[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christian Zionism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: YHVH loves you.png (192 KB, 282x263) Image search: [Google]
YHVH loves you.png
192 KB, 282x263
History and information on Christian Zionism and apocalyptic beliefs of Christians today and in the 20th century

>Christian Zionism is a belief among some Christians that the return of the Jews to the Holy Land, and the establishment of the State of Israel in 1948, is in accordance with Biblical prophecy. The term began to be used in the mid-20th century, superseding Christian Restorationism.[1][2]

Some of my relatives sent me a Jimmy Swaggart Study Bible. It is stuffed full of nutty commentary from Jimmy in red, apparently oblivious to how this can be seen in light of bibles that have the words of Jesus in red. If you wish I can quote some stuff from it. Just request a verse that you want to see his interpretation of.
>>
File: 0050_17.gif (21 KB, 457x238) Image search: [Google]
0050_17.gif
21 KB, 457x238
Got anything for the verses presented in this comic?
>>
>>920705
Ezekiel 38:18
Once again, this is the Battle of Armageddon. "My Fury shall come up in My Face," corresponds to the statement of Zechariah (Zech. 14:3)

Ezekiel 39:9
to think that something being burned "with fire seven years" allows us to know the extent of the destruction
39:10-11
No doubt, several millions of men are going to be killed in that which is know as "the Battle of Armageddon." Even employing modern equipment to hasten the burial of so many bodies, still, the stench will "stop the noses of the passengers."
39:12-13
The Lord links this spectacle to the sanctifying of His Name
>>
>>920694

Got 1 kings 12:10-11?
>>
How about Rev 18:8?
>>
>>920694
how about Galatians 3:16?
>>
>>920726
Er, that's not Armageddon; that's the battle of Gog and Magog, part 1.
>>
>>920741
sorry had to get dinner
1 kings 12:10-11
This was a scourge, and more painful than a whip. In the action of Rehoboam and of the people is exhibited the folly of the natural heart and its incurable hostility to God. In the difficulty in which they find themselves, the king consults "man" instead of God; and the people trust themselves into the cruel hands of Jeroboam, instead of the gracious hands of Emmanuel.
>>
>>920705
>Christian protestants actually think Ezekiel 38 prophesies a future event when it literally describes the invading army using swords, shields, and horses

Modern day American Christians are an affront to centuries of Christian intellectual tradition.
>>
File: 1455319617372.jpg (458 KB, 1784x1024) Image search: [Google]
1455319617372.jpg
458 KB, 1784x1024
>>920929
I am ready to say we took the wrong path already at the time of Rome.
>>
>>920765
Rev 18:8
points to the great earthquake of Rev. 16:18

>>920775
Galatians 3:16
to all those who are brought into Salvation by Faith in Christ

>>920802
well that's Jimmy's opinion on the passage

I'm going to add his commentary to Exodus 32:8 (When the Most High divided to the nations their inheritance, when He separated the sons of Adam, He set the bounds of the people according to the number of the Children of Israel) because anyone who is familiar with the passage in the Qumran scrolls will get a chuckle out of this: long before there was an Israel, the Lord was planning for this. One would be tempted to ask Jimmy which time in history was the Lord using as a base to number out the sons of Israel to figure out how to divide the nations at the beginning of civilization, because that number has certainly never been static.
>>
>>920970
edit:"long before there was an Israel, the Lord was planning for them".
>>
>>920694
Genesis 20:12
>>
>>921040
Genesis 20:12
as stated, Abraham dwells on the fact that Sarah is indeed his half-sister, while the Holy Spirit emphasizes the fact of the lady being his wife (Vss. 2-3, 7)
>>
What does he have to say on Lev. 18:22? And is he by chance a KJV only?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.