[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me Greek and Hittite history in short.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
Give me Greek and Hittite history in short.
>>
Greek Bronze age: Small Palace states. Populace give cows and shit to palace, palace gives protection.

Shit happens.

Dark Age: Shit goes dark, people make pots with geometric patterns. Homer and co start writing.

Classical: Persia invade twice, lose twice.
Nice period. Then the Eternal Corinthian and co stir shit and there's a big war amongst the city states, Sparta and co eventually win. Thebes does some shit. Phillip of Macedon does some conquering.

Hellenic: Alexander does some conquering. Alexander dies, Empire gets split up. Romans do some conquering, Hellenic Age over.
>>
>>908331

Hittites:
>Make Oath to Storm God never to defy the rightful King
>Conquer huge empire
>Break Oath
>Be kill
>>
>>908331
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cVfIJikiMI

This video is a little sensationalised and for some reason used Native Americans to play the Hittites (they were Europeans fresh off the steppe) but it covers the main points well.
>>
Greeks should have won at history desu
>>
>>908380
Pretty much this for Greek history. The Heroic Age is claimed somewhere there though(by Herodotus and others).
>>
>>908456
>>908380

The Heroic age is right at teh end of the bronze age, after the Mycenaeans conquered Crete and became literate ~1450BC but before the great Collapse of circa ~1200BC. The sack of Troy may even be dated to during the Collapse, tho it's usually placed just before.
>>
>>908468
Sounds correct.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.