[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
humanites tiers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: schematic2.jpg (140 KB, 1303x1306) Image search: [Google]
schematic2.jpg
140 KB, 1303x1306
Has there been an arrangement of tiers among the sub-disciplines encompassed on board? What is the most elitist specialzation snowlfake you are aware of?
>>
File: tier lists.jpg (106 KB, 535x645) Image search: [Google]
tier lists.jpg
106 KB, 535x645
What you need to know about tiers
>>
>>668778
>no law
O-ok, I don't care anyway
>>
> neuroscience less complicated than philosophy

Dude what
>>
>>668778
>tfw Classics Major Turkroach
feels good φαμ
>>
>>669218
I always have so much more difficulty reading Philosophy books than anything else, even Economics.
>>
>>669254
Have you ever cut open or comprehended a brain, or done research that helped someone do so?
>>
>>669254
I assume this is why OP has a "Verbal" axis, though.

like >>669285
pointed out, I still think the neuroscientist has the more complex challenges overall

I mean, couldn't it be argued that the philosopher simply blindly stumbles around in what the neuroscientist actually attempts to understand?
>>
Did this person not understand the concept of making thier shit legitable?

anyway, I'm pretty sure psychology, criminology and even nursing requires more intelligence than theology and classics

>inb4 mad

they're pretty redundant subjects which only exist because old Oxbridge fags thought they were cool
>>
What about architecture and urbanism?
>>
Why is Classics so high up? It might be because I'm an American but most of the Classics majors I've met haven't seemed very intelligent.
>>
What's the difference between Classics and Classical Languages?
>>
>>669328

One is just the study of the classical era and the other is the languages they spoke
>>
>>669303
Stop putting down religion you ignorant fedora, they've been the only literate folk until lately
>>
>>669303
>disregarding the highest discipline of study
You haven't even taken rhetoric, have you?
>>
>>669410

How is classics the ''highest discipline of study''? and according to who?

>inb4 unemployed people with a degree in classics
>>
>>668778
>no archaeology
>inb4 yanks claim it's a subdivision of anthropology
>>
>>669416
I was referring to Theology and it is according to Saint Thomas Aquinas, various learned popes, John Wycliffe, and others...
>>
>>669442

oh yeah tru
>>
>>669303
assuming that by "theology" what was intended was "religious studies" this is entirely untrue

religious studies as an academic subject is basically an intersection of history, philosophy, sociology, psychology, and linguistics. certainly requires much more thought than criminiology or nursing
>>
>>669303

true for classics not for theology
>>
>>669307

I'd personally put them slightly more verbal than Geochemistry, with urban planning/urbanism being more verbal than architecture
>>
>>668778
>creative wriging
>OP can't even double check spelling after typing
>forms a shitty hierarchy
>can't even spell
>even spell
>spell

XD
>>
>>669478
Don't you get it? I've already got that saved as advanced shitposting material and stuffed it into my thread derailment folder.

The faster boards will never be able to withstand this.
>>
>>669295
>, couldn't it be argued that the philosopher simply blindly stumbles around in what the neuroscientist actually attempts to understand?
No, that could never be argued, what the fuck?
>>
I think this is based on average IQ m8s. Not making a statement on which is hardest.

I believe there was a poll that confirmed philosophy majors being up there, edged out by physics.
>>
>comp sci, petrol engineering more mathematical than physics and math itself
>implying mathematical qualities and intelligence are somehow independent
Just end me
>>
>>669497
But it's frequently argued. For someone keen to defend philosophy you're quick to dismiss worldviews you don't share.
>>
>>669537
Wow! It's frequently argued? I'll assume it's true then.
Oh, I'm keen on philosophy? I shouldn't argue with other opinions then.

Stop posting please. It hurts to read this.
Get into skepticism and you'll see that we're all full of shit. Just stop posting
>>
This thing is all fucked.

Trying to sort majors according to "intelligence" is a cringeworthy attempt in itself. Not even to mention the fucking mathematical scale, which is basically a separation between STEM and humanities. Those majors do not belong on the same scale, or even in one single university desu.
Also, 80% upper right corner is special snowflake major, being interessted in humanities and even having them as a minor is alright, certainly admirable. If you major in humanities, please reconsider your choices, before you are forced to hang yourself.
>>
>>669254
>even econ
econ at undergrad is dumbed down af so that retards who struggle with babymath like calculus can pass it
>>
>>669634
>I'll assume it's true then.
No one's telling you to choose to believe it but if you aren't prepared to consider why people believe things you don't then you're doing yourself a disservice. Your claim was that a claim you disliked "could never be argued, what the fuck?" What did you mean by this?
>I shouldn't argue with other opinions then.
You should restrain your knee-jerk reactions.

Stop posting please. It hurts to read this.
Get into philosophy and you'll see that we're all full of shit. Just stop posting.
>>
>>669198
law is inhumane and therefore not represented on a list of humanities.

Or OP must think something like that.
>>
>>668778
>Has there been an arrangement of tiers among the sub-disciplines encompassed on board?
No, there seem to be only 4 people in this board capable of a history or philosophy of humanities, let alone humanities and policy studies studies. Given that the meta-critique of the academic and social function of the humanities as human practices is beyond /his/, asking them to develop a taxa is ludicrous.

In any case, here is a credible cited taxa ([Kuhn, F], trans.; in Foucault, M "The order of things")

The list divides all animals into one of 14 categories:

Those that belong to the emperor
Embalmed ones
Those that are trained
Suckling pigs
Mermaids (or Sirens)
Fabulous ones
Stray dogs
Those that are included in this classification
Those that tremble as if they were mad
Innumerable ones
Those drawn with a very fine camel hair brush
Et cetera
Those that have just broken the flower vase
Those that, at a distance, resemble flies
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.