[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Think of a war. It can be any war. Got one? Good. . . . You're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11
File: rape.png (444 KB, 696x592) Image search: [Google]
rape.png
444 KB, 696x592
Think of a war.
It can be any war.
Got one?
Good.
You're now in command of the forces of the side that lost.
What would you do to change the outcome of the conflict?
>>
Who was that Amerindian chief who's name ended in -con?
>>
>>873737
Use the Jews as cannon fodder instead of sending them to death camps.
Kill Mussolini and install more competent puppets. Sell the Italian and French colonies to the Brits for a non aggression treaty. Lock down Europe. Organize and communicate with Japan. Convince them not to attack the US. Wait until the middle of Spring. Kill the Commies with no distractions and a few million "undesirable" waves. Meet the Japanese advancing from the East, exterminate all Slavs. Split Asia and Africa with the Japs and Brits.
The world is now free to exterminate the last threat to civilization; Islam.
>>
>Cold War

>give up on the commie dream of a planified
economy on the early stages of the game, establishing an interventionist economy instead
>significantly reduce unit ukeep cost in other soviet sattelites like cuba, DDR, etc, by bringing back 3/4 of all troops stationed in those countries.
>focus on spreading my influence to India, Pakistan, Indonesia, Persia and all of the Middle East instead of spending countless shekels on useless eastern european shitholes
>do whatever to prevent sino soviet split
>invade japan in the 70s
>gorbachev misteriously disappears before he becomes relevant
>>
>Emperor Hwang-Sun Guk of the Korean Empire
My only option is to activate the Giza Array.
>>
>>873777
We are all counting on you.
>>
>Sengoku Jidai
>Prevent the whole shitstorm by simply not having a child after my brother has been made shogun
>>
>>873737
I would engrave a rock and warn humanity about the weebo degeneracy in the distant future.
>>
>>873737
Try to not get assassinated before conquering the world.
>>
File: 1458579180231.png (45 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
1458579180231.png
45 KB, 554x439
>4th crusade
>fight the enemy instead of my ally

>>873792
Onin war is to the Sengoku Jidai what the assassination of Franz Ferdinand was to WW1.
The conflict already had been brewing for decades before, that fact was just an excuse so the clans could fight each other.
>>
>>873737
Bruh... why would I want to be napoleon... Alright then, make sure I replace my commanders with competent non-idiots, so that I do not lose waterloo because some faggot was adamant about eating breakfast at 14.00 hrs instead of fighting the fucking prussians
>>
>>873737

Don't charge down the hill, just let those Norman bastards exhaust themselves against my shieldwall. Also this >>873796
>>
>>873810
>4th Crusade
>Fight the enemy

you mean Venice?
>>
>>873766
Actually, simply following the advice of your generals would have been enough.
>>
File: 1458621353095.png (202 KB, 326x1872) Image search: [Google]
1458621353095.png
202 KB, 326x1872
Lose worse than I already did.
>>
Nothing because I don't want the White Armies to win.
>>
File: remove eggroll.png (352 KB, 323x2341) Image search: [Google]
remove eggroll.png
352 KB, 323x2341
Pray that the Bureaucracy won't try to execute me for trying to be competent.
>>
File: buenaventura-durruti-6.jpg (103 KB, 844x1164) Image search: [Google]
buenaventura-durruti-6.jpg
103 KB, 844x1164
>Make sure the gold actually gets shipped off to those arms companies instead of the USSR so that the counterrevolution isn't possible
>able to keep the militias seperate from the republican army because of this
>Spanish Civil War turns into Nazi Germany's Vietnam
>>
>>874798
Damn the jews know fuck up people
>>
>>873737
Well I get to replace Hitler. I probably know/could learn enough history to bluff my way through, esp by listening to my the OKH and not invading Russia. Would need to finish the nuke pretty damn quick though, I'm not sure I could memorize enough information to get my scientists there significantly before the Americans.
>>
>>873847
Good luck getting the fyrd to follow orders in the heat of battle and restrain pursuit m8
>>
>>873737
>first jewish roman war
Can I just surrender on the spot?
>>
The Kettle War

Uhhhhh, move the kettle out of the way so it doesn't get shot?
>>
>>873737
>Majorian's reconquering of the West
I'd kill Ricimer and replace him with someone loyal to Majorian. Then I'd clamp down on security during the building of his Vandal invasion fleet.
>>
>>873765
METACOM! That's it!

Anyway, Metacom's War. The enemy colonists number 80,000 and my people after several epidemics have been reduced to 10,000, divided among several tribes. They have superior technology and my people are divided.

Honestly, I think I'm screwed no matter what I do.
>>
>>873859
>listen to your general's constant nagging about taking moscow immediately
>send your troops on a full-on assault towards the city with a shitty logistical situation and many formations with 1/3 of their men lost
>take the ruined and useless city while the soviet government moves to the urals
>meanwhile the soviets launch a counteroffensive with their experienced and fully manned far east troops
>congratulations, you just got yourself encircled
>lose hundreds of thousands of men kiev pocket style
>>
>>873847
Not going to work. You have to force a battle with the Normans.
>>
File: CharlesXIIDeathMask.jpg (105 KB, 736x1098) Image search: [Google]
CharlesXIIDeathMask.jpg
105 KB, 736x1098
Not fucking invade Russia

Alternately

Not get out of my tent on 30 November
>>
File: AssAndGas.jpg (634 KB, 2347x1804) Image search: [Google]
AssAndGas.jpg
634 KB, 2347x1804
>>873737
Fuck Austria-Hungary, make an alliance with Britain and France, Assault Eastern Europe, Balkans, and Russia. Invade Ottoman Empire with allies. Crush pathetic piece of shit. Gain Dominance in Middle East and Africa. Don't get involved with Americas. Create a Glorious Europe. No need for Hitler to gain power and expand, so no Western Front WW2. With Britain and France as allies, forge a Pan-Euro bond. Crush rebellion. If needed slowly edge into Asia.
>>
Allow the colonists to form an assembly and determine their own taxation and local bylaws, as long as they maintain loyalty and support for the crown
>>
>>873737
cold war
just launch them nukes
>>
>>873737
>be Napoleon
>don't invade Russia

Simple as that.
>>
>>873737
>Gulf War

I don't invade Kuwait.

Or perhaps more accurately, I don't annex Kuwait, and have my forces leave Kuwait after we get them to do... whatever Iraq SAID they wanted them to do.
>>
File: joan-of-arc.jpg (81 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
joan-of-arc.jpg
81 KB, 960x540
>>873737
>Hundred years' war
Make proper use your ultra-advanced OP sniper bow against plebeian horsemen and infantry.
Fuck the plague. There will be no peace.
Don't screw up so bad you get your ass handed to you by hail, of all things.
Seriously, HAIL, for fuck's sake.
Don't make truces, goddamnit.
Capitalize on discontentment.
Another truce? Are you fucking kidding me? This is a war, not a pissing contest.
Don't burn a national idol at the stake. That's bad PR man, basic shit, really.

Oh, of course, do not allow the war to go on for a hundred goddamn years on the first place.
>>
I thought of the Iraq-Iran war.

Who lost that one?
>>
>>875674
Chile, of course.
>>
Stamford Bridge
Deploy scouts to warn of the advancing army. Use the fact that our troops hadn't been in a forced march for four days and retreat north to a position that could be easily defended, leaving traps and the like to whittle away at the enemy while their morale falters. By the time Harold realizes that he needs to head south and turns around a good portion of his forces would be heavily demoralized. Berserker charge into their rear, kill Harold, fall back, return to main army, wait. If his exhausted troops actually decide to counterattack, defend and use reinforcement troops to flank around back. Push in and slaughter them all.
I don't know if Harald could have taken all of England but he could possibly take Mercia and Northumbria. Tell me if this would work and if not, reasons why.
>>
I thought of the 2nd Persian Invasion of Greece, though I randomly thought it was called the Peloponnesian War, and now I just realized the wars between Greece and Persia are just called the Greco-Persian Wars. That's pretty boring.
Anyways: as I've played enough of Thermopylae in Total War Arena, just flank around the pass because using the pass is a stupid idea. Use more ships as transport and logistic supplies, and to not trust any deceitful Greeks, particularly named Themistocles. On that line, do not take any Greek display of retreat lightly, and tell Mardonius not to be brash and eager.
>>
Wwii: don't be anti-semitic, unite western Europe against ussr
>>
>>873766
>Japan
>beating the USSR
>In fucking Siberia of all places
>>
File: Hannibal.jpg (1 MB, 2500x1667) Image search: [Google]
Hannibal.jpg
1 MB, 2500x1667
>>873737
Fuck you.

I guess march to back to Spain and salvage what part of Carthage I can.
>>
Idk man probably win or something
>>
>Vietnam war
I don't fucking know how with how hated it was by everyone towards the end.
>>
Rush Rome after Cannae
>>
>>873766
Britain was very committed to the war at this point.
>>
>vietnam
More napalm
>>
>>876162
Nigga plz
>>
>>876080
>anti semitism lost then the war
When do you start highschool?
>>
>>873737
I'm Pompey Magnus. Don't listen to Cato is my plan.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.