[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>feeling bad about China's "century of humiliation"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Capture_of_Lang_Son.jpg (1 MB, 2099x1301) Image search: [Google]
Capture_of_Lang_Son.jpg
1 MB, 2099x1301
>feeling bad about China's "century of humiliation"

Why the hell for? China in the 19th Century was just another imperial power holding other nations (Xinjiang, the Han, Dzhungaria) in subjugation, same as the Ottomans and Russia. Two of the so-called wars in which they were humiliated were being fought by Chinese troops overseas (in Vietnam and Korea).

The Qing were an empire built on conquest. They deserved to be raped. They were asking for it.
>>
>>899798
I'm inclined to agree, but the current status of the Manchus is just fucking pitiful. Went out with a whimper into the recesses of history, absorbed into the Han cultural monstrosity.
>>
>>899798
>Those uniforms on the left.

Hnnnng
>>
>>899798
Because the average Chink paid the price for many of those things?
>Unequal treaties.
>Taiping rebellion.
>Opium addiction.
>Colonial powers treating Chinese like shit in their own country and dictating Chink policy.

Also Xinjiang was a Chinese invention. The Uyghurs did not hold the whole fucking province: just the city states of Khotan and a bit to the North. Dzungaria was asking for it when it tried going Mongol Empire 3.0 but promptly got itself fucked in the 1700's.

Don't even get me started on how Tibet asked for Chinese overlordship versus the scary Gurkhas, and then have the gall to M-MUH INDEPENDENCE when the Qing was declining.
>>
>>899909
Chinese deserved to be raped for their arrogant assumptions of superiority, same as effete Europeans now are when they discover that the more virile and manly Arabs are not going to play by their rules.
>>
The "century of humiliation" should start when they were forced to have those stupid looking queues, and it only ended when everybody started to cut theirs
>>
>>900012
>europeans believe they are superior
what are you talking about, europe is full of cucks
>>
>>900270
The Qing did lead China to a golden 18th Century for all its faults in the 19th.

Also compared to Mongols, the Manchus did not make the Chinese second class citizens in their own land. The queue and that stupid dress was the limit of Manchuness enforced by the Qingz.

Not to mention the Queus stemmed from the Chinese practice of political haircuts anyway. Except the Manchus interpreted it as "the same hairstyle the ruler has."

If anything, it was the Manchus that were Chinked and not the other way around. At the end of the day it was simply the matter of the Aisin Gioro Dynasty wanting to have a big empire. They didn't see it like the Mongols as some sort of national domination of another nation.
>>
More like China's dynasty of humiliation. I'm surprised more Chinese didn't kill themselves over having to wear an ugly-ass queue hairstyle and Manchu fucking shit clothing, talk about a downgrade from the Ming.

I know Chinese like to lament the loss of their precious Han emperors, but the loss of aesthetics was probably worse.
>>
>>900420
There are actually some young people trying to restore han aesthetics through the internet. And as far as I've seen not just for Muh pretty dress, muh so cultured attention whoring either, some actually wear practical clothes on a daily basis. Hopefully this doesnt die or become some cosplay meme.
>>
File: Zhongshan Suit.jpg (28 KB, 350x493) Image search: [Google]
Zhongshan Suit.jpg
28 KB, 350x493
>>900473
>And as far as I've seen not just for Muh pretty dress
Not really. The Hanfu movement succeeded in making it in for weddings in the North/Taiwan.

Anyway the modern "traditional" Chinese dress is neither the Hanfu nor the Qing Cheongsam. It's the Zhongshan Suit popularized by Sun Yatsen and Mao Zedong. It's basically a 1900's military uniform sans the ammo pouches worn by the cunts who revolted against the Qing in 1911.
>>
>>900492
a lot of the official “traditional chinese” stuff today were defined by ccp anyway, I just hope hanfu can make a come back somehow. Not expecting it to be the norm since I dont think its practical to wear robes all day nowdays, but simplfied modern clothes with hanfu elements, like modern western suits, would be nice
>>
>>900927
I hope traditional Chinese culture can make a comeback. I know that they are trying, but turning into another American cultural consumer shithole would be a shame.

Everyone talks about how the CCP hates traditional Chinese culture, and that's just not true.

It's just hard to afford and awkward to wear in modern Chinese society.

Nonetheless, I hope that old and new society can flourish. They need to restore more of their past. Clothes and temples aren't gonna lead to their century of humiliation.
>>
>>900927
Zhongshan suit is also worn in Taiwan, though they utilized the gray(er_ one to avoid Mao Zedong hind Sun Yat Sen or Chiang Kai-shek instead,

It's basically "Le Modern but still Traditional Chinese" dress.
>>
>>900939
>They need to restore more of their past. Clothes and temples aren't gonna lead to their century of humiliation.
Yeah, it'd be such a shame for China of all places to forget their past in that way.
>>
>>900351
They think they are superior because they are more cucked and have a better understanding of human rights and liberal values compared to authoritarian, imperialistic shitholes like America, Russia, China, or biogted and intolerant Africans, Indians and Muslims.

They are discovering right now that the superiority of their values is not enough to save them.
>>
>>900012
>Arabs
It's not the Arabs invading Europe, it's the Somalis.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.