[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best religion for a woman to follow? Which is the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 19
File: image.jpg (869 KB, 1388x1967) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
869 KB, 1388x1967
What is the best religion for a woman to follow?

Which is the one that most celebrates feminine spirituality and is sexuality-affirming.

Probably don't have to mention Christianity or Islam

>>

Show your tits and let us celebrate feminine form.
>>
File: mary queen of heaven.jpg (30 KB, 304x406) Image search: [Google]
mary queen of heaven.jpg
30 KB, 304x406
>>667612
>What is the best religion for a woman to follow?
The true one. Same as what the best religion for men is
>>
>>667612
>best
Tell me what human nature is and I'll tell you what is best for it.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 604x618) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 604x618
>>667612
>Doesn't want to mention the true faith

Allah promises you a load of angelic boytoys when you die. There's no other God who hands out Shota like he does.
>>
>>667612
Wicca
>>
>>667612
Christianity, particularly Catholicism

Seriously, those guys celebrate the Virgin Mary like crazy
>>
>>667669
This, its usually simple enough intellectually for women to get into
>>
File: image.jpg (365 KB, 1620x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
365 KB, 1620x1080
>>667658
If your that impolite around women you need Islam badly senpai.
>>
File: vajrayogini2006B[2].jpg (2 MB, 945x1500) Image search: [Google]
vajrayogini2006B[2].jpg
2 MB, 945x1500
>>667612
In the tantric iconography of the Vajrayana practice path of Buddhism, female Buddhas do appear. Sometimes they are the consorts of the main yidam of a meditation mandala but Buddhas such as Vajrayogini, Tara and Simhamukha appear as the central figures of tantric sadhana in their own right.[20] Vajrayana Buddhism also recognizes many female yogini practitioners as achieving the full enlightenment of a Buddha, Miranda Shaw as an example cites sources referring to "Among the students of the adept Naropa, reportedly two hundred men and one thousand women attained complete enlightenment".[20] Yeshe Tsogyal, one of the five tantric consorts[22] of Padmasambhava is an example of a woman (Yogini) recognized as a female Buddha in the Vajrayana tradition. According to Karmapa lineage however Tsogyel has attained Buddhahood in that very life.

>There are traditionally three ways to realise the nature of passion in the yogic tradition of Tantra. First in creation-phase practice one can visualise the yidams as yab-yum in sexual union... Second one can practice tummo (caṇḍalī) or the generation of internal heat through the subtle body practices of the vital breath moving into the central channel. Third, one can practice so-called sexual yoga (karmamudra, lekyi chagya) with a consort. Realising the true nature of passion in all of these forms transforms ordinary passion into the basis for the experience of great bliss (mahasukha), which greatly accelerates the removal of emotional and mental obscurations in one's practice.
>>
>>667626
>>667697
>ITT people who have not read Ioannes Chrysostomos
>>
>>667705
Op doesn't need religion to help her be a whore
>>
The fact that people ask anonymous losers on a Mongolian throat singing forum which religion should they follow proves that they really don't give a fuck about religion at all
>>
>>667612
>sexuality-affirming
probably some kind of pagan polytheism, when you are young you'd fuck some warrior chad all day every day while the creepy betas would be his thralls
>>
File: 1425121137261.jpg (269 KB, 905x1200) Image search: [Google]
1425121137261.jpg
269 KB, 905x1200
>>667612
it is the enforcement of hedonism, which is liberalism/libertarianism.
otherwise their pleasure is destroyed too much, because any other doctrine gives more right to men.

-females are not males
-men want to be validated, to feel relevant, to be meritorious, to do duties
-when men feel disconnected from reality, they think of suicide
-men understand that other men are just as pathetic as them
-therefore men cannot be validated by other men, but by something that is not male
-men want therefore to be validated by
--women
--higher men who do not feel the need to be validated
-higher men are rare
-women are not rare
-how to be validated, to be noticed by cumdumpsters ?
-women are hedonistic, which means they are egotistic and what feeds their self is their pleasures.
-therefore, to be noticed by women, men love to try to please women
-how to please tramps?
-women love sex and money
-women love to love sex and money
-therefore men give them money and sex FOR FREE
-men understand then that other men give money and sex to the same woman.
-men understand that women LOVE to have plenty of lovers
-men understand that women DESPISE poor and ugly men SINCE those men cannot feed her hedonism
-most men remain unvalidated, unnoticed and whine >no gf
-women compete with other to get the best men
-most women always get what they want from men, even a solid decade after their menopause. EACH girl KNOWS that, in her life, there will ALWAYS be one man more dedicated to her than to any other girl.
-women want sex, as said, but equally to be entertained outside the bedroom (which cost money)
-the goal of a girl is to get the best man who will focus on her for a very long time
-no such man exists, so she will seek men who satisfy her through sex and other men who satisfy her through comfort
-men being worms, they build various strategies to provide for women

the fact is that women are far smarter than worms, and worms despises this, they say ''women are sluts and useless''.
>>
Eastern Orthodoxy
t. Constantine
>>
File: Just.jpg (186 KB, 495x590) Image search: [Google]
Just.jpg
186 KB, 495x590
>>667612
That Babylon religion where on a certain day all women must go sit on the temple steps and have sex with any man who asks her, young old poor rich ugly beautiful, she could not refuse.

That is the religion of God. Look at how far we have fallen.
>>
>>667770
This is an enlightening post
>>
>>667612
>which religion is best
Every question of this kind is retarded. You can't shop for the truth like it's a shirt, you cretin. Which faith *seems true*? It doesn't exist to validate your shit, maybe the truth is something deeply discomfiting to you! If it's comfortable and tells you all the shit you want to hear, that means it's a lie.

Man or woman, you're a useless whore, OP. Everything that's wrong with modern society.
>>
Zoroastrianism
>>
>sexuality-affirming.
Looking to justify hedonistic self indulgance through religion, eh?
>>
>>667829
>Believing Herodotus
>>
>>667969
> rejecting history because it does fit into your narrow liberal narrative.
>>
>>667984
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold-digging_ant
>>
>>667892
Can't the truth of a religion be partly ascertained by how useful or moral it is?
>>
>>667612

Taoism.
>>
>>668006
No. That's as ridiculous as suggesting that science that makes you feel good is more likely to be true.

But even aside from that, useful and moral aren't the same things as self-serving. Looking for a best religion from the individual's perspective is distinctly the latter, whereas much of what's useful and moral in religions is about repressing the individual's desires and ambitions for the good of the community at large.
>>
>>667829
Sumerian religion was pretty lewd desu

1-12There was a city, there was a city -- the one we live in. Nibru was the city, the one we live in. Dur-jicnimbar was the city, the one we live in. Id-sala is its holy river, Kar-jectina is its quay. Kar-asar is its quay where boats make fast. Pu-lal is its fresh-water well. Id-nunbir-tum is its branching canal, and if one measures from there, its cultivated land is 50 sar each way. Enlil was one of its young men, and Ninlil was one its young women. Nun-bar-ce-gunu was one of its wise old women.

13-21At that time the maiden was advised by her own mother, Ninlil was advised by Nun-bar-ce-gunu: "The river is holy, woman! The river is holy -- don't bathe in it! Ninlil, don't walk along the bank of the Id-nunbir-tum! His eye is bright, the lord's eye is bright, he will look at you! The Great Mountain, Father Enlil -- his eye is bright, he will look at you! The shepherd who decides all destinies -- his eye is bright, he will look at you! Straight away he will want to have intercourse, he will want to kiss! He will be happy to pour lusty semen into the womb, and then he will leave you to it!"

22-34She advised her from the heart, she gave wisdom to her. The river is holy; the woman bathed in the holy river. As Ninlil walked along the bank of the Id-nunbir-tum, his eye was bright, the lord's eye was bright, he looked at her. The Great Mountain, Father Enlil -- his eye was bright, he looked at her. The shepherd who decides all destinies -- his eye was bright, he looked at her. The king said to her, "I want to have sex with you!", but he could not make her let him. Enlil said to her, "I want to kiss you!", but he could not make her let him. "My vagina is small, it does not know pregnancy. My lips are young, they do not know kissing. If my mother learns of it, she will slap my hand! If my father learns of it, he will lay hands on me! But right now, no one will stop me from telling this to my girl friend!"
>>
>>667969
Now hold on, even if Herodotus is accurate, that period is too early to be influenced by some of God's teachings. They fell from the Way, but were directed by God back unto it.
>>
File: Holy Spirit.jpg (32 KB, 260x386) Image search: [Google]
Holy Spirit.jpg
32 KB, 260x386
>>667612
Christianity is not bad, why compare it with Islam, overly patriarchist religion? Only Touaregs are out of norm in that manner.

Jesus was great advocate of women's right, when all other of people of his time shunned them. This was even echoed by Paul's traditional upbright.

This comes from Gospel of Thomas btw
(114) Simon Peter said to them: Let Mariham go out from among us, for women are not worthy of the life. Jesus said: Look, I will lead her that I may make her male, in order that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every woman who makes herself male will enter into the kingdom of heaven.

In many way modern feminazis try to turn into men, ironically
>>
File: Deus Pater.jpg (40 KB, 247x367) Image search: [Google]
Deus Pater.jpg
40 KB, 247x367
>>668041
Mystic Judaism and Christianity is even more of this

Within Judaism, the Holy Sephiroths have 3 feminine manifestations - Binah, Shekhinah and Chokmah. Ancient Hebrews saw God in dual way - As masculine and feminine Matronit. In which early Christians saw beginning of the theory of the Holy Trinity (to which you'd have to add Son, naturally).
In modern interpretations you'd have Holy Sophia (Wisdom) linked to Jesus like in Orthodoxy, but it was not rare to see her associated with Holy Spirit.
Holy Spirit herself was said to be feminine aspect of God by early Christians, and before she was depicted as dove was of that as a woman.

Which is sad for me to see some try to elevate St. Mary, very important person in Christianity as some sort of a demi-god, when one already exists.
>>
File: Adam_Kadmon_-_Androgyne.jpg (46 KB, 298x525) Image search: [Google]
Adam_Kadmon_-_Androgyne.jpg
46 KB, 298x525
>>668041
>>668054
Try to find something like that in Islam, I dare you.

Only one female person named in the whole of Koran is Mary herself, only Sura named after one.

Which is most likely only due to Christianity anyway.

Also, first human was not necessarily Adam (male), but Adam Kadmon - hermaphroditic prototype, which splitted into Adam and Eve.

Angels are said to be completely genderless.

I honestly don't see any results of patriarchist thinking in that.
>>
>>668026
You're on a board where people advocate Communism because they like the MOTHER RUSSIA STRONG aesthetic and where people advocate Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy because they like the LE EPIC 40K ESQUE aesthetic.

Choosing a religion for petty and vain reasons is entirely possible.
>>
>>668076
Point out to me where I suggested that this board isn't filled to the brim with morons.
>>
File: Chi-6.jpg (128 KB, 584x858) Image search: [Google]
Chi-6.jpg
128 KB, 584x858
>>667823
Hey Constantine, you were pretty redpilled. Please don't leave this board due to some faggots harassing you.

t. Orthodox-leaning Catholic

>>667697
True, Slavs and Latinos are exagerrating a bit. Sometimes I feel for some she is even more important than Jesus... Sic.

>>667669
>>667699
If you want to get into (Neo-)Paganism, go into something serious please.
>>
>>667770
autism desu. you've posted variations of this in two other threads. your broscience is not deep or enlightening as you think it is
>>
cathars
>>
>>667612
You're not going to get an unbiased answer to this. Of religions non-evangelical religions I know the most about in decreasing order.

In Judaism, hardcore varieties to be specific e.g. Orthodox and Chassidic, sex is a highly personal and loving act that is not stigmatized. That said, they take umbrage to publ8c sex. Both sexes dress conservatively outside of a marital bed chamber because not doing so presents you as a piece of meat which corrupts others' perceptions. Viewing others that way is also considered to be a disservice to them.

Warning: Things like gossip are also considered to be highly profane and disgusting. Women in Judaism have somewhat different responsibilities than men, but they are equal human beings. Both sexes can study the holy text, learn Hebrew, etc. Occasionally you hear about awful groups that behave outside this general rule of thumb, but such groups are as representative of Judaism as snake handlers and present day polygamist Mormon cults are of Christianity.

Buddhism is pretty pro-sex. The Dhalli Lama tends to be quite poetic about the subject despite being an life long celebate. Buddhism is a lovely religion very compatible with Western morality. If you wish to retain Abrahamic morality in addition, just don't engage in idolatry like burning incense in front of the statues.

Warning: many Lamas in Southeast Asia present numerous data-driven arguments against Muslim immigration into their countries. They are remarkably devoid of hatred or prejudice.

I know a couple men and women who are practicing "Wiccans" or something. From what I can tell, it's Practical Chemistry: the Religion with Earth worship and rituals to ward off bad juju thrown on top. Pretty pro sex and pro women but not matriarchal.

That's all, I can tell you that you won't pick up in a typical 100-level Survey of Religions course. If you want to know more, you need to do the homework, visit some practicers, and maybe live their lifestyle a little bit.
>>
>best religion for women
>not christianity

Christianity was the first western religion to give a shit about women. Hell, Paul was the one of the first guys to say men should respect their wives by not fucking whores all day.
>>
Perhaps more interesting discussion could be had if we moved the question to the "divine feminine", what defines it. Is there a spiritual or philosophical merit or advantage unique to femininity? Have any religions ever described such a thing? Have any philosophers?

Looking through the thread i see
>femininity is amoral, but females may be capable of merit by being more like men.
>femininity is wholey a foil of man, either mastering or corrupting them.
>femininity is nothing seperate or special from general humanity.

What other ideas are there? What other support is there for these ideas?
>>
Perhaps more interesting discussion could be had if we moved the question to the "divine feminine", what defines it. Is there a spiritual or philosophical merit or advantage unique to femininity? Have any religions ever described such a thing? Have any philosophers?

Looking through the thread i see
>femininity is amoral, but females may be capable of merit by being more like men.
>femininity is wholey a foil of man, either mastering or corrupting them.
>femininity is nothing seperate or special from general humanity.

What other ideas are there? What other support is there for these ideas?
>>
File: ea4.png (94 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
ea4.png
94 KB, 396x385
>tfw no religion where having lots of sex is encouraged

Fucking Christians ruining everything again.
>>
>>667612
shitposting like this is why this board should be /his/ - History
>>
>>668142
the cathars were gender neutral and renounced the material, as opposed to OP's specifically feminine spirituality and desire to be promiscuous and unfaithful without criticism
>>
>>667612
see this:

>>667892
>Every question of this kind is retarded. You can't shop for the truth like it's a shirt, you cretin.

Exactly. The best religion to follow is the true one. Not the one that says what you want to hear.

And full on hedonism (not in the Epicurean meaning of the world, but in the search for the excess of physical pleasure) is an almost certain path to ruin. If I were a huge misogynist, someone who hates women, I would probably advise them to go "sex positive feminist" like Sex and the City characters.

It is like modern people forgot what Epicurus and the other wise Greeks and Romans taught and decided to go the opposite way.
>>
>>668026
>science that makes you feel good is more likely to be true
There is a correlation. If a plane can fly you to Tahiti then you know they got at least some of the science right. It can be the same with religion.
>>
>>668094
>attention whoring tripfag
>redpilled

Trips work both ways, if you are an obnoxious faggot who uses trips regardless of whether your identity matters or not, then you should expect getting harassed for it.

Fuck that tranny.
>>
File: tmp_23250-1454598106907-85887631.jpg (911 KB, 1515x2079) Image search: [Google]
tmp_23250-1454598106907-85887631.jpg
911 KB, 1515x2079
>>668456
>transexual who "converted" because of warhammer 40k's aesthetics
>"redpilled"
Lel
>>
>>668094
Mary isn't more important, just closer to you. She's your mom figure, everyone loves his mama.
>>
>>667829
Even if you're to believe Herodotus, it was not any man but any man that could pay.
>>
>>667989
Your article already gives a sensible explanation to Herodotus "fantasy". Not to mention that Babylon was not some obscure region beyond in the eastern corners of the (greek) known world.
>>
>>668465
>Tree shrew ---> American Indian
lmfao this picture is awesome
>>
>>667705
Buddhism isn't sexually affirming. Infact it goes against that grain. Sexual tantra isn't something that will be taught to anyone. It was an esoteric tantra used some minor/rare lay lamas (not monks, lamas can be monks but lay lama is the one concerned here). The practice is something Dalai Lama doesn't want. any association with, so you wont find anyone spewing that crap anymore.
>>
>>668452
I don't think you understand what he meant.
Sometimes, the truth is not what you would like to be the truth.

Take conservatives and global warming or liberals and the negative effects of single motherhood. Truth does not go the way both of those groups would like.

The same with morals. Maybe, just maybe, Christians, Epicureans, Stoics, Buddhists, Kant and so on were right and being a slut is not a good way to live.
>>
>>668465
>Poles degenerate into toasters
>all women are Arabs
This is amazing. The best racism I've ever seen.
>>
>>667612

The fact you ask others rather than seek out the answers for yourself, reveals that you're not ready to undertake the responsibilites that religions seek to teach.
>>
>>667612
>Which is the one that most celebrates feminine spirituality and is sexuality-affirming.
>sexuality-affirming
if you want to be a whore just "worship" baccus and get a wine enema
>>
>>667612
Christianity because of muh Slave Morality. Women invariably end up with no power if strength and courage are taken as values. Their only choice is to manipulate men into thinking victims ought to be protected
>>
If your god allows you to do whatever you want then your god is yourself.
>>
Does anyone have anything nice to say about feminine spirituality aside from "they're mothers" ?

Honestly just curious. You read about the masculine virtues all the time, but I've never really heard much about feminine virtue aside from, at best, "They can be as / are as good as men."
>>
From woman, man is born; within woman, man is conceived; to woman he is engaged and married. Woman becomes his friend; through woman, the future generations come. When his woman dies, he seeks another woman; to woman he is bound. So why call her bad? From her, kings are born. From woman, woman is born; without woman, there would be no one at all.
Guru Nanak, Raag Aasaa Mehal 1, Page 473

Sikhism believes in gender equality
>>
>>668400
But that's wrong, friend. The Catholic Church does not discourage sex, it simply states that sex must be between married partners and be open to the gift of life, i.e. contraceptives cannot be used and the man has to finish inside the woman.

The Church even states that sex is not solely for the purpose of procreation but also serves to strengthen the bond between a husband and wife.
>>
>>669173
Of course the Church isn't against sex, that's what propagates our species. It's the sensual pleasure derived from sex that is demonic.
>>
File: typical women.jpg (181 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
typical women.jpg
181 KB, 1024x683
Religions were created specifically to restrain female promiscuous and degenerate behavior.

The best option for females is irreligion, so they can ride the cock carroussel and follow their primitive instincts and natural desires with no guilt or inhibition.
>>
File: 1368484045014.gif (8 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1368484045014.gif
8 KB, 400x400
>>667612

The correct one.

>Which is the one that most celebrates feminine spirituality and is sexuality-affirming.

You'll have to explain what you mean by these.
>>
>>669186
Anon don't be retarded.
>>
>>669186
Great life advice. Totally does not end up badly for the woman. Might as well tell them to use heroine, as well.
>>
File: 1563545434.png (176 KB, 300x518) Image search: [Google]
1563545434.png
176 KB, 300x518
>>669179
>sexual pleasure from sex
>demonic
>in the eyes of Catholics
U
WOT
M8

Surely you're thinking of puritans.
>>
Most religions have considered menstruating women as impure or bad. But Sikhism teaches that purity is linked to the mind and not the body and has nothing to do with menstruation.

“As a woman has her periods, month after month, so does falsehood dwell in the mouth of the false; they suffer forever, again and again. They are not called pure, who sit down after merely washing their bodies. Only they are pure, O Nanak, within whose minds the Lord abides. ||2||” (Guru Granth Sahib, p.472)
>>
File: they-live.jpg (350 KB, 625x1666) Image search: [Google]
they-live.jpg
350 KB, 625x1666
>>669202
It doesn't end up badly in the modern world. Even when they are old and whithered, they can still land a beta provider, and even if she doesn't, the Government will provide for her.

This isn't the Middle Ages anymore, when old women were abandoned if they didn't have a husband and children, there are no bad consequences for living a life of promiscuity and degeneracy.
>>
>>669220
There is more to life than money.

You must have very little contact with older people if you don't think there are no consequences.
>>
>>669227
>if you don't think there are no consequences.
Meant
>>if you don't think there are consequences.
>>
File: 1343276082403.jpg (20 KB, 400x311) Image search: [Google]
1343276082403.jpg
20 KB, 400x311
>>669217
>Most religions have considered menstruating women as impure or bad.
Rather, it was an eastern idea that humans bleed and gods do not bleed. This is also the core reason why the last act of the heroes in the movie 300 was such a big deal - they cut the cheek of this "living god" to show how human he really was.
>>
>>669214
Sex is only holy as a means to an end, namely the conception of new human life. The sensual pleasure we derive from sex only serves to tempt individuals to pervert this practice, and therefore clearly has no place in God's divine plan. This is further affirmed by Christ's affirmation that there will be no sex in Heaven, but instead we will be "like the angels." Any theology that suggests otherwise is undoubtedly modernist.
>>
>>669237
>Sex is only holy as a means to an end, namely the conception of new human life

Sex, in Catholicism, has two ends. Both unitive and procreative. You're missing the unitive part of it.

>serves to tempt
Nothing exists specifically to tempt. God does not test in Catholicism's worldview.

>no sex in Heaven
We are disembodied. Your comparison doesn't imply what you want it to imply.

>modernist
Nothing of what I said was modernist.
>>
Buddhism
>>
>>668626
>the truth is not what you would like to be the truth
golly gee, I done never thought of it that way before, thanks fuh settin me straight /r/atheism

This doesn't contradict what I said though. I would like planes to take me to Tahiti without using any fuel so the flight costs less, but if I get on a plane with an empty fuel tanks that is not going to happen, I won't end up in Tahiti. The results speak for themselves and it is the same with religion.

If I go to a church and there are homeless people sleeping on the aisles and one of them is taking a shit on the floor I know I am in the right place.
>>
>>669249
>Sex, in Catholicism, has two ends. Both unitive and procreative. You're missing the unitive part of it.

I have never come across any writings by Church Fathers or other revered theologians that suggest this second "unitive" purpose. And why on earth would sex need to be pleasurable for it to be unitive?

>Nothing exists specifically to tempt. God does not test in Catholicism's worldview.
I'm not suggesting this; that would be blasphemy. When I say that sensual pleasure from sex is demonic, I mean it is literally of the devil. It is a corruption not unlike the death of the body.

>We are disembodied. Your comparison doesn't imply what you want it to imply.
I must be misunderstanding you, because on the surface it sounds like you are denying the resurrection of the body.

>Nothing of what I said was modernist.
Why do you think I'm talking about specifically? You barely said anything at all. I meant anything you may have read or watched that suggests otherwise is modernist.
>>
>>667969
>>667989
It's widely believed that Herodotus is usually spot-on on Greek and Persian (including Babylon) affairs. He's the pre-eminent source on Thracians and Scythians to this day.
Meanwhile the parts on Egypt are pure asspull, and he obviously never went to Sind, so the gold-diggin ants are pure hearsay which doesn't invalidate other parts. And yeah, it's probably a marmot as the article itself says.
>>
>>667612
I'll go ahead and say Hinduism. There's plenty of female deities and sex is encouraged.
>>
>>669300
>I have never come across any writings by Church Fathers or other revered theologians that suggest this second "unitive" purpose. And why on earth would sex need to be pleasurable for it to be unitive?

Literally 30 seconds on Vatican's web 1.0 ancient website:

>2362 "The acts in marriage by which the intimate and chaste union of the spouses takes place are noble and honorable; the truly human performance of these acts fosters the self-giving they signify and enriches the spouses in joy and gratitude."144 Sexuality is a source of joy and pleasure:

>2363 The spouses' union achieves the twofold end of marriage: the good of the spouses themselves and the transmission of life. These two meanings or values of marriage cannot be separated without altering the couple's spiritual life and compromising the goods of marriage and the future of the family.
The conjugal love of man and woman thus stands under the twofold obligation of fidelity and fecundity.
>>
>>669391
What reason do I have to believe this isn't a modern innovation?

>Sexuality is a source of joy and pleasure:
Because THAT'S not an incredibly suspicious claim to make.

>These two meanings or values of marriage cannot be separated without altering the couple's spiritual life and compromising the goods of marriage and the future of the family.
On what basis do they make this claim?
>>
File: 1345289541554.jpg (67 KB, 363x363) Image search: [Google]
1345289541554.jpg
67 KB, 363x363
>>669300
>I'm not suggesting...

All things have their live and have their being as God allows it. Being demonic (or sinful) is an act, not something that just is.

>I have never come across...

I don't think we can fully answer "why" but it's clear that the church does support it:

>2366 Fecundity is a gift, an end of marriage, for conjugal love naturally tends to be fruitful. A child does not come from outside as something added on to the mutual love of the spouses, but springs from the very heart of that mutual giving, as its fruit and fulfillment. So the Church, which is "on the side of life,"151 teaches that "it is necessary that each and every marriage act remain ordered per se to the procreation of human life."152 "This particular doctrine, expounded on numerous occasions by the Magisterium, is based on the inseparable connection, established by God, which man on his own initiative may not break, between the unitive significance and the procreative significance which are both inherent to the marriage act."153

I will say that word of the unitive aspect was rare in some of the early church fathers but that's largely a response to the lavish pagan world and an influence of neoplatonism between the Greek-influenced early church fathers. Regardless, you can see the unitive end before modernity. Here is Aquinas:

>Marriage is chiefly directed to the common good in respect of its principal end, which is the good of the offspring; although in respect of its secondary end it is directed to the good of the contracting party, in so far as it is by its very nature a remedy for concupiscence.

http://www.newadvent.org/summa/5067.htm#article1

>I must be misunderstanding you, because on the surface it sounds like you are denying the resurrection of the body.

I think it is a misunderstanding on both our parts. I'm separating the New Earth from the dislocation between our matter and soul when I speak. My bad.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.