[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /his/ think of the History channel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9
File: history.jpg (45 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
history.jpg
45 KB, 800x800
What does /his/ think of the History channel?
>>
needs more ancient aliens and hitler
>>
Nazi Aliens in pawn shops, all you need to know.
>>
>>64936
Are we talking old History, new History, or "History"?
>>
Entertaining and sometimes informative.
>>
Needs more ayy lmaos, pawn shops, gator wrestlers, and conspiracy documentaries about 9/11
>>
File: history channel.jpg (256 KB, 970x937) Image search: [Google]
history channel.jpg
256 KB, 970x937
>>64936
>>
>>65122
Hitler was a good guy who loved the Jews and wanted to send them to Israel

Until a mudslim told him he should kill all the jews
>>
>>64936
>What does /his/ think of the History channel?
All the Sci-Fi moved there from Syfy to make place for all the Comedy Central comedy which in turn was replaced by Disney Channel content.
>>
>>65145
>>>/pol/
>>65122
I miss when the History channel was WW2 central.
>>
NOT ENOUGH HISTORY
>>
>>64936
It was all I watched as a kid in the 90s, aside from Toonami. just cozy documentaries as far as the eye could see. Then i went to college, and speed watching bc no cable, returned home to find the channel in ruins.
>>
>>66156
Stopped watching, not speed watching srry
>>
File: vEySyKF.jpg (122 KB, 670x649) Image search: [Google]
vEySyKF.jpg
122 KB, 670x649
>>64936
>>
>>64936
it's shit now but I fucking need some good documentaries. Even the classically overstated ones, the insanely most popular ones. I've never seen a good list of God-tier history documentaries in my life. Any suggestions? I'll start with one of the most obvious

>Ken Burne's Civil War
>>
>>64936
ayy lmao
>>
>>65122
My theoy of the history channel was like this. Every show was a part of one of these categories
>hitler
>aliens
>christianity
>america
>potpurri
the last section includes stuff like ufos in the bible, hitler and nostradamus, etc.

it went to shit when they focused on a new category of unprecedented popularity: people whose jobs dont matter
>ice road truckers
>axe men
>pawn stars
>pawn stars
>pawn stars

by the time they added History 2 for actual history they had basically put a bullet in their own brain
>>
>>66203
Don't worry. We will soon get what I assume will be a slew of /his/ memes (a lot of WW2 ones) and a nice image macro that is 'BEFORE YOU BROWSE /his/' or 'BEFORE YOU ASK FOR RECOMMENDATIONS' like /a/ or /m/ or other boards have, or some image with tons of info like the stickies on /fit/.

Can't wait for the evolution of this board
>>
It's always been pretty shit. Now it's full of crap like Ancient Aliens to draw in the idiots, but before that it was just non-stop WW2 documentaries.
>>
>>66273
yeah, I know. Really looking forward to it.
>>
>>65122
2012 to now would be pawnshop
>>
>>64936
needs more ayyliens
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
there's an H2 channel and all the history moved there, did you guys know it?
>>
>>66314
yeah but paying for a premium cable subscription in 2015 is less ethically sound than what the History Channel execs did to it in the first place
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 259x194
>>66334
who said i was paying for it? :DD yarh
>>
>>66314
Even that isn't that good. Is there anywhere that isn't the internet that I can watch documentaries on?
>>
>>64936

Just a cable channel that branched out. Nothing to see here.
>>
>>64936

I'm an Ancient Aliens fan, but personally I think it fits in better on a channel like SciFi or Hallmark Movies and Mysteries. It has an Unsolved Mysteries vibe to it.
>>
>>66395

please tell us how
>>
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
>>66831
1. buy satellite dishes and decodifier box
2. point dishes to sat and plug everything up
3. ???
4. "oh crap, signal lost, rainy days are so boring"
but pic related
>>
>>65122
Now it's just shitty reality TV. They haven't made a proper documentary in years, now it's just flailing in the dark.

>basic general documentary broadly about US or European history, no creativity or intuition whatsoever, no insights
>Pawn Stars
>other Pawn shows
>occasional historical drama (vikings/hatfields and mccoys)
>>
There was a time that the only channel I watched was the History Channel. There were so many moments in history that they still need to do, but you have to rely on Military Channel to do that now.
>>
>>64936
About a month ago I looked at my guide and it was nothing but fucking Pawn Stars. Call it the Pawn Channel, I want history back.
>>
File: pawn.png (135 KB, 246x311) Image search: [Google]
pawn.png
135 KB, 246x311
>>64936
I'll give you a dollar for it
>>
>>64936
Basically everything on that channel is Eurocentric, pro-Christian, racist, ignorant bullshit which is filled with bias, inaccuracies and generalisations, aimed at old white American men so they can jack off to their own history/culture (Or lack thereof) while feeling angry at Muslims and generally not believing that anyone that isn't American or European has or ever will achieve anything of value. Pretty much the very thing perpetuating the tension between the West and the East.
>>
>>68488
what upsets you about that
>western civilization best civilization
>>
>>67278
Dont forget God Vs Satan. The Antichrist. Etc.
>>
As a pre-modern history buff, Engineering an Empire was around the time when it started to decline into shittiness.

I honestly don't remember any specific documentaries on the History Channel that I watched before that point since I was so young and I can't remember which documentaries I watched were on the Discovery Channel or other channels.

There were a lot of cool documentaries I checked out from the library on VHS in that time in my life though. "Mummies and the Wonders of Ancient Egypt" was really cool and creepy. 90s documentaries have a charm to them that I love.

There was also this series of documentaries that are out on DVD now called Ancient Civilizations for Children put out by Schlessinger Media that was just so charming. It followed a fictional archeologist called "Arizona Smith" around to discover Egypt, the Romans, Mayans, Incans, even ancient Africa.
>>
>>64936
It and Animal Planet went downhill hard and makes me sad.
>>
>>68488
I can't even tell if this post is a joke. /his/ was a mistake -Hiroshima Nagasaki
>>
File: 010.jpg (194 KB, 569x629) Image search: [Google]
010.jpg
194 KB, 569x629
>Keep making shows about Jesus
>Keep depicting him as an attractive white guy
>>
>>64936
Please don't post >>>/x/ content on /his/
>>
>>64936
It's complete garbage now, I don't even watch it when there's nothing else on, I'd rather just go back to the internet. Hell I don't think I've seen a single non-conspiracy/paranormal based documentary on it in literal years.
>>
There isn't any good telivision in America anymore, it's all retarded bullshit. All of it.

Because the only guys still watching TV are retarded morons. Everyone worth a damn gave up on the tube a long time ago so now they only make things for the retards that are left.

The history channel is a prime example, every show they have on regularly is a full of dumbassery and stupidity.
>>
Where's the history?

Only things worth watching now are Military History and History 2 sometimes.
>>
>>64936
Awesome (if inaccurate at times) in the 90s and early 2000s. Nothing but Swamp Loggers and Honey Boo Boo now. Even their /his/ related programs suck nowadays. They had some WWII special on not too long ago with actors and it was awful.You can tell it was made on a budget with no real historical insight shoved in between whatever brain-dead reality shows they had on.
>>
>>65915
Natenyahu literally said that, idiot.
>>
>>70361
Cult leaders tend to be attractive and charismatic, and if they get traction, they become full-fledged religions.
>>
>>71301
>History 2
That channel used to be good now they're turning into the same shit that H1 is.
>>
>>71396
History 3 when?
>>
>>64936
The travel channel show more history then the history
>>
I mean jesus christ
i love pawn stars but that is ALL THEY FUCKING PLAY
>>
>>64936
I liked it better when there was no reality shows on it and was 1/3 hitler 1/3 modern marvels and 1/3 how its made
>>
>>65145
so that means hitler didn't kill them, because there are jews in israel now
>>
>>64936
Too much advertising desu senpai
>>
>>64936
Went from actual history to fucking pawn shops and other shows with vague history shit in it
>>
>>64936
Its alot like this board. When they talk history, its always simplification regarding war or atrocity, and thats 10% of the time. The rest of the time they obsess over shit that is completely unrelated.
>>
File: 55cc9706c3618805418b4581.jpg (84 KB, 900x500) Image search: [Google]
55cc9706c3618805418b4581.jpg
84 KB, 900x500
>>65145
Bibi spotted
>>
Smithsonian and BBC Youtube are the new History Channel
>>
>>68488

This

But since /pol/tards are the majority of the people who browse this board it means that the channel is a board favorite.
>>
AYYYYY LMAO
>>
>>68488
God fucking damn it /his/. It's like reverse /pol/ only instead of being disgusted I can't help but laugh.
>>
So, niggas, how do you know when a new historical doc has come out? I usually just stumble upon them randomly.
>>
>>64936
DUDE ALIENS LMAO
>>
>>68488
>>72835
How the FUCK is ancient aliens "eurocentrist"?

Fuck off, History Channel isn't even History anymore unless you think Pawn Stars marathons are Eurocentric historical revisionism.

In which case you're an overly political biased cunt and should go die.
>>
>>68488
Actually it just marathons pawn stars with a few breaks for american pickers here and there.
>>
>>73241
You are replying to a troll. Just ignore.
>>
>>65122
I did like the dogfight animation thingy they had going on about the pacific war. That was pretty cool. Damn, I was a kid when i watched that.
>>
>>65122
Really needs 2012- just Pawnstars or 'ice' something.
>>
For fun, I sometimes see what they aired in the last couple of days.

In 3 days, they aired one historical show about ww1 in 2 AM without a rerun.

Every day it was truckers, pawn shops, CAR restorations, axe men, storage shit and stuff like that.

One fucking history related thing and it was at 2AM.
>>
>>73241

You're grasping at straws /pol/tard History Channel always had a right-wing slant and even their current programs cater to your mouthbreathing demographic.
>>
>>64936
Aliens with a pawn shop that mostly have nazi stuff
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.