[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In this ITT your favourite historical quotes *sniff*
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7
File: disgusted luke skywalker.jpg (42 KB, 590x421) Image search: [Google]
disgusted luke skywalker.jpg
42 KB, 590x421
>Dialectical materialism works like cocaine, let's say. If you sniff it once or twice, it may not change your life. If you use it day after day, though, it will make you into an addict, a different man.
>>
>>681827
a lot of these are great

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Last_words

>be General John Sedgwick
>"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
>get shot
>>
>>683780
nice, thanks
>>
>>683780
>June 3. Cold Harbor. I was killed.
>Who: Union Soldier
>Note: Found in a blood-spattered diary on the body of a Union soldier on June 3rd, 1864.[1]
Damn
>>
>>683780
The best part is that they tried to get him to talk after that, and he wouldn't, he was just smiling.

The general consensus is that he didn't want to fuck up the perfect last words.
>>
>It was worse than a crime, it was a mistake

Either Fouché or Talleyrand on shooting the Duke of Enghien.

Personally I think it was a good decision but it's still a cool quote.
>>
>be former Confederate general
>war ends
>end up commanding US troops in Cuba thirty years later
>rout spanish troops
>accidentally shout
>"Come on boys, we got the damn yankees on the run again!"

Old habits die hard.
>>
File: friedrich_nietzsche_1.jpg (49 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
friedrich_nietzsche_1.jpg
49 KB, 800x600
I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman without a single drop of bad blood - certainly not German blood.
>>
File: Napoleon_returned.jpg (751 KB, 1641x1189) Image search: [Google]
Napoleon_returned.jpg
751 KB, 1641x1189
>Here I am. Kill your Emperor, if you wish
>>
File: 1448990765668.jpg (207 KB, 706x1100) Image search: [Google]
1448990765668.jpg
207 KB, 706x1100
>>688734
Based
>>
>>688734
That guy taking a selfie in the front
>>
File: Pliny_the_Elder[1].png (47 KB, 178x238) Image search: [Google]
Pliny_the_Elder[1].png
47 KB, 178x238
>Hope is the pillar that holds up the world. Hope is the dream of a waking man.
- Pliny the Elder
>I don't need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better.
- Plutarch
or alternatively anything from Bismarck
>>
>>681827
>in this ITT
ITT stands for in this thread
kill yourself
>>
>>689164
faggot
>>
Can't remember who said these but
"the most persistent sound that reverberates through history, is the beating of war drums" (or something to that effect)
"Men grow tired of music and dancing sooner than war"
>>
I know this has been debunked but it's a fucking good quote

"Live a good life. If there are Gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are Gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no Gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."

- Marcus Aurelius (allegedly)
>>
“Not advisable is spread thickly over this entire situation.”
>>
File: Probably did something wrong.jpg (50 KB, 524x787) Image search: [Google]
Probably did something wrong.jpg
50 KB, 524x787
>>681827
>Emilio De Bono, I give you command of East Africa and with it the Invasion of Ethiopia, it will be swift and deadly
-Mussolini
>BUGSSSS!!!!
-Emilio De Bono
>>
>>689164
it's a KC mene retart

same for RIP in peace yli popularised this

if ur not genious like us u shud leave this board
>>
Thou shalt not hear, thou shalt see my reply.
>>
File: 78944_rubicon_01_lg.gif (412 KB, 1024x813) Image search: [Google]
78944_rubicon_01_lg.gif
412 KB, 1024x813
Alea iacta est
>>
"The warrior may fight for gold or for an immediate gain, or for something to take home for the winter to feed the family. The soldier is part of a more complex society. He's fighting for a group ethic of some sort. A warrior is free to be a hero and pull off daring do and the soldier is irresponsible if he does it."
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.