[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
East Africa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9
File: east africans.jpg (558 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
east africans.jpg
558 KB, 2400x2400
Tell me about East Africa.

Are they mixed niggers/arabs? Whats their history, anything of note?

Seems to be very little of whats supposed to be the place where modern humans originated
>>
I guess after spawning the human race they more or less felt that they'd done their part and decided to leave the rest to everyone else.
>>
>>675584
I know that around the middle ages or so they traded a bunch with Indians and Chinese until they were colonized. Other than i'm pretty sure they were total shit.
>>
File: CSxavwHWEAA8lp2.jpg-large.jpg (71 KB, 960x356) Image search: [Google]
CSxavwHWEAA8lp2.jpg-large.jpg
71 KB, 960x356
They wuz Pharaoh
>>
>>675584
Well, those east africans in the picture look cushitic, so they were THEY WUZ
>>
>>675584
East Africa is a big place. By your OP image, you seem to be most interested int the Horn of Africa?
>>
>>675612
Just a pic I gathered from another thread by an autist, tell me about the whole of it preferably since I know nothing
>>
Please don't use racist words in this board
>>
Horners are caucasians originated in Asia. They just "returned" to Africa caused by climate changes.
>>
>>675617
fuck off, nigger isn't racist just descriptive, means black in another fucking language it is as racist as saying "black person"
>>
>>675621
So they aren't the original inhabitants of east africa? So the ancient human skulls found there, isn't even them?
>>
>>675584
My Ethiopian mom got some genetic testing done recently.

54% Semitic. 46% Bantu.
>>
>>675630
Nope
>>
>>675617
false flag pls
>>
>>675633
Genetic tests rarely have DNA from the non standard places.

Aka if it ain't euro or East Asia it's just a massive ballpark figure.
>>
>>675634
Further southeast then, are they the protohumans?
>>675633
So they are mixed niggers/arab?
>>
>>675625
what is historical and cultural context tho
>>
>>675642
>Further southeast then, are they the protohumans?

Modern populations aren't the same as ancestral populations.
>>
>>675647
Last I checked we didn't enslave niggers from East africa, so you can go right on ahead and fuck off my website
>>
>>675640
Seems reasonable to me based on her features.

>>675642
>So they are mixed niggers/arab?
Pretty much. Afro-Asiatic I've heard is the term.
>>
>>675654
>being this desperate to justify saying one word

Just say it and spray it Cletus.
>>
>>675642
>protohumans
What? They're modern humans. There's no such thing as protohumans, everybody evolved.
>>
>>675584
Swahili
>we was traders

Ethiopians
>we was Christians

Nubians
>we was pharaohs

Malagasy
>we was Asians
>>
>>675658
I see, thanks lad.
>>675659
Back to tumblr
>>675664
Some evolved better than others, though.
>>
>>675584
Like another bloke said, East Africa is a huge place, you'll have to be more specific. Though what I can gather from your pic you seem more interested in the northeastern part? A lot of history there, Axum, Egypt, Punt, a dozen or so historically relevant city-states, religious significance, etc.
>>
>>675691
Mostly I was interested of what the oldest people had been up too, recently learned they aren't indigenous to Africa though, so this thread can 404 for all I care. Thanks anyway.
>>
>>675702
They are though.
>>
>>675711
This post>>675621 was lying then(no sources actually..)? Tell me what you know friend
>>
File: 720px-Afroasiatic.svg.png (30 KB, 720x420) Image search: [Google]
720px-Afroasiatic.svg.png
30 KB, 720x420
>>675658
That's not what afro-asiatic means though, it's a language family not a term for half blacks/MENA. Though they probably originate from some proto-language, which in turn implies a proto-people.
>>
>>675711
No, it's completely right, they are the results of a back-migration 20 thousand years ago.
>>
>>675669
>Some evolved better than others, though.
That's not how evolution works, idiot.
>>
File: 1450284585972.png (1 MB, 1280x903) Image search: [Google]
1450284585972.png
1 MB, 1280x903
>>675584
East Africa was always historically the most developed and interconnected part of Sub-Saharan Africa. They used to have ties all along the classical world.
>>
>>675617
Is "snow nigger" racist?
>>
>>676170
Are you beneath a racoon? Face it lad, evolution did a better job with some.
>>
>>676206
Every modern species is just as far evolved as any other. You, a birchnut tree, and E. coli are all equally distant from the original life on Earth and just as highly evolved to suit their niche. This also applies to all modern humans

Evolution doesn't work like in fucking pokemon where there's neat tiers and power levels.
>>
>>675584
Axum empire, motherfuckers
>>
>>676212
It didn't say they evolved LESS, just we better.
>>
>>676219
All life is "better" at its particular niche. I bet you're fucking garbage at photosynthesizing.
>>
>>676175
Aksum was the one hope Africa had at keeping up with the rest of the world. It is a shame that their currency collapsed
>>
>>676221
Whats niggers niche then, asking for gibs? This "all peoples and cultures are equal" bullshit is gonna kill the West.
>>
File: journal.pgen.1004393.g002.png (1015 KB, 1159x1600) Image search: [Google]
journal.pgen.1004393.g002.png
1015 KB, 1159x1600
>>675621
While yes, we did back cross (Ethio-Somali, Ethiopic and Ancient North Africa) but it's inaccurate to state we are Caucasoid. Rather Europeans and Middle Easterns/North South Asians are "Aethioids".

We retained the original phenotype of the second wave (first are ancestors of Ancient South Asians & Australoids) of migrating Africans out of the continent the most (with later Nilo-Saharan intergression) those Eurasian people absorbed Neanderthal, Mal'ta-Buret' (north Asian) and/or Ancient South Asian ancestry.
>>
>>676246
What, didn't quite catch that. Are you saying that east africans are older caucasians than actual caucasians from the Caucasus region or something? They migrated back, what, 20-something thousand years ago? Plenty of people in the Eurasian landmass by then.
>>
File: anthro-4.jpg (191 KB, 1280x854) Image search: [Google]
anthro-4.jpg
191 KB, 1280x854
Cushites are a more recent ethnicity.
The San peoples are a better example of what the earliest humans were like.
>>
>>676256
You do know that Caucasian wasn't intended to mean 'people who came from the Caucasus region' when it was used as a biological term, also that it's actually not a valid technical term for distinguishing genetic differences between populations these days.
>>
>>676268
You're right, I'm just railing against your revisionist ramble. Cushites are just Eurasians that went back in the Paleolithic.
>>
File: tishkoffoutofafricageneticflow.jpg (83 KB, 400x337) Image search: [Google]
tishkoffoutofafricageneticflow.jpg
83 KB, 400x337
>>676256
Ethio-Somalis, Ancient North Africans and Ethiopics returned to Africa over 30k years ago.

>>676258
This is an incorrect assessment for two reasons

1. Khoi-San like San have Paleo-African ancestry (first modern humans + a hybrid Human/Neanderthal like hominid) unlike the rest of the World

2. Unlike Khoisan, Ancient East African dna correlates to non-African human populations as being largely subsets of East African biodiversity. They migrated out and peopled the rest of the world, some stayed close then returned.

Also fun fact Khoi (and some San) have East African/Sandawe ancestry.
>>
>>676274
Eurasians are East African derived people, not the other way around.
>>
>>676274
Different anon to the one who posted the charts.
>>
>>676277
>>676281
Are you two east africans? How did you get it in your head that East Africans came before Eurasians if they are Eurasians in their yDNA and mtDNA?

I'm going to stop here because population migrations and genetics is not my strong suit, and wait for someone more knowledgeable to post and dispel this nonsense. Literally the first I've heard of this.
>>
>>676288
Nah I'm Australian, just interested in evolution, people evolved in east Africa, of course Eurasians are derived from east Africans.
>>
>>676294
The same "protohumans" of anatomically modern humans are not the same as todays east africans or more of a descendant to them than you and I, you realize this yes? They are literally maghrebi people who went back to sub-saharan Africa in the paleolithic, mingled with the southeast africans and voila, you have east africans.
>>
>>676300
Yea but this is a true statement >>676281. We're talking about evolution so obviously not referring to modern populations being ancestral.
>>
>>676288
No both are me
>>676282
>>676268
Is someone else.

Regardless Tiskoff is the foremost expert on African genetics for the better part of 25+years and while you may not understand human migration or genetics I provided very clear and accessible sources that show East African genetics
>>676300
Ancient North Africans diverged from back crossing East Africans, looking at genetics here

>The results show that the most ancient haplogroup is L3*, which would have been introduced to North Africa from eastern sub-Saharan populations around 20,000 years ago. Our results also point to a less ancient western sub-Saharan gene flow to Tunisia, including haplogroups L2a and L3b. This conclusion points to an ancient African gene flow to Tunisia before 20,000 BP. These findings parallel the more recent findings of both archaeology and linguistics on the prehistory of Africa. The present work suggests that sub-Saharan contributions to North Africa have experienced several complex population processes after the occupation of the region by anatomically modern humans. Our results reveal that Berber speakers have a foundational biogeographic root in Africa and that deep African lineages have continued to evolve in supra-Saharan Africa
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21082907

it clearly shows Ancient North Africans coming from Ancient East Africans through.

Simple admixture models cannot account for us so I refer you back to >>676277
>>
>>676277
The article in which this was mentioned only talked about the Khoe-Kwadi tribe having a Eurasian admixture of up to 14%.
Whether or not a back migration really did take place 3000 years ago, the main Y-DNA of the San peoples is still much older than the Haplogroup E1b1b of Cushites
>>
Semitic speakers are more mixed than the purer blooded Cushitic speakers.
While differences between Somalis and Ethiopians may be hard to tell one trait is that the Ethiopians are stockier and lighter skinned from living at a higher and colder altitude and some have freckles while Somalis, Afars, and Beja tend to be darker skinned taller and more slender.
Genetically speaking Haplogroup E1b1b is about as similar to E1b1a as R1b is to R1a.
>>
File: habesha.jpg (8 KB, 132x230) Image search: [Google]
habesha.jpg
8 KB, 132x230
>>676353
While there is a certain degree of recent Eurasian ancestry from Oorlam populations most of that "Eurasian" ancestry is actually derived from Stone Bowl Culture East Africans

Though of course San and Khoi are derived largely from a collection of distinct and separate Ancient South African hunter gather apiculturist groups.

>>676368
Don't generalize Ethiopians we vary widely given relatively recent Imperial land grabs and subjugation of Abyssinia and previous regimes. There is no standard Ethiopian, diaspora like myself aren't all that representative.

>Semitic speakers are more mixed
Well that's not unique to Ethiopia, South Arabians speakers are cushitic influenced like Mehri. In fact their languages show clear cushitic substrate.

>freckles

Eh. I wouldn't call them freckles, more like sunspots like pic related. Some Somali have them.
>>
File: Ethiopia, 1931 (7).jpg (163 KB, 800x546) Image search: [Google]
Ethiopia, 1931 (7).jpg
163 KB, 800x546
Pretty funky hats
>>
>>676175
Tell me about these citystates and kingdoms lad
>>
>>675746
i thought it's new fancy word for hamitic
>>
>>676588
That person would only be half hamitic then.
>>
>>676588
>>676660
Actually 0% hamitic if its a half semite (i.e arab) and Bantu.
>>
While they've been influenced by their southern neighbors, they're semetic caucasians.

Also, Axum and Eretria have a cool history.
>>
>>676444
Trips for the Funky Hats of Ethiopia
>>
>>676175
>>676216
>>676232
>>676724

These guys Tee bee H FlimFam
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.