[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
awww shit know what time it is? thats right, Ask someone who
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Phoenix.png (42 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
Phoenix.png
42 KB, 256x256
awww shit know what time it is? thats right, Ask someone who almost majored in roman/byzantine history anything. Ill do my best to answer!
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 400x400
>>671613
How common was Anal Birth in the Roman Republic? Did it get more or less prevalent during the Empire?
>>
>>671617
Well with all the incest fucking caligula and nero instituted it was all over the place. It was nigh unknown prior to Aninan Corpullas Cinna and his consulship
>>
>>671622
How does incest enter into it?
>>
>>671627
Thats the only way anal babies happened before the advent of incubators. For some reason the babies migrate to the colon if they are incestual.
>>
>>671613
How did new works of literature or history circulate, and what did reading one involve?
>>
>>671662
Word of mouth, It either circulated amongst patrician families who would bring it up and chat about it or through traders. Reading was more common in rome then in latter ages europe, but it was rare only noble or scholars did it on any regular basis.
>>
>>671662
I meant to specify, in the period before the codex developed

>>671672
Was it possible to buy already written scrolls or did you have to make a request for what you wanted a copy of? I remember reading that patricians would borrow scrolls from each other and have their personal scribes make a copy. Do you know if it was more common for the literate to have their own copies or whether they headed to a library if they needed to consult a work?
>>
>>671685
Some of the more popular ones could be bought at will, Like the Illiad or the Odyssey usually sold so traders could have those at sales and it be a safe bet. For anything rarer they would have to have it made or buy it from a friend. Generally most had their own libraries as it was a source of prestige but in some major cities there were libraries. Like the one in alexandria, but it was extremely hard to get into it.
>>
>>671613
If Pertinax's household guard stood his ground instead of caving, would the praetorian guard have backed down when called on their honor as citizens in your opinion?

If they did, would promises of land in the provinces in lieu of donatives be sufficient to stop the 'auction then slaughter the winner' model of emperor election that followed?
>>
Why is the quintic unsolveable?
>>
>>671939
No, for some reason it seems to be almost in the roman DNA to do whatver it takes to gain money and power. >>672471
i dont fuckin know
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.