruba, who have practiced subsistence agriculture and mercantilism for a while, with higher ages of marriage in their recorded history. but these tribes are typically isolated and show distinct differences from their neighbors.

to claim that because some smart africans exist, therefore all africans are the same, is stupid.

do all africans have kenyan long distance running genetics?

as it turns out, not even most kenyans do. it's ONE, SINGLE, ONE TRIBE. ONE KENYAN TRIBE. that performs so well in running. just one. that's not a test. that's a real result. they can measure the average v02 max, which is blood oxygenation, they can DNA test and see that they have more slow twitch muscle fiber. we have real results from competition.

those minority schools are just that. minorities.
>>
>Was the "decolonization" of Africa a good idea? Didn't native Africans live better under European control?

Can you name one African country that got better after the white people left?

If not than no.
>>
>>721251
If you correct for tech advances Jesse Owens is actually still the fastest recorded man.
>>
>>720515
have fun
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2f3rig
>>
>>721251
>eugenicists are all frauds
I said no such thing. I said the 70 IQ figure was a meme by frauds.

>modern iq tests, which are almost always nonverbal nonmathematical, you get similar results
Such as?

>these tribes are typically isolated
Most niger-congo speakers are and have been farmers as well as traders.

>to claim that because some smart africans exist, therefore all africans are the same, is stupid.
And to claim some dumb africans exist, therefore all africans are the same is stupid

>those minority schools are just that. minorities.
But that's wrong

The Nigerian example used only the 2 lowest scoring sample groups. The exceptions were used.
>>
Why did Ethiopia get fucked? They weren't colonized. They also seemed the most "organized" and one of the better off African nations historically. I know there was a terrible famine at some point, but I wouldn't expect them to be so poor based on their history. I would expect them to be Morocco or egypt-tier in terms of affluence. Is it because they are landlocked and have little access to trade because of all the mountains and desert surrounding them? Is it partly the Pirates in the Gulf of Aden?
>>
It was a bad idea because Europeans were horrible people. So if they remained under the Europeans, they'd live in exploitation and filth. If they kicked out the Europeans, the Europeans would shoot and kill a bunch of them and steal as much wealth and resources as they could on the way out.

It's always lose-lose when white people are about.
>>
>>721126
Lol they do not have that because Chinese only let their top tier cities take the test
>>
>>721265

Immediately? None of them.

In the long run? Literally all African countries are better off now than they've ever been since Europeans arrived. Which is crazy considering what a shithole Africa still is.
>>
>>721328
such as almost all of the iq tests done since the late 80s. there are thousands of studies. all racists like rushton did was compile these kinds of studies.

the studies continued, they're everywhere

>niger congo basin
there's no evidence of large scale agriculture. again, individual tribes could practice it. even then most of them were semi nomadic horticulturalists. settled land, in permanence, is not an aspect of the vast majority of african systems

>africans from nigeria are secretly smart in aggregate, I swear
funny, because those "smart ones" from the coast are the ones that ended up on the slave ships. they're not very smart, in aggregate.
>>
>>721373
>settled land, in permanence, is not an aspect of the vast majority of african systems

It is though.
Only a select few are nomadic
>>
>>721353
I said average genetic iq, idiot.

rural people ARE NOT allowed to move to the cities in china. if and when they do, they are not registered in the hukou, and their children do not have access to healthcare, schooling, etc.

when workers illegally migrate to the cities, they leave their children behind. when the children are iq tested in schools, it accurately reflects the iq of the region. the cities have higher iqs because they are historically where the mandarin rulers would end up. it makes sense that they're smarter. they also have beter nutrition, the effects of poverty are skill causing dwarfed heights and iqs i nthe provinces.

when stupid, poor people from china move to america (keep in mind stupid for china is 99 iq points.) their kids end up with 104 ish average iq points. in line with expectations. when people from beijing or hangzhou move to america, their iq averages around 108.
>>
>>721394
So this increase in Iq will apply to Africans to once their nutritional both natal and in childhood and education catches up to a good level then?
>>
>>721411
africans live in every country on the globe now. their iq hasn't increased more than the flynn effect in any of them. it tapers off at the low 80s in industrialized countries. all of them.
>>
>>721330
Gommunism.
>>
>>721479
also a fuck ton of wars they couldn't afford
>Egypt
>Eritrea
>Somalia
>3 civil wars
>Sudan
>>
>>721330
they didn't used to be landlocked, They got federated with Eritrea post WW2 and things were fine for a while then Hailee selassie wanted to annex Eritrea starting a stupidly expensive civil war. *SPOILERS* Eritrea wins and Ethiopia becomes a communism
>>
>>721485
>>721492

Why doesn't Ethipia reunite with Eritrea now that there are no gommies?
>>
>>721445
What about african emigrates in america
Not african-americans, actual africans and their sons.

I remember reading somewhere they were doing pretty well in academic fields or even entrepreneurial activities
>>
>>721499
Are you joking?
They fucking hate each other.
>>
>>721499
They really don't like each other. Also Ethiopia is teetering back towards dictatorship and Eritrea is literally modeled on the North Korean government! like it's actually modeled 100% on north Korea's government, it's fucking autistic
>>
Someone please post the webm of the Chinese dude berating Africans for letting their countries go to shit and the African in the room staring blankly at the floor.
>>
>>721265
>>720515
>Can you name one African country that got better after the white people left?

there seems to be more hands per person in the Congo now
>>
>>721501
my best friend is an african emigrate. they are literally all multimillionaires. they also still receive affirmative action, thus they do well in academia, as the smart kids of smart multi-millionaires

having millions, they also do decently in entrepeneurism.

none of that has anything to do with the average african iq. which is low and remains low.

environmental effects have a higher left tail than right tail. feed a kid nothing, his iq drops 30 or more points. feed a kid perfectly, and his iq will reach its max potential. but there is NO food you can give a kid that will RAISE his iq 15 points.

the intelligence level of africans in guangzhou, europe, and america that you see? that's their max potential, in aggregate

if you micro-focus on african immigrant millionaires, a few thousand out of a billion, you see businessmen and college students. if you micro-focus on quality whites, they're splitting the atom and throwing rockets into space.
>>
>>721499
They hate each other. Ethiopia fell to Gommies because they were weakened by throwing everything into a war they lost. And now they're even weaker afterwards, because Gommies.
>>
>>720809
>Do Americans pay the British taxes? Then it was ultimately a failure and just a happy coincidence that they ended up allies.
That's completely ridiculous and you know it. There was rebellion and then reconciliation over time. The relationship still isn't perfect, but at least it's there.
>>
>>721517
it's hard to stop your country from going to shit when your leaders kick the whites out then start exterminating minorities
>never forget Rhodesia
>>
>>721251
Reminder that researchers in Africa stopped using a major nonverbal intelligence test (Porteus maze test) because Africans were too good at it.

>In these tests, the subject is presented with the printed plan of a maze, and he has to trace with a pencil the path he would follow in getting to the centre of the maze. If he enters blind alleys, he fails. The mazes form a series, graded in difficulty, and constituting an age scale of intelligence. A European child, when he reaches a maze beyond his mental age, tends to enter a blind alley and explore it to the end, and then to retrace his path to the entrance of the blind alley and go on again. He penetrates to the centre of the maze quickly enough, but with many errors. The typical procedure of the Africans tested was different. The subject would study the maze for many minutes without making a move; then he would trace his path to the centre without hesitation or error. The test had to be abandoned as a test of intelligence [in Oliver’s project], for even the most difficult mazes in the series were solved in this way by too many of the subjects.
>>
>>721522
anything is better than the belgian congo
>>
>>721445
>A separate phenomenon from the Flynn effect has been the discovery that the IQ gap has been gradually closing over the last decades of the 20th century, as black test-takers increased their average scores relative to white test-takers. A 2006 study by Dickens and Flynn estimated that the difference between mean scores of blacks and whites closed by about 5 or 6 IQ points between 1972 and 2002,[59] which would be a reduction of about one-third. In the same period the educational achievement disparity also diminished.[60] However this was challenged by Rushton & Jensen who claim the difference remains stable.[61] In a 2006 study, Murray agreed with Dickens and Flynn that there has been a narrowing of the difference; "Dickens' and Flynn's estimate of 3–6 IQ points from a base of about 16–18 points is a useful, though provisional, starting point". But he argued that this has stalled and that there has been no further narrowing for people born after the late 1970s.[62] Recent reviews by Flynn and Dickens (2006), Hunt (2011), Mackintosh (2011), Nisbett et al. 2012 accept the gradual closing of the gap as a fact. Nisbett et al. (2012b) cite Dickens & Flynn (2006) who consider arguments to the contrary by Rushton, Jensen and Murray to be erroneous.
>>
>>721517
And someone please ask that Chinese how Tibet is doing, how China spent so much money and time on developing the region etc.
>>
>>720609
> I've never read philosophy nor Ayn Rand but I've heard that she's right-wing so I'll pretend to have read her.
>>
>>721573
Nah, the real way to piss of the Chinese is to point out that their country went to shit when the Japs left.
>>
>>721523
>a few thousand out of a billion, you see businessmen and college students
>a few thousand
Where are you getting these numbers from? There's like 200,000 nigerian americans alone and 40% to 37% have bachelor degrees
>>
>>721555
not all iq tests measure the same individual neurological capacity. but in aggregate, they test the strength of g, g being the presence of beneficial intelligence alleles and the relative absence of deleterious mutations.

I think few people would doubt the spatial intelligence of africans. native americans also have high spatial intelligence. both groups ALSO heavily lack abstract numerical intelligence, which can be traced back to a number of "math genes" heavily implicated in the ability to do algebra. this math gene in particular is implicated in the ability to account for unseen factors in the future, and thereby the ability to draw equivalancy between forces and objects.

>>721558
you've documented statements. I would like you to document a causal pathway.

because we've more or less determined the pathway for IQ, which is genetically scalar based on a distribution of some 10k alleles. an explanation for a closing gap would need to document how the allele distribution has changed.
>>
>>721154
>implying stability and peace are perequisite for civilization
>Napoleonic Wars
>German Unification Wars
>WWI
>WWII
>much better
>>
Blame the white people this time. When metternich hosted the Berlin conference, eurofags chopped up Africa for themselves with complete disregard for traditional tribal boundaries. After leaving africa, traditionally opposed cultures (i.e. hutus and tutsis) were forced to cohabitate within moronicly drawn European boundaries. If the African cultures were allowed to maintain their traditional tribal boundaries... no rwanda, no western sahara, etc.
>>
>>721743
I don't think so. They'd probably still be in war with each others. If anything a modern nation-state is more stable than tribal borders.
>>
>European colonial powers "decolonize" by officially removing their white colonial overlords from power in colonies
>replace the overt white face of colonialism with a black face that is in reality a puppet of the European political and corporate interests that once ran the system directly

Africa never decolonized, they just replaced a white face with a black face. Aside from the situation in Zimbabwe with Mugabe (who somehow managed to fuck everything up), the opportunities and quality of life for the average African has changed little since the white man pulled out. Corporate mining interests, for example, still control various regions and the African-run governments still enforce their exploitation of miners and the local environment by suppressing strikes, unions, and environmental activists.
>>
Even a nation-state full of people that hate each other?
>>
File: education-in-the-belgian-congo.jpg (52 KB, 405x292) Image search: [Google]
education-in-the-belgian-congo.jpg
52 KB, 405x292
Let's see what Africans themselves think.

http://content.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1713275,00.html

>"We should just give it all back to the whites," the riverboat captain says. "Even if you go 1,000 kilometers down this river, you won't see a single sign of development. When the whites left, we didn't just stay where we were. We went backwards."

>"The river is the artery of Congo's economy," he says. "When the Belgians and the Portuguese were here, there were farms and plantations — cashews, peanuts, rubber, palm oil. There was industry and factories employing 3,000 people, 5,000 people. But since independence, no Congolese has succeeded. The plantations are abandoned." Using a French expression literally translated as "on the ground," he adds: "Everything is par terre."

>"On this river, all that you see — the buildings, the boats — only whites did that. After the whites left, the Congolese did not work. We did not know how to. For the past 50 years, we've just declined." He pauses. "They took this country by force," he says, with more than a touch of admiration. "If they came back, this time we'd give them the country for free."
>>
>>721771
Nice meme, but Mugabe was not an exception who "somehow" fucked up. Many other African countries turned socialist after independence, Tanzania under Julius Nyerere, Guinea under Ahmed Sekou, Equatorial Guinea under Francisco Macias Nguema, Somalia under Siad Barre.

"Somehow" they all fucked up. The only African country where actually corporate mining interests are in control is Botswana, which is basically ruled by De Beers.

And guess what, it's the best country in Africa.
>>
Tribal African culture + euro political structures=chaos. It's like being mad at your fish for not being able to climb a tree.
>>
>>721780
One guy in Congo does not represent all of Africa.
>>
>>721743
rwanda happened between genetically identical people, who had always only lived a river away from each other, who spoke the same language.

has nothing to do with tribal borders, you idiot.

is europe to blame for not carving africa up into, and establishing joint relations with,, and enforcing the sovereignty of 20,000 different african villages?
>>
>>721780
>We did not know how to
Because you colonial masters never thought you how
>>
>>721827
They were doing exactly that when they demanded immediate independence.
>>
Genetics=/=culture. Dipshits are everywhere.
>>
>>721597
Nah, tell them how much better taiwan did compared to them.
>>
>>721597
You really don't know what you're talking about do you?
>>
>ctrl+f malthusian trap
>phrase not found
>>
>>720568
>destruction/decay of infrastructure is good if it was used by whitey
k den
>>
>>720515
yes, but done so poorly it ended up backfiring and fucking all the negros in the ass...
if the whites explored them all, in the end they usually left some crumbles; but once they got expelled and warlords took control it was even worse for the common person living under their rule.

also, from what i've learned the african colonies that portugal had were no longer profitable when the last battles started during salazar's regime and were mostly kept as fancy hat to use in the empires-only meetings (in which mussolini wanted to enter so badly) but i can assure that after all that apartheid shit things didn't go very well and the main plate for dinner was more violence and war for everyone when before that it was mostly exploitation
>>
>>721743
Yes, the white devil invented war!
>>
>>722147
He did develop a lot of it, yeah.
>>
Why China is the only multicultural state (for now) that keeps in one peace? Communism/Fascism?
>>
>>722157
>being this retarded
>>
>>720639
autism
>>
>>722180
It is true though, before the white devil they fought with sticks, not AK's.
>>
File: 1446076652640.jpg (39 KB, 599x389) Image search: [Google]
1446076652640.jpg
39 KB, 599x389
>>
>>722187
Yes, the chinese invented the gunpowder to make pretty fireworks, and some gaijin flew it back to europe - over the eversopeaceful middle east - on his giant bat, which was offered to piggu the 1st by lucifer himself, so the white devil could wage war to the rest of the world, which was basically disneyland.

>mfw this board is becoming reddit 2.0

I know some white people have done some fucked up shit, but it's not like the other colors were carebears. It's fucking human nature to fight and conquer territory, get over yourself a lot of humans are shit whatever the color of their skin
>>
>>722209
I was just kidding, do you actually think I believe the white devil brought war and ruin to the continent?
>>
>>722209
>Falling for that bait
>Using human nature to strengthen an opinon

k
>>
>>722171
>minority have their identity protected by govt (while their way of life is not so much protected)
>biggest minority group not even 0.1% of Han population
>>
>>721373
>such as almost all of the iq tests done since the late 80s.
Such as?
>there's no evidence of large scale agriculture
But that;s wrong.

Only the pygmies and khoisan relied on hunting.

Everyone else farmed and herded. This is common knowledge.

>funny, because those "smart ones" from the coast are the ones that ended up on the slave ships.
I didn't imply they were particularly intelligent or dumb.

And if being enslaved disqualifies one from average intelligence then all northern and eastern europeans are idiots.
>>
>>722231
I did't say being enslaved disqualified one from intelligence. where the fuck is your reading comprehension.

the "nigerians" that you say are so smart are from the western coast. the slaves coming out of ghana which poured into america and the caribbean are all of the same genetic stock as your smart nigerians.

so why can't they read dr. seuss?
>>
>>722171
>China
>multicultural
It's like 95% Han Chinese
>>
File: 1412974688906.png (108 KB, 400x381) Image search: [Google]
1412974688906.png
108 KB, 400x381
>>722243
You're implying I said nigerians are particularly smart people because your reading comprehension is abysmal.

>the "nigerians" that you say are so smart are from the western coast
Nigerians occupy three zones from the coast to the edge of the desert.

>the slaves coming out of ghana which poured into america and the caribbean are all of the same genetic stock as your smart nigerians.
Not really, Twi speaking peoples and their neighbors in the Ivory Coast cluster more closely with each other than they do with eastern Kwa speakers.

And what does that have to do with anything? Northern and Eastern europeans were enslaved on a colossal scale for most of history by mediterranean cultures.

>so why can't they read dr. seuss?
...I think we're done here
>>
>>722253
you keep shifting the goalposts.

you quoted researchers (but not the research, tellingly) saying that the iq gap was closing, but you refused to identify the pathway of action.

we know the genetic pathway for iq. I doubt anyone has idenified HOW africans are getting smarter, though we have definitive genetic evidence for why their current iq levels are what they are.

so after you refuse to identify the pathway, you say "smart blacks exist here" then continue to say "oh, but not all the others in teh country. oh, and also not the ones related to them in 1st world conditions, who still have low iqs. they exist somewhere, but I can't tell you right now where they are."

I said it before and I'll say it again. being enslaved doesn't make you dumb. but being in a 1st world country, from a genetic stock that is smarter than average foryour basal population, and STILL being dumb, probably does make you dumb. quit shifting the goalposts and twisting my words.
>>
>>721830
No not really.
African colonial education was a total meme.
>>
>>722209
>gaijin
>not gwailo
>>
>>722275
>we know the genetic pathway for iq
What are they just wondering?
>>
>>722203
I just googled the guy
One year after he became president he started sucking on Chinese dick like no tomorrow
He's just another populist
>>
>>721330
ethiopia got cambodia'd
>>
>>721818
The ethnic divisions in Rwanda were encouraged by the colonial government who thought Tutsis seemed more European-looking
>>
>>721330
What puts a lot of strain on them in modernity is having to babysit the Ogaden. They sort of need it as a buffer against Somalia, but the Somalis living there cause a lot more trouble than they're worth imo
>>
>>720639
It means that he's even more hardcore right-wing than you'll ever be
>>
>>720639
It means he is a moron.
>>
>>721730
Considering that WW1 and WW2 basically broke western civilization's stranglehold over the world, I wouldn't exactly argue those two wars as being anything close to glorious. Necessary, maybe, but ultimately what lead to "the west" becoming The United States (basically), and the point when mass global 3rd world movements began to dismantle the western colonial empires.
>>
>>722398
in no way did neighboring clans all over the world hate their immediate neighbors, all over the world, since the beginning of time. that never happened. the only cause of tribal warfare is when white men tell them to do so.

very cogent argument. you belong in a university.
>>
>>720515
Nigeria is doing a lot better with the Limeys gone bout the rest of nations are kind of bad
>>
>>722290
IQ doesn't have a genetic pathway that's like saying we know the genetic pathway for good SAT scores you fucking negro
>>
>>722637
I know that.
Just want to see what he comes up with.
>>
>>722637
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/12061787/Intelligence-genes-discovered-by-scientists.html

iq is a robust genetic trait, determined by about 10k gene sites. higher rates of mutation lower measurements of g by impacting the efficiency of the brain to operate.

it is parsimonious with all other genetic traits distributed along normal curves, including

1. beauty (facial symmetry is determined by the mutation rate)
2. height (deleterious mutations rendered nonfunctional decrease height, causing a normal distribution)
3. hormonal profiles
4. other mental attributes, such as depression, which is recognized as a spectrum disorder (e.g. determined by countless allele sites, where behavior is determined by the aggregate vector of alleles.)

this is why neurologists and psychologists agree that behavior and iq is at least 50% determined by genetics (no, it's not controversial) but they can't find a SINGLE gene. it's because normally distributed traits are normally distributed precisely because they have no single gene or crucial mutation which causes them.

let's look at non-normally distributed traits such as: downs syndrome, klinefelters syndrome, eye color. these traits aren't normally distributed because 1. they can't be measured. you can't measure downs syndrome and 2. because the SITE MUTATIONS for these traits have been discovered

to deny that the brain's function is genetic, you'd have to argue that something OTHER THAN genetics is what allows cells to function.

I could go on and on, but you probably won't listen. go ahead and give me your best.
>>
>>720753
>Angola
>freedom

And by the way, that hotel is not in "disrepair". The natives shot the shit out of it during the siege of huambo, part of their little 30 year civil war.

Hooray for freedoms and shiet
>>
>>722732
Just say Angolans.
Civil Wars are nasty and in particular that one was pretty fucked up in how much people it drew in from allover the world and the timeline of the war.
>>
File: Global-Income-Distribution-2008.png (365 KB, 3000x2100) Image search: [Google]
Global-Income-Distribution-2008.png
365 KB, 3000x2100
>>722637
you seem kind of dumb, so let me just drive it home

normal distributions are a function of scale. you would see a normal distribution in error margins, or other things such as expected temperatures, or melting points for ore, or impurities in ore.

there are some things which are not normally distributed. say, AP test scores. or illiteracy. in the former case, the AP test, the scores are not normally distributed (a bell curve, I just realized you might not know what it is) because it tests trained knowledge. in the latter, illiteracy, it is caused by poverty. poverty is also not normally distributed, and neither are incomes.

and despite income distributions, or poverty in particular, looking like the graph in my pic, what's funny is that IQ does NOT follow the income distribution. IQ does NOT follow the distribution of availability of schools.

IQ follows a PERFECTLY NORMAL distribution. there is no fat left tail. so being poor doesn't make your iq lower, and being super rich doesn't make you iq way higher because of "quality schools, or opportunity."

iq isn't tied to income, AT ALL. because it's a genetic trait, whose pathways lay in the SCALE of the number of alleles that cause it. it's been documented by gigantic gene sequencers with hundreds of thousands of samples from populations worldwide. every single culture, every single country, has a normally distributed IQ, whether they're starving, or rich. every. single. one.
>>
>>722751
addendum: another way for an idiot with no schooling to think about it is that if low income made you iq low, MOST people would have a below average IQ. IQ would have a higher mean and a lower median, just like income. but that's not the case.

it is perfectly, perfectly, normally distributed.
>>
>>720570
If they had been allowed to naturally transition out of their colonies over a century or so, Africa wouldn't be a shithole like it is now.
>>
>>722755
I don't disagree with you, but could I have a diagram of the IQ distribution that you're referring to?
>>
>>721522
Botswana is looking ok. Except for the rampant HIV.
>>
>>722768
But they had ages to do so.
Belgium had Congo for 50 years and they only got like 19 college graduates.
19 FUCKING GRADUATES compared to the much larger but still small university educated Africans other colonies had.

Thing is raising a colony to be on par with your own country is a shitty idea because all the money, infrastructure, budget from your own fucking coffers that is spent on that instead of your own fucking people in Europe (and say goodbye to welfare or anythign of the sort) is wasted on a colony that will go indepndant which will then take all that stuff and will only return a "thanks for the stuff, we'll take it from here"

It's like taking care of your wife's kids from an affair ffs. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? Raising kids is expensive as fuck (as is maintaining a colony even with a poor bare minimum budget) so know you are adding another mouth to feed?
>>
File: 700px-IQ_and_Global_Inequality.gif (26 KB, 700x520) Image search: [Google]
700px-IQ_and_Global_Inequality.gif
26 KB, 700x520
>>722775
the black line here was added by me. it represents what the iq distribution for blacks would look like if income and quality schools was causative of low iq, as the VAST majority of blacks don't have access to quality schools, and the VAST majority of african blacks live in crushing poverty.

the hump in the middle represents the minority of blacks who have made it to the first world, either america, or europe, whose iqs should magically rise by 30 points upon gaining access to schools, food, etc, in the iq is magic scenario.

yet for some reason the iq distribution decides to ignore the crushing poverty and lack of schools. it does so because it is a normally distributed genetic variable that doesn't care about schools or poverty.
>>
>>722822
Then do your own lines for Asians and Whites and Hispanics too.

I want to see how it would turn out for them
>>
>>722822
btw the asian IQ average is representative of mostly china, the vast majority of whom grew up in crushing poverty, without access to quality schools.

during the cultural revolution, people starved to death, ate children, and adolescents hacked their parents to death with machetes.

they still have higher iqs than whites.
>>
>>722825
the theoretical line shape for blacks should apply to asians and hispanics as well. as the vast majority of them are also impoverished. they would be slightly shifted to the right is all. that is, slightly less poverty than africa, but still lots of poverty, and still lower iqs.

but the fact of that matter is that's not what the iq dist looks like. it looks like the colored lines. with asians growing up in poverty still having high iqs.
>>
>>722750
I'm Portuguese. Those worthless idiots will always be the natives to me. First they fight for independence and then come crying their crocodile tears for aid.

The true Angolans, of Portuguese Angola, black and white alike, fled the territory here in 1975. Those that remained were but traitors and the dregs of society, who immediatly set about destroying 500 years of civlisational legacy and plundering the country for it's natural wealth, these being the only endeavours in which they succeeded.
>>
>>722822
interesting. the black curve is sharp.
IQ seems more stable in the black population.

What if we racemix the blacks with chinese people. Would it flatten the curve or smarten the blacks?
>>
>>722833
They are still Angolans though and none of your butthurt can stop that.
>>
File: whites.gif (28 KB, 700x520) Image search: [Google]
whites.gif
28 KB, 700x520
>>722825
sorry, your whites request is reasonable though. because of the properties of distributions, when I said the difference between mean and median properties?

well if income caused iq, there are still MORE poor whites than rich whites, which would make the mean iq lower than the median iq.

this is (roughly) what that would look like, following whites, most of whom grow up in 1st world countries (but keep in mind EVEN INSIDE 1st world countries there are more low income people than rich ones.)

but even for whites, in these statistics, we see that iq is normally distributed.

whtie are represented by pink on the line
>>
>>722826
Then what caused the breakthrough for Asians that didn't happen for Africans?
>>
>>722843
What they are is shit, and my butthurt is everyday abated by the knowledge that they are still, and will continue to, pay for their stupidity.
>>
>>722835
I didn't read the methodology for this particular chart (most of them are roughly the same) if there is clustering in the middle, it is almost certainly because of high numbers of outliers which can't be considered reliable data, either because of say, a violent individual who refuses to comply with data, or because large amounts of the population are inaccessible in the forest, and we cannot reach them.

if we racemix blacks and chinese, like all normally distributed variables, a new average will emerge exactly in the middle. a hybrid would be less intelligent than a chinese, but more than a black. there have been studies addressed to this specific question.
>>
>>722848
what breakthrough? the asians didn't have a breakthrough. they have a higher iq, and always have, for the reasons I specified above
>>
>>722843
And no, they are not Angolans. That is the major problem with Africa, you see. Angola was a Portuguese creation, completely artificial. These are countries that are in the (slow, so very slow) process of becoming nations, just as it happened troughout the centuries in Europe and Asia. They might become Angolans one day, but right now, Angoland they are not. They are tribal natives.

I say they are idiots because instead of going trough this painful and long transition, they could have chosen to become Portuguese instead. Indeed, the smart ones did so, quite successfully.
>>
>>722850
Lol The Angolan civil war stopped years ago and your fellow countryman and women are traveling to Angola in droves just to get a job since Portgotnojobs.

They bumped their literacy rate from 10% 1970 all the way to 71% in 46 years and at it's current growth it'll hit 90%+ at the same number of years it took Portugal and Malta

>>722863
They are Angolans boy.
>>
>>722863
>>722863

You remind me of that Afrikaner who bitched that the Anglo South Africans weren't real Africans because they weren't in Africa long enough, they weren't molded by the continent through generations of surviving and thriving while to the Black Saffer he was like "no no Blacks aren't South Africans because they did not mold the nation at all".
>>
>>722171
>USA
>Russia
>India
>Brazil
>Indonesia
>South Africa
>Spain
>United Kingdom
>>
>>722889
that's not exactly a stellar list of countries m8

US is the murder capital of the 1st world

2 more have had genocides within the last 20 years.

brazil is one of the gun murder capitals of the whole world. south africa is the rape capital of the world.

russia had one of the largest famines in all of human history. spain is one of the poorest countries in europe.

india doesn't even have plumbing for 70% of the people liviing in it.

the only one that comes out unscathed is the UK, but I still gotta say

"get a life, bin that knife"
>>
>>722900
>rape capital of the world.

That is the shittiest stats in the world.
Rape is defined and counted differently in each state.

One place 5 guys rape a gal it's 5 charges, the other it's 1 charge others penetration has to be done for it to be rape and others it's the attempt at forced sex regardless of success.
>>
>>722900
And China has massive pollution problems, a huge record of human rights abuses, and an economic system that's doomed to collapse is a few years. What's your point?
>>
>>722915
In most muslim countries it's not rape as long you're married.
>>
>>722915
south africa is also one of the murder capitals of the world. in a world of flawed crime statistics, I am sure there is yet still some consistency between the number of people who will shoot you in the head for your wallet, and who will hold a knife to your throat to rape you.

if it's just my imagination, you are of course, free to wander soweto alone at night.

>>722918
the difference being of course, that in the case of south africa, or the USA, their problems are caused precisely BECAUSE they're multicultural. which would tend to show the idea that multiculturalism fixes problems is wrong.

in the case of china, its problems are independent of the fact that it's multicultural.

multiculturalism is directly causative of race riots and genocide in indonesia, for example. monoculturalism, for example, has NOTHING to do with pollution levels.

were you people educated in a box, to be this dense?
>>
>>722937
It's Caracas that is the murder capital. South America dominates the murder stats.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_by_murder_rate

Also a fuckton of American/Saffer issues are by class and regionalism and government. Saying it's solely due to race is fucking silly. Not everything is due to race in America or South Africa.
>>
Decolonization entailed places that had been colonized by Europeans ending up under the thumb of American or Soviet backed warlords
>>
>>722874
You obviously haven't kept up with the news. Their economy is collapsing. Surprise!

They are retards, little girl.
>>
>>722884
The Afrikaners are a bunch of quasi nazis, just like every racist moron coming from northern and central europe. Do not compare me to those people.

They are still there tough...
>>
>>724127
yeah, those northern europeans are so mean, with their universal healthcare, affirmative action, no prison for minorities, understandingworkshops, free housing, education, jobtraining, 50% taxes to pay for migrants.

how awful, it's almost a gas chamber up there
>>
>>720842
Yes, it could. Instead of armies, agreements. Instead of protectionism, free trade. Instead of expropriation, cooperation. Instead of servitude, citizenship.

That would work.

Now, parasitize a continent, loot their citizens, create market reserves, and establish governments whose sole function is the ruin and serfdom of its taxpayers, and worse, exporting small colonial elites full of idiotic socialist ideas in the head,

is the formula of failure.

>>721126
>china seemed to decolonize fine.

China experienced an extremely soft colonialism. And the results could not be worse. Civil war, millions dead, and to close with a flourish, the most brutal and insane communist regime devised by man.
>>
>>724111
Everyone's and so is Portugals too.
>>
>>721973
its not infrastructure, its a hotel. if your example was something else that would be valid, but it isn't
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 500x497) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 500x497
Why should we give Apefrica back to idiots but Turks don't have to give back Constantinople? Etc etc.

Just anti-White shit to be honest
>>
File: 1453588648712.png (50 KB, 1631x1571) Image search: [Google]
1453588648712.png
50 KB, 1631x1571
>>725709

>mfw drowning rabbits
>>
>>725709
Istanbul is not a colony you fuckwit.
Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.