[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /his/ think of Osprey Books? Are they good entry read
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 1416321.jpg (33 KB, 318x428) Image search: [Google]
1416321.jpg
33 KB, 318x428
What does /his/ think of Osprey Books? Are they good entry read for all those subjects that they represent?
>>
They are definitely good entry points. People were compiling a huge list of books in a documentary in a thread the other day.
>>
>>66401
They are more often than not quite good and the illustrations and pictures are great.

Expensive if you were to actually buy physical copies, I just torrent the ebooks.
>>
Very good, they cover a broad area of armys ranging from the Warlord armys of civil war china to the East German Army.
>>
>>66401
>1700s Upwards
Osprey Gud
>1700's Downwards
No, not good
>Osprey doing Asian topics
Abandon Series.

Their depiction of Han China for one thing is particularly atrocious.
>>
I suddenly feel stupid for not downloading that massive torrent I saw for them.
I saw it though "Wow. That's a lot of books about the VTOL OSPREY airplane."
>>
>>67625
Also they took Ninjas seriously.
>>
How are their medieval books?
>>
File: 5705413213228.jpg (32 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
5705413213228.jpg
32 KB, 480x454
>>67666
w-what torrent?
>>
>>68139
It's the on piratebay.
Should come up if you for it or search the other catagory by size.
>>
>>68139
this one maybe? https://thepiratebay.la/torrent/6364430/Osprey_books_-_1800__books_-_NOT_rared_or_zipped.
inb4 spam detected
>>
>>68202
Bingo. That's the exact one I was talking about.
>>
>>67731
Very solid as long as you stick to Europe and the Middle East.
>>
>>68202
Damn, anon, thanks
Now i can finally find all the books I wanted without manually searching them on Library Genesis
>>
Read a proper scholarly history book and stop jerking off to military uniforms.

this board is embarrassing
>>
>>68679
>OP: Are they good entry read for all those subjects that they represent?

You: "that's so basic anon, OMG!"
>>
>>68679
>no fun allowed
>>
>>68679
How dare people have a passing interest on a subject!
>>
>>66401
Let's be honest the only thing good about them are the awesome pictures
>>
>>66401
>What does /his/ think of Osprey Books?

Their general summary books, if they follow the Korean War one, are quite adequate little chapbooks.

Their grognard books are the best grog books available.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.