[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Mormons can't drink soda >Mormons are polygamists
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4
File: AngelMoroni.jpg (17 KB, 399x340) Image search: [Google]
AngelMoroni.jpg
17 KB, 399x340
>Mormons can't drink soda
>Mormons are polygamists
>Mormons cant use condoms
>Mormons aren't Christians
>Mormons believe God is an alien
>Mormons tried to overthrow the government
>Mormons can't have beards

Is historical anti-mormon sentiment, cross Christian rivalry, or pure modern day ignorance to blame for the long list of misconceptions, and sometimes outright falsehoods attributed to LDS history and theology?
>>
Polytheists pls go.
>>
>>873519

>Mormons can't drink soda

Well, they can't drink hot beverages like tea or coffee. Which frankly seems worse than not drinking soda because soda is worse for you.

>Mormons are polygamists

Well they were originally. I don't see how they can blame anyone but themselves for this unfortunate fact

>Mormons can't use condoms

I think that's Catholics, actually

They aren't trinitarian, which would make them not Christians according to many theologians.

>Mormons believe God is an alien

No, they just believe Yaweh was once a man, or man-like being who was created by a more powerful being and resided near a star called Kolob. And that Jesus and Satan were his sons. To a Catholic, Oriental, or Orthodox Christian, this seems just as heretical as God being an alien

>Mormons tried to overthrow the government

Strawman. You're trying to deflect criticism from real events like the Mountain Meadows Massacre

>Mormons can't have beards

It isn't outright prohibited in writing but like many cultural practices there is an unspoken bias against beards.
>>
>>873528
>implying recognition of the god head being three distinct beings is polytheistic
>implying the "trinity" isnt intentional double think that has never found anything even close to an apologetic response
>>
>>873519
Mormons are still polygamist. If you remarry after the death of your wife you will be married to both in the afterlife.
>>
>>873519
>Muslims can't drink alcohol
>Muslims are polygamists
>Muslims can't use birth control
>Muslims aren't Christians
>Muslims believe Muhammad is God
>Muslims try to overthrow democracies
>Muslims must have beards

It's literally the same, and equally warranted.
>>
>>873736
>double think
It's called a mystery you pleb.
>>
>>873746
In the early days of the Mormon church they were hated because they would vote as a block and strip the residents of wherever they moved of political power. Eventually they just gave up and went out to the desert where they could rape their prepubescent girls in peace.

Literally Muslim refugee tier
>>
>>873732
>man-like being
>resided near a star called Kolob
That's literally what an alien is; a being that lives on a planet other than earth.
>>
>>873746
>>Muslims believe Muhammad is God
>>
>>873519
>Mormon
>on 4chan

This website clearly does not live up to the Media Standards outlined in For The Strength of Youth, please discontinue use immediately and repent.
>>
>>873732
>Yaweh was once a man, or man-like being
>resided near a star called Kolob
How is this not an alien?
>>
>>873746
Are you literally retarded?
>>
>>873746
>>Muslims believe Muhammad is God
Oooh so close
>>
>>873745
Natural polygamy like the kind practiced by Muslims and FLDS and spiritual polygamy are completely different.

Technically, LDS are incestual as well since everyone is a child of the Father, if you're being intentionally reductive about it.
>>
>>873519

A mormon wrote the CES letter detailing just how fraudulent all of the founding documents are, and how much of a crook, and a bastard, Joseph Smith was.

Anyone in the LDS needs to read the letter, and GTFO.
>>
>>873805
Joe Smith, the founder, had about 40 wives, ranging down to 14 years old, married sisters, married mothers and sisters, and married married woman. About a dozen of those.

That's the "holy man" who started this cult.
>>
>>873736
Mormons are not trinitarians. They believe in an infinite amount of gods. They believe they themselves can become gods.
>>
>>873775
>>873803
>>873795
Apparently you missed the part where OP's post was a mixture of truths, half-truths and strawmen.
>>
>>873830
Maybe it would have been better to say "Muslims believe Muhammad was an angel" though.
>>
>>873823
Spiritual wives. And so did Abraham and a bunch of other old testament figures.

>>873825
They dont believe they can become gods, they believe they become as god. There's a difference.

>>873830
That was my point. The >implications were examples of half truths and strawmen commonly believed by gentiles. I was just asking what people though the reason for the spread of this misinformation was.
>>
>>873839
I don't think there needs to be a deeper explanation than plain old ignorance, with maybe a dash of xenophobia/contempt for different cultures.
>>
>>873838

Same angel lied to both mohammad and joe smith
>>
File: 1453144663947.png (221 KB, 674x804) Image search: [Google]
1453144663947.png
221 KB, 674x804
>>873519

Things Mormons actually believe:

>Native Americans were cursed with red skin for killing the lost tribes of Israel that migrated to the Americas
>Black people were cursed with black skin because they remained neutral during the war in heaven between the angels and demons
>various archaeological falsehoods like horses and chariots in the New World

Honestly the Book of Mormon is so dated you'd have to be a straight-up dummy to believe it. These are theories and concepts that are completely a product of the mid 19th century.
>>
>>873839
Fuckable wives. Wives with vaginas. Wives with Joe's tiny dick in their vaginas on a regular basis. Trading off time to be with him, or their other husband, or consoling their daughters, or sisters.

It's a vile cult. Vile men say that the people in the bible had many wives, and fail to point out it's not God's will, and is always a disaster.
>>
>>873871
Why do God's angel have to fuck with his plans so often?
>>
>>873874
You have to read the CES letter. It goes point by point on how Joe Smith plagiarized everything he "read" on the "golden plates" from other works he had in his possession.

dum dum dum dum dum
>>
>>873882
the devil is a fallen angel and wants to steal, kill, and destroy as many as he can, before his end in a lake of fire
>>
>>873888
Sound's pissy, any reason God just don't ask him to fuck off or something?
>>
>>873897

He will, in due time. In the meantime, the devil provides people who want to reject God's love and affection an alternative: be good, and avoid evil, and thus be like God. That's the satanic gospel.

He has deceived many, and by many, I mean billions.
>>
>>873839
>They dont believe they can become gods
Yes they do.

D&C 132:20
>Then shall they be gods, because they have no end; therefore shall they be from everlasting to everlasting, because they continue; then shall they be above all, because all things are subject unto them. Then shall they be gods, because they have all power, and the angels are subject unto them.
>>
>>873939
He's trying to make a distinction between becoming God and becoming as God.

It's a false distinction. To be as God, you must be God.

The mormons, a works based religion, think they can work themselves into being like God, and turning into their own little planet, that they can then populate somehow. It's a real mish-mash of nonsense.

Note that in the quote you pulled, it assumes human beings are eternal; that our souls have always been, and will always be. No Christian believes that to be true.
>>
>>873874
"Black people/mark of cain" assertion is from Christian Identity, not LDS.
And the archeological falsehoods are based on imperfect descriptions of what Smith thought he was seeing. See: curelom

>>873879
>it's not God's will
[citation needed]
Also, Smith only ever fucked his wife. He didnt fuck anybody elses.

>>873886
>dum dum dum dum dum
>Le South Park meme

It's like getting your political opinions from CURRENTYEAR.
>>
>>873519

But that one is actually true, you can't be a polytheist and call yourself a Christian.
>>
I never actually laughed at a religion until I discovered the mormons

It's the Chris-Chan of spirituality
>>
>>873951
>He's trying to make a distinction between becoming Rich Piana and becoming as Rich Piana.
>It's a false distinction. To be as Rich Piana, you must be Rich Piana.

So, I can be like or as a thing. I have to literally be that thing.

>shiggydiggy
>>
>>874049
>"Black people/mark of cain" assertion is from Christian Identity, not LDS.

Didn't the LDS church have a policy against Black people holding the priesthood until 1978?

>And the archeological falsehoods are based on imperfect descriptions of what Smith thought he was seeing. See: curelom

This might explain the 'minor' details like chariots, iron, and various old-world animals in the new world, (though it seems like a flimsy explanation) but it doesn't really address the issue of Native Americans being cursed with red skin or the fact that there is absolutely no genetic or archaeological evidence of a lost tribe of Israel in the Americas.
>>
>>874049
>Also, Smith only ever fucked his wife. He didnt fuck anybody elses.

You're quite literally insane.
>>
>>874075
When you're talking about God, yes.

You can be any sort of idiot you choose to be, and you chose an obnoxious one.
>>
>these niggers follow the contradictory word of a KNOWN local con man
>>
>>874167
>Didn't the LDS church have a policy against Black people holding the priesthood until 1978
They only adopted that after Smith died and BY was put in charge. And he didn't justify it, he just said black are scum, not allowed.
>>
>>874049
>Smith only ever fucked his wife. He didnt fuck anybody elses.

If you had been living in the early days of Mormonism I bet you'd have let Brigham Young cuck you.

I'm starting to think that the founding of Mormonism was some sort of genetic bottleneck that selected for extreme gullibility.
>>
>>874258
>They only adopted that after Smith died and BY was put in charge. And he didn't justify it, he just said black are scum, not allowed.

So? BY was the leader of the church and is still regarded as a legitimate figure in the LDS church.
>>
>>874264
That's pretty much organized religion in general

>"hey MJongo, the sky man spoke to me and said give me the rest of your dinner"
>who is sky man?
>"He's an invisible person with superpowers and chose me to speak for him...u know because reasons. Do it or he'll kick your ass"
>>
>>873951
There's no 'as.'

Mormonism teaches Elohim was once a man, and got a planet of his own to rule over, and everyone who undergoes exaltation will do the same.

>As man now is, God once was; As God now is, man may be.
>>
File: maury.jpg (8 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
maury.jpg
8 KB, 194x259
>'people are so misinformed about Mormonism, if only they knew the truth they would see things differently'
>the truth turns out to be pretty much just as crazy as the misinformation
>>
>>874312
Yes, I know what lies satan told Joe Smith.

I'm just astonished anyone still believes them.

"Latter days" has turned into hundreds of years.
>>
>>874331
Worse, really. There's doctrines deep in mormonism that we haven't even scratched the surface of here.
>>
>>874312
Google and read the CES letter.

And at the end, you will no longer be a deluded cult member.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzXazxES4mk

Here's an hour and a half video of a Christian preacher analyzing Mormon theology, particularly soteriology.

Only apostate Mormons go to hell, so when a Mormon tells you to go to hell, correct him!
>>
>>874380
Yeah, they have a bunch of heavens and a bunch of hells to choose from. It's really a wacky cult.
>>
According to Pascal's Wager, if I am a Catholic and Mormonism is true, I still go to one of the lesser heavens, since true hell is only for apostates. But if I convert from Catholicism to mormonism and it turns out Mormonism is true, then I go to hell. So why the hell would I risk it by converting?
>>
>>874409
Er, in that case you would be in their high heaven.
>>
>>873816
Link? Maybe I can show my delusional Mormon parents.
>>
>>873519
Well that one's true.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.