[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rhodesia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 12
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 359x409) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 359x409
/his/
Why did the west let Mugabe destroy Rhoedesia?
>I wish we could bring back that country
>>
How's /pol/ been? I haven't been there since I was in highschool.
>>
>>720115
>If I don't like it I send it to /pol/
Go back to R-eddit faggot
>>
>>720119
I was just asking an innocent question. No need to get defensive.
>>
Why would they support a remnant of colonization in the era of decolonization? Rhodesia was destined to collapse, you can't run a country when the majority of the citizens hate your guts.

inb4 hundreds of infographics explaining how Rhodesia was literally paradise on Earth with the most advanced hospitals and schools in the entire world

Get the fuck back to /pol/ or Stormfront you flaming faggot, if your interest in history goes no further than Nazi Germany, South Africa, or Rhodesia, you need to fuck off with your meme history. Stop parading your "history" as genuine interest in historical discussion when all you want is a thread for race-baiting about contemporary politics.
>>
File: consider.jpg (16 KB, 300x226) Image search: [Google]
consider.jpg
16 KB, 300x226
>>720100
It wasn't the fact that the West "let Rhodesia fall." The Rhodesian Bush War was a cluster fuck of intersecting politics. The several levels of politics behind Rhodesia in general made it hard for western countries to actually pick a side to support.

You had the RF and RAP which defied the original election ad started the UDI. Although primarily Capitalistic in nature had a very authoritarian view of government and with WW II still fresh in Western minds... it wasn't too appealing to support a potential fascist state.

You had Magube's ZANU who had very similar views to Marxism and other shit tier communistic style governments, which at the general height of the Cold War would not have boded well to support.

You had a bunch of minor small tribes trying to grab power where it could and also the shit storms that were happening near by as well.

In the end the west looked at this crock pot of "whole sale Tom Fuckery" and left it alone because any more commitment of forces could lead to losing political face in the world sphere. Also the natural resources of the area at the time was not worth the pain in the dick to try and secure.

Portugal definitely had to leave especially after it lost its colony near by.

There were multiple reasons as to why Rhodesia fell and most of them were political face reasons.

They did not want to support an

>Authoritarian
>Potentially Hugely Racist
>Potentially little trade value

plot of land near southern Africa. Sure one could argue that keeping Rhodesia afloat may have been a betterment for Africa by creating a first world level nation that supplied a very discipline military, adequate education, health services, food production resources, natural mineral deposits, ect. but during those years Vietnam, Middle East, Central America, and Ukraine held higher risk reward value to bother with a Backwater plot of land within the southern reaches of Africa.
>>
>divert funds from other areas to provide universal free education for blacks
>give the Zanu and Zapu leaders provisions to set up their own alternative schools to teach Marxism if they like, appear not to be forcing western ideas on blacks
>mandate a food tax on white farmers to create stores to be shared among the black population in times of need or as social gifts
>make secret deals with ZANU and ZAPU leaders to let them distribute this food, use military coercion to assure they don't abuse it
there I just saved rhodesia from collapsing
>>
I like to think the west should of supported a white minority ruled, developing state that acted effectively as a breadbasket for southern Africa.
Because with support, Rhodesia could maybe become increasingly democratic and less racist over time, it's standards would improve and as it integrated properly into the international political sphere.

Instead the west did nothing and watched a war followed by the creation of a pseudo-commie dictatorship with no development and immense food insecurity.
Just to avoid short term accusations of supporting a racist regime. Idiots.
>>
>>720115
>>720215
>Try to discuss history
>"RASIST GO BACK TO LE /POL/ XDDD"
Great contributions guys! We'll make sure to avoid all historical events that can trigger your gentle souls
>>
>>720100
Why would anybody want to support racist 1984-lite in the middle of Africa? So some fat-ass stormnigger can cream his pants over them still being a thing 40 years later?
>>
>>720366
Dubs speak the truth.
>>
File: Where is the proofs.png (60 KB, 860x650) Image search: [Google]
Where is the proofs.png
60 KB, 860x650
>>720366
>that acted effectively as a breadbasket for southern Africa
>>
>>720100
Because the UK was not going to let a child run away like it did, you think one can just split from the British Empire and get away with it?
>>
>>720100

The Civil Rights movement was in full swing in the US by the time of the second chimurenga, and the US could not overtly support a white minority-ruled state that denied basic liberties to the overwhelming majority of its population and still pretend to be on the side of democracy.
>>
Thread twist: the situation for innocent white farmers/white citizens in general is heating up again. They're facing racist threats and violence. Yet no media outlet, not one politician has called for accepting South African and Zimbabwean refugees to be re-settled in Europe. Are we going to be on the wrong side of history when people realize that we took foreign refugees from hostile regions of the middle East rather than people facing real and present persecution, who actually have some sort of ethnic link to Europe?

Why aren't we doing something about this? It's not like any of the people who will end up victims had anything to do with apartheid.
>>
>>720607
>Yet no media outlet,
Yes just like when there is no media outlet when Boko Haram massacres another village.
>not one politician has called for accepting South African and Zimbabwean refugees to be re-settled in Europe
Have they been seeking? Because they can't accept if nobody is seeking.
>>
>>720301
>divert funds from other areas to provide universal free education for blacks

Too much money. It's known that they couldn't do that and the white population retain it's standards.

Also you think white farmers would take a tax from their profits? It's been known that certain groups with power in Rhodesia threw a bitch fit if the government threw a bone to the black population or anything resembling cutbacks into their entitlements.

White labour groups forced the government to shutdown a government run labour school for blacks (as a test run) because they felt threatened by black labour killing their wages or stealing jobs despite the whole "if black semi skilled labour is a threat to your livelyhood perhaps obtain more training or schooling that is funded by your generous government and actually be more competitive"?

Not to mention it's near SA which wields a fuckton of power and without sanctions on both would heavily encroach Rhodesia and essentially own it.
>>
No one gives a shit about Rhodesia.
>>
>>720100
>Why did the west let Mugabe destroy Rhoedesia?

Because two world wars killed most of the real men in the west, leaving behind a majority of cowards that assumed roles in government decision making, that acquiesced to feminist, and self destructive agendas.
>>
>>720663
What's the point of real men if they can't even keep themselves from going extinct?
>>
>>720632
>"if black semi skilled labour is a threat to your livelyhood perhaps obtain more training or schooling that is funded by your generous government and actually be more competitive"?
I don't know shit about Rhodesia, but this is a shit argument that gets commonly spammed by leftards. The answer is no, you generally can't actually obtain more training and schooling if you also have to work for a living. And regardless, there's such a thing as availability of skilled jobs not being anywhere near high enough to absorb all the upgrading semi-skilled workers. Not to mention that unless you're a 100% export based country, killing your internal market by enabling the substitution of your decently moneyed lower class with a horde of dejected poors is literal economic suicide. A run to the bottom helps no one, not even the businesses long term.
>>
>>720663
Yes just like all the real Viking men went out to raid while the cowardly betas stayed at home right?
>>
>>720663
edgy boi

>>720100
The West was in no position to actually support a white minority rule. In the global struggle against communism america was in no position to jeopardize its appeal to third world nations. Actually supporting a white minority rule would have delievered moscow exactly the arguments it needed. Even the support of the french effort to keep indochina under the joke was damaging enough. It is a whole other question if the constant bickering about third world nation was useful or necessary but in the mindset of the time america was in no position to legitimize moscow´s anty imperialist rhetoric.

Appart from obvious and moral reasons of course.
>>
>>720675

It just takes time to replenish the stock, anon.
>>
>>720700
eunuch
>>
>>720711
This is /his/ please just spare people your half cooked cucktard theories.
>>
>>720624
Oh buddy we certainly heard all about boko haram's antics. Nice attempt and trying to distract from the issue and failing.

They've been seeking for decades. A lot of Western nations won't accept the legitimacy of their refugee status because they don't want to be labelled racist sympathizers of apartheid.
>>
>>720215
Actually it's a valid question, the history of Zim is complicated and interesting. Look up Zimbabwe "how to destroy a nation", pretty nice article from the Atlantic.
>>
>>720732
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn2fbnVk3bA

There is your Rhoedesia asylum seeker, accept them now.
>>
>>720468
>Stop parading your "history" as genuine interest in historical discussion when all you want is a thread for race-baiting about contemporary politics.

Read my fucking post you insecure faggot, if you want a race baiting thread then post truthfully like a real man. If you hate niggers, let's talk about it, you don't have to use such an underhanded way to do so.

For all the complaining about Jews you faggots do, you sure love to emulate their supposed tactics.
>>
>>720301
>more gibsmedats for blacks
>saving them

They don't have enough resources unless they rely on white farmers to make them. A welfare state of blacks cannot exist without whites working to support it.
>>
>>720745
Why would he be seeking asylum? Zimbabwe is black ruled now and has a black majority, doesn't that mean it should be a paradise for blacks, made by blacks for blacks? Or has the short period of colonialism, a blink of an eye on their historical timeline, really crippled them so much? How does that explain other areas of Africa that have not been touched by colonialism at all being in the same sort of situation? The same lack of resources, despite resources being so abundant the evil Westerners invest so much time and effort in stealing them?
>>
File: Scramble-for-Africa-1880-1913.png (145 KB, 2311x1142) Image search: [Google]
Scramble-for-Africa-1880-1913.png
145 KB, 2311x1142
>>720765
>How does that explain other areas of Africa that have not been touched by colonialism at all being in the same sort of situation
Are you here for a serious discussion or some /pol/ tier shit posting?
>>
>>720783
That shows arbitrarily claimed lands. Are you suggesting that the European powers ruled over every tribe in every remote area of the entire African continent, let alone set foot there? I guess we wuz magic.
>>
a potentially interesting topic ruined by autists who bring it up again as soon as their ban expires
>>
>people use the word 'racist' unironically

Pathetic to be honest, family
>>
>>720884
u seem upset
>>
>>720100
the rhodesians couldn't stop being racist cunts and making any kind of alliance between whites and moderate blacks an impossibility, they were kind of like /pol/tards
>>
>>720897
The Rhodesians had many black citizens in the army, the majority of their armed forces in fact. It wasn't "muh racism" that led to factions rising up against them. The factions simply wanted control, as it always goes in Africa. It was just tribal warfare with an excuse that fits the narrative.
>>
>>720689
It just showed how weak Rhodesia was in educating it's black majority and one if the many reasons franchisement requirements are a joke.
>>
File: image.jpg (536 KB, 1640x2683) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
536 KB, 1640x2683
Apartheid Rhodesia is leagues ahead of Mugadindubae's Zimbabwe

They had the right idea with apartheid
>>
It would be too racist to stop black people from taking their course.
>>
>>723026
It would've failed overtime due to growing dissent or pure instability of the system.
>>
>>723054
Civil war with out merchant help would solve dissenters

I.e. Operation Dingo/Eland

Sometimes you just got to clear niggers out en masse
>>
File: tumblr_m3949wM96w1qewacoo1_500.jpg (184 KB, 499x438) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m3949wM96w1qewacoo1_500.jpg
184 KB, 499x438
So how does tourism to Zimbabwe look? Is there anything like a designated white/Rhodesian place that specialize in aiding whitey with a better trip?
>>
File: Mugabe_2834051b.jpg (71 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
Mugabe_2834051b.jpg
71 KB, 620x387
>>720100
>Why did the west let Mugabe destroy Rhoedesia?

"""""""""human""""""""" rights.
>>
>>721405
In their bid to maintain special voting rights for whites they eliminated the possibility of international support. Their war against the Ndelebe and attempted assassination of Nkomo pushed them into siding with the Shona and Mugabe. Even near the end of the war they would not allow universal democracy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internal_Settlement
>>
>>723211
>"""""""""human""""""""" rights.
""""""rights""""""
>>
>>720247
>Portugal definitely had to leave especially after it lost its colony near by.

Portugal didn't lose a colony nearby.

There was a coup in Lisbon by army captains which overthrew the increasingly unpopular Novo Estado government. The people of Portugal were sick of the colonial war and didn't think it was worth the money or their son's lives to hold on to the three territories in Africa.

>There were multiple reasons as to why Rhodesia fell and most of them were political face reasons.
>They did not want to support an
>>Authoritarian
>>Potentially Hugely Racist
>>Potentially little trade value

Britain, Rhodesia's biggest enemy, didn't merely not wish to support Rhodesia. Successive British governments did everything they could to destroy Rhodesia.
>>
>>720301
>>give the Zanu and Zapu leaders provisions to set up their own alternative schools to teach Marxism if they like, appear not to be forcing western ideas on blacks

Letting ZANU and ZAPU do anything in the country would have been a horrible idea. Mugabe and Nkomo were terrorist warlords. They would just use the schools as a platform to terrorize the local populations and build their armies.
>>
>>720366
>Because with support, Rhodesia could maybe become increasingly democratic and less racist over time, it's standards would improve and as it integrated properly into the international political sphere.

Integrating the blacks into Rhodesian society was built into the constitution they adopted.

>Instead the west did nothing and watched a war followed by the creation of a pseudo-commie dictatorship with no development and immense food insecurity.

They didn't just watch. They set up embargoes and multiple diplomatic missions to force Rhodesia to its knees. Rhodesia had no greater enemy than Britain.
>>
>>720526
>Why would anybody want to support racist 1984-lite in the middle of Africa? So some fat-ass stormnigger can cream his pants over them still being a thing 40 years later?

To stop yet another Marxist dictatorship from being set up in Africa. Tell me bitch, is Zimbabwe a better place than Rhodesia was? How much food do they have there now?
>>
File: 1445853823406.png (13 KB, 555x407) Image search: [Google]
1445853823406.png
13 KB, 555x407
Imagine what it could've been if all of the western nations didn't immediately sanction it.
>>
>>720897
>the rhodesians couldn't stop being racist cunts and making any kind of alliance between whites and moderate blacks an impossibility, they were kind of like /pol/tards

Wrong.

In 1975, Ian Douglas Smith agreed to a compromise during the Lancaster House meeting. He set up new elections and supported the black, moderate bishop Muzorewa. Muzorewa became Prime Minister.

Then Britain and America convinced Murozewa to let terrorist leaders Mugabe and Nkomo back into the country so they could run for office. He did this and lost the next election. Mugabe and Nkomo used violence and voter intimidation to secure the vote of their tribes. The Shona being the majority, Mugabe won. Some years later, during another round of elections, the Ndebele voters were repressed during the Matabeleland massacres.
>>
>>723330
>In 1975, Ian Douglas Smith agreed to a compromise during the Lancaster House meeting

Scratch that I remembered wrong. Lancaster House was later. That was a different negotiation.
>>
>>723266
>In their bid to maintain special voting rights for whites they eliminated the possibility of international support.

It wasn't special voting rights for Whites. White people who didn't fit the standard for suffrage would be left out too.

They already had seats reserved for Black politicians.
>>
The last 36 years proves Ian Douglas Smith right.
>>
File: 1425124382726.png (283 KB, 623x469) Image search: [Google]
1425124382726.png
283 KB, 623x469
>>720746
How nice of you to immediately think I'm some racist fuck for trying to have a genuine discussion about Rhodesia. I despise /pol/ and all the 16 year olds posting "le jooz xDD" but you are pretty much just as bad for shitting up a thread with accusations.
I read your fucking post but it does not serve as an excuse to avoid topics simply because you assume everyone is race baiting.

I don't even know why I respond to this low quality bait
>>
File: 1454932900023.jpg (38 KB, 540x677) Image search: [Google]
1454932900023.jpg
38 KB, 540x677
>>720115
I can smell that pink hair dye from here
>>
File: polacks.png (249 KB, 713x656) Image search: [Google]
polacks.png
249 KB, 713x656
>>720119
>triggered the /pol/ack
>>
>>723454
that's just your bull's plaything reapplying her dye.
>>
>>723211
Mugabe looks gay.
>>
>>720100
Fuck off with your ideological agenda
>>
>>720215
Honestly just shut up. I actually am from Zimbabwe, I am from a farm over there . By the time I was born, the country was a legit shit hole. I remember when my parents couldn't even buy food on the shelves. I live in South Africa now, but my dad and grandfather still reminisce about Rhodesia.
By the time I was born:
>the currency was absolute trash
>blacks had cut down a huge amount of forest and had poached an equally large amount of animals
>most roads had potholes and were in total disrepair

Fuck even my aunt died over there from a lack of Healthcare . She had cancer and the underqualified black doctor misdiagnosed her.

I don't care if you eurocucks call me racist, go right ahead. I've lived in Africa all my life, and let me tell you, everything that the blacks touch turns to ashes.
>>
>>724226
>a racist white rhodesian
How surprising.
>>
>>724246
There is nothing wrong with being racist, especially after you've witnessed blacks take your country and turn it into absolute trash.

As I mentioned, I live in South Africa now. I have had 2 home invasions over the course of my lifetime, and not too long ago my neighbour was shot to death in his home.

Just this week, black students at the University of Cape Town campus have been burning white art, smashing statues and defacing war memorials. (search #shackville on Twitter)
>>
>>720100
Well memed, OP.

Meme Country numbah 1 mah nigga! Rhodesia, WE WUZ INDIEPENDANZ!
>>
>>720247
>with WW II still fresh in Western minds... it wasn't too appealing to support a potential fascist state.
Didn't prevent them from supporting fascist dictators elsewhere.
>>
>>724246
I honestly believe a white rhodesian who has lived in Africa his entire life over some euro apologist.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 960x422) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 960x422
>>724555
>i believe a le personal blog post on 4chan
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.