[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHO /FRANKS/ HERE? How can a guy be so based? >Stopped Islam
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: charlemagne-hero-AB.jpg (95 KB, 334x250) Image search: [Google]
charlemagne-hero-AB.jpg
95 KB, 334x250
WHO /FRANKS/ HERE?
How can a guy be so based?
>Stopped Islam
>Christian
>Influence of modern day Germany and France
>>
>Stopped Islam
why??

literally ruined religion in Europe by remaining christian
>>
They also killed a lot of my waifu nations
>>
>Beat the germans and made them christians
>Destroyed Avars
>Cultural revival of Europe
>>
>>6393
>Killed Saxons instead of Muslims
>Left the Umayyads alone instead of helping out Asturias
>His decision to fuck around in Saxony pissed off northern Pagans, thus causing the viking age
>Meanwhile mostly-Christian Iberia just sat there left to the hands of the Muslims
>>
>>6919
Iberia becoming Muslim was a good thing
>>
>>6778
that was clovis and a good number of people were already catholic
>>
>>6778
What the fuck?
>>
>>6549
>>6393
are franks germanic or not
or whats the line between german and germanic
>inb4 /pol/
>>
>>7231
Isn't most of western Europe germanic? Anglos, Franks, Visigoths, Lombards and etcetera
>>
>>7231
>>7289
imo Franks have germanic roots, but "worked" for the roman empire during centuries, became christian and were under heavy roman influence

meanwhile actual germans were barbaric pagan
>>
File: GermanEmpror.jpg (2 MB, 1730x1551) Image search: [Google]
GermanEmpror.jpg
2 MB, 1730x1551
>>6393

>Karl der Gross
>French
>>
>>7610
>Carolus Magnus
>Naming your son Carol
>>
Tfw can trace descent from Charlemagne

Tfw direct descendant from Baldwin I through the male line

Feels good
>>
>>7896
pretty much everyone descent from Charlemagne in western europe
>>
>>7973

This. It's like that finish guy who conquered Asia.
>>
>>7973
Not everyone can prove it though.
>>
test
>>
>>8017
Sure, i expected that answer.

you need nobles or some luck.

for french it's hard as a lot of documents has been burned during the revolution for exemple
>>
>>7717
It translates to Carl, you dingbat.
>>
>>8139
Baldwins' descendants are from England, my male line ancestors are descended from Richard Forrester, one of Baldiwn V (or IV I am forgetting)'s children and a sibling of Matilda the Maid. Because the family moved to England there is plenty of evidence on the descent, especially since the Family stayed royalty until the 1700s.

>tfw you could have been royalty if not for the role my 1st cousin 9x removed played in the Jacobite uprisings

>tfw you could have been super rich living in a castle and mansion if your 10th Great Uncle hadn't been posthumously declared bankrupt
>>
>>6465
Kill yourself
>>
Was a dirty germanic, but he latinized so it is cool.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.