[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people on these internet forums call spooks memes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Max_stirner.jpg (10 KB, 200x237) Image search: [Google]
Max_stirner.jpg
10 KB, 200x237
Why do people on these internet forums call spooks memes?
>>
It satisfies their ego my friend, why else?
>>
>>669722
can someone explain spooks? I sort of get the idea but I can't find a simple explanation.
>>
>>669857
A spook is a term stirner uses to describe an immaterial idea, concept or construct that "possesses" people to do things they ordinarily wouldn't. Morality, Ideology, Religion, Superstition, Honour, are all examples of spooks.
>>
>>670001
So it's the "social construct" of its current year
>>
>No proof of Stirner's existence since no photos exist, only 'his' workers and sketches of him

what if.... stirner was a spook
>>
>>670095
Would explain why Marx was so buttmad
>>
>>670037
>So it's the "social construct" of its current year
A social construct is type of spook, and the idea of a social construct is also a spook.
>>
>>670037
No, it doesn't have to be a what we'd consider "social constructs", a spook is literally anything that possesses you beyond your personal self-interest as an individual. It is of course acknowledged that wanting to be free of spooks is, in itself, a spook.
>>
>>670001
The very concept of spooks is a spook, man.
>>
>>671477
>>670144
>double dubs
spooky
>>
>>670001
>>670144
was there some kind of connotation behind the word 'spook' that Stirner intended there to be
>>
>>671506
Since a lot of his work was tearing down Hegelian philosophers (even while he himself was debateably a Hegelian philosopher) he may have been spoofing Hegel, and he may have been trying to underscore how the fact that these ideas are fundamentally just fictions.
>>
That guy was so lucky, his shitposts have been immortalized
>>
>>671712
Why do you think he's brought up so much. He's the ideal we all strive for.
Yes, even the part where he gets but by a bug and dies
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.