[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did statism came to be a thing, since, for all intents a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1457168447798.jpg (207 KB, 692x960) Image search: [Google]
1457168447798.jpg
207 KB, 692x960
How did statism came to be a thing, since, for all intents and purposes no one protested on more government throughout history?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O06acUXAOFQ
>>
Agricultural revolution and subsequent specialization.

>hunter gatherers start farming
>but they are plagued by nomading raiders and wild animals
>shit we need to build a wall to protect ourselves
>we need to chop down a bunch of trees and turn them into a fortification
>now the walls need to be manned by people who will watch and fend off the invaders
>that means we have to train those guys too
>but who's going to pay for all this shit?
>I have an idea, this one strong influential chieftain will protect us and we will pay him in the food we make
>let's call the payments "taxes"

And that's how states got created.
>>
>>916971
I prefer an alternative theory. While that could be true, it presupposes that the people would logically, or for any real reason willingly give up their hard worked harvest to some random chieftain. More likely, they were subjugated by hunter-gatherer/Shepherd tribes who took taxe as a form of yearly plunder, and eventually permanently settled.
>>
>>916930
>for all intents and purposes no one protested on more government throughout history?
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>916930
If you haven't realized Protests do nothing.

I bet you also think petitions matter!
>>
File: 569433_orig.jpg (502 KB, 1100x737) Image search: [Google]
569433_orig.jpg
502 KB, 1100x737
>>916930
The 16th century Englishmen warned us about standard, military style, police forces bro.

>Inb4 YOU DON'T WANT POLICE

I wasn't being serious, I actually like the coppers.

I am not sure about the rest of the world but in America statism is probably rooted in the loss of Liberty and rise of collectivism, you can see that in the way Bernie or Hillary are so praised by 'the people' even though they would strip many Americans of deeply enshrined rights.
>>
>>917109
Do you really believe that?
The president has a tiny amount of authority over personal liberties.
>>
File: big guy accidents will happen.png (1 MB, 750x909) Image search: [Google]
big guy accidents will happen.png
1 MB, 750x909
>>917109
>Posting the wrong image.
>>
>>917134
It isn't so much the president's authority as it is the average American's attitudes towards their own rights. For generations American's have been content with giving up their rights for a little bit of security/government assistance.

It happens on both sides of the isle politically of course. I don't really like Trump but hopefully he can gut the GOP so the USA can have a real conservative party since it is traditionally the job of Conservatives to harp on and preserve rights.
>>
>>917136
kek.

Saved
>>
>>916971
>>917027
Wrong and wrong. Jesus it's like u guys never read guns germs and steel.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.