[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about the Seljuks and the other Turkic clans of Anatolia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: the seljuks.jpg (206 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
the seljuks.jpg
206 KB, 960x640
Tell me about the Seljuks and the other Turkic clans of Anatolia they split into
>>
File: devrigi great mosque.jpg (609 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
devrigi great mosque.jpg
609 KB, 1024x768
they BTFO byzantines with half the force at Manzikert and established a huge caravan network that enabled people under control to trade, get rich, and increase in population, which led to a huge population increase which eventually was the reason ottomans became so successful

their architecture was also absolutely fascinating
>>
>>62686
Don't ruin /his/
>>
>>62736
is isn't /pol/ v2, don't turn it into that.
>>
>>62763
why do they bother you so much?
>>
>>62783
care to elaborate?
>>
>>62504
>>62686
>>62763
>>62783
>>62867
Calm down Prokopis, and pay denbts
>>
>>62867
>They also took Constantinople and ended Roman Empire.
In their defence, Byzantium was already left in ruins because of the 4th crusade so obviously they wouldn't miss the opportunity to conquer it
>>
>>62921
You're right it's obvious that you are Armenian.
>>
>>62867
how does any of that relate to seljuks though, you dumb /pol/ stormfag?
>>
>>62957
But not this much. You are Armenian aren't you? Or are you too ashamed of your heritage to admit it?
>>
>>62967
but seljuks did none of those things that you listed in your previous butthurt post

do you even know who seljuks were? your ignorance is astounding
>>
>>63039
show the last 3 letters of your last name in your ID/licence or passport
>>
>>63039
that doesn't mean that seljuks conquered Constantinople though. i mean, the reasons you hate ottomans do not even fit into what seljuks did
>>
>>62783
Read the sticky baka, this does not encourage any sort of worthwhile discussion and is blatant racism
>>
>>63070
wow. Are you that ashamed of your heritage that you can't even say from the start you're Armenian?

Why do you hate Turks so much? Everything is in the past now, why is the fire still burning you?
>>
>>63083
>fine I hate seljuks because they're t*rks

read the rules, and fuck of back to /pol/ then
>>
holy shit he got banned

this is my favorite board now :3. finally there is a board where one can actually have discussions without /pol/ shit.
>>
>>63183
just report the shitposters, the mods here are good. let's keep this board proper.
>>
>>63227
>let's keep this board proper.
amen
>>
>>62584
bait
>>
>>67094
how is that bait?
>>
Great thread.
>>
>>63227
>not allowing a negative perspective on your history

Go fuck off back to reddit you paki cunt
>>
>>67234
he wasn't bringing a negative perspective to the thread, he just kept saying turds
>>
File: seljukCAV.jpg (955 KB, 1349x1208) Image search: [Google]
seljukCAV.jpg
955 KB, 1349x1208
>>63227
Oh great this board is being turned into a totalitarian left-wing board where only ONE view of history is respected.

>>62867
The Ottomans were effectively the successors of the Byzantine Empire. Even the Seljuks called their lands : The Sultanate of Rûm coming from the Persian word for the Roman Empire.
>>
>>67643
>totalilarian left wing

Is there really a risk of that when every other thread is about Nazis, and if it's not that then it's someone managing to blame everything on """""THE JEWS""""""
>>
>>67643
>Oh great this board is being turned into a totalitarian left-wing board where only ONE view of history is respected.
No, that's not why he was banned, it was because he kept shitposting and breaking the rules.
His post was literally

>t*Rkshit architecture
etc. That's not really following the rules or contributing to anything.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.