[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If the pope has so much faith in God, why would he need to get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4
File: images-2.jpg (11 KB, 279x180) Image search: [Google]
images-2.jpg
11 KB, 279x180
If the pope has so much faith in God, why would he need to get around in his bullet prrof pope mobile?
>>
>>717476

Christians are followers of a way most chodely. They feel a need to compensate for their shriveled, useless dicks.
>>
>>717476
block out the haters
>>
>>717476
Practical necessity. Also, God doesn't usually reach down and stop someone from dying.

The most important Pope died crucified upside down. Most of our saints of the early era died horribly. The apostles all carried swords, why not take practical steps to not die?
>>
>>717476
You ever hear the story about the guy who sits on his roof during a flood because "God will save me"? Guy turns down a truck, a boat, and a helicopter, then dies. When he sees God, he asks God why he didn't get saved from the flood. God says "I sent you a truck, a boat, and a helicopter". What more do you want?
>>
>>717494
But by doing this he's showing a lack in faith, and even if he was to die he shouldn't have anything to worry about, right? I mean he's the pope after all.
>>
>>717519
>But by doing this he's showing a lack in faith

Don't buckle up next time you drive or you're showing a lack of faith.
>>
>>717529
How do you know anon professes faith?
>>
>>717529
I'm not talking about me, I'm talking about the pope.
>>
The armor isn't to protect him, that's his limiter. Without it he would risk vaporizing the people with his Chi.
>>
He's Latin American.

The glass is to keep him from shooting anyone.
>>
>>717547
Trying to prevent your death isn't a bad thing, nor is it about a lack of faith. The Pope doesn't need to live on the edge to show faith.
>>
>>717566
You can't be the spokesman for a saposed God and then get around in a bullet proof bubble. Its contradictory.
>>
>>717582
There is no connection there.
It is like saying you can't drink coke and like the color purple.
Why doesn't the Pope just shoot himself? You know, if God is real he would save him.
>>
>>717476
He has faith in god. Not in people I'm assuming.
>>
>>717582
That doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>717566
Jesus didn't run when he knew he knew he was going to get crucified.

Then why is the guy who represents, father son and holy spirit teying to prevent assassination?
>>
>>717598
Because we don't expect people to literally be Jesus and die for us.
>>
>>717598
Because he is not Jesus?
>>
>>717598
Because he represents them, he is not them.
Do you think the press manager at football team has to get on the field and play? Is the press secretary at the white house also the president?
>>
File: fedora.jpg (86 KB, 766x498) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
86 KB, 766x498
>>717476
nothing in christianity says god will protect you from assassins
>>
>>717601
That and there's a difference between being a martyr and being a circumcellion.
>>
Come on now I'm mad at the pope for being a dumbass with Trump but this is an awful thread OP
>>
Why do humans have instinct of self-preservation guys?
>>
God stopped helping people after resurection, nows it just judging.

This is cannon in every form of christianity.
>>
>>717641
Not really. Catholics still believe in miracles strongly, and I can't speak for the Orthodox but I would imagine they do too.

The difference here is, we don't expect miracles to happen.
>>
>>717663
In fact, expecting miracles to happen is kinda sinful. It's tempting God
>>
>>717663
This, we still do believe in miracles, after all, you need two confirmed miracles to canonize a saint, and we are still doing it, so miracles have to still happen.
>>
>>717519
It's along the same lines of those islamic types praising Allah for shielding them while keeping under cover to avoid the next drone/air strike.
>>
So anyone who puts faith in a god or whatever should just throw caution to the wind?

I have faith that my friends and family will always be there for me and i derive strength from that knowledge. doesn't mean that they are going to stop a bullet for me.
>>
>>717476
Luke 4:9-12
>>
>>717476
The papa mobile was introduced after assassination attempt in 1980's.
>>
>>717554
You mean his Chi Rho, surely?
>>
>>717476
if he didn't we'd quickly run out of popes desu
>>
>>717513
/thread
>>
>>717476
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/06/14/world/europe/pope-francis-interview-popemobile/

It's not bulletproof you dolt.
>>
>>717476

Suicide is a sin. Wilfuly neglecting your own safety with the knowledge that people want to kill you comes pretty close to suicide.
>>
>>717476
Why would God help those who don't help themselves?
>>
Even people who believe in God know in their hearts of hearts that he doesn't actually do anything.
The kind of Christian who truly relies on god dies out quickly, so it never becomes a major thing.
>>
>>717476
Once upon a time an islamic gommunist tried to kill John Paul II.
>>
He can believe in God but who knows if they are on one side and he secretly isn't agent of Satan.
>>
>>719867

this
>>
>>717519
>man is on his roof during a flood
>a man in a row boat comes up and says jump in I can save you
>the stranded man replies saying no thanks I have faith that God will save me
>soon after a motor boat comes up and he tells the man to get in
>the man says no thanks he has faith that God will save him
>then a helicopter shows up and tells him to get on
>the man declines and says that God will save him
>the water eventually rises and the man drowns
>when the man gets to heaven the man asks god why he didn't save him
>God replies saying he sent a row boat, a motor boat, and a helicopter what more could you ask for?>>717476
>>
File: 3462237w.jpg (36 KB, 450x610) Image search: [Google]
3462237w.jpg
36 KB, 450x610
Lest another fucking turk shoots him
>>
>>720125
I have already heard this before. Simply perfect explanation.
>>
>>717494

Daily reminder that Peter was never the pope, and never the bishop of Rome, but was murdered by Rome.
>>
>>717476
Good point. And he claims to be the "Vicar of Christ", or Jesus Christ Himself, on earth.

I doubt Jesus traveled with crossproof glass.
>>
>>720217
Then why did JP2 give credit to Mother Mary for saving him? Hmmmmmmm?
>>
>>717513
That makes a lot of sense, I've gotta admit.
>>
>>720490
Not really.

It's pretty dumb and so obviously bullshit that I wonder how people can fall for it.
>>
>>720238

Of course not.
Christ was a fucker who walked over the waters to not to pay the ferrymen. Do yo really think that he would pay for a full car?
Daddy´s donkey was enough for him.
>>
>>717476
Because John Paul II used up the miracle quota for at least a century.
>>
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 1366x768
>>721297
>>
>>717476
Free will.
>>
>>717476
The popemobile is donated and build by every country he sets foot in (they do not carry a fleet of popemobiles in the papal plane, which is pretty much a commercial plane).

So, which country would love to be blamed for not taking any necesary measures should a nutjob shoots the pope?
>>
Why does he need a bullet proof glass if, when, he dies, he would be sent to heaven? Isn't that a desirable outcome?
>>
>>724157
You aren't supposed to just toss your life away all willy-nilly.

And salvation applies to a lot of people, not just the Pope. There's no reason the Pope would be less careful than any of those people would be if they has many wackos gunning for them.
>>
>>724716
So good doesn't allow the Pope to be iun heaven if he does use bullet sheild?
>>
>>717476

Children of satan who follow a counterfeit religion protect their lives a lot because they're gonna have it coming to them, so obv the pope wears even flame resistant underpants, so why not a bulletproof pope mobile?
>>
Because he is illegitimate and a usurper, therefore not blessed by God. There have been no Pope on the Throne for 60 years now.
>>
>>720500
Actually it's the only way a good personal god can exist. Otherwise how do you explain any suffering at all, why doesn't god just preserve us from it?
>>
>>717476
Because I can't think of any Popes who claimed to be immortal.
>>
>>724920
Hey remember the part of the bible where Jesus lectures Satan on how you're not supposed to "tempt" god?
>>
>>724149
This, mostly.

No country wants to be remembered as the country the Pope got shot in, he's probably made to follow those protocols by the host country and wouldn't be able to forego the popemobile even if he wanted.
>>
>>717476
Because he doesn't have as much faith in men.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.