[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the "if Hitler was let into art school, there would be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: adolf-hitler.jpg (78 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
adolf-hitler.jpg
78 KB, 1024x576
Is the "if Hitler was let into art school, there would be no WW2!" meme true?

There's no way something so simple could have changed history so much
>>
>>669385
>no WW2
Who is Stalin? What is USSR?
>>
>>669385
Kind of.

Hitler only started getting into radical German nationalism after that, had he been busy being an artist and never went to fight in WW1 he wouldn't have entered politics.

Although in that case WW2 would happen anyway, just with the Soviets on the not-allies side, and Italy (and possibly Japan) on the allied side.
>>
>>669385
>What was Versailles?
>>
>>669395
This. The situation in Weimar Republic was still shitty and there were enough butthurt German veterans from WWI. Stalin would've easily found another helper.
>>
>>669403
>Hitler only started getting into radical German nationalism after that

what is WW1?
>>
Is the "if there was no tea party there would be no American revolutionary war " meme true?
kek
WWII would have happened in any case.
>>
>>669385
muh great man theory
>>
>>669385
check the circumstances, faggot. history to me seems more like a deterministic thing, and the people acting in it are only there because the time demands exactly this people. wouldnt it be hitler it would be some other guy, like michael müller or so. after all there was a huge sovietunion with the agenda of world revolution, a defeated germany who wanted revanche and an aggresice japan. this plus the economic crisis in the western world calls for an enormous war
>>
From Hitler's own autobiography, paraphrased

>examiner said I'd be better off as an architect because I was a mediocre painter
>I thought math and science were not necessary so I didn't study them and thus could not try to become an architect

And yeah no Hitler rose to power because he appealed to an angry german populace. Somebody would have taken advantage eventually.
>>
File: propaganda02.jpg (94 KB, 400x465) Image search: [Google]
propaganda02.jpg
94 KB, 400x465
>>669385
Imagine if Lenin wasn't let out of prison, Hitler would be accepted into art school and Stalin wasn't kicked out of seminary

Macabre
>>
>>669467
WW1 happened after he got rejected from art school, dumbass.

Not to mention he was already into German nationalism prior to WW1, hence why he enlisted to fight for Germany rather than his native Austria.
>>
>>669484
Yup i agree with your deterministic view. In my oppinion important persons of history ride on the waves of determinism. In a economically stable germany hitler would have been a joke, i do believe though that the important persons have some room to determine the outcome. If it wasn´t for hitler maybe a more conservative/sane/less antisemitic person would have gained the leadership. This isn´t necessarily a good thing, maybe ww2 would have started later with atom bombs used or something like this.
>>
>>669621
The Moscow all-party Soviet leads the 1918 revolution and DVNP Germany starts WWII.
>>
>>669609
This, we're lucky the man channeling the anger of the Germans happened to be as incompetent as he was. If not we'd probably be eating schnitzel right now.
>>
The German Worker's Party probably wouldn't have made it anywhere without Hitler, and if he was accepted into art school he'd probably not be interested in Fascism.

WWII probably would've happened because everyone was afraid of communism but it probably would've been a lot more one sided and would be in the 50s or so.
>>
>>670216
>If not we'd probably be eating schnitzel right now
I mean, that doesn't sound like a bad thing
>>
>>669385
No, HItler was a product of the times. If he didn't rise to power he'd just be some nobody history wouldn't know and we'd be asking this same question about someone else.
>>
File: My Commune Sense is Tingling.png (53 KB, 236x263) Image search: [Google]
My Commune Sense is Tingling.png
53 KB, 236x263
>>670216
>tfw eating Schnitzel right now
>>
Not really, in Mein Kamf he explains himself that we wasn't all that butthurt about it and they recommended that he take up architecture and he agreed with them. As some sort of "start of evil" story it's pretty bullshit.

As for why he started hating the jews, he actually explains this as well. He mentions checking out some "fringe newspapers" that he normally considered unintelligent and boorish on a whim, and when he checked their facts about Jewish power and (mostly left-leaning) influence in Germany's media and politics he decided to take up the cause. So he essentially did the early 20th century equivalent of going to /pol/ and getting "redpilled."

The real question is if he army buddy didn't hire him to be a state shill to spy on the NSDAP (before eventually going rogue and joining them for real) would there be no WW2?
>>
>>671197
>Germany
Or Austria rather.

Also he really fucking hated the Habsburg monarchy.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.