[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Rome a multicultural city by the time the empire came about?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 196x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 196x250
Was Rome a multicultural city by the time the empire came about? And by that I mean were there people from all over the empire that worked and possibly lived there? What happened when Rome fell? Was watching ROME and there are people of all different cultures and I was just wondering if this was forced diversity stuff or historical accurate.
>>
>>923744
>Was Rome a multicultural city by the time the empire came about?
>Roman republic controlled, besides Apennine peninsula, Gaul, Iberian peninsula, Balkan peninsula, parts of Anatolian peninsula, and a huge chunk of north Africa

gee, I fucking wonder...
>>
>>923818
Relax there newfriend no need to be harsh.

Yes OP it was very diverse and culturally rich.
>>
>>923744
>Was Rome a multicultural city by the time the empire came about? And by that I mean were there people from all over the empire that worked and possibly lived there?
Yes, but multicultural in the sense that there were shitloads of foreigners living there, not in the sense that every culture was equally respected. If you're not a citizen, you're shit.
>What happened when Rome fell?
Rome didn't fall in a day. When the city stopped being the main commercial and political hub of the mediterranean, the foreign merchant communities left for new places. When the city was sacked, it lost hundreds of thousands of people.
>>
>>923920
Oh alright I think I get it, that's why there's no, say, people of Cyrenian descent in Britain, because when they pulled out they took all the slaves and shit with them?
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.