[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Favorite Historical quotes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 13
here's mine

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
I shall either find a way or make one

-Hannibal
>>
>>705055
You're one large individual.

- Dr.Bane
>>
File: tumblr_mxq5y29p2u1rwjpnyo2_1280.jpg (240 KB, 734x1000) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mxq5y29p2u1rwjpnyo2_1280.jpg
240 KB, 734x1000
I
>>
>>705138
MUST
>>
>>705171
UNITE
>>
>>705195
THE GERMANIC PEOPLES UNDER ONE FLAG
>>
>>705209
Phooey.
>>
File: Sulla.jpg (3 MB, 2391x4250) Image search: [Google]
Sulla.jpg
3 MB, 2391x4250
No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full.

-Lucius Cornelius Sulla Felix
>>
>>705209
And he almost did it, the mad man.
>>
File: jwb.jpg (7 KB, 191x263) Image search: [Google]
jwb.jpg
7 KB, 191x263
Semper sic tyrannis
>>
File: luther.jpg (155 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
luther.jpg
155 KB, 1200x1200
Hier stehe ich und kann nicht anders
>>
File: stauff.png (7 KB, 887x74) Image search: [Google]
stauff.png
7 KB, 887x74
Pic related
>>
>>705115
>>705115
"For thou" -Roman senate
>>
"What are you gonna do, stab me?" - Julius Caesar
>>
>>706052
Quid facies? Perfodiesne me?
>>
>>706017
The English would have to be 'for thee'.

The Latin, 'pro te'.
>>
>>705387

Should have said "Don't make a mess of it."
>>
"The victorious cause pleased the gods, the conquered cause pleased Cato"
>>
How can man die better
Than facing fearful odds
For the ashes of his fathers
And the temples of his gods.
>>
"War gives the right of the conquerors to impose any conditions they please upon the vanquished."
- Iulius Caesar, IIRC.
>>
I can’t free myself from belief in my people, can’t get away from the conviction that this nation will once again arise, can’t distance myself from the love of this, my people, and hold as firm as a rock to the conviction that some time the hour will come when the millions who today hate us will stand behind us and with us will welcome what has been created together, struggled for under difficulty, attained at cost: the new German Reich of greatness and honour and strength and glory and justice. Amen.
>>
>>705380
-my dick
>>
>>705357
>No Greater Friend
>No Worse Enemy
>>
"It is not good for men to get all they want." - Heraclitus
>>
"Mary, do we have to go to the play tonight?"

Honest Abe
>>
>>708482
Haha get it cuz he got killed at a play and it's funny because he didn't want to go to the play it's a history joke lol
>>
"I bow down, therefore, for the present at least, to the counsel of so many sages, and shrink from the crime of being " wiser than the law.""
Jeremy Bentham.
>>
>>705055
Why is he depicted as a homo sandal wearing greco-Latin rather than a Semetic Phoencian warrior?
t.Ahmed
>>
>>708521
why must you be so cruel? Are you like a Russian woman? does it make you happy to see me cry, to see me die?
>>
>>708600
"The Barcas are said to have come from Cyrene..."

Barcas confirmed for Punicized Greeks.
>>
>>708674
I am a Turk. I hate christian Greeks and Latins. I hate that we always lose wars to them. We are not mongols like idiot Christians think. Armenians are baaaad. I am Muslim and pray to Allah, the most merciful lord of the moon. I am from Turkey btw
>>
File: Claudius.jpg (6 KB, 200x252) Image search: [Google]
Claudius.jpg
6 KB, 200x252
"Fuck, I think I have shit myself!" t. Claudius

Rip In Pace.
>>
>>708759
Give Istanbul?
>>
My current wallpaper on my phone
>>
The position of Prussia in Germany will not be determined by its liberalism but by its power ... Prussia must concentrate its strength and hold it for the favorable moment, which has already come and gone several times. Since the treaties of Vienna, our frontiers have been ill-designed for a healthy body politic. Not through speeches and majority decisions will the great questions of the day be decided - that was the great mistake of 1848 and 1849 - but by iron and blood (Eisen und Blut)."
-Bismarck
>>
>>708482
>>708521
>>708605
Alright, I feel bad for saying that :/
>>
File: Puppets.jpg (181 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Puppets.jpg
181 KB, 960x720
> Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence and enjoy it to the full.
>>
>>708759
Why you chose my post to respond to I'll never know....

You love Muslim Greeks though, right? Because that's what half of Turks are, genetically anyway.
>>
>>708884
>Genetically

What is the Genocide of Anatolian Greeks.
>>
>>708956
You mean the genocide of Anatolian Orthodox Greeks? That's immaterial. The vast majority of Ionian, Lycian, and Pamphylian Turks (Muslims) are descended directly from the people living there before and during the Turkish conquest of Anatolia.
>>
"If destruction be our lot, we ourselves must be it's author and finisher. As a nation of free men, we will live forever, or die by suicide"

Based Abe
>>
>>706188
Can't seem to find the latin translation of this one, can anyone help?
>>
>>706188
Vae victis.

Brennus upon Romans complaining about crooked scales and throwing his sword together with the weights.
>>
>>709489
Jus belli ut qui vicissent quemadmodum vellent imperarent.
>>
>>708792
> Futue! Puto me cacavisse!
>>
>>708759
>I am a Turk

Stopped reading right there desu, hittie scum
>>
>>708820
>>708884
>>709672
he's an obvious Greek troll
>>
"Varus pls, where my legions at?" - Octavius
>>
>>708825

Besides conquering India, i think, he?
>>
>>711463
His men didn't want to try.
>>
"Smrt fašizmu, sloboda narodu!" - Stjepan Filipović, moments before being hanged
>>
File: Nero.jpg (213 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Nero.jpg
213 KB, 1200x1200
"What an artist dies in me!"
-Emperor Nero, 69AD
>>
File: Vespasian.png (130 KB, 220x278) Image search: [Google]
Vespasian.png
130 KB, 220x278
>>712443
And also
"An emperor ought to die on his feet"
-Emperor Vespasian, 79AD
(he was literally on his death bed and so decided to try and stand up, the attempt killed him)
>>
>>706155
Then out spake brave Horatius,
The Captain of the gate:
“To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late.
>>
"Give her the D" - René Descartes
>>
"Citizens, did you want a revolution without revolution?" - Maximilien de Robespierre
>>
File: lindsay55.jpg (6 KB, 243x208) Image search: [Google]
lindsay55.jpg
6 KB, 243x208
>>713486

I don't think he said that
>>
>>705055
You are a big guy
-Masketa Man
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.