[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your most favorite period in history?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 641x229) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 641x229
What is your most favorite period in history?
>>
File: paine.jpg (64 KB, 1500x557) Image search: [Google]
paine.jpg
64 KB, 1500x557
The Enlightenment. The American and French Revolutions specifically.
>>
Definitely the Bronze age. It must have been so cool to live at the beginning of history, back when people knew so little about the world and everything was mysterious. There were very few established rules and social mores compared to the medieval period. You could have multiple wives, get drunk, fuck an animal, hire a prostitute, etc and there were no philosophers yet to tell you that you were a degenerate. Plus everything was primitive so everything was easy: like you could just make a living making pots out of clay and that was all you had to do. War was too simple to kill too many people and if you lived in a walled city you were probably safe. Sounds like EZ-mode if you ask me!
>>
>>68805
Enjoy dying in your 20s
>>
>>68831

Life expectancy was only that low because of skewing due to child and infant mortality. If you survived to adulthood you could probably expect to live to middle age at least.
>>
>>68714
Early modern/ Victorian. Big fan of renaissance too.

>>68773
Literally supporting the decline of Civilisation.
>>
>>68714
Ancient and medieval times
>>
Nazi-occupied Europe
>>
>Greece
>Western
>>
Pretty much anything in the 19th century
>>
Victorian age.
Can't help but be fucking amazed and intrigued by it.
Would live in desu.
>>
Early Modern - basically between the plague and the Enlightenment.
>>
>>68886
>implying the decline of the civilisation didn't began with the conquer of Contastinople by the Ottoman Empire
>implying
>>
File: history timeline.jpg (4 MB, 2097x9554) Image search: [Google]
history timeline.jpg
4 MB, 2097x9554
pic related

ancient and medieval for me
>>
>>69712
This picture is so wrong
>>
File: You-Erd-Me.jpg (21 KB, 320x268) Image search: [Google]
You-Erd-Me.jpg
21 KB, 320x268
>>68886

Back to /pol/ with you, Reactionary fool.
>>
>>68714
The Middle Ages, seriously.

The period was such a clusterfuck.
>>
>>69712
How dare you post this fucking retarded pic on /his/?

>Crusades counted for HRE when most crusaders were French and English
>England more powerful than Spain from 1500 to 1650
>England/UK more powerful than France from 1650 to 1815 (including during the fucking Napoleonic Wars)
>UK more powerful than Russia during Napoleonic Wars
>UK more powerful than Germany during WWs
>UK more powerful than Russia after WW2

This pic is an insult to anyone who knows little history
>>
Ancient/hellenistic

I don't know why they are divided.
>>
In terms of interest, probably the beginnings of civilization or late Roman/early medieval.

In terms of when I'd like to live I wouldn't go back much farther than yesterday.
>>
>>68886
Doesn't it get boring doing nothing but doomsaying all the time?
Civilization is fucking fine and it's not getting worse
>>
Basically everything from the Roman Republic to the beginning of the Renaissance
Everything after that is boring as fuck
>>
>>68714
Ancient Greece ofc.
>inb4 faggot
>>
File: prots.png (107 KB, 812x1344) Image search: [Google]
prots.png
107 KB, 812x1344
>>69663
There's only one group to blame.
>>
>>68714
Wilhelminian era.
>>
>>68714
What a stupid image. Anyway, all of Antiquity and early Middle Ages.
>>
>>69712

>Roman Empire 5x the size of any Chinese Empire

Retarded Eurocentism desu senpai. its also nice to know that there exists an objective measurement of 'power'. Is this shit from 1900 or something? its daft as fuck
>>
I'm mainly insterested in religions, so Ancient History. But I wouldn't prefer to live in any previous period than nowadays.
>>
Palaeolithic era desu

>imagining the concept of representation arriving into the minds of prehistoric men, and him now being able to paint animals and alikes. Imagine this collective spirit emerging through the course of thousands years while generations of basically-no-one people are born and die.
>>
Victorian age and the XX century in general up to the 70s

Dem Prussians and Brits man
>>
>>68714

Renaissance.
>>
>most favorite
please don't
>>
Early Modern
> Age of Exploration
> Scientific Revolution
> Reformation
>>
Either early modern or the long 19th century.

Also I hate using the word rennaissance to describe a time period. It was the middle ages. R. is a cultural phenomenon.
>>
Anytime during and after the medieval period
>>
>>71332
Which one?
>>
>>68714
Pre-Ancient, Ancient, and Roman. Hellas is shit because I fucking hate Greekboos.
>>
The Rise of the Mongol and Spanish empires.
>>
File: uqIRcN4.jpg (136 KB, 1038x584) Image search: [Google]
uqIRcN4.jpg
136 KB, 1038x584
>>69804
>>69916
>>68773
>people can't have opinions on history
Go fuck yourselves, french enlightenment ruined everything.
>>
>>73506
Italian. It was based as fuck.
>>
What do you call the time between the end of the Black Death and the beginning of the Enlightenment?
>>
Post Roman - Pre Columbus
>>
>>74136
Agreed.
>>
File: 9.jpg (32 KB, 367x461) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
32 KB, 367x461
Roman Republic and Principate
>>
I'm fascinated by the Victorian Era and the modern period.

Basically... 1800s - 1960s
>>
Harlem Renaissance/Roaring Twenties
>>
File: 1428526502282.png (28 KB, 367x461) Image search: [Google]
1428526502282.png
28 KB, 367x461
>>74311
>>
Roman>rennaissance>hellenistic>modern>ancient>medieval
>>
Modern.
Call me a pleb.
>>
File: Angkor Wat 1.jpg (816 KB, 1500x993) Image search: [Google]
Angkor Wat 1.jpg
816 KB, 1500x993
The medieval period (c. 500-1450) was the most interesting period in world history for me, simply due to the sheer diversity of great civilizations.

In the Classical period, you basically have Greco-Roman civilization being the best at everything, with China and India coming in second place, and Persia being pretty shit. Before that there were only a few centers of civilization in places like the Middle East, the Indus, China, Crete, etc. After 1500, Western Europeans are basically on top of the world, though there's still some other stuff like the Ottomans, Japan and Mughals. All of these are interesting periods, but they couldn't compare with the medieval period in just how many amazing civilization there were.

In the medieval period, every part of Eurasia is amazing in its own way. Classical civilization split into the Byzantines, the West, and the Islamic world, all hugely different and all amazingly accomplished and prosperous. Islam has its scientific golden age, the West has some of the best architecture ever built, and the Byzantines flourish under the Justinians and Macedonians.

In East Asia, China sees its greatest accomplishments under the Wei, Tang, Song, and early Ming, and Japan grows into one of the most interesting parts of the world. In the Indian world you have the greatest age of Hindu and Buddhist kingdoms, like the Cholas, Rashtrakutas, or Palas in India and Angkor, Pagan, or Java in Southeast Asia. All of Eurasia's major civilizations were roughly equal, all incredibly accomplished and all fully developed, in contrast to later periods when some civilizations fell far behind others.
>>
>>76238
Also worth mentioning that outside of Eurasia, the medieval period was the most interesting time in American and African history. The Americas have the Classical Mayans, Zapotecs, Aztecs and other Mesoamericans, while the Andes have the the likes of the Sican, Tiwanaku, Chavin, Incas, etc. In Africa you have growing cultures like the Yoruba and Sahelians, plus the high point of Ethiopia.
>>
>>75410
Tbh lad i think you're quite right, i think its the comfiest and least deadly one.
Plus me and my loved ones are in it so thats a bonus.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.