[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
History of FYROMacedonia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9
File: justinian.jpg (42 KB, 620x348) Image search: [Google]
justinian.jpg
42 KB, 620x348
This thread is dedicated to the long history of Fyrom
>>
File: sashko.jpg (51 KB, 600x458) Image search: [Google]
sashko.jpg
51 KB, 600x458
Sculpture of Alexander the Great from the 4th century. Not pictured, another sculpture of Phillip, which, when finished, will be from the 2nd century.
>>
>Bulgarian butthurt commencing
It's like a deja vu, we'll done retards
>>
>>62532
go back to /int/ and /balk/ with that shitposting, stop shitting on this board too
>>
File: warriors-of-alexander.jpg (14 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
warriors-of-alexander.jpg
14 KB, 400x300
The warriors of Alexander.
>>
File: Macedonia_14[1].jpg (84 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
Macedonia_14[1].jpg
84 KB, 1200x800
>>62532
>which, when finished, will be from the 2nd century
Mild kek.

This passive-aggressive thread belongs on /int/ though.
I'll annex it and declare it a thread about pre-Alexander Macedon.
Lets talk about how the state was prepared for greatness and why the southern greeks hated them so.
>>
/balk/ is leaking.I wonder who could be behind OP
>>
>>62613
whiter than Bulgarians desu
>>
File: 1441148175486.jpg (270 KB, 1270x1136) Image search: [Google]
1441148175486.jpg
270 KB, 1270x1136
>>62601
>>62632

>buttblasted fyromian comes from /balk/ and starts shitting in the Bulgarian thread
>other Bulgarian kid from /int/ makes this thread
>"b-butthurt Bulgarians, i swear"

you are both cancer, take both this guy and your non-countryman and fuck off back to your cancer board
>>
>>62676
Actually I linked the thread, because it was dead and because some anon was posting reasonable history on /balk/.
I just wanted to recruit him for the /his/ thread. Didnt mean to attract your kind.
>>
File: AREIZOO II.gif (86 KB, 600x586) Image search: [Google]
AREIZOO II.gif
86 KB, 600x586
>>62532
>the long history of Fyrom

THE CURRENT STATE KNOWN AS "REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA" WAS ESTABLISHED IN THE TWENTIETH CENTURY, AND IS NOT HISTORICALLY RELATED TO THE REAL HISTORICAL KINGDOM OF MACEDONIA WHICH WAS LOCATED IN GREECE.

IT WOULD BE ONLY AUTHENTIC TO INSTEAD CALL IT "REPUBLIC OF PAEONIA", OR "REPUBLIC OF THRACE".
>>
File: thatsthejoke.jpg (29 KB, 560x420) Image search: [Google]
thatsthejoke.jpg
29 KB, 560x420
>>62717
>>
>>62717
>republic of thrace
>isnt in thrace
>isnt inhabited by thracians

what
>>
>>62717
>republic of thrace
Thrace was a name given to a region on the European side of the Thraecian Strait, between the Mediterranean and Black seas.
>>
>>62717
They should just name it Vardarska Bulgaria or something.
>>
>>62717
>>62822
;_; why u hate me
>>
>>62822
South Banovina.
>>
File: alex.jpg (88 KB, 600x418) Image search: [Google]
alex.jpg
88 KB, 600x418
>>
File: sk-2.jpg (409 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
sk-2.jpg
409 KB, 1920x1280
manufacturing history from gypsum
>>
>>62782
>>62776

THRACIAN PEOPLE USED TO INHABIT THE ZONE CURRENTLY COMPRISED BY "REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA".
>>
bump

Fyrom is an example how the identity of an entire population can be invented and replaced in 50 years. Are there other similar cases in the 20th century?
>>
>>64749
Yes, Greeks and their revolutionary war of 1821.

Greek population had lost its identity thoughout the 400 years of ottoman rule, it was reinvented by Greek scholars in europe, such as Rigas Fereos.

Americans developing a national identity, and most of the latin American nations are also good examples.
>>
>>65267
>Americans developing a national identity, and most of the latin American nations are also good examples

THOSE ARE EXAMPLES OF NEW CULTURES BEING SYNTHESIZED, NOT FABRICATED, OR CONSTRUED.
>>
>>65267
Greeks never lost their national identity. What are you talking about?
>>
>>65571
>THOSE ARE EXAMPLES OF NEW CULTURES BEING SYNTHESIZED, NOT FABRICATED, OR CONSTRUED.
What's the difference between synthesizing and fabricating?
>>
>>65760
Well, FYROMians are stealing history.

Its like americans after their war of independence starting claiming they are Sioux indians because they live in the land the Sioux did many years ago, although not being related to them at all.
>>
>>65267
>greek population had lost its identity throughout the 400 years of ottoman rule

Let me guess. You believe the turks raped greeks meme?
There is no evidence supporting that claim.
Also did you knew that the ottomans used to kidnap greek boys and converted them to islam and made them soldiers? The descendants of those kids are today's turks in turkey.
>>
>>65760

SOMETHING IS SYNTHESIZED WHEN IT COMES TO BE ORGANICALLY, FROM ITS ACTIVE FACTORS.

SOMETHING IS FABRICATED WHEN IT IS ARTIFICIOUSLY PUT TOGETHER.
>>
>>63091
You would think that with ~900 years worth of Greek and Roman sculpture to learn from they would do a better job than that abomination.
>>
>>65897
I like this guy despite all the caps n shit. You aight man
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.