[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your justifications for belief in the metaphysical and/or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: You'll never guess what anime.png (380 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
You'll never guess what anime.png
380 KB, 640x480
What are your justifications for belief in the metaphysical and/or the immaterial?
>>
>>678032
If I don't believe in a higher metaphysical meaning to this universe and actively search for one by whatever means of devotion I choose, I might as well be dead. I see no difference between accepting nihilism and committing suicide.
>>
>>678032
Ideas are non-physical.
Natural laws are ideas manifested in the physical.
It takes a mind to comprehend mind.
>>
>>678114
By the metaphysical and immaterial, I mean that which doesn't originate in the mind
>>
>>678123
lol. Go read a book.
>>
>>678133
lol. Go read a book.
>>
>>678123
Well your defination doesn't fit the what most people in philosophy when they say immaterial or metaphysical.

Immaterial is anything you can't touch such as patriotism or king author.

Metaphysics are universal laws, it's as the word sounds meta about physics.
>>
>>678032
I can feel the metaphysical realm exists. Understanding it is impossible though.
>>
>>678032
My feelings.
>>
>>678109
pursuing and hoping shouldn't mean believing
>>
>>678114
>>678123

>Ideas are non-physical
>mind is immaterial

how did you come to this conclusion?
>>
>>678109
>accepting nihilism and committing suicide.

Why does morality and purpose have to be objective in order to live?
>>
File: what is this.jpg (101 KB, 356x421) Image search: [Google]
what is this.jpg
101 KB, 356x421
>>678123
>By the metaphysical and immaterial, I mean that which doesn't originate in the mind
>>
personal experience
>>
>>678032
Why do you need to believe something you have evidence for.
>>
>>678032
my justification is simple: I don't have to justify shit.
>>
Because the material cannot account for its own existence
>>
My intuition tells me there is much more going on in the universe than what is observable by the senses. Can I prove it? No. Do I need to? No. Do I pursue the experience of the metaphysical? Yes. Literally every culture in the world has independently formed their own belief in the metaphysical.
>>
>>681213
Proof?

Evidence?

Proof?
>>
>>681248
I openly stated I can't prove it, nor do I need to. Experience can't be proven.
>>
>>681199
Why?
Reality is pretty weird.
>>
>>678109
Weakling, grasping onto your safety blanket at the edge of oblivion. Accept you eventual fate in the void and you will be better off knowing reality doesn't care, and that you can survive without its blessing.
>>
File: 1454349375538.gif (49 KB, 101x40) Image search: [Google]
1454349375538.gif
49 KB, 101x40
>>681278
Proof? Evidence? Proof?
>>
>>681313
Cringey as fuck
>>
>>681332
Tip*
Nah but seriously mate, it's even more pathetic and cringy to think that if life doesn't care about you that you should just die.
Why? Why would it really matter if there a point to it all or not? The end result is the same either way.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.