[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it just me /his/ or are history lessons nowadays pro-islam
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
File: commies.jpg (31 KB, 324x196) Image search: [Google]
commies.jpg
31 KB, 324x196
is it just me /his/ or are history lessons nowadays pro-islam biased?

I'm talking about krautschool history primarily.

/pol/'s "Merkel's NWO agenda" please fuck off,
I wanna know whether others also notice this
>>
>>671886
Of course they are. The same people advocating the illegal mass immigration of Muslim men are indoctrinating your children's mind.
>>
>>671886
More like we are removing the old bias against Islam that used to plague historical discussion for centuries, and still does in some places.

Also, nice biased propaganda image. It really drives home your post.
>>
>>671899
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>671899
Excuse the pic, it's unrelated.
>>
>>671900
Thank you for your contribution to the thread. With more good posts like yours, we can make /his/ into its own thing, rather than a /pol/ colony. Keep it up!
>>
White people invented most things we see today in the world. Everyone knows this so teachers and education boards decide to highlight the few triumphs that Islamic societies achieved, and the black society and Asians and so on until you no longer have room for any thing else in the curriculum. Western history is shafted and thus what we get is a limited view only pertaining to our own countries. This is disastrous, and has raised a couple generations of students who are historically illiterate. They no longer know the triumphs of western civilisation and do not know where their origins lies. Then you have the commies' subversions with their infiltrators trying to dismantle the tenements of our glorious western culture. This creates a lost generation, one without knowledge of their own histories they only know that it is bad and must be destroyed!
>>
I don't think my hisory lessons were, Islam generally wasn't an important topic. Only Ottoman and Arab expansion were covered; we were neither taught about le golden age nor about the arab/ottoman slave trade though.

TV docs about Islamic history are desperately trying to be PC of course but I usually don't watch them anyway.
>>
>>671914
>white people invented most things

The Chinese invented the rest though, the Indians had a couple good ones too
>>
>>671921
If Islam wasn't an important topic in your history lessons than they were in fact biased, just in the opposite direction. Like it or not, Islam was very relevant for a very long time, and still is.
Arab and Ottoman expansion, Persia and Mongol states, Crusades, "le Golden Age" as you put it, and so on are all very important.
>>
>>671931
Well, time is limited. Better study European history in depth than just have a very superficial understanding of everything. Btw, China before the Boxer Rebellion wasn't covered at all.
>>
>>671922
>the Indians had a couple good ones too

like shitting in the street?
>>
>>671948
Can't beat it for the convenience
>>
>>671948
Absolute comfyness
>>
>>671922
"Indians" count as white retarts

The whole fucking culture is based off Aryan invaders who found Persia and Hindu, and later went into Europe and other funding the IE languages.
>>
>>671968
Whites are westerners
>>
>>671914
oh no!
>>
>>671886

/pol/ is right this time.
>>
>>671899
>More like we are removing the old bias against Islam that used to plague historical discussion for centuries
[citation needed]
>>
>>671969
ah so that's why Slavs are not white...
>>
>>671899
>the old bias against Islam

Are you sure about this? If anything, the current anti-Islam wave (by no means dominant in our culture) is relatively new. Only a few decades ago, Islam and Middle Eastern culture in general was romanticised in the West, to the point this arguably hampered America's attempts to manage Iran. Further back, you have the Moors being viewed positively in popular culture, e.g. Othello.

You can't just make a blanket statement that the West has historically been anti-Islam.
>>
>>672375
Not to mention Saladin was praised by christian monks.
>>
>>672375
Exactly. Pre 9/11 you would probably find most people had a neutral or positive view of Islam.
>>
>>671968
>The whole fucking culture is based off Aryan invaders
>conveniently ignore pre-aryan vedic element

Remember, pre-aryan India have functioning cities with sewer and such.
>>
>>672415
and so did post AM cities, which were based off existing IVC designs.
Whatever remains of pataliputra is built in the same way.
>>
>>671886
My history lessons barely ever mentioned Muslims.
>>
>>671899

>old bias against Islam

What old bias? Islam represented cool sultans and magnificent cities in the desert nights a few decades ago, now they're seen as hurkadurka because they want all hurkadurka.
>>
>>672315
They are idiot.
>>
>>672375
Don't forget that Hitler out of all people adored Islam.

If you want to see actual long lasting anti-islam bias see Buddhists or Hindu, but then, they have a PRETTY GOOD reason for it.
>>
>>671969
>>672315

White is a social construct
>>
Islam is equally covered with Christianity, Buddhism, Judaism, Sikhism, and Hinduism in AP Human Geography. In Florida, anyways.
>>
There are two sides to the disinformation concerning Islam:

On the one hand you have propaganda spamming that all Muslims are savage beasts and that we must bomb them into oblivion to protect our greatest ally and ourselves, because they pose a grave threat to the world.

On the other hand you have propaganda spamming pro-Muslim mass immigration messages trying to convince people that Islam is egalitarian, peaceful and more science-loving than Christianity. Trying to convince people (mainly in Europe) that "Mass immigration of Muslims into Europe means that a Golden Age is just around the corner."

Both are very, very false.
>>
>>672559
to be fair nuking mecca and roasting bacon on that stone would be pretty fun senpai
>>
>>672540
So is Islam. "There's no such thing as a Muslim because Islam is a social construct."
>>
>>672563
Not really considering millions of refugees would flood into Europe. Idiot.
>>
>>672315
howdy mehmet
>>
>>672375
/this
>>672469
/this
>>
File: Eminent_Historians.jpg (7 KB, 131x200) Image search: [Google]
Eminent_Historians.jpg
7 KB, 131x200
Islam as a religion favours centralized rule by a priestly caste, so it's favoured by most intellectuals over religions that preach the principle of subsidiarity and values local authority over central ones, such as Christianity, Hinduism and Confucianism.

That's an universal phenomenom, in India, there is a huge controversy because the education system is extremely biased for Islam and communism, and against Hinduism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCERT_textbook_controversy
>>
>>672375
Thank you, finally someone writes something sane about Islam and the West on the Internet
>>
>>672375
based anon.
Cucks of both sides BTFO yet again
>>
>>671899

"I was born after 9/11", the post.
>>
it's more just xenophilia (mollycoddling multiculturalism) in general than pro-islam, them just happen to be there
>>
>>672272
>/pol/ is right this time.
This time? It's always right.
>>
>>673392
/thread
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.