[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Evil is what inhibits perfection. Matter is where evil happens.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: download (11).jpg (22 KB, 194x260) Image search: [Google]
download (11).jpg
22 KB, 194x260
Evil is what inhibits perfection. Matter is where evil happens. Lack of self-awareness/reflexive self-identification with all the kooky shit your materially-based mind is how it happens. Prove me wrong. Protip: you cant
>>
http://mundusmillennialis.com

>23.

>WHAT CONSTITUTES “EVIL”?

>WHAT CONSTITUTES “EVIL” IS PERMANENT OBSOLESCENCE; ALL THAT WHICH IS PASSIVELY, OR ACTIVELY, DETRIMENTAL TO PERFECTION; ALL THAT WHICH PROMOTES DECAY EITHER VIA NEGATIVE —EXPIRING— MOTION, OR NEGATIVE —INERT— STASIS.

>WHAT CONSTITUTES “GOOD”?

>WHAT CONSTITUTES “GOOD” IS NOT ONLY IMMANENT ACTUALITY; ALL THAT WHICH IS CONDUCIVE TO PERFECTION; ALL THAT WHICH PROMOTES INTEGRATION EITHER VIA POSITIVE —INSPIRING— MOTION, OR POSITIVE —KINETIC— STASIS, BUT ALSO THAT WHICH PROACTIVELY STAVES OFF “EVIL” IN ALL ITS MANIFESTATIONS, WITH THE ULTIMATE GOAL OF ERADICATING IT.

>THE FUNCTION OF “GOOD” IS DOUBLE: TO RECONCILE AND OPTIMIZE, AND TO ACHIEVE PERFECTION, THE FORMER BEING A PREREQUISITE FOR THE LATTER; CORRESPONDINGLY, THE ABSOLUTE AND RELATIVE EFFECTS OF “EVIL” ARE DOUBLE ALSO, DESPITE “EVIL” HAVING ONLY ONE FUNCTION —TO DISINTEGRATE—; CONSEQUENTLY, “EVIL ACTION” IS ALWAYS MORE IMMEDIATELY EFFECTIVE, AND MORE DIFFICULT TO CURTAIL, THAN “GOOD ACTION” —IT IS ALWAYS EASIER TO DESTROY, AND TO KILL, THAN IT IS TO CREATE, AND TO CONCEIVE.

>BOTH, “GOOD”, AND “EVIL”, ARE NECESSARILY MEDIATED QUALITIES, THEREFORE SOMEONE PURE —PURELY POTENTIAL, OR PURELY ACTUAL— IS BEYOND “GOOD”, AND “EVIL” —PURE POTENTIALITY, AND PURE ACTUALITY, THEMSELVES, BEING UNMEDIATED CONDITIONS OF BEING; ID EST: IMMEDIATE.

>PURITY IS BEYOND ETHICOMORALITY.
>>
>>900690
>24.

>SOMETHING WHICH REGARDS ITS OWN SELFPRESERVATION, AND THE STRIVING TOWARD THAT SELFPRESERVATION, AS ENDS IN THEMSELVES, IS “EVIL”.

>SOMETHING WHICH PERSISTS IN THE CONTINUATION OF ITS OWN PERMANENCE AFTER HAVING BECOME OBSOLETE, OR INAPT, BECOMES “EVIL”.
>>
>>900690
Yeah p much this except with the added caveat that what negates perfection/being is Nonbeing/unreality
>>
>>>/x/
>>
>>900671
You are a gnostic.
Gnostics are wrong.
You are wrong.
>>
>>900702
Nope. Learn to read m8
>>
>>900671
>>900690
OK definitions, if a bit vague. Might be easier to define evil as "immorality, wickedness, and depravity, especially when regarded as a supernatural force"

>"Matter is where 'evil happens' "
I agree with that. If only because matter is where everything happens.

>'Lack of self awareness is how "it" (evil?) happens.'
Sometimes yes, other times no.

>reflexive self-identification with all the kooky shit your materially-based mind is how it happens
wut.

Protip: stop being vague and stake a real claim.
>>
>>900743
Take a serial murderer. He self-identifies with his paraphilic urges reflexively. He is conscious but he is conscious of the wrong things, conscious at a low level. If he observed his own mind instead of reacting passively to it he might be able to resist the urge, but usually at that point it's too late.
>>
>>900743
>"Matter is where 'evil happens' "

do you honestly think this sentence makes any sense?
>>
>>900760
But your example of a paraphiliac murderer isn't the only possible case. We don't all share perfectly alike morals.
It's easy to consider another hypothetical wherein: a murderer is self-conscious, and is acting very intentionally to end the life of another person. Nothing to resist.
>>
>>900772
The desires of the flesh, worldly ambition,, etc. Not that hard spergo
>>
>>900784
matter is where interaction between atoms happens. see spergo, your sentence is retarded.
>>
>>900772
No of course not, it's gobbledygook. But I'll interpret it to the best of my ability and respond pragmatically/in English. Folks who talk like this can be easily disabused of their kooky "theories" when someone forces them to really explain what they mean.
>>
>>900781
That is a myopic consciousness, still influenced by the murderous drive. Big difference between being conscious during something and conscious of it
>>
>>900789
lol. Dude. matter. the flesh. External things. Matter. Physical stuff. Everything that can suffocate and kill the spirit of you let it. how fucking autistic are you?
>>
>>900794
Le ebin reason man is on the case!
>>
>>900797
You're trying to alter MY hypothetical by "moving the goalpost," but I'll play along just this one time.

OK, say that the murderer is conscious OF (not merely conscious DURING the act) of all of the moral and existential implications of ending a life - and the murderer still wants to, and does, kill the person. Can you say that this comes from "lack of self awareness" ? You can't.
>>
File: spurd.jpg (66 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
spurd.jpg
66 KB, 800x800
>>900810
ty XDDDD
>>
>>900805

>Matter. Physical stuff

how was i wrong?
>>
>>900817
>has an expansive, purity of consciousness cultivated by years of meditative and contemplative practice designed to reveal habitual patterns of thought and behavior
>still kills for pleasure

A contradiction in terms. We are talking felt, experiential knowledge, not intellectual knowledge
>>
>>900831
Lel m8 I can't believe how hard of a time you're having with such a simple point.
>>
>>900840
Trying to change MY hypothetical is proving your theory to be very weak. You have unobserved observations, which is ironic considering you're apparently advocating for cool contemplation.

He's not killing for pleasure. He's killing because he feels that it is the right thing to do. There is no contradiction here. You're just too afraid to admit that there are people in the world that are fully aware that they are causing the deaths of others, and do it anyways.
>>
>>900865
I'm not arguing for an absolute moral code. I never was. Murder is not necessarily evil, murder for sexual gratification is at least per the definition I posted
>>
>>900850

just hard to understand how matter is where evil happens, does evil happen in the matter of the sky?
>>
>>900876
Are you arguing for the existence of "evil (noun)" as a real substance that exists independent of "evil (adj.)" [ie. some things can be said to be evil] ?

It seems to me that, if your argument is "murder for sexual gratification is evil" let's leave it at that. You won't find a strong disagreement from me - I will contend however that morals are subjective.
>>
>>900887
Evil happens in the nature of matter. Blind drives (you can physiologically be attracted to your daughter while finding the thought repugnant, if you're unlucky enough to be wired that way), blind self-propagation (neurons are selected through process analogous to Darwinian selection), blind mechanicity (addiction cascades), etc.
>>
>>900902
I'm arguing that what we conventionally consider evil is the counter-force that inhibits the natural actualization if reality. Get people together, they will naturally build a community and improve on it. Abducting and murdering a child of that community is an evil to that community
>>
>>900919
What is "the actualization of reality"?

Not all people, having "gotten together" will build a community - sometimes they ostracize and kill each other.

Murdering a child is immoral to this community, hypothetically, but sacrificing the child to the harvest god might not be.

I still think you're being vague, or that you don't have a non-obvious point to make at all. What is it you're REALLY saying?
>>
>>900935
All beings aspire toward a good. The good is the equilibrium between the needs of the individual and the community most conducive to the growth and betterment of said community. Evil is what is counter to that in the most extreme sense. There.
>>
>>900941
Sorry that's just not true. MOST beings exist in a terrifying struggle for resources with the threat of death around them constantly. You know that.
>>
>>900999
Uh, duh, did I say that was the good? That's why the good is the good lol
>>
File: elk island.png (74 KB, 495x700) Image search: [Google]
elk island.png
74 KB, 495x700
>>901003
But most "beings" don't "aspire" towards that balance. Humans, animals, protozoans (what have you) have historically always favored themselves even when it has caused their own extinction.

read here:
http://www.stuartmcmillen.com/comics_en/st-matthew-island/
>>
>>901022
There's a confusion here. The conventional good is that balance. It is the conventional good because it is what facilitates the true aim, which is the REALIZATION of the good, which is just a term to denote what it is beings naturally aspire towards, which might as well be called perfection. In initiatic circles, for example, virtue which is what is usually what people think of when they think of goodness, is merely a tool of purification necessary to realize these higher states, and not the end in and of itself
>>
>>901061
good=perfection=balance?
is a barren planet balanced?
>>
>>901071
Balance is conducive to, and a quality of, perfection but not perfection in and of itself

A thing is only perfect when it is fully and purely itself
>>
>>901081
what isn't itself?
>>
>>901121
Consciousness polluted by the unconsciousness of matter
>>
>>901138
Consciousness is inextricable from matter. Damage the brain - you damage the mind.
>>
>>901157
Inextricable but not equivalent to. You only damage cognition btw, not the fact of consciousness-stream itself
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.