[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did the United States choose not to resettle its population
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: cover.jpg (1 MB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
1 MB, 1400x1400
Why did the United States choose not to resettle its population of blacks in Africa or South America?
>>
>>918851
They did.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberia
>>
>>918858
But im talking about the entire population after their value disappeared after the civil war
>>
>>918891
There were states where slavery was already outlawed before the civil law. The government couldn't relocate black citizens any more than it could relocate any other citizens.

Some went on to be valued tax-payers like those of the Greenwood District, so it's not like the government would oppose their continued presence.

And blacks were still as valuable in the work force as poor whites. They just used to be more valuable because you didn't have to entice them to work for you. Now they had the right to be compensated for their work and could change employers as they saw fit.
>>
>>918891
>>918925
Also, the blacks had been completrly americanized. They didn't speak African languages, and they didnt know where they came from. While some community organizations sent some people back, they were foreign and out of the loop.
>>
>>918891
Because they Americans and America is about freedom
>>
>>918891
Grant tried annexing the Dominican Republic both because of a bay that could be used as a fueling station and as a place for blacks to emigrate to in order to work, get away from the KKK and to make the southerners value blacks because their labor force would have up and left them.
>>
>>919125
The blacks who went on to Liberia basically viewed the African blacks who were there as uneducated savages and immediately set up a caste system with themselves at the top and the natives at the bottom which lasted until a couple of decades ago.
>>
Because not only they do not have a home continent full of biodiversity and natural resources they could all return to, they do not even have a deserted homeland sourrounded by enemies to go back to.
>>
>>918891
Their value didn't disappear. Their labor simply became slightly harder to exploit
>>
>>919185
>The blacks who went on to Liberia basically viewed the African blacks who were there as uneducated savages
I wonder why.

Is that whitening cream really that effective?
>>
>>919849
>>918925
>>919125
>>919135
>>919175
>>919207
Give me the reasons why owning another human is wrong, besides muh fee fees.
>>
>>920774
Give me the reasons why murder and rape is wrong, besides muh fee fees.

>>>/pol/
>>
>>918851
Constitutional Amendments 13 & 14.

Did they not teach this in High School?
>>
>>918851
They are as much American citizens as anyone else.
Why aren't cumskins settled back in Europe?
Or Asians sent to Asia?
>>
>>920815
They have the lowest iqs, make the least amount of money, use the most welfare and commit the most crimes? Outside of using them in warfare what value do they bring to the united states?
>>
>>918925
blacks only became citizens in the 20th century. they could have done whatever they wanted with blacks after slavery
>>
>>920782
I asked a legitimate question. I don't believe in slavery.
>>
>>920843
They don't though. Appalachia uses the most amount of welfare and that's majority white.
Also welfare doesn't take up much material from the state and most of it is reinvested back.
>>920857
>>920843
>>920782
>>920774
>>919212
T-Idiot.
>>
>>920774
I'll bite, you dense motherfucker.

Humans seek to lead a happy life.
Harming others is wrong, as it impedes their ability to live a happy life.
Owning another person, without their consent, harms them by taking away their ability to decide how to live their life and attempt to maximize their happiness.
Therefore, owning another (non-consenting) person is wrong.

Now back to your containment board
>>
>>920863
You can't have an industrial system with slavery around since it pulls down profits and without an industrial system we'd have to kill 95% of the population of America.
>>
>>920871
And why should someone give a fuck if someone else is trying to lead a better life? They should care for themselves and be superior and dominate.
>>
>>920868
> citation needed

Besides have you ever heard of a black philosopher of note? A writer? A scientist?
>>
>>920843

How about "we brought them here, they deserve to be a part of us now"?

Have you ever heard of Liberia, you ignorant twatwaffle?
>>
>>920888
Thomas Sowell? Is he not worth a hundred of you?
>>
>>920890
They were considered property and should have been removed once thier usefulness was over
>>
>>920843
And why should we screw them over even more instead of helping them?

I don't like shit like Affirmative Action but the Jim Crow laws and the war on drugs were a major catastrophe
>>
>>920890
If we bought them here, we can also send them back.
>>
>>920893
Thomas sowell is just parroting the thoughts of people on a higher intellectual level than him
>>
>>920899
Send them back where? They're already too Americanized
>>
>>920885
>le might makes right
>i'm le superior alpha male
>>
>>920902
/pol praises him a lot though.
>>
>>920909
Their country of choice in west africa.
>>
File: Dumas.jpg (33 KB, 300x343) Image search: [Google]
Dumas.jpg
33 KB, 300x343
>>920888
>black philosopher
Thomas Sowell, Ignatius Sancho

>black writer
Alexandre Dumas, Chinua Achebe

>black scientist
Daniel Hale Williams, Vivien Thomas
>>
>>921004
delete this right now
>>
>>920774
There's no reason why anything is wrong besides muh fee fees you retard.
>>
>>920885
>>920896
>>920885
Human worth. Every one has a different reason to why they have came to value human life. To me its a growth if you try you can find ways to develop compassion for others.

After (around) 18th centery wen they imported all the blacks from primitive Africa it just stuck.
The problem with blacks was they were unintelligent and useless out side of labor alienate your self from them (words like savages and nigger) and that's how resentment starts.

Still crap today with the stereo typical black being poor, stupid, in gangs, doing drugs, and not contributing anything to society besides killing each other and cops.
>>
>>918851
>resettle its population of blacks in South America?
I can see why would think about sending them back to Africa but why south america ?
>>
>>921211
>>
>>921211
Panama is a melting pot of brown people
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.