[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think about Randal Carson and Graham's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
What do you guys think about Randal Carson and Graham's theories on Ancient civilizations predating Sumeria and Mesopotamia existing and being forgotten due to then ending of the Ice Age and the sinking of the locations of these civilizations?
>>
I think its incredibly naive to think that there arent civilisations that we have lost completely.
>>
File: evola.gif (19 KB, 179x246) Image search: [Google]
evola.gif
19 KB, 179x246
Evola believed that a race of "Nordic" people, anciently emanating from Golden Age Arctic Hyperborea, originally semi-immaterial and "soft-boned", had played a crucial founding role in Atlantis and the high cultures both of the East and West. In Evola's eyes, half-remembered, cryptic memories of a "more-than-human race" once existing in a "northern paradise" constitute the patrimony of the traditions of many diverse peoples. In this occult belief, Evola was additionally influenced by Arctic Home in the Vedas by Bal Gangadhar Tilak, which posited the polar North as the original home of the white Ur-Aryan tribes before their later separation into Western (Hellenic, Roman, Celtic, Germanic) and Eastern (Iranian, Indo-Aryan) divisions.
>>
How about a single shred of evidence for that? Like, one artefact. We have millions of artefacts of Egyptian or Mesopotamian civilisations, but not a single one of any civilisation that supposedly came before.
>>
>>868304
It might be true, but as long as there is no archaeological evidence it's just conjecture.

Conjecture can be fun, but it's still just conjecture.
>>
>>868497
Göbekli Tepe
>>
>>868497
Well according to Carlson, a possible explanation is that with the end of the Ice age, around a land mass the size of North America sunk into the ocean thus when the ice age ended.
>>
>>868304
If it did exist it would have been either pre-bronze age or in places so innacessable/now underwater after the ice age that it would have left no real impact.
>>
>>868304

I think its very likely true and plausible.

As for the evidence, Hancock is right when he says that the massive amounts of inland ice would have meant survival in most cases would only be possible in coastal areas and it is these same areas that were blasted with mega-tsunamis and also in many cases were submerged by rising sea levels.
>>
>>868304
We have proof of the Finno-Hwan war so I guess it's not impossible
>>
>>868304
I think it's really interesting but sadly unprovable
>>
>>868343
evola obviously read too much conan the barbarian
>>
>>868304

How did they feed themselves?
>>
>>868512
>Göbekli Tepe

How does a neolithic site provide evidence for civilisations before the neolithic?
>>
Randall Carsons stuff? yes most of it

Graham 'the ayahuasca spirit told me to stop smoking weed' Hancock? no
>>
>>870586
It's a highly sophisticated structure built at a time when mankind was suppose to be completely nomadic.
>>
>>870524
Underwater exploration son.
>>
>>870599

>Graham 'the ayahuasca spirit told me to stop smoking weed' Hancock? no

Thats sort of an unfair characterization, I watched the interview and he mostly just talked about it like tripping on it allowed him to have an insightful experience where he realized smoking so much weed was effecting him in a bad way.

Hancock and Joe also talked about how it doesn't really matter if the beings you encounter while tripping are real or not.
>>
File: 1302919975589.jpg (246 KB, 787x768) Image search: [Google]
1302919975589.jpg
246 KB, 787x768
>>868497
>>870586
If we had lost everything but one of the pyramids of Egypt, would you say the same about Egypt?

There were probably many small tribal "empires" and kings that have been lost to time because they didn't write anything down. Whatever artifacts we might have had from them probably were used, broken and lost by later civilizations.

Places that make for a nice place to live tend to have many people over time live on top of them, and whatever came before gets trampled in the process. Hell, Jericho has been occupied in some form or another for 9,000 documentable years.
>>
>>872460
One of Graham's theories is that the Egyptian Pyramids are actually older than previously thought due to the walls looking like they were eroded due to rain.
>>
>>872464
Too bad that atomic dating gives us a much more accurate reading of how old the stones used are than some guy saying "the rain eroded some rock so it looks older"
>>
>>872485
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sphinx_water_erosion_hypothesis

I don't understand how atomic dating works so I'm not going to comment on that, but he's not the first or only guy who thinks so.
>>
>>868304
I love JRE, I listen to it almost everyday
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.