[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>CHOOSE YOUR SUCCESSOR STATE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: Diadoch.png (79 KB, 1752x804) Image search: [Google]
Diadoch.png
79 KB, 1752x804
>CHOOSE YOUR SUCCESSOR STATE
>>
>>909746
I wish he had survived just a few decades longer ( ._.)
>>
>>909746
>No Backtria

Imagine being the ultimate trading empire straddling east and west. You have greeks mingling with indians, scythians, persians and the odd chinese trader.

It probably would be the oddest thing to see in that time and era.
>>
>>909754
>According to Plutarch, Bagoas won a dancing contest after the Macedonian crossing of the Gedrosian Desert. The Macedonian troops, with whom Bagoas was very popular, demanded that king Alexander should kiss Bagoas, and he did so. Athenaeus tells, that King Alexander also was madly devoted to boys. Dicaearchus, at any rate, in his book On the Sacrifice at Ilium, says that he was so overcome with love for the eunuch Bagoas that, in full view of the entire theatre, he, bending over, caressed Bagoas fondly, and when the audience clapped and shouted in applause, he, nothing loath, again bent over and kissed him deeply.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bagoas_%28courtier%29

RIP, the absolute madman. No homo
>>
File: 1440451517527.gif (2 MB, 353x228) Image search: [Google]
1440451517527.gif
2 MB, 353x228
>>909746
>Anything but Ptolemaic Egypt
>>
>>909775
>scythians
>persians
Kinda redundant imo
>>
>>909820
...no? Settled Iranics and Nomadic Iranics did have pretty separate cultures and languages even.
>>
>>909779

>So I told Alexander to kiss Bagoas
>>
>>909820
>Danes
>Germans
kinda redundant imo
>>
File: 220px-Seleucus_I_Louvre.jpg (17 KB, 220x293) Image search: [Google]
220px-Seleucus_I_Louvre.jpg
17 KB, 220x293
SELEUKID STRONG, BRING IT PROLEMYFAGS
>>
>>909746
Mauryan empire, desu. No goddamn contest
>>
>>911498

this tbqh

>you will never be schooled at Taxila
>>
>>909746
Nabatean kingdom to be a total memelord and unite the arabs under one flag centuries before Mohammed and co.
>>
>rome 2
>start game as seleucids
>somehow make peace with baktria
>even turn them into a satrap again because they owed me for warring against some desert nation
>spread like a plague towards greece and rome
>basically reconstitute alexander's lost territories
>just wanna chill and be prosperous
>jelly nations keep trying to start shit with me
>small nations that are my satrap keep going to war against neutrals

i should have just total war'd everything. there seems to be no way to be a comfy peaceful empire. and after 70 hours i uninstalled it.
>>
>>911567
>game series is called total war
>waaahhh why can't I be a gay little peaceful cunt
>>
>>909746
RIP Antigonas, you were too good for this world

Anyway, either the Silly Kids or Mauryan Empire
>>
>>911588
>conquer 80% of the map
that's enough total war for me. steamrolling the AI is boring as shit after 50 hours. i wanted to try administrating a large empire. why are you being so snippy. how does it feel to not have friends. both rhetorical questions.
>>
>>911567
>brags about his feats against an AI at some shitty game

Total War is garbage. Only went downhill since Medieval 2.
>>
Epirus, Pyrrhus could have done so much good for the Greeks
>>
>>909746
SELEUKOI
>>
sparta
>>
>>909929
Yes, they are all subhuman.
>>
>>911782
Using the same nonsense outdated tactics? Not attacking and sacking roman towns? Not using the divide in sicily to overthrow Roman hold there? Not invading Umbrian lands and inciting the Samnites for another ruck?

Pyrrus was a usless cunt with a massive ego and an army, like most petty rulers.
>>
>>911900
Pyrrhus was regarded by his solders as the true successor to Alexander
>>
Why is there no kingdom in the Bosphorus, isn't that land like super important for trade between Greece and Asia?
>>
File: P67ppcf.png (46 KB, 315x210) Image search: [Google]
P67ppcf.png
46 KB, 315x210
all of them are incestuous shitlords, roma invicta
>>
>>911645
There are better games for that though... like ck2 or eu4
>>
>>911567
>rome 2
>not Rome 1 with EB
>>
>>911928
Those are both blobbing simulators still you damn casul. Play Vicky 2.
>>
>>911940
I have but people straight out of total war are usually overwhelmed by vicky2
>>
>>911909
>Pyrrhus was regarded by his solders as the true successor to Alexander
That literally means nothing as shown by the Diadochi Wars that occupied the better part of the 4th and 3rd century BC.

And his obvious victories where infact such massive failures they literally call it a Pyrrhic victory, a victory that cannot be exploited due to lack of military resources, e.g men, who were callously thrown into the fray due to lack of sensible tactics.
>>
Ptolemaic Egypt masterrace.Admitedly, Antigonos was the most based though.He only lsot one battle at the age of 80 where he died by a javelin.Also a coalition of the rest of the diadochi was needed to fight him, plus Seleukos selling land to indians in exchange for some 200 war elephants.He was the only one capable of reuniting alexander's empire.
>>
>>911782
get the fuck out you Epirote sheepfuckers
>>
>>911768
fuck you, Shogun 2 was the tits
>>
>>911940
victoria II is still a blobbing simulator and an especially boring one
>>
>>912083
>was the tits
leave
>>
>>912030
>plus Seleukos selling land to indians in exchange for some 200 war elephants
You mean Seleukos LOOSING land and signing a peace treaty with Chandragupta Maurya and then giving Maurya his daughter for a matrimonial alliance and then was gifted 500 elephants.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seleucid%E2%80%93Mauryan_war
>>
>>911940
CK2 is no more blobby than liquor and bureaucrat simulator II

EU4 is 100% map painting though

>>911768
Med 2 is only good for mods now. Nappy, Shogun 2, FotS, Attila and Big Karl are all better than it
>>
>>909746
Arsacids
>>
>>911934
>Rome 1 with EB
>not Atilla TW with conversion mods
Sasuga faggot
>>
File: 1379605991380.jpg (76 KB, 604x805) Image search: [Google]
1379605991380.jpg
76 KB, 604x805
>>912137
what's the matter, anon? Don't swing that way?
>>
>>911768
who the fuck is bragging you cunt. it was to illustrate that i gave the game a fair shake. according to steam stats, only about 10% of all owners even finished a rome 2 campaign. my post was more a dig at CA's game design. but you know this is 4chan. so let's insult anybody and everybody.
>>
>king takes us halfway across the world, conquering nations and tribes that don't speak our language and have strange forms of government
>spread our native army thin across the planet
>everything is held together by our brave warlord
>ask him what we're going to do now that we've conquered all of this
>he goes "FLGHGMGHM" and coughs up blood, vomits, and dies
>our faces when
>>
>>913502
He could have stopped half way and made a powerful state that would have survived to this day.
>>
>>909775
Greek Buddhists
>>
>>915733
And Hindi Platonists.

And Zoroastrians.

I usually don't get history boners for periods in the past but it gets my dick we thinking about learning at the feet of Buddhists, Yogis, Zoroastrians, and various modes of Greek religion and philosophy all in a handful of cities.
>>
>>909746
Ptolemy has always seemed the most canny to me, smart enough to steal Alexander's corpse and bury him marking him as his successor. After Perdiccas death he's offered the regency says fuck that and the enemy army leave as friends. Only fights wars as part of a coalition, and never risks too much. He also creates Serapis who is probably my favourite ancient God to appeal to the natives.
>>
>>911866
wew
>>
>>914008
impossible to survive
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.