[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Red-pill me on red-pilling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4
File: fit.jpg (952 KB, 1763x2034) Image search: [Google]
fit.jpg
952 KB, 1763x2034
Does the true enlightenment not come once you realize you need to be red-pilled about having been red-pilled? That atheism, nihilism, opposing progressiveness, etc etc is in fact just babby's first questioning? That it's just passivity and pure laziness that prevents you from going even further?

True patricians stand above it. They continue to seek meaning, to question their own morality, to truly face themselves with their own mortality, etc etc etc.
Red-pill philosophy is just a lazy excuse to continue being a fat pathetic cynic neckbeard who parasite off others, is too lazy to care about the outside world and the true matters, and who spend all his time at trivialities.
>>
Oh wow
>>
>>686422
Wanna expand on that?
>>
Who said nihilism is the red pill? That's reddit-tier
>>
are you talking about reddit red pilled
or matrix red pilled
or what is the kind of red pilled you are talking about?
>>
File: 1433074897981.gif (27 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1433074897981.gif
27 KB, 500x500
>True patricians

There's nothing patri- about a bunch of 20 year olds shouting at each other and sharing ebin memes on the internet.
>>
>>686438
>>686432
Explain how the red-pilled individuals on reddit and different than they are on 4chan. Other than being a little bit more racist.
The general strokes are the same.
>>
>>686441
Shit now that neckbeard looks kinda cool.
>>
>>686441
Yeah that's what I'm saying.
>>
>>686421
nothing is being hidden from you. you're just too stupid to see it.

there's your pill.
>>
>>686443
reddit red pill is mostly about sexuality
4chan red pill is about lots of things
>>
>>686460
Noone actually believes that. Symbolism, man. Noone believes you need to be unplugged from the matrix.
Taking the red pill IS realizing you've been too stupid to see it.

You moron.
>>
>>686467
The general strokes are the same though: nihilism, "modern society isn't perfect", "the general crows are sheep", etc
>>
>>686477
yeah kinda
>>
>>>/pol/
Keep your shitty memes away from this board
>>
If you're "redpilled" it probably just means your an obnoxious beta
>>
>>686477
red pill can be anything you want it to be though
doesn't have to be nihilism, and those things.
>>
>>686508
> op starts thread
> doesn't participate in conversation
>>
>>686421
you might want to ask that in >>>/pol/
>>
>>686508
>>686542
I don't know what you want me to say.
Yes, I suppose one could use the term red-pilling for more causes, but I think I've already explained the meaning I intended with the phrase. The kind of red-pill that is discussed by 20-somethings on 4chan/reddit which contains >>686477
>>
>>686550
k thought maybe you wanted to talk about red pill or something

why did you make this thread exactly?
>>
>>686569
The definition on the red pill is not what the thread is about though
>>
>>686575
>true enlightenment
why do you think there is such a thing?
>>
>>686583
I don't really, more how there's levels of enlightenment.
>>
>>686588
by enlightenment do you mean truth?
knowing truths that others don't?
>>
>>686598
Not necessarily, I think it can just mean you have certain ambitions. You strive to find out those truths (or to find out if there ARE any truths).
>>
>>686618
>Does the true enlightenment not come once you realize you need to be red-pilled about having been red-pilled?

the reason i was asking about your definition of red pill and enlightenment is because i want to answer this question
if i interpret this question by my definitions you might not be able to relate to the answer

it's a stupid question
>>
>>686651
but i guess the answer would be: not necessaril.

after realizing you need to be red pilled about being red pilled you can still be unenlightened
>>
File: doge meme.jpg (32 KB, 418x388) Image search: [Google]
doge meme.jpg
32 KB, 418x388
>"red pill"
>literally taking your philosophy from The Matrix
>>
>>686618
i go now have nice day
>>
>>686421

You missed the point, OP.

Bluepilledness is accepting a false sense of superiority or complacency to hiede away from actual inferiority or danger. The unwashed, ignorant masses.

Being redpilled involves finding those truths that the bluepilled either don't know about or are deliberately ignoring, accepting your actual inferiority, and struggling to turn it into superiority, to fight the system, to overthrow the establishment.

True enlightenment comes from taking the "Black pill", of acknowledging your inferiority, that the system was put in place by people who are smarter, tougher, and genetically superior to you. That if you try to overthrow the system, the system is going to win, and what's more, it's better that it should, because it's still superior than anything you can create you autismal beta buttboi.

Take the black pill. Hand the world over to the genetically superior male.
>>
>>686789
Why haven't you?
>>
Are you retarded?

Red/Blue pulling is completely unrelated to self improvement. Why are you trying to tie both? You are a progressive and wants to make your enemies look bad?
>>
>>686789
Sounds like more pointless "philosophising" to me.

Stop coming up with labels for your one-of-a-kind contrarian worldviews, retards.
>>
>>686443
Reddit - full of limp wristed, slack jawed, weak, liberal faggots (might as well call Reddit cuckistan)

4chan - a great deal more of smarter, harder men. But cucks still exist.
>>
>>686921
Ok. Dont philosophisize faggot. Be a weak fuck and get beat up by your gf, watch as she cucks you and youre afraid to do anything about it, be a skinny twig or a lardass and recieve no respect in which case you migh as well just off yourself.

The 'red-pill' (call it whatever you want - i call it anti-cuck league) chnges faggots from being cucked to more masculine.
>>
>>686789
>Bluepilledness is accepting a false sense of superiority or complacency to hiede away from actual inferiority or danger. The unwashed, ignorant masses.

That just sounds like red-pilling without the elitism
>>
>>686421
>Red-pill me on red-pilling
I talked with someone who claimed to begin the use of "red pill" on 4cuck.

He said he simply wanted the term to do what it did to Neo. Question things and work toward objective truth where it might be find where objectivity doesn't exist, a full grasp of the topic in question and the capacity to engage all angles of it in order to develop a well formed opinion.
>>
>>687266
But nothing like that happened to Neo.
>>
>>687218
>Reddit
Full of autistic idiots and normies pretending to be smart

>4chan
Full of autistic idiots and normies pretending to be retarded
>>
>>687284
He took the concept of finding truth beyond the immediately apparent and expanded upon it. His words, not mine. He could've been lying too. Who knows.
>>
>>686714
The Matrix was all about philosophy.
>>
>>687303
That works too. Fuck normies. Shame non-normies are not on the internet.
>>
File: zoidberg.gif (482 KB, 365x274) Image search: [Google]
zoidberg.gif
482 KB, 365x274
>>687218
>Reddit - redditors and /pol/
>4chan - channers and /pol/
>>
>>687339
1984-tier philosophy. It deals with concepts that everyone but incestuous, moonshine addicted Americans had thought of independently by 14
>>
>>687382
Red pill in murica is blue pill other than West Europe and North America
>>
>>686421
If you unironically use the term Red pill you should probably kill yourself
>>
>>687339
It was a shit movie
>>
>>687393
If you take the red and blue pill bullshit seriously, you'll always be a cuck to your own mind. They're shit tier concepts that allow pathetic individuals who have nothing going for them to feel superior for no cost at all.
>>
>>687405
As far as I understand redpill is used to identify the lies that society feeds us with (feminism, political correctness, etc) shed those lies and take your life into your own hands and not be a cuck. Where did you get the 'sense of superiority' statement from.
>>
>>687452
>tipping intensifies
>>
>>687462
Dont be ridiculous i'm not against redpill you cuck
>>
>>687452
The sense of superiority is from "red pilled" people choosing not to become individuals bit just to be cucked by a different of ideals but thinking it makes them better than "blue pilled" people
>>
Please swallow the cyanide pill too
>>
>>686421
>Blames self for world
what a fucking joke
>>
The only correct pill is the moderate pill
extremists on both ends are fucking retarded
>>
red-pill is just a term from the matrix buddy. People on the internet use it to mean opening your eyes and questioning the mainstream narrative. It has nothing to do with actually being smart. I would say the same about the bullshit you wrote in OP. Philosophy is just the same shit over again picked apart and repackaged for easy understanding, the only thing that truly changes is our understanding of the natural world.
>>
>>687511
said the man going about his day as the screams of innocents hit their crescendo
>>
>>687505
It's called responsibility. Taken too far you become Jack from Lost or Jesus Christ.
>>
>>687452
>using cuck in an argument
>>
>>687924
If someone is a cuck I call him a cuck, why call the cuck a horse?
>>
Stop using "red pill", it's a term only used by redditors and /pol/tards.

It's ironic as fuck that it's invented by a transgender too
>>
I think the true 'red pill' is always to stay open for learning new things and not to get cought in a thought not thought-through to the end.
>>
>>687452
>society knowingly feeds us lies
>the idea of being decent towards other people is one such lie
I don't even support political correctness, but you need to stop being edgy. Believe it or not, there are people who have reached different conclusions in the search for truth than you.

It could be because they think differently from you, or they work their thought on different assumptions. Or maybe they just haven't looked into the subject as much as you have. But just because you feel like a conclusion you've reached is true doesn't mean that everyone who doesn't support that conclusion is consciously lying about it.
>>
>>686789
>True enlightenment comes from taking the "Black pill", of acknowledging your inferiority, that the system was put in place by people who are smarter, tougher, and genetically superior to you. That if you try to overthrow the system, the system is going to win, and what's more, it's better that it should, because it's still superior than anything you can create you autismal beta buttboi.

If everyone swallowed black pill, I would still live in communist country.
>>
You want the reddest pills of them all?

Here:

http://www.overcomingbias.com/2009/09/this-is-the-dream-time.html

http://www.overcomingbias.com/2010/03/homo-hipocritus.html
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.