[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lies people had been told
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 11
E-Egyptian was a white civilization.
>>
>>658025
WE
>>
>>658025
WUZ
>>
KANGZ
>>
I fucking hate this place
>>
SHIETT
>>
>>658108
Report and ignore, apparently it is really hard for anons to cram this into their heads. Get this: mods actually DELETE shitposts you report, if you don't report they won't do it.
I can personally attest this, quality on /his/ was soaring for me as long as I reported terrible posts, sadly everyone likes to shitpost so it can be an uphill battle at times.
>>
>>658108
Theres plenty of subreddits and online forums where you can discuss topics without funposting. YOU chose to come to the ass of the internet for "meaningful discussions"
>>
>>658025
'Orthodox Christianity isn't the true faith.'
>>
File: 1395683288074.jpg (229 KB, 717x880) Image search: [Google]
1395683288074.jpg
229 KB, 717x880
>>659075
>4chan is for shitposting xD
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 707x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 707x500
>Why did a white woman play Cleopatra?
>>
How common is the "Egyptians were white" trope, really? White as in Nordic european, not tanned semitic. I don't think I've ever seen any media that didn't depict the common Egyptian as "ethnic", although white actors are of course often used to play middle-eastern roles when it come to film.

I'm open to the possibility that I'm wrong, but it seems as though Egyptian = middle eastern/light skinned African appearance has been commonly accepted for a long time.
>>
File: image.png (116 KB, 905x624) Image search: [Google]
image.png
116 KB, 905x624
>>659046
>>658125
>>658066
>>658058
>>658034

>>>/pol/
>>
>>659099
You know you're proving his point, right?
>>
File: 1454686995595.gif (537 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1454686995595.gif
537 KB, 480x270
>>
File: 1339070231454.jpg (283 KB, 770x1280) Image search: [Google]
1339070231454.jpg
283 KB, 770x1280
>Obama is the first black president.
>>
>>658025
Whats the fucking obsession woth race its not like the egyptian cared what colour their rulers where

Also it was multi ethnical
>>
>>659868
People be live Egypt is the end all beat of of the ancient world and that all science and advancement can be traced to it.

If a person can claim a r as center to it, they thereby assert that the race in question is the source of all human advances.

In short

WE
>>
>>659931
The Greeks thought so too. Herodotus believed, even when very good evidence to the contrary was put before him, that the greek gods originated from Egypt. Because egypt was superior in age and artistic expression and culture, he thought there was no way that the Greeks could have thought of something original.
>>
>>659700
Oh fuck off. You're as retarded as the guys you're denouncing.
>>
>>658025
Napoleon was short
American slavery, not a lie but blown out of proportion, both blacks and arabs had more slaves historically.
That christianity suppressed science and technology, and did not contribute to it
On a personal level, my teachers often said that the muslims were englightened people that we massacred violently through the crusades and that we should feel shame about them.
>>
>>658025
W
W
K
N
S
N
>>
>>659119
Cleopatra wasn't even Egyptian, she was a Ptolemaic Greek.
>>
>>658025
Egyptians were Egyptian, black Africans were noted as different
>>
>>659859

>Obama is black
>>
Egyptian was a black civilization!
>>
>>659700
>/pol/
>satire

this is a meme that started on reddit

also, that comic is painfully unfunny

fuck off and die ;)
>>
>>659199
>Nordic european, not tanned semitic
saying they were literally nordic is a meme, but semites? they were probably "aryan" (not in the hitler le blond eyed germanics sense) weren't they? some kind of invader group? i'm not opposed to them being semites or something. it's just that's how i've understood it.

>inb4 blond eyed
>>
>>659965

Superior art?
See Greek statues.
See Egyptian high relief carving.

This is no contest motherfucker.

Something older doesn't make it superior. If it LASTS it is superior. It seems to me we use consistently rule of thirds and perception as a basis for artistic standard today which came from GREEK study. Not Egyptian. The Egyptian were a race of death fearing/worshiping nuts that didn't know a hell of a lot past where their little cities where comparitive to the blanket of stars above them.

Humans constantly romantisise their past. You probably have fleeting moments of nostalgia that make you feel like your childhood was amazing, but during the actual moments of the passing childhood it was probably just mediocre bullshit, just like today.

There is NO new truth, under the sun.
>>
>>659199
They were semitic people all along. I personally doubt Arab conquest has shifted the genetic composition so much so you can be fairly certain that modern Egyptians look more or less the same as ancient ones, with small differences here and there.
>>
>>663598
the egyptian ruling classes were probably racially distinct from the ruled though
>>
>>663604
Of course.

For example one dynasty(out of 26? or 25?) was black and one was Greek.

I think it was pretty common back in the times though.
>>
>>663612
yeah, but im pretty sure when people say "egyptians were white" they are referring to the ruling classes
>>
File: ancient-greek-kouros-statue1[1].jpg (238 KB, 775x1600) Image search: [Google]
ancient-greek-kouros-statue1[1].jpg
238 KB, 775x1600
>>663500
It doesn't matter whether or not Egyptian art is actually better than Greek art, the poster you are replying to was stating Herodotus' belief on the matter.

>Superior art?See Greek statues.See Egyptian high relief carving.This is no contest motherfucker.

This judgment is a result of personal taste and/or the fact you live in a world which has been imitating classical art for over 500 years.

>The Egyptian were a race of death fearing/worshiping nuts that didn't know a hell of a lot past where their little cities where comparitive to the blanket of stars above them.

Judging ancient people for being superstitious or ignorant will only make it harder to understand them.
>>
>>663642
>Judging ancient people for being superstitious or ignorant will only make it harder to understand them

This a 1000 times.
>>
>Battleships are too susceptible to aerial torpedoes and bombers

To sink Yamato Americans needed 547 planes. It took 16 torpedoes in its weakpoints plus 18 or so bombs and finally went down.

There is literally NO single ship in any modern navy able to withstand so much punishment bar... Iowa class battleships... oh dear.
>>
>>658025
Why are blacks so desperate to claim Egyptian cutlure as their own heritage? Its constantly demonized by Jews and christians and its iconography gets bastardised as masonic/satan worshipping diagrammatics.
>>
>>663764
Some retarded american thing, not really worth any attention.
>>
>>663642
To compare Greek and Egyptian art is to transcend chronological, technical, inpirational and cultural boundaries. Until you understand those aspects you are only going to embarass yourself.
>>
>>658025
Not AGAIN

Black and white aren't the only races, and are themselves (all things considered) fairly new races in human history, because ethnicity is fluid. The Egyptians weren't black or white or Arab; they were, and are, Egyptian. You can google up a picture of people in Egypt right now. What you see is what you get.

Of course there were one or two ruling dynasties of Greek and Nubian descent, and there were more immigrants as time went on because Egypt was successful, but they always remained the minority. Egyptians are Egyptian, and any contemporary movement to claim their success in the name of Aryan nationalism or WE WUZ KANGS SJWism is false.

>>663764
Blacks of African American (and therefore West African coastal) descent and Germans are more likely to be insecure about their own history because their ancestors were destructive hunter gatherer tribes while other civilizations were flourishing, so they try to compensate by claiming ancestry from succesful cultures. The fact that they're so fixated in looking to the past for glory rather than the future should tell you all you need to know.
>>
>>663769
inferiority complex

they want to prove that they are "civilized", they they even "invented" civilization
>>
>>663791
Are you really saying the Egyptians were white?
>>
File: this thread.gif (380 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
this thread.gif
380 KB, 320x240
>>
>>658108
Then leave. Literally, stop taking up bandwith with your useless posts and fuck off.
>>
File: Teuton vs Bantu.png (70 KB, 491x415) Image search: [Google]
Teuton vs Bantu.png
70 KB, 491x415
>>663791
>Blacks of African American (and therefore West African coastal) descent and Germans are more likely to be insecure about their own history because their ancestors were destructive hunter gatherer tribes while other civilizations were flourishing, so they try to compensate by claiming ancestry from succesful cultures.
This x10.
>>
>>663876
>People calling themselves "people"

You know this is a pretty standard thing to do.
>>
>>663885
Yeah, for illiterate hunter-gatherer tribes.
>>
>>663889
So 100% of humanity before the advent of agriculture.
>>
>>663876
>Israel's history from the time of Abraham to King David

wew
>>
>>663889
>>663876
Most black africans were farmers and herders by antiquity

Only the pygmies and khoisan relied on hunting & gathering
>>
>>663758
How is that a lie?

It doesn't matter how much armor piercing high explosive cock you can take to the belt if the enemy can just spam planes at you from a hundred miles away until you die. Battleships weren't retrofitted to be covered in AA guns because they were undeadable.
>>
>>663481
The Egyptians were literally Semitic by any definition imaginable
>>
>>663907
From 1870-1930, historians were still separating the Bible from secular history
>>
>>658025
>Waterloo is the most decisive battle of the Napoleonic War.
Which is stupid, it was the failed invasion of Russia that ended his dream.
>>
File: 1394689712043.png (436 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1394689712043.png
436 KB, 900x675
>>663988
>The Egyptians were literally Semitic
This board is retarded beyond words

Egyptian is nothing like any Semitic tongue

That's like saying Celts are Slavic

Semitic, Berber, Egyptian, Cushitic, and Omotic are AFROASIATIC language families
>>
>>658025
WE WUZ KANGS AND SHIT NIGGA
>>
I reported this thread(yes I'm telling I reported, do your job and delete it faget) a day ago and it's still not deleted, a while ago it would've
This board is doomed
>>
>>663598
Did not speak a Semitic language
>>
>>660053

I don't think that's possible, anon.
>>
>>663758

Man, you're everywhere.
>>
Yes Egyptians were Africans just not the dumb fucking sub-Saharan African niggers. Like Jesus Christ its like people assuming every Asian is Chinese.
>>
say cheese! you're on leddit!
https://www.reddit.com/r/4chan/comments/44ltbd/anon_tells_the_truth/
>>
>>665826
Interesting point but Jesus Christ wus black
>>
File: Screenshot_20160207-194609.png (618 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160207-194609.png
618 KB, 1440x2560
>>665864
*sigh*
>>
>>660075
Arabs may have had more slaves, but frankly Americans are second only to Leopold II in the horrifying treatment of slaves.
>>
I told ya
>>
Why does this upset /his/ so much? It's a meme just like the finno-korean hyper war, stirnerposting, analytic v continental philosophy, "could germany/japan have won ww2", "vikings", and all the other threads on the merry-go-round of /his/
>>
>>667241
But I like the hypothetical WW2 threads
>>
>>667241
Its boring. I've seen it over an over again. I've listened to most of the arguments on /pol/ multiple times and I'd like to find more interesting things on /his/ than regurgitated bait.
>>
>>663791
You seem to be equivocating a bit. You first use "race" in the socially constructed sense by saying
>Black and white aren't the only races, and are themselves (all things considered) fairly new races in human history, because ethnicity is fluid

but then go on to say
>You can google up a picture of people in Egypt right now. What you see is what you get.

If I look at a picture of people in Egypt, they seem to look more like the people in the rest of North Africa and West Eurasia than anywhere else - and guess what? They also cluster genetically with those populations rather than sub-Saharan Africans (despite some admixture) or East Asians.

So make up your mind about whether you're using race to denote social or biological race.
>>
>>663791
>because their ancestors were destructive hunter gatherer tribes while other civilizations were flourishing

source?
>>
Relevant
https://youtu.be/wPLP8B5G3-I
>>
>>658025
>muh slavery
>we wuz kings

Considering Egytpians had slaves you can only pick one
>>
>>667894
I'm Eastern African
I'm egyptian by lineage
When did this we wuz meme start?
>>
>>665884
citation?

Arabs routinely emasculated and executed their slaves. American slaves were too valuable to do that to.
>>
>>667538
>source?
History?
>>
>>668912
that's not a source friend
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.