[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do Christians rationalize denouncing a culture of victimhood
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 19
File: jesus-carrying-the-cross-alone.jpg (61 KB, 730x512) Image search: [Google]
jesus-carrying-the-cross-alone.jpg
61 KB, 730x512
How do Christians rationalize denouncing a culture of victimhood whilst simultaneously venerating a man who spent his entire life expounding upon the virtues of it?
>>
>>61920
Christ did not teach about "the virtues of victim hood", rather when he turned the other check, he was showing the futility of engaging in conflict at all and that violence begets violence.

he was teaching people to have patience and understanding for one another, not to be victims.

he also promises to go full ape shit on satan and the corrupt nations of the world when the apocalypse comes
>>
>>62065
> apocalypse
Sorry anon im a Ragnarock guy
>>
>>61920

I doubt you understand a single pinch of the religion you speak about
>>
Aren't Christians notorious for their persecution complex?
>>
>>64222
Only when they're actually being persecuted, largely pre-constantine, but im sure there were small instances in colonies.
>>
File: muslim-outrage.jpg (20 KB, 222x300) Image search: [Google]
muslim-outrage.jpg
20 KB, 222x300
>>64222
you're thinking of jews and muslims

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1030798/Muslim-outrage-police-advert-featuring-cute-puppy-sitting-policemans-hat.html
>>
>>62065
I really fucking hate how people think Jesus was supposed to bring peace and be nice to everyone.

He literally walked into a temple and started beating jews up for treating it like a marketplace.
>>
>>64433
Christianity is attacked by those who understand it least. Weirdly enough, this tends to be people with political chips on their shoulder:
>liberals from reddit
>conservatives from pol
Both just HATE Jesus and will twist the truth around to make sure they can convince others to hate him too.

You'd think pol would be nicer to Christians, but they are filled to the brim with fedora men.
>>
>>62065
no, he literally says blessed are you when persecuted for my names sake.
>>
>>64277
they are actually being persecuted, just not in the first world like a lot of them like to think.
>>
File: 1444636304120.png (572 KB, 802x817) Image search: [Google]
1444636304120.png
572 KB, 802x817
>>64433
Its that wonderful time of the year
>>
>>65058
by far the greatest logical fallacy that critics of God make is they forget that IF God exists and IF he created us, the he is GOD and has ultimate authority on every matter
if God exists then humanism is a slap in the face of God
>>
>>64012
Ragnarock was an invention of Catholic monks tho
>>
>>64433
he brought peace to the soul, but outright attacked corruption

>I have come not to bring peace but the sword.
>>
>>65058
Can posting these images be a bannable offense? Just take it to /pol/ or reddit.
>>
>>61920
You misunderstand. What you are referring to is expounded by Tolstoy in his "Kingdom of God is Within You"

http://bookzz.org/book/839819/5ffe99

He posits that the beliefs that Jesus discusses at the Sermon on the Mount are meant to bring about the Kingdom of God on Earth, and if no man resists evil, than the utter moral superiority of living in peace with your fellow man will spread like a disease and create the kingdom on earth. I find this naive, but its this kind of shit that Thoreau was discussing and Gandhi was acting upon.
>>
>>64848
Being atheist doesn't mean you dislike christians, the reason "fedoras from /pol/" shit on christians is because EVERY FUCKING DAY there is another "Here is Why Atheists Are Wrong Dumb and Should Die" Thread, in which they make a bunch of nonsensical arguments and shitfling like apes.
>>
>>65656
maybe you should go back there and post about it...
>>
>>64848
Christians are always, without exception the ones on /pol/ who bring the argument into the shit and start spamming retarded memes. They make 9 out of every 10 religious bait threads and they are always the first to start flinging insults and nonsense arguments
>>
>>65679
Nah I go there because I like the memes, I'm a racemixed thirdworld jew, so no thanks.
>>
>>65726
>I go there because I like the memes
>i'm a jew
holy shit
>>
>>65748
Nothing wrong with enjoying self deprecating humour.
>>
>>65792
I'm more pointing out how it's probably not possible for there to be a worse kind of poster for /pol/. This is off topic though so I'll leave it at that.
>>
File: historyrepeats.jpg (91 KB, 640x490) Image search: [Google]
historyrepeats.jpg
91 KB, 640x490
>>65656
Maybe you should go post on reddit

>>65058
You realize that the problem or 'sin' with the tower was that everyone had united under a common belief system; which was the rejection of God. Led by Nimrod who was literally a mother fucker. 'We don't need God let's build a giant tower to the heavens as if to symbolize we ourselves can be like the gods.' (Recall in the garden, this is the same lie that the serpent sells 'ye shall be as gods').

This is what happens when Godless men rule, they end up striving to set up a global hegemony, lusting for power & inadvertently pushing for the anti-christ. They haven't got there yet, but this repeating historical pattern usually does end up killing thousands if not millions of people.
>>
>>65926
Why? And miss people embarrasing themselves? Still, have to point out that the problem there isn't fedoras, but rather people who think there's many fedora tier posters.
Are you mad that only a small portion of christians knows enough about it to properly defend it?
>>
>>66029
>Are you mad that only a small portion of christians knows enough about it to properly defend it?
as a Christian yeah I am mad. But I also acknowledge that God doesn't call the intelligent or the strong to follow him. A simple man of faith and love God cherishes more than the greatest debater who forgets to love his enemies.

Now the mean spirited, hateful, prideful kind of dumb Christian that you're probably thinking about? Yeah, they're first in line for Satan's ovens
>>
>Christians
>religious people in general
> rationalizing

KEK
>>
>>66090
If only more people would think like this.
>>
>>66121

Yes, only a total absence of formal thought and following a flock can lead to atheism
>>
>>66121
>hey guys, all those philosophers, theologians, writers, and scientists of the last 2000 years.... ALL DUMB
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>66145

Gonna ratify myself, if I had been more inclined to thought, more inclined to study, more inclined to wisdom, more inclined towards instruction, I would have been a believer all of my life.

Thankfully God had mercy on me.
>>
>>65926
> rejection of God
Good cause he is a faggot that needs to fuck off
>>
>>66335
see>>65205
>>
>>66335
reddit pls go
>>
>>66762
Can someone explain to me the reddit meme
>>
>>66762
God pls go
>>
>>66787
/r/atheism was a default subreddit for a very long time on reddit. it's an anti-intellectual self righteous circle jerk of cringe
>>
>>66893
Good cause im a misotheist
>>
>>61920
How do you rationalize speaking about something you know nothing about?
>>
>>64848
Not sure where you got this from. /pol/ is a Christian board.
>>
>>66169
This, desu. I'm Christian, but spent ~ 15 years as a gaytheist. I can remember the moment I decided to entertain the possibility of God once again.

>God's existence is a philosophical question
>I despise the philosophy that rules over me
>Maybe, everyone wasn't wrong
>>
File: attachment.jpg (22 KB, 500x268) Image search: [Google]
attachment.jpg
22 KB, 500x268
>>66335
>>>>reddit

/his/ is a Christian board. Atheistards need not apply.
>>
>>67331
Eat your heart out you eldrich abomination slave filth
>>66935
>>
File: fags.jpg (95 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
fags.jpg
95 KB, 500x368
>>67470
>>
>>67719
Misotheist are superior in every way cause we want for God to exist and we want to fuck this Eldrich Abomination into the ground
Misotheism Master Race
>>
>>67719

Shan't.
>>
File: edhe.jpg (191 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
edhe.jpg
191 KB, 960x640
>>67771
>>
>>65926
>We don't need God let's build a giant tower to the heavens as if to symbolize we ourselves can be like the gods

They didn't build it to be like gods, did you even read the Bible story? Also, I doubt fucking with their language and society would unite them under their oppressor. Honestly it seems like it would just make them reject God even more
>>
>>67919
What we really do
- Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Nobel Peace Prize winner and champion against Apartheid, said in 2013 to an interviewer, "If LGBT people aren't allowed into heaven, then I would demand to be sent with them to Hell, as it would be preferable to a Heaven of bigots!"
>>
>>65926

Why did god kill all the giants though? What had they done wrong?
>>
File: 1436437300176.jpg (23 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1436437300176.jpg
23 KB, 400x300
>>68015
Giants were the result of fallen angels breeding with human women.
>>67934
'We dont need God, we can do it on our own' -- It leads to bad shit...

Of course I've read it... 'They didn't build it to be like Gods'. The whole project is indicative of a people who are God-defying, disobedient and overrun with pride. They were the masters; they rejected God and built this tower to serve as a monument of human achievement. Perhaps the builders didn't realize what they were doing, but by rejecting God and doing it on their own, they are perhaps in some way acting as ‘the gods’. By the gods I’m talking about devils/fallen angels here. Anyway given the nature of devils, scripture seems indicates that symbolically they're trying to be like the most high here (This is what devils do, and people who unknowingly follow him). Of course there is multiple ways to do this.
Isaiah 14:14
I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
>>
>>68223

Why doesn't God shoot down all the planes then?
>>
>>68223
>Douchebag God condemns humans for acting like a Douchebag God
It's like cosmic filth poetry
>>
>>68300
gods != God

>>68283
Planes are not the result of fallen angels having sex with humans.
>>
>>68333
Read it again
>>
>>68333

They fly higher than the clouds though.

And while we're on the subject why was it the giant's fault they were the children of fallen anegls, that doesn't make them bad people.
>>
>>68523
Just a douchebad insane egomaniac God anon
>>
He didn't do that at all.

Jesus only teaches about the virtues of non-violence, and the evils of violence. That the non-violent ends up being victimised only exposes the violence of man.
>>
>>68523
They are not 'bad people', they are not even people. Angels or devils/demons/sons of god/ are bound by different rules than us human begins or any other animal in this dimension.

It's not the height that made babel a problem, there isn't anything inherently evil about building large buildings.
>>
File: his-christian.png (1 MB, 1152x1178) Image search: [Google]
his-christian.png
1 MB, 1152x1178
>>67470
Stay mad.
>>
>>69285
>It's not the height that made babel a problem, there isn't anything inherently evil about building large buildings.

That isn't what the guy I replied to said.

What was the issue then? People working together?

>They are not 'bad people', they are not even people. Angels or devils/demons/sons of god/ are bound by different rules than us human begins or any other animal in this dimension.

So you are claiming no objective morality exists?

>>69300

Kek, delusion.
>>
>>68523
From what I can recall the nephilim which is what they were called had a huge hunger and because of it consumed all of the humans resources and began to eat people as well becoming a blight for humans and the earth. Some have also said that one of the reasons for the great flood was to get rid of them. Goliath was also said to be a descendant from them. Monsterpedia is a site you could look up if you want more info on them.
>>
>>64957
"In my name" is an important part there.

You are correct that it makes heroes of the martyrs, but that's a rather small category, at times anyways. There is, I think, an acknowledgement of heroism for those who go and suffer for doing right, but it's less heroism and more pity when you have suffered without cause.
>>
File: 790089070789.jpg (119 KB, 460x690) Image search: [Google]
790089070789.jpg
119 KB, 460x690
>people posting christ threads on an image board of Shinto shadow puppetry.
>>
>>69300
Cause im not a servant to a all powerful tyrant
Yeah no thanks
>>
>>65926
It is also worth noting that Nimrod is the first great slaver-king. His introduction calls him a "mighty hunter", which scholars think means "went and caught people"
>>
File: 1315275660940.jpg (10 KB, 171x251) Image search: [Google]
1315275660940.jpg
10 KB, 171x251
>>61920
"Blessed are the meek " - Jesus

Definition of meek? Submissive
>>
>>71256
I like you anon
>>
>>70802

Well, without being nasty, don't you think this is pretty silly and more of an example of theology desperately looking for excuses rather than rationally and morally interpreting a piece of literature?
>>
>>64848
>/pol/
>HATE Jesus
No. /pol/ is a Christian board.
>>
>>72023
>racist
>Christian
I don't think so buddy
>>
>>72023
/pol/ is contrarian
The actual christians are probably less than on the other boards outside of /v/,/b/,/mlp/ and the like
>>
>>72023

If /pol/ was a Christian board it would accept the obvious facts that Jesus hated racism and had a boyfriend.
>>
>>72023
I'm pretty sure the Christianity thing is mostly ironic shitposting.
>>
>>65058
The Tower of Babel is described inGenesis 11:1-9. After the Flood, God commanded humanity to "increase in number and fill the earth" (Genesis 9:1). Humanity decided to do the exact opposite, “Then they said, ‘Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves and not be scattered over the face of the whole earth’” (Genesis 11:4). Humanity decided to build a great city and all congregate there. They decided to build a gigantic tower as a symbol of their power, to make a name for themselves (Genesis 11:4). This tower is remembered as the Tower of Babel.

In response, God confused the languages of humanity so that they could no longer communicate with each other (Genesis 11:7). The result was that people congregated with other people who spoke the same language, and then went together and settled in other parts of the world (Genesis 11:8-9). God confused the languages at the Tower of Babel to enforce His command for humanity to spread throughout the entire world

>>
File: holodomor1.jpg (122 KB, 895x508) Image search: [Google]
holodomor1.jpg
122 KB, 895x508
Christianity
>Persecuted by Jews, Pagans, Muslims, and Commies(Jews)
>Literally most persecuted religion on Earth in history
>Understandably sees Jews as Synagogue of Satan, took over the Roman empire, defend themselves in the Crusades, and sided with Zionists(Jews) to oppose Marxists(Jews)
>Still seen as the most bigoted, intolerant, and evil religion among Jews, Muslims, neo-pagans, and Atheists.
/pol/ may call them the kek religion, but they are defiantly the definition of the "nice guy meme".
>>
File: victory.jpg (98 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
victory.jpg
98 KB, 650x366
>>72638

Sometimes I feel sorry for them.
>>
File: 1445381358925.png (154 KB, 253x395) Image search: [Google]
1445381358925.png
154 KB, 253x395
>>61920
Hi Nietzsche! Still rocking back and forth insisting you're Christ/Antichrist?

Anyway it's not that complicated. The 'culture of victimhood' sjw'ism is an antichristian mutation of the genuine concern for real victims that Christ insists upon.

The culture of victimization sacrifices others in the name of the victim. "We must kill all homophobes to stand up for the rights of homosexuals!" - Christianity is intrinsically against that sort of thing (though it has been guilty of it through its 2000 year history - sinners and all that)

There is no 'slave morality' in Christianity - master morality is merely siding with the crowd against the victim.

For more on all this read some Girard.
>>
>>72402
>and had a boyfriend.
/lgbt/ please
>>
>>65058
Fucking Demiurge.
>>
>>72603
>In response, God confused the languages of humanity so that they could no longer communicate with each other

The perfect way to force people to reproduce! Wow, god sure is infinitely wise
>>
>>72710

>bible please
>>
>>72700
>sees pic
What a waist of good genes.
>>
File: k3lhe.jpg (36 KB, 490x345) Image search: [Google]
k3lhe.jpg
36 KB, 490x345
>>72711
>[Gnosticism intensifies]
How many times do we have to stamp you out Satan worshiper?
>>
>>72718
>I'm a retard who have a poor reading comprehension.
>>
>>72402
>>72742
You made the claim. You "bible please". And the "Queen James" version doesn't count faggot.
>>
>>72818
It doesn't matter how much you try to, truth prevails.
>>
>>72855

Jesus was a guy who, in a culture that virtually demanded marriage, was a single guy, spent most of his time with twelve men, singled out three of them for leadership and one of them is known in the Bible as ‘the one whom Jesus loved.’

http://biblehub.com/john/13-23.htm
>>
File: Unknown.png (5 KB, 240x151) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.png
5 KB, 240x151
>>72930
>Ancient people didn't have religious affiliated virgins and celibates
>Eros is the only type of love in the world.
>I'm going to add fan fiction elements to the Bible
>>
>>72930
I think you're reading to much into that. Church as a whole has never taken that stance. The oral tradition of the jews had its own euphemisms for sexual relationships and that isn't one of them. Not nearly enough feet and bowels and stuff for it to be that kind of relationship.
>>
>>72930
>>73035

The bible as a book usually carefully refers to two people fucking each other as "knowing" each other and you don't think Jesus having a boyfriend that he loved hanging onto to his bosom at dinner was evidence he was gay.

Deary me lads, you just won gold medals in the mental gymnast olympics.
>>
>>72402
>>72930
Jesus was, allegedly, a member of the Essenes, and those practiced celibacy, so I don't think he had sexual relationships of any kind.
>>
>>65205
>the he is GOD and has ultimate authority on every matter
According to who? God? God doesn't need reason? God doesn't have morality? That'd make the concept meaningless. What you're looking at as "morality" at that point is simply god-fearing.

It's usually not a criticism of the supposed gods actions as you would critique a human. Usually it tries to "undermine" believers beliefs since the argument is that god isn't good.

It's probably easier to picture when you have a parent child relationship. The parent made the child, the child wouldn't exist without the parent. Does that give the parent ultimate authority over this sentient being? For better or worse? That's a very unpopular opinion, and the arguments rely on that. Most religious people don't have that kind of religious relationship that they consider whatever god says to be the right thing regardless of every conceivable factor. That's fanaticism, you often don't want to be considered a fanatic because it's politically incorrect. But any religious person with an ultimate authority such as god should be one hypothetically.
>>
>>73186
He probably jacked off though
>>
File: 1315765869311.jpg (23 KB, 400x297) Image search: [Google]
1315765869311.jpg
23 KB, 400x297
>>71256
This
>>
File: cortana-1.jpg (320 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
cortana-1.jpg
320 KB, 1920x1080
>>73231
I've always thought of it as a programmer generating a (as of now, impossibly complex) virtual world. Is the programmer not omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient about the realm they have created? Assuming that true AI could be considered a sentient sapient life form or species, would they not still be the property of the programmer, as his creation, and therefore he'd have authority to set whatever ethical or physical rules in place?
At what point does the creation becoming self aware overrule the creator's rightful ownership, if at all?
>>
>>64433
Isn't that the proper way to treat them?
>>
>>69300
Are you unironically using a 8gag OC here?
What's next, Vivian James?
>>
File: 1442209909257.gif (147 KB, 400x324) Image search: [Google]
1442209909257.gif
147 KB, 400x324
>>61920
When you frame the question like that, what's even the point of talking?
>>
>>73231
No. The difference is that God created sentience. He owns you. If God is real then he is the decider of morality. End of story. He could be a boy on an anthill with a magnifying glass and it'd be morally ok for him to do so. Fortunately, at least for Christians, he is not.
>>
>>64222
No. Christians actually put up with a ton of shit from atheists and Jews. Jews on the other hand haven't shut up about their fake genocide for something like the last 50 years.
>>
>>75226
>At what point does the creation becoming self aware overrule the creator's rightful ownership, if at all?

Never. Unless the programmer is incompetent.

>Is the programmer not omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient about the realm they have created?

Well, they can't make any program. For example, they can't make one that solves the halting problem
>>
>>76847
>what are inquisitions
>what is the second and fourth crusade
>>
>>62065
>>64433
Jesus also let his follows carry swords, at least for defense as Peter was able to use a sword to cut off a soldier's ear. You know, at least from the perspective of if you follow the bible you believed that happened or at least it has value and a message.
>>
God doesn't exist and he's a shitty ruler at that.
>>
>>72700
Hot
>>
>>74197

Onto other men's faces.
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.