[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Were the Belgians really that bad in the Congo?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9
File: 1455221982414.jpg (599 KB, 1280x1795) Image search: [Google]
1455221982414.jpg
599 KB, 1280x1795
Were the Belgians really that bad in the Congo?
>>
>>684797
Only during the time it was private royal property
>>
>>684807
After that it was just an area they really didn't want.
>>
>>684807
This.

>cutting off peoples hands because they can't meet rubber quotas

Seems a little counter-productive desu
>>
>>684848
Not really
Cut a few useless people's hands and the rest speed up
>>
>>684848
If you failed to meet quota, that cut your wife and your children's hands off first, not yours.
>>
>>684797

Yep, the way they treated the native population was extreme even by the standards of the time.
>>
>>685734
3/10
>>
File: FB_IMG_1455200098451.jpg (52 KB, 640x618) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1455200098451.jpg
52 KB, 640x618
Yes.
>>
>>684797
Yes, it was extremely bad under Leopold but the Belgians weren't better. They basically worked us to death in exchange for protection.
>>
>>685734

>/pol/tarding intensifies
>>
>>685746

google search turns up nothing but blogs and nation of islam

likely a fake
>>
you know I always wonder
what if Leopold II had been born heir to somewhere significant like say, Prussia?

I mean, this was the guy who spent half his life planning military invasions as monarch of BELGIUM
>>
>>684797
>Deutschland turning the natives into a well-drilled army
>England milking them for profit
>France doing some fucked up inter-racial breeding program
>Belgians just straight up eating the natives

Seems about right
>>
Belgium was doing them a favor by enslaving them.

Even the chinks who are present in Africa nowadays says the same thing.
>>
File: 1439002540747.jpg (186 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1439002540747.jpg
186 KB, 1920x1080
>>684848
Those were the demands set by the native gangs, they were the ones cutting their hands. Because the local gangs were the ones getting payed for the efforts they pushed production in whatever way suited them. These African gangs didn't give a shit what they did to innocent people.

When that brit wrote that article about the hand chopping and all that stuff the Belgians were themselves surpised, because they didn't know what was really goin on in Congo.
>>
>>685872
Germans genocided a significant portion of Namibia so what the fuck are you talking about
>>
File: 1905.jpg (114 KB, 722x901) Image search: [Google]
1905.jpg
114 KB, 722x901
DIAMANTE RAPEN
DE NEGERS STAAN TE GAPEN
DE CONGO IS VAN ONS
DE CONGO IS VAN ONS

>belgian drinking song
>>
>>685891
thats what they get for not walking in a straight line
>>
Desu, the hand chopping was used so the soldiers could prove they had used the bullet (which they were accountable for) for killing someone and not something else like hunting. What happened instead was they chopped of the hand of a person still living and saved the bullet.

And not to be a total edge lord but it sounded like the belgians had a good time. They had a carte blanche for rape, murder and pillage and got a bonus and an attaboy if the quotas were exceeded.
>>
>>685817
Yeah, definitely a fake. Because no way a country would want to destroy any evidence of this barbaric behaviour, no sir. And of course the white gods with superior knowledge to brownskins would clearly act civil and fair towards the dirty baboon brownskins. Fucking Americans atm on this site always pushing rubbish about how white people are superior. You people are nothing but the more retarded opposite end of SJWs, but want to seem edgy and alternative to give your meaningless lives some sort of reassurance.
>>
>>685796
>put niggers in slavery
>they cant keep up with my unrealistic quotas
>chop of their hands
>gets called evil
>b-buh i was only trying to help, muhhh feeelings

fucking /pol/tards
>>
>>684797

People used to think so, but since they left the Congolese have proven themselves ever more brutal.
>>
>>686033
violence begets violence
>>
>>686042
I bet that in a hundred years when niggers are still commiting atrocities toward eachother on their shithole continent sjw's will still claim that the white man is to blame.
>>
>>686091
who is to blame is a complex issue, but yes, you have to be really stupid not to see the connections between slavery, colonialism and modern-day African violence
>>
>>686374
>>implying they didn't have choice
So you're justifying all of slavery by saying that the slave could just kill himself if he doesn't want to work?
>>
>>686379
>but muh feelings I am entitled to get free shit

go back to tumblr commie
>>
File: Laughing-Hard-Meme-07.jpg (34 KB, 320x290) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-Hard-Meme-07.jpg
34 KB, 320x290
>>686374
>we moved them from Palaeolithic era to modern era, brought them ... happiness

Ok, now I know you're just fucking with us.
>>
>>686400
>commie primitivist reporting in

I thought you guys hated internet.
>>
>>684797
>It is forbidden to dump rubble and snow in this area
>>
File: his_carlos.jpg (123 KB, 400x544) Image search: [Google]
his_carlos.jpg
123 KB, 400x544
>>685891
You could say they An Herero.
>>
Were the Khmer Rouge really that bad?
>>
The hand cutting was done by black colonial troops, which were hired as enforcerers in the rubber plantations and came from different tribes than the workers. The higher ups demanded proof from the black soldiers that they werent wasting bullets on hunting animals for food and so they were required to present a severed hand as proof it was used for shooting people. The troops were given very limited ammo and were faced with managing lots of very angry black slaves which lead to cutting off hands from living people for all kinds of reasons so they could have bigger stockpiles of ammo, when originally it was meant as proof of a kill.
>>
>>685817
Even if that single picture was a fake, there's no denying the countless journals of force publique and company officers that say that type of shit happened on the reg.
>>
>>684797
Even until recently, Belgium's leaders have been sick fucks.

Those cunts ran a Child Prostitution Ring between officials.
>>
The Belgian people really didn't have any knowledge or relation to what was going on in the Kongo, it was almost entirely the fault of the King.
Also hand cutting was done by the local gangs, not the Belgians.
>>
>>686560
Proofs?
>>685746
>>686009
>post picture with demonizing words "the devil"
>make a post full of incoherent ranting about the white devil
>think people will take you seriously
>>>/oogabooga/
>>
>>685998
>They had a carte blanche for rape

Too bad it happened in a continent where women are fucking ugly
I'd rather be a French soldier in Colonial Vietnam
>>
>>684848
Correct me if I am wrong, but I've read they didn't cut hand for that. They were subjected to punitive raids with severing hands being side effect, not entirely unintended.

For most of the time Leopold was running a minimal profit, so he cut corners whenever he could. Shipping everything from Europe was expensive, including guns and ammo. So they devised an ingenious way to save it. The bullet were to be used only to kill enemies. To prove it, each soldier had to bring a severed hand for each bullet shot (or one hand for each two or three bullets, don't remember the exact ratio).

The problem was that the Force Publique was made up of European mercenaries and idiots from the most savage tribes, all commanded by a bunch of psychos who just didn't give a fuck. The soldiers used guns for hunting, games or simply shot into the air. Then they procured severed hands to account for themselves.
>>
>>686814
Please go back to /pol/
>>
File: 1345181656773.jpg (33 KB, 375x561) Image search: [Google]
1345181656773.jpg
33 KB, 375x561
>>686814
>where women are fucking ugly
I dunno, man
>>
>>686814
>I'd rather be a French soldier in Colonial Vietnam
And die in a bamboo-grill hole-in-the-ground prison? Feel free.
>>
>>686784
>Proofs
Maybe read a book about the Belgian Congo? It's obvious you never have, because you would already know that literally all we know about Leopold's reign there comes from journals of officers and missionaries.

There's a chapter in King Leopold's Ghost dedicated to some of the more heinous acts documented in officer's journals.
>>
>>687365
Why not post proof then? Stop being so damn defensive and back up your claims, as is expected of anyone on this board.
>>
>>687375
You fucking troglodyte inbred retard, I gave you a source. Go read it and come back to me.
>>
>>686383
>>686406
Cant win a argument? Back yourself into u defendable position? Call them commies!

Its the murrican way!
>>
>>687375
Its not his fault you are to lazy too look up.the sources posted
>>
>>687337
Doesn't look very congolese.
But you can find goodlooking women everywhere (well except among aboriginals) it's a matter of how long you should search. And internet has more pictures of models than plantation workers.
>>
>they ate people
wait what?
>>
>>687375
https://archive.org/stream/CasementReport/CasementReportSmall#page/n1/mode/2up
>>
>>686814
Meh you're bound to run into some truly beautiful nigger jailbait sooner or later, sodomize her, cut off her hand and burn down her village. Those were just the times.
>>
>>686529
They also had brainwashing camps where they took native kids from their family and raised them to serve in the Force Publique as well as conversion so kinda like what the Ottomans did.
>>
>>684797
You realize that the belgian congo was property of the monarch, not the state.
The belgians are not responsible for what happened
>>
>>686814
>Prefers slant 'women' and their sideways vaginas
Nigga you gay.
>>
File: peace hyde.jpg (86 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
peace hyde.jpg
86 KB, 1024x1024
>>687520
It's the 19th century. You're going to find plantation workers, or worse, wageslaves, where ever you go.

Meanwhile, here's what news anchors look like in West Africa.
>>
>>687337
I'd civilize that!
>>
>>686847
>I'd rather be a French soldier in Vietnam.
He's obviously from /a/. Muh animus.
>>
>>686033
There wouldn't be violence in Africa if the Europeans never introduced modern technology there. The whole continent should have been a reserve.
>>
>>686374
>e moved them from Palaeolithic era to modern era, brought them medicine, civilisation, agriculture
This hasn't work at all for them, they would be better as hunter-gatherers.
>>
File: 1346328875074.jpg (20 KB, 550x457) Image search: [Google]
1346328875074.jpg
20 KB, 550x457
>>684797
>not knowing the difference between Belgian Congo and Congo free state
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.