[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where should I start and focus to get a good grip on Evola?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Julius_Evola.jpg (22 KB, 363x501) Image search: [Google]
Julius_Evola.jpg
22 KB, 363x501
Where should I start and focus to get a good grip on Evola?
>>
The Upanishads
>>
>>682986
Start by killing yourself
>>
>>682999
Well, trips don't lie.

See you, space cowboys.
>>
>>682999
>posted from a starbucks
>>
The containment board is a good place to start!
>>>/pol/
>>
>>683081
/pol/ doesn't actually want to read or understand historical figures. Inability to just fucking read far right sources is one of the worst plagues on modern historiagraphy.
>>
Revolt Agains the Modern World for the more political part. Introduction to Magic if you don't know anything about it but wants to read Evola's esoteric works, don't need to read it and can jump to the direct part if you are only interested in some specific thing he wrote.
>>683081
He isn't a leftie, so he must be evil and anti-intellectual or something, right? And /pol/ is unable to understand Evola, the good threads about him are on /lit/.
>>
>>684356
The funny thing is I'm...kind of a leftie? If it's that relevant, I'm a Tolstoyan Anarcho-Pacifist so...

I just want to learn about shit. His esoterism is definitely the part most interesting to me, but I know nothing about that.
>>
>>683081
>uh oh, a person that disagrees with me, better scream and shit my pants
>>
>>683081
Jesus Christ just fuck off won't you
>>
Crazy Joe d'Evola
>>
>>684422
vs. Johnny "Gentleman" Gentile
>>
>>682986
"Revolt Against the Modern World" is probably the closest thing to a single standalone book that encapsulates Evola's worldview.

But even that is so full of esoteric references to ancient myth and religion that you'll need to do some independent research to get the most out of it.
>>
>>684448
Sure. Ancient Myth I at least know where to go digging.
>>
>>684469
Look, Big E puts lots of footnotes in the book. If you want to know more, read the shit he cites.
>>
>>684527
Even better! I hadn't expected that.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.